Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? (13544 Views)

Xiaomi Fires 900 Employees, To Slash 15% Of Jobs Globally / Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. / Buying Of Jobs How True Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by wittywriter: 11:59am On Aug 09, 2023
Since the time Nigerians started seeing government jobs as retirement plans.

Wittyness
Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by Ernesthugo(m): 12:00pm On Aug 09, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin
Hamachi:
Ugo
Ugo
Ugo
How many times did I call you?Be guided

2 Likes

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 09, 2023
ednut1:
Those paying for the jobs are worse than those selling. Became more prominent in the early 2000s. Was coded in the past.
Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by harmargedon: 12:00pm On Aug 09, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by GodSaklek(m): 12:01pm On Aug 09, 2023
@ sacajawea
no one know much about buying job during military regime,the time of civilian rule gave birth to more different kinds of corruption and other criminal activities like paying for job,ritualist,kidnapping,yahoo,boko haram,extortation,baby factory,terrorism,bribery,forgery,scam and others,i could'nt land a ministry job in 2011 after my NYSC because i could'nt pay 4million requested. if european's type of ruling is'nt working,we should form our own system of government. Am in support of niger coup and also a supporter of Russia.

2 Likes

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by Exmilitant(m): 12:03pm On Aug 09, 2023
sacajawea:
https://www.nairaland.com/7795243/pay-get-dream-job

Looking at this thread, it made me thinking of something and ask the question?
Had this been the norm since the eighties or 90's? Or it became a standardised norm in the 2000s with Obasanjo's democracy coming
Job buying is the consequence of capitalism and overpopulation.

2 Likes

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by boldsleek: 12:05pm On Aug 09, 2023
Please, can someone help or link my sister up with a job in Aba.

she is a graduate of marketing.
she has teaching experience and Administrative experience.

Please, she can work as a sales Rep in fmcg, As a teacher, or even Administrator in Hospitality sector.

Help us ooooo
Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by Gboom: 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2023
SpatialKing:
More reason we need a new path in governance

I don't blame Niger Republic coup plotters
What new path are you talking about?
Are you calling for military takeover in Nigeria? A treason offence.

I have witnessed military and civilian rule in Nigeria, I can categorically tell you none of them fare well.
Corruption is embedded in the mind of people irrespective of the type of government in charge
Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by Akharmony: 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2023
Sadly it been going for ages . I know many pplw who bought Police and FRSC slot then in 2017 recruitment. .ASP was going for 550k depending on your contact
Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by WorkaholicB(m): 12:14pm On Aug 09, 2023
sacajawea:

Had this been the norm since the eighties or 90's? Or it became a standardised norm in the 2000s with Obasanjo's democracy coming

This has been going on for a long time. That is why many qualified graduates from modest family are not gainfully employed. They just can't have the opportunity to contribute their intelligence to the society on a national level.

As a masters degree holder with experience in hospitality and other industry, if I manage to get job in a government agency related to my field of study, I believe that the agency will turn around within a short time. But how on earth will I get that kind of opportunity when I don't have a God-father or mother?

1 Like

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by Chineloani(f): 12:15pm On Aug 09, 2023
Na mumu dey buy job.
Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by fieryblitz(m): 12:18pm On Aug 09, 2023
Neochemist:

Arbitrage only exist when there’s a supply/demand mismatch.

I like your thoughts though.
Thank you!
Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by Savechild23: 12:18pm On Aug 09, 2023
sacajawea:

If u get money pay and stop disturbing us

1 Like

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by Segzy19: 12:20pm On Aug 09, 2023
Which one is Obasanjo's democracy again o.?
Na wa for us in this naija sha! Obasanjo's democracy. I didn't realise Obasanjo has his own democracy or that individuals can have their own democracy

sacajawea:

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by Heineken(m): 12:20pm On Aug 09, 2023
Naija. Omo ehn. Ogadinma
Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by StPete: 12:23pm On Aug 09, 2023
Go to Nigerian Ports Authority, many of the job slots are sold or are given based on nepotism. The qualified contract staff are ignored and new people are brought in

1 Like

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 09, 2023
StPete:
Jjj
GodSaklek:
@ sacajawea
no one know anything about buying job during military regime,the time of civilian rule give birth to different kinds of corruption and other criminal activities like paying for job,ritualist,kidnapping,yahoo,boko haram,extortation,baby factory,terrorism,bribery,forgery,scam and others,i could'nt land a ministry job in 2011 after my NYSC because i could'nt pay 4million requested. if european's type of ruling is'nt working,we should form our own system of government. Am in support of niger coup and also a supporter of Russia.
Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by Juniorangel(m): 12:25pm On Aug 09, 2023
In 2021 I was in Abuja hunting for a job, I was offered a job in the NASS for 400k. Anyways sha it didn't work out cos me I don't have that kind of money then. All this still exist till today, if you have the right contacts.
Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by Shinjawestern: 12:28pm On Aug 09, 2023
Chineloani:
Na mumu dey buy job.

Na bcus u get job na..

2 Likes

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by lolu2019: 12:32pm On Aug 09, 2023
That thing is very bad.
Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by lolu2019: 12:34pm On Aug 09, 2023
boldsleek:
Please, can someone help or link my sister up with a job in Aba.

she is a graduate of marketing.
she has teaching experience and Administrative experience.

Please, she can work as a sales Rep in fmcg, As a teacher, or even Administrator in Hospitality sector.

Help us ooooo
tell her to go pharmaceutical companies.she is going to work as a sales rep.
Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by 9jatriot(m): 12:38pm On Aug 09, 2023
What I don't understand is this. You pay for a job that you know the salary is small, then later you turn around and start going on strike saying that the salary is small. Did the salary become small after you entered or it was always small?
Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by smokeyupu(m): 12:39pm On Aug 09, 2023
NA TODAY YANSH BEGIN DEY BACK

IN NIGERIA EVEN ELECTIONS ARE BOUGHT DIRECTLY OR OTHERWISE
Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by Nukilia: 12:41pm On Aug 09, 2023
It sounds so interesting that those who bought jobs will just read the comments and pass. grin grin grin.

2 Likes

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by Mosba: 12:45pm On Aug 09, 2023
E don tay both in cash and if you have Chelsea and Barca as a beautiful lady you can buy job in kind too

1 Like

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by Nukilia: 12:45pm On Aug 09, 2023
Gboom:

What new path are you talking about?
Are you calling for military takeover in Nigeria? A treason offence.

I have witnessed military and civilian rule in Nigeria, I can categorically tell you none of them fare well.
Corruption is embedded in the mind of people irrespective of the type of government in charge

I plead with Nigerians not to embrace military rule, the consequences are dire. We need to find a way to make our civilian rule work.

1 Like

Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by jayAjoku(m): 12:46pm On Aug 09, 2023
It has existed as Long as The corrupt Elements have been in power so probably since The time of independence.
Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by adams123: 12:51pm On Aug 09, 2023
I was born into this scenario, and it's a very bad experience which is part of the reason there's no peace in our dear country because even GOD said without justice they won't be peace.
I hope we get out of this situation someday.
Re: Buying Of Jobs, How Long Has this Been Existing? by leo1234(m): 12:51pm On Aug 09, 2023
ednut1:
Those paying for the jobs are worse than those selling. Became more prominent in the early 2000s. Was coded in the past.

Stop blaming the victims because you will not understand. embarassed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What You Are Doing Now VS What You Would Have Loved To Do. / Nairalander's Unemployed Graduates Initiative Featured In Punch / Taking An iPad/galaxy tab To Interview, Good Or Bad idea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.