Stats: 3,150,917 members, 7,810,525 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele (20469 Views)

FG Deploys Officers To Mdas To Monitor PMS Implementation / FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication / States Government, Not FIRS To Collect VAT Federal High Court Declares (2) (3) (4)

Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by EconomistXplain: 11:21am On Aug 09, 2023
tishbite42:

I think Bubu goons later discovered it and removed Babatunde Fowler.

yes..it was Aba kyari who latter understood saraki and elrufai cries about what tinubu is doing...nd asked buhari to sign and get him removed...they wanted to cancle the remitta contrcat, then tinibu went to media to cry that he is being marginalized...he wouldn't stop crying marginalization up md down...

so bubu ask that the contract be left to run to the end..if u dont know tinubu is now richer than dangotes thru remitta and lagos allocation...the man is after the presidency only for moentary gains..

immediately he assumed office..he took 500billion for local women empowerment, again 500million dollars loan was approved for something else next is 700billion for palliative...niger will run under before he leaves..

Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by Iluvmycontr3: 11:27am On Aug 09, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Our problem in Nigeria is not lack of policies,but that of implementation. Will these bodies stop the collection of these taxes?.

They will simply come up with another way to keep collecting money from citizens.

I hope it works this time around.

The government has all it takes to make it work if willing or determined.. Power to the people πŸ’ͺπŸ™
Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by harmargedon: 11:27am On Aug 09, 2023
GrowthLover:
Customs will not like this grin
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ now they'll start collecting lesser amount like the police.
Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by Horbar1: 11:27am On Aug 09, 2023
I hope this would not lead to double taxation at the end of the day ?

Meanwhile we sell quality day old chicks from reputable hatcheries at affordable prices. Check my signature.

Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by tfelicityk(m): 11:29am On Aug 09, 2023
Good news...
They should do the needful on time so as people will be paying double tax...
Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by sonofElElyon: 11:33am On Aug 09, 2023
Fantastic. Should curb corruption to an extent

Use my invitation code to mine ice token on ice network for free. Use this link to download the app and follow the simple prompts

ice.io/@iyanuchristian

after you download the app, iyanuchristian is invitation code.
Main net is slated for October 2024 when you can swap ice token for fiat or stable coins on exchanges

Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by Yankee101: 11:35am On Aug 09, 2023
Tinubu model
One central collection
Bring in a consultant
The consultant will take a percentage
He is the owner of the consultant
Northerners go remove this one
E no go last

Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by Abifarin16: 11:36am On Aug 09, 2023
GrowthLover:
Customs will not like this grin
then get choice Tax Dan sweet too much for body.
Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by joyandfaith: 11:41am On Aug 09, 2023
MrPRevailer:
Awake to reality so that when the next planned pandemic hits, you know where it's coming from and why

Stop watching mainstream media BBC, CNN etc. They are propagandists.
Ditch the convenience. Seek for Truth and help save humanity.

Check my signature.

Which media should we watch? MrPRevailer tv?

Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by joyandfaith: 11:42am On Aug 09, 2023
Yankee101:
Tinubu model
One central collection
Bring in a consultant
The consultant will take a percentage
He is the owner of the consultant
Northerners go remove this one
E no go last

He would give key northerners their portions. He is a master of the game.

Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by Voiceofthestree: 11:43am On Aug 09, 2023
Crystalom35:
I build investment website for 10k only or you can get the script for 5k and install it yourself.

All scripts work superbly.

I also build VTU website for 10k only or you can get the script for 5k.

I also build multivendor ecommerce websites like jumia or jiji cost 10k only or you can get the script for 5k and install it yourself.

What kind of investment website? And can I see a template ?
Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by blaise26abj(m): 11:46am On Aug 09, 2023
Akfrenzy:
grin CUSTOM DG will kick against it ASAP 😜

FIRS guys will soon become stupidly wealthy . I know what these guys make by the side from enforcing tax compliance .

2ndly , it is what customs or other agencies tell you to collect you will collect . What if customs officers tell me my tax is 30,000 but they can adjust it to 10k for FIRS and I pay them 10k by the side . What is to stop them from doing this ? Corruption will fight back HARD !

Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by Okarakwu: 11:48am On Aug 09, 2023
Our light for the area has just been restored after contributing to fix the transformer, new levy is out for security fee for the vigilante, every last Saturday during sanitation we contribute money buy cement and things to work the pot holes in the roads in our area.... Of what benefit is the tax for if I may ask?
Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by kokoA(m): 11:50am On Aug 09, 2023
miceroms:
There will be push-backs from these agencies. This is because they all get additional money for collecting these taxes. They will use the National Assembly to frustrate whatever is to be proposed. Even an executive order won’t do much in this regard.
Not when the will is there from FG. There's nothing FG wants to achieve if they really want to, the problem has been lack of political will.

Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by waleolaniyan: 11:51am On Aug 09, 2023
This new tax collection reform is fantastic and will be excellent only if FIRS won't hire contractors or hired-firms to do the job for them. Anything short of this is like re-coloration of the old order, or maybe, a new order of alibaba and the forty thieves. Secondly, make all transactions online and digital.

But the old crooks in all those agencies whose jobs of stealing funds will come up with insane extortion formula. Just watch how things play out.

Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by COMPAQ(m): 11:52am On Aug 09, 2023
nairalandkachy1:

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/08/09/just-in-customs-62-mdas-to-stop-direct-revenue-collection-firs-will-take-charge-presidential-committee/

Nigeria rich man has a house in Houston of $500k that he pays property tax of circa $12k on per year.

Same rich man has a house in Ikoyi valued at N500mln. Ask him to come and pay N250k per year land use charge ($277) and they will shout to the high heavens and call folks in govt they know and intimidate the revenue guys from their property.

But everyone wants Nigeria to be like obodo oyinbo.

THE RICH SHOULD PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE!!

Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by COMPAQ(m): 11:53am On Aug 09, 2023
kokoA:
Not when the will is there from FG. There's nothing FG wants to achieve if they really want to, the problem has been lack of political will.

True. and since the NASS seems to be in Tinubu's back pocket, it will fly more easily than you think.
Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by juman(m): 11:56am On Aug 09, 2023
It sounds good.
Major part of the country's revenue suppose to be generated through tax.

Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by TOMMYS: 11:57am On Aug 09, 2023
Can only Firs do it alone?.

I hope they won't be hiring 62 consultants for collection of govt revenue
Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by MrPRevailer(m): 11:59am On Aug 09, 2023
joyandfaith:

Which media should we watch? MrPRevailer tv?

Firstly, I didn't expect this from someone with a signature because my signature is obviously visible to you.

Stevequayle.com
Thepeoplesvoice.tv
NowtheendBegins.com
Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by commoditiesnig: 11:59am On Aug 09, 2023
nairalandkachy1:

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/08/09/just-in-customs-62-mdas-to-stop-direct-revenue-collection-firs-will-take-charge-presidential-committee/
Very good move! FIRS should be the only agency handling all revenues.

"In fact, our plan is to repeal many of the taxes that currently make doing business difficult without introducing new ones and yet collect more,"
Noted!

Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by commoditiesnig: 12:01pm On Aug 09, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Our problem in Nigeria is not lack of policies,but that of implementation. Will these bodies stop the collection of these taxes?.

They will simply come up with another way to keep collecting money from citizens.

I hope it works this time around.
They have no choice but to comply this time around

This is a Presidential committee, reporting directly to the President!

Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by EcoNews: 12:04pm On Aug 09, 2023
Where no state is able to generate 1/10 of what same Lagos generate today

Note this is without increased taxation
Rayban25:
Tax master is here to repeat what he did in lagos grin grin

Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by integrity16(m): 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2023
miceroms:
There will be push-backs from these agencies. This is because they all get additional money for collecting these taxes. [b]They will use the National Assembly to frustrate whatever is to be proposed[/b]Even an executive order won’t do much in this regard.

One of the advantage of having a rubber stamp national assembly I guess.
Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by HNICEARTH: 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2023
All these drama/reform is just a prelude to unearth a tax consultant that will work with FIRS for a certain %. Nah that consultant be the reason for the reform. Just watch that space. E go be una like magic
Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by integrity16(m): 12:15pm On Aug 09, 2023
TOMMYS:
Can only Firs do it alone?.

I hope they won't be hiring 62 consultants for collection of govt revenue

Alphabeta would come in handy. If you know you know
Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by joyandfaith: 12:18pm On Aug 09, 2023
MrPRevailer:

Firstly, I didn't expect this from someone with a signature because my signature is obviously visible to you.

Stevequayle.com
Thepeoplesvoice.tv
NowtheendBegins.com

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/g201312/can-you-trust-news-media/
Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by mkoabiola: 12:20pm On Aug 09, 2023
Custom, ncc, nimasa etc won't be happy with this news

They will still find loopholes to shortchange firs
Re: Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele by kafeii123: 12:24pm On Aug 09, 2023
Make sense if you ask me

Badeh Forfeits $1m Cash, N1bn Mansion To FG / Court Of Appeal Voids Sani Musa’s Election As Senator / The Coming Of Kano-Kaduna Modern Railway & Its Social & Economic Significance