Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,825 members, 7,817,409 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . (27726 Views)

Unavailability Of Result: What Are My Chances If I Sue A School For This Reason? / 2022 Waec Held Results Update� / My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by Wowdesigns: 12:44pm On Aug 09, 2023
Let him write his next waec in a public school.
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by bdon12: 1:00pm On Aug 09, 2023
rightopdeep:
All my child's Subjects result was held ,They gave a reason : That Biology paper 2 Essay ,Candidates copied each other One Another .

Infact I was shocked because my son is very very good in biology ,right from His Jss1 till Ss3 he does not scores below 70 ,I do access him myself ,If it were to be another Subjects I won't be bordered but Biology ,It's Quite Surprising .

I need an Advise Please .

Is there any hope ,I read that a Complaints can be Lodged ,Has anyone be successful with this ?
He might hav allowed someone copy him or its d normal useless mistakes they always make.
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by Segzy19: 1:14pm On Aug 09, 2023
If copy or allow your paper to be copied, it is a problem
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by Dadatao1998: 1:16pm On Aug 09, 2023
temitope28:
I marked this Year's WAEC and l can tell you the level of malpractice this year is on another level compared to previous year.
Examination malpractice is getting more rampant year by year.
It's too bad, i am also a teacher in secondary school but i don't really go by the idea of examination malpractice.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by Ceejay57: 1:18pm On Aug 09, 2023
Nigeria my country?

1 Like

Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by femagj(m): 1:18pm On Aug 09, 2023
Were you with your child in the exam hall? Or maybe you go to tribunal
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by Error401: 1:18pm On Aug 09, 2023
Lol why complicate issues, wetin concern jail concern waec withheld results, na wa o
shortgun:
He should prepare to reseat for the exam. Exam malpractice is a criminal offence that can land him in jail or ban if you push too much.... aiding or allowing another candidate copy your answers is also malpractice.

The examiners have evidence against him already.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by Firstorderwizard(m): 1:19pm On Aug 09, 2023
Register him for private waec (GCE)
No time to waste one full year

rightopdeep:
. Thank you ,I want to go and verify with him about other students results at the Centre to know if all were withheld .Right Now ,I couldn't go to Work ,My Boy is Psychologically down honestly ,I do not Support Examination Practises ,But I think It's a Pathetic Situation , if you see the Preparations made to Achieve Success in this WAEC , He was Focussed ,He loves Playing football but he had to shelve that ,We Refrained him from so many Works at home ,Clears one of the rooms ,Got him a Chair and table for his Privacy ,Register him at an Evening Tutorial .

Infact I don't know ...He loves Education and always On it .

We just moved To the Present Area ,So I had to register him in a New School about 4 Months to WAEC ,the Centre he wrote the WAEC is a School Different from the School He joined .

All the Monies ,Time ,Tutorials Wasted .

PLEASE I BEG FOR AN ADVISE ,HOW CAN WE KNOW A CENTRE THAT IS FREE FROM EXAMINATION MALPRACTICES .

INCASE I WANT TO REGISTER HIM FOR NECO OR WAEC AGAIN .

THE SCHOOL HE DID IT WAS ARROUND LAFENWA SIDE AFTER IPAJA AYOBO ....ANY HELP PLEASE...JUST VERY VERY SAD ,MY BOY MIGHT NOT PERFORM POSSIBLY IN ANY OTHER SUBJECT BUT NOT BIOLOGY ...IF THERE IS ANY SUBJECTS HE MIGHT COPY NOT BIOLOGY PRACTICAL,HE IS VERY GOOD IN IT .PLS ADVISE OF A GOOD CENTRE ARROUND THAT AREA ANY ..

1 Like

Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by charlesdinho(m): 1:19pm On Aug 09, 2023
thats why whenever i am writing an exam and someone is copying me, if he/she cannot change the sentence, i will cover my work... whenever someone wants to cheat, he/she must cheat with sense
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by Error401: 1:20pm On Aug 09, 2023
My Economics was witheld too, it was released after a while, I think 2 weeks. You dont ned to worry, it will be released, if not, might be canceled.
rightopdeep:
All my child's Subjects result was held ,They gave a reason : That Biology paper 2 Essay ,Candidates copied each other One Another .

Infact I was shocked because my son is very very good in biology ,right from His Jss1 till Ss3 he does not scores below 70 ,I do access him myself ,If it were to be another Subjects I won't be bordered but Biology ,It's Quite Surprising .

Is there any hope ,I read that a Complaints can be Lodged ,Has anyone be successful with this ?

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by femagj(m): 1:20pm On Aug 09, 2023
Do proper investigation before you expose yourself
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by DiamondPant(f): 1:21pm On Aug 09, 2023
rightopdeep:

If it's a private school, forget it.
Even students with 90+ internal exams cheat and the cheating is unfortunately facilitated by their teachers.
Some of the teachers in some private schools are not knowledgeable enough to teach their students to score 90%.
They either award marks recklessly or set very cheap exams so that their students can pass well for the school management not to be on their (teachers') neck.
When external exams come, they resort to helping their students cheat to keep up with the fabricated good grades.
I know schools where there students perform poorly in the Cambridge IGCSE examination but the same students in the same subjects come out with loads of As in the WASSCE.
The reason is that Cambridge supervisors are difficult to influence but the supervisors for WASSCE are easily compromised.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by Mjshexy(f): 1:21pm On Aug 09, 2023
rightopdeep:
. Thanks ...He has Been Sooo Dejected and Worried Since Yesterday , when I woke up arround 1 am I found him Sitting on the chair Sobbing ...I never see him in such a Mood before ,I could not sleep till this morning so as to avoid him hurting himself ,We read Stories .

He kept saying out of all Subject ...Biology ....,He brought out Most of his Previous Exams in the Past where he scored Amazing Marks ,Even Told me we should go to his Former School to Finds out about His Performances in Biology ,He changed School due to Distance.

Well I suspected the Centre .

Thanks

It will be released after some Months, tell him not to worry much.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by deeway200(m): 1:22pm On Aug 09, 2023
May be someone copied him
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by femagj(m): 1:22pm On Aug 09, 2023
Learn from the little girl who claimed to have the highest scores in this year JAMB
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by MrsTwrite(f): 1:22pm On Aug 09, 2023
No matter the complains you make to that stupid WAEC board they would do nothing, or better still the original result is not yet out, perhaps your son should wait a little while or he should resit the exam.
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by Ola4lead(m): 1:23pm On Aug 09, 2023
rightopdeep:

Candidates copying isn't a new thing, and that never means your son isn't good... The second student might have been the one that copy your son and it makes both guilty.
That is why student are advised not to copy each other words for words.
For verification request for both answer booklet and if it's true, just apologize to them and move on but if they are unable to provide their answer booklet then you can take it up
Shalom

1 Like

Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by casualobserver: 1:23pm On Aug 09, 2023
rightopdeep:

This is a similar thing mmesomas father said about his daughter. Let us even assume your son is good in biology. Students don’t turn up with similar papers in an essay exam unless someone copied someone. Whether someone copied your son or your son copied someone, you don’t end up with a similar essay without collusion. This is as you said essay, you can’t copy an essay without collusion.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by greggng: 1:24pm On Aug 09, 2023
rightopdeep:

Is one thing needing help , is another thing supporting a child involved in crime . The story of nmesoma is still fresh in our memory . By the time you start digging deep you will realised thst your child messed up. Let me give you two ways your child could have messed up

1. He might be copying others
2. Others might be copying from him

Since your child is brilliant...then he is guilty of allowing others copy from him. He should learn to be greedy with his papers . Even in higher institution I made same mistake abd 30 marks was removed from my financial acct paper...I was busy being a good person on the exam hall ...responding to everyone . Many students can't even compose there own sentence in there own way ...they wanna write it exactly how you wrote your own ...Next time he should learn to be selfish ...nobody will kill him for saying he doesn't answer to questions ...

1 Like

Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by Imert: 1:25pm On Aug 09, 2023
He over scored like Ammasoma, hope your son is from Anambra?

We go look into your matter.
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by Ashirioluwa: 1:26pm On Aug 09, 2023
rightopdeep:

Maybe him and some other candidates wrote down same thing.

Either your son copied someone’s work or he allowed someone to copy his work.
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by transient123(m): 1:26pm On Aug 09, 2023
Too bad and I feel the pain of the boy.

However, it's better to enrol your kid in schools where exam malpractice is almost zero, they still exist. By that, you are sure of results not withheld. You can still press for the result release with the support of the school if truly, there are no evidence against the school, but, trust me, the school has a skeleton in their cupboards.

My son did his Waec in a school where even borrowing a pencil during exams is a crime, he made all his papers except further maths with d7.

Jamb score was over 250. All thanks God then no malpractice where he wrote his exams.
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by wunmi590(m): 1:27pm On Aug 09, 2023
shortgun:
He should prepare to reseat for the exam. Exam malpractice is a criminal offence that can land him in jail or ban if you push too much.... aiding or allowing another candidate copy your answers is also malpractice.

The examiners have evidence against him already.

What of if its the invigilators that took his answer shet after he might have submitted and left the exam hall, and they took his book and discovered that all his answers was correct and they gave it to other student to copy from?

This is Nigeria and anything can happen...

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by TheGiftedOne(m): 1:29pm On Aug 09, 2023
gratefulheart:
He may probably allowed someone to copied his paper and if they're serial know is close the examiner or maker will suspect the two similar paper.

Who explains the grammatical cobweb for Me? I'm lost!

1 Like

Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by Meteng: 1:31pm On Aug 09, 2023
iyaamoke:
Ma, I understand how hurt you must feel to see your child that way. I have been there. It's obvious that center was compromised and as earlier advised, it is better not to push it any further.
You should have asked around before registering your boy in that school. Everyone knows the schools that are notorious for 'runs'. Having said that, I will counsel you to speak to your boy, let him know how proud you are of him for the feat he has achieved. Tell him this is only a temporary setback that you shall both overcome together. Let him know you are with him all the way. This does not make him a failure. It's only one of the many issues of life. When he finally succeds, he will be stronger and be able to help anyone who falls into the same trap.
Now, you can quickly go and register him for GCE private (It's still open). You don't have control over where he will be posted but pray that God will lead him to a good center. Make sure he studies as hard as he would ordinarily have done if he hadn't suffered this setback. I assure you, this too shall pass and you shall both rejoice. Wishing you the best. I hope this helps
You’re a great individual. I love this
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by ppogba: 1:31pm On Aug 09, 2023
Where is Mmesoma' s result now?

Prof. Oloyede wants to check something.
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by shortgun(m): 1:37pm On Aug 09, 2023
Error401:
Lol why complicate issues, wetin concern jail concern waec withheld results, na wa o
There's the examination malpractices Act.
You can go to jail for engaging in exam malpractice.
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by lomprico(m): 1:39pm On Aug 09, 2023
rightopdeep:

Wetin you want make we do now? Your pikin copy pesin or the pesin copy your pikin word for word. Register am for Neco
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by Invest4growth: 1:50pm On Aug 09, 2023
The only option is to allow WAEC to conclude it's investigations. This is where the mock.exam.result will become useful.amomg.others.

You.cannot.trust students. Human beings grade these scripts under different layers and all of them are saying there was a problem. Then it has to be investigated

You cannot do anything outside what the school.and state Ministry of Education will do.

In the extreme WAEC may decide to cancel that biology for all the students involved. Then you can rely on the same Biology in this NECO.result.

If you.have to.do.anything at all then you wait till the investigations are concluded. Perhaps all the results may be released. If any is withheld then you write an appeal to WAEC for a remark but it comes with a fee. Do not go with the intention of fighting otherwise you will not achieve anything and WAEC will make a mess of your family name. We are witnesses to recent JAMB issue
Re: WAEC Held My Child's Results Because Of This Reason . by samuelson06(m): 1:51pm On Aug 09, 2023
rightopdeep:

Don't trust your son. Don't trust children. Make plans to register him for GCE. Advise him to sit down, read, and write his exams.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! / 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them / A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.