Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,463 members, 7,954,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:02 AM

The City That God Has Prepared - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The City That God Has Prepared (1306 Views)

Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. / The Coming Back Of Jesus: How To Be Prepared As A Christian / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The City That God Has Prepared by Bobbyaf(m): 5:55am On Aug 06, 2006
Have You Ever Wondered What The City Looks Like That God Has Prepared?

Do you really desire to be there? Can you all find any scriptural references to show the "realness" of this city?

I will be the first:

"Wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city." Hebrews 11:16.
Re: The City That God Has Prepared by Bobbyaf(m): 6:10am On Aug 06, 2006

Here is an artist's conception of the city. Not sure if its a good one though. If you look you can see the river of life that seems to be running with the tree of life arching accross it.
Re: The City That God Has Prepared by kenshin(m): 3:05pm On Aug 07, 2006
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and I will write upon him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God which is new Jerusalem which cometh down out of heaven from my God and I will write upon him my new name. Rev 3:12

from this verse we can see that this city of God is quite different from Heaven and God will eventually bring this city to earth
Re: The City That God Has Prepared by Bobbyaf(m): 3:58pm On Aug 07, 2006
Can you imagine a city floating through space? I recently read some material that estimated that this city would be able to hold close to 39 billion people, based on the measurement of it in Rev. 21

"The city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs." Revelation 21:16. The city is perfectly square. Its perimeter is 12,000 furlongs, or 1,500 miles (a furlong is 1/8 mile). It is 375 miles long on each side.

Notice the city's size compared to several states in the diagram above.
Re: The City That God Has Prepared by donnie(m): 2:31pm On Oct 26, 2007
Some are hoping for a city in the sweet bye and bye. Others are marching to that city while some dwell there for they were born right there. Glory!
Re: The City That God Has Prepared by jagunlabi(m): 2:00pm On Oct 27, 2007
And the name of that city is ILE IFE.
Re: The City That God Has Prepared by Horus(m): 4:28pm On Oct 27, 2007
It is the crystal city, or New Jerusalem, also known as Nibiru If you`ve ever heard of the pyramids of Giza, well there are three pyramids of Giza that allign with Orion`s belt constellation. There are also three pyramids in Mars (Lahmu),look up Cydonia that are in the same formation.
Re: The City That God Has Prepared by donnie(m): 11:01am On Oct 28, 2007
ZION is the name of that city.
Re: The City That God Has Prepared by dumie(f): 3:05pm On Nov 06, 2007
Zion is the name of the city and we dwell there now!!!!
Re: The City That God Has Prepared by donnie(m): 10:42pm On Nov 15, 2007
Ur right sis! We're citizens of ZION.
Re: The City That God Has Prepared by dumie(f): 3:33pm On Nov 21, 2007
Yes bro Donnie and we are from Zion and the wonderful thing is we live there now in that beautiful country smiley

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Practice A Religion That Was Brought By Arab Swordsmen Forcibly / Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk / Halleluyah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.