Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

My Agnosticism Journey* - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Agnosticism Journey* (1281 Views)

Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator / The Fallacy Of Agnosticism And Deism. / Agnosticism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Agnosticism Journey* by Negroid001(m): 2:41am On Aug 09, 2023
If you're a religious fanatic. Please don't comment or quote rubbish here. This post is for free thinkers, agnostics and open minded folks. Atheists and religious folks stay clear please. Keep your opinions to yourself.

I developed a keen habit for reading and research as early at the age of 7. One of the first books i researched was the bible. I used to win a lot of bible quizzes and competition and wanted to know more. I have read the bible from genesis to revelations for about 7 times in my entire life and the contradictions and inaccuracies of the supposedly holy book made me start questioning the real world.
I suppose every free thinker went through this stage too.
Questions like where was God during the jewish holocaust, slavery and world wars?
How would God single out a single race as supreme to all?
How come moses wrote the first five books and included his death in it, same with Joshua.
Who did cain marry when he deserted his parents.
How did all the animals in the world right now fit into the ark during the flood (do your research on the size of the ark. The titanic is bigger than it).
The list is long, i can't list em all.

I looked around me and saw the hypocrisy in religion in general. Nigeria is like the most religiously diverse country in africa yet our morals and corruption is our emblem worldwide. What's the essence of all the churches and mosques we have around.
A country where you have drug dealers, prostitutes, fraudsters and notoriously corrupt people occupying the front pews and rows of every religious structure.

What's the essence of believing in a God that we don't respect. Our daily bread comes first.

It messed up with my mind as a kid. And i researched other religions too searching for meaning. Read the quran, discovered another whole new world. Studied with Jehovah witnesses, got more enlightened, delved into the holy grail, another universe. None provided answers. I became atheist by default. I've really changed a lot. Used to be called the Anthichrist by teachers and students because of my thought provoking questions and revelations with proof.
I'll share some overtime.

What really converted me to Agnosticism was a whole different thing. Decided to visit the beach for the first time in my adult life (Do this every year). I gazed upon the waters and it's extension. It was baffling, up until now i believed in evolution. Had an ephiphany that day. Life is a product of design. Obviously. Who this designer is? Nobody knows jack shi. Overtime civilizations and cultures have come and go. Every culture has developed a framework of stories and folk lores to explain the creation story, it's from here religion and sects are created. Every culture has it's creation story. So far so good it's been a conquest of my God story is better than yours. Just like sports, everybody supports a team and claims their team is the best, there is a framework for disputing it which is a league. In reality no team is superior, it's just endless conquest. Different eras have come and go with the dominant culture influencing others idea of the creation story.
During the romans era, lots of paganism.
Babylonian era, lots of sacrifices.
Egypt also influenced the world, tho its oudated and oblivious like the rest.
The abrahamic wave spread recently across Asia and europe, forcing everyone to become muslims and Christians.

Africa is very much caught in it's aftermath, it's why we suffer a lot despite our religiousness.

If you ask me, is there a God?
I'd reply with "is it the God of the bible, Quran, your culture and countless other religions?"

There is indeed an intelligent supreme being. Y'all should stop claiming you have an idea what it is. Humans have even attributed a gender to the x factor we know nothing about.

Cause it's obvious we're all out here on our own with no one supervising us on a spherical rock orbiting the sun with no clue whatsoever as to where we're headed. We're all trying to figure it out.

Europeans stopped searching for the x factor a long time ago and instead researched our surroundings, they are yeilding results. Africans are stuck here looking at the sky awaiting for one ancestor to return or one Yeshua to come back with salvation.

We are our own salvation. Leave the x factor.
It's like the characters in a video game trying to claim they the programmers and engineers that developed the console.

This is a lengthy one

What's your opinion?

Ignore any typo error. I'm not perfect like your Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by Kobojunkie: 3:21am On Aug 09, 2023
Negroid001:
Ignore any typo error. I'm not perfect like your Jesus.
Jesus Christ commands that you become perfect/holy even as the Father in Heaven is Holy. He went even further to cajole that you seek first the Kingdom of God (Holiness) and God's Righteousness in order that all these things--- the blessings and the rewards of Heaven --- shall be added onto you. I guess I am wondering what the intention is behind your bold announcement that you have yet to do as God commands? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by Negroid001(m): 3:34am On Aug 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ commands that you become perfect/holy even as the Father in Heaven is Holy. He went even further to cajole that you seek first the Kingdom of God (Holiness) and God's Righteousness in order that all these things--- the blessings and the rewards of Heaven --- shall be added onto you. I guess I am wondering what the intention is behind your bold announcement that you have yet to do as God commands? undecided

His name ain't Jesus. No letter j in greek alphabet. It's ieoshua or ieosus.
Would you appreciate if people pronounced your name kobojunkie as robomonkey in some near future?
Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by Maynman: 3:56am On Aug 09, 2023
Theist sympathizers.
Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by Negroid001(m): 4:04am On Aug 09, 2023
Maynman:
Theist sympathizers.

Each to his own beliefs.
Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by Maynman: 4:06am On Aug 09, 2023
Negroid001:

Each to his own beliefs.
Only theists do such.
You are still using your monotheistic beliefs and hiding under agnosticism.

2 Likes

Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by Negroid001(m): 4:10am On Aug 09, 2023
Maynman:

Only theists do such.
You are still using your monotheistic beliefs.
That's why it's called Agnosticism. I learn everyday. My head is like a sponge. My views are open to corrections. I'm not rigid like an Atheist or Religious fanatic.
The fact you used a negative word shows your core belief was questioned. The principles i believe in work for me.
I don't give a damn about your beliefs. I even encouraged yours that it inspired me to share my views.

2 Likes

Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by Maynman: 4:13am On Aug 09, 2023
Negroid001:

That's why it's called Agnosticism. I learn everyday. My head is like a sponge. My views are open to corrections. I'm not rigid like an Atheist or Religious fanatic.
The fact you used a negative word shows your core belief was questioned. The principles i believe in work for me.
I don't give a damn about your beliefs. I even encouraged yours that it inspired me to share my views.

Agnosticism is based on ignorance, you are already sympathetic to the word “god”, you are just looking for ways to justify it, the fact that you think there’s anything like a creator or designer points to such.

I told you only theists have such beliefs, i am not joining in that beliefs that is why i am an atheist.

1 Like

Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by Kobojunkie: 4:21am On Aug 09, 2023
Negroid001:
■ His name ain't Jesus. No letter j in greek alphabet. It's ieoshua or ieosus.
Would you appreciate if people pronounced your name kobojunkie as robomonkey in some near future?
If God cared so much about the pronunciation of His name, don't you think he would have maybe made certain to give a lesson pronunciation lesson somewhere in His Gospel? undecided

Anyways, back to the issue at hand. Jesus Christ commands that you become perfect/holy even as the Father in Heaven is Holy. He went even further to cajole that you seek first the Kingdom of God (Holiness) and God's Righteousness in order that all these things--- the blessings and the rewards of Heaven --- shall be added onto you. I guess I am wondering what the intention is behind your bold announcement that you have yet to do as God commands? undecided
Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by KnownUnknown: 4:45am On Aug 09, 2023
Negroid001:

There is indeed an intelligent supreme being.

Just one? Why not 19? What if this supreme being is supremely unintelligent?

Maybe there is a race of supreme beings and yours is the dumbest one imaginable.

Negroid001:

Y'all should stop claiming you have an idea what it is.

Why should they do that when you just did the same thing above. Isn’t your intelligent supreme being a claim?

Negroid001:

Humans have even attributed a gender to the x factor we know nothing about.

If you know nothing about it why are you sure that it is singular?
You don’t attribute gender to it but you think it’s intelligent.

Negroid001:

Every culture has developed a framework of stories and folk lores to explain the creation story, it's from here religion and sects are created. Every culture has it's creation story.

So you can understand that people create these stories while being utterly incapable of understanding that “god”, “supreme being” ,“the great bla bla” are characters in these stories. Are you aware that there are examples of “creation stories” that are devoid of “creators” or gods?

People create stories and the characters in stories but “god” is somehow exempt. Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by KnownUnknown: 5:07am On Aug 09, 2023
Negroid001:

If you ask me, is there a God?
I'd reply with "is it the God of the bible, Quran, your culture and countless other religions?"

Shouldn’t the response be “what is a god”?

Have you ever seen a god, experienced a god, know the substance a god is made of, what a god smells like, looks like, sound like?

No. All your”agnosticism” is based on is the presupposition that there is some shit called god, which you call “supreme being” while deluding yourself that you are somehow enlightened because of your “neutrality” about a question you already answered in the affirmative.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by Negroid001(m): 5:14am On Aug 09, 2023
KnownUnknown:

Have you ever seen a god, experienced a god, know the substance a god is made of, what a god smells like, looks like, sound like?

No. All your”agnosticism” is based on is the presupposition that there is some shit called god, which you call “supreme being” while deluding yourself that you are somehow enlightened because of your “neutrality” about a question you already answered in the affirmative.

Me i no dey argue.
I believe in a higher authority.
Higher intelligence.

You not agreeing is none of my business.
Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by Negroid001(m): 5:15am On Aug 09, 2023
Maynman:

Agnosticism is based on ignorance, you are already sympathetic to the word “god”, you are just looking for ways to justify it, the fact that you think there’s anything like a creator or designer points to such.

I told you only theists have such beliefs, i am not joining in that beliefs that is why i am an atheist.
Ok.
Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by Negroid001(m): 5:15am On Aug 09, 2023
KnownUnknown:

Ok you are right.
Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by correctguy101(m): 5:52am On Aug 09, 2023
Negroid001:

Me i no dey argue.
Higher intelligence.

shocked
Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by Maynman: 9:14am On Aug 09, 2023
Negroid001:

Me i no dey argue.
Higher intelligence.

Please explain what you mean by “higher authority” and “higher intelligence”?
Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by ReacherSaidNoth: 9:24am On Aug 09, 2023
Yet another person wearing a label he cannot differentiate from other labels. Agnosticism is not a fence to sit on between theism and atheism. By saying you believe in some intelligent designer, you are a theist sympathizer like someone rightly said.

2 Likes

Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by triplechoice(m): 9:38am On Aug 09, 2023
Negroid001:

From the things you have said about yourself ,the word. that best describe your current position is deism. ,not agnosticism.

Deist are the ones who are convinced an external creator exist for the world we collectively share together. Agnostics don't hold such conviction yet

1 Like

Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by triplechoice(m): 9:45am On Aug 09, 2023
ReacherSaidNoth:
Yet another person wearing a label he cannot differentiate from other labels. Agnosticism is not fence to isit on between theism and atheism. By saying you believe in some intelligent designer, you are a theist sympathizer like someone rightly said.

Deist best describes him
Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by Maynman: 9:56am On Aug 09, 2023
triplechoice:

Deist best describes him
Agnostics are even more stupid, agnostics believe that the question of whether “God” exists does have an answer, even though they suspend judgment on what it is.
Cc lordreed

2 Likes

Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by Maynman: 10:00am On Aug 09, 2023
triplechoice:

From the things you have said about yourself ,the word. that best describe your current position is deism. ,not agnosticism.

Deist are the ones who are convinced an external creator exist for the world we collectively share together. Agnostics don't hold such conviction yet

Define the word “god”?

2 Likes

Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by Negroid001(m): 10:07am On Aug 09, 2023
triplechoice:

After i ditched Athiesm. Was calling myself athiest even years after. If you say I'm a Deist, it's fine. I stand to be corrected.
Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by Negroid001(m): 10:09am On Aug 09, 2023
ReacherSaidNoth:
Yet another person wearing a label he cannot differentiate from other labels. Agnosticism is not fence to sit on between theism and atheism. By saying you believe in some intelligent designer, you are a theist sympathizer like someone rightly said.
Whatever.
Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by Maynman: 10:09am On Aug 09, 2023
Negroid001:

After i ditched Athiesm. Was calling myself athiest even years after. If you say I'm a Deist, it's fine. I stand to be corrected.
First off, you don’t know what “atheism” is, you didn’t ditch atheism, you only ditch christianity and the worship of yahweh and his son.

1 Like

Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by Negroid001(m): 10:12am On Aug 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If God cared so much about the pronunciation of His name, don't you think he would have maybe made certain to give a lesson pronunciation lesson somewhere in His Gospel? undecided

Anyways, back to the issue at hand. Jesus Christ commands that you become perfect/holy even as the Father in Heaven is Holy. He went even further to cajole that you seek first the Kingdom of God (Holiness) and God's Righteousness in order that all these things--- the blessings and the rewards of Heaven --- shall be added onto you. I guess I am wondering what the intention is behind your bold announcement that you have yet to do as God commands? undecided

Maybe that's why Nigeria's prayer to Jesus has been going up into thin air.
We're still busy arguing about whose football team is better like I illustrated in the post.
Everyone here is trying to prove they know something.
Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by LordReed(m): 10:20am On Aug 09, 2023
Maynman:

Agnostics are even more stupid, agnostics believe that the question of whether “God” exists does have an answer, even though they suspend judgment on what it is.
Cc lordreed

More than anything else these discussions on agnosticism has pushed me more towards Ignosticism. What is a god? Does that word have a coherent, non ambiguous answer or is it just another word for bullshìt.

2 Likes

Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by Maynman: 10:21am On Aug 09, 2023
LordReed:

More than anything else these discussions on agnosticism has pushed me more towards Ignosticism. What is a god? Does that word have a coherent, non ambiguous answer or is it just another word for bullshìt.
Man that is what i have been trying to say to those numbskulls since.

1 Like

Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by LordReed(m): 10:28am On Aug 09, 2023
ReacherSaidNoth:
Yet another person wearing a label he cannot differentiate from other labels. Agnosticism is not fence to sit on between theism and atheism. By saying you believe in some intelligent designer, you are a theist sympathizer like someone rightly said.

LoLz. As in, seriously. They are just dancing around in some semantic gymnastics. Imagine someone saying "I don't believe" is not the same as "I neither believe nor disbelieve". I am just LMFAO.

4 Likes

Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by triplechoice(m): 12:49pm On Aug 09, 2023
LordReed:

The word,. God or "creator",are descriptive terms which some theist are using to describe what they conclude is responsible for the world we live in .

Others have concluded differently .

For those ones , the universe itself. is its own "creator" .nothing external..

Buddism is one religion holding on to that . They don't believe an external being is responsible for our world .
Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by Maynman: 12:54pm On Aug 09, 2023
triplechoice:

Buddism is one religion holding on to that . They don't believe an external being is responsible for our world .
“Buddism” is an atheistic religion, they don’t believe any entity either external or internal “created” the world.
Also “buddism” has nothing to do with “god”.

Hope you also know “buddism” is literally from Hinduism.

“God” is a dangerous word especially as understood in the West.

Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by LordReed(m): 12:54pm On Aug 09, 2023
triplechoice:

The word,. God or "creator",are descriptive terms which some theist are using to describe what they conclude is responsible for the world we live in .

Others have concluded differently .

For those ones , the universe itself. is its own "creator" .nothing external..

So no coherent non-ambiguous answer.

2 Likes

Re: My Agnosticism Journey* by Maynman: 1:05pm On Aug 09, 2023
triplechoice:

It’s only in monotheism that god means creator or what is “responsible for the world”.
Read again, It’s only in MONOTHEISM that defines their god as that.
god/deity/orisa is a title not a person, so like a typical monotheist you have to tell us WHICH god you are talking about, is it yahweh, allah, moloch, marduk, jupiter, osiris, odin etc
Again, god is a title not a person.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do We Show The Beauty Of Our Religions? / The City That God Has Prepared / That You Are Born Again Does Not Guarantee Answers To Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.