Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,204 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill (21781 Views)

Ghanaโ€™s Parliament Passes Anti-Gay, LGBTQ Bill / Ajaypal Singh Banga Is Sole Nominee For World Bank Presidency / US To Review Funding To WHO Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by dreu2fine(m): 4:45pm On Aug 09, 2023
HonNL:

SOURCE

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7707379/death-penalty-life-imprisonment-museveni#123442481
We at Africans we don't pratice such it's forbeden, keep. Your money and if you so need them. Come n carry them to your country
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Hermes119: 4:46pm On Aug 09, 2023
12inchess:
I swear I have nothing against gay people but this is big time hypocrisy. I guess it should no longer be called world bank but western ideals world bank. Make it make sense. angry angry angry. Homosexuality became legal in U.S just 20 years ago ooooo. Just f iing 20 years.
But let's be honest that law enacted by Uganda is inhuman and ai believe that's why the response is this severe too,other countries that merely rejected same sex marriage are not under such pressure. How do you sentence people to death because they are gay doesn't make any sense to me at all

1 Like

Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 09, 2023
grin grin grin
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 09, 2023
Good. go collect money from China. Niger deserves worse. Maybe the military will give you loan ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Hermes119: 4:53pm On Aug 09, 2023
PepeXKermit:
And you think say that gay thing dey normal? Lol. World bank no wan give loan because of anti gay policy and you will think they have humanity's vest interest at heart.
World bank say dem no go give loan to country wey say dem go begin kill homosexual people ; "they don't have humanity's vested interest"
Na Uganda way wan kill homosexual people be beacon of humanity?
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Sprints3: 4:54pm On Aug 09, 2023
Raalsalghul:

See this one!

Confident beggar!

Nonsense Braggadocio!

Talking about how we can go beg Saudi, Russia or China for money as alternatives. Or is your skon skon head not telling you that those ones too might come up with their own terms and conditions too which might be unfavourable

Beggars have no choice and rather than confidently bragging about your begging options, we should be looking at self- reliance.

Jeez!

Which kind race be this? cheesy
their own go better pass America own what has your stupid britico colonizers don for us. Did these aforementioned colonize anybody tell me one person they colonized. Una better be wise.
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by arimahoseloka(m): 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2023
That's is Satan speaking. He's agenda is clear. He will fail
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:58pm On Aug 09, 2023
Mckandre:
is it from the western controlled blogs and news outlets? dey there wait, the sooner break off from western shackles the better,ask your this,does the west mean well for u when they force their agenda down your even you're choking to death?
Counter my opinion with facts and explain to me what benefit and value BRICS has or can bring but no the only thing in your head is Western media because you don't even know what BRICS has to offer thereby alluding to my point.

You ended up saying nothing. Just read talking points on Twitter no substance no quantity/quality to back it up.
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Mckandre(m): 5:01pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ladyhippolyta88:

Counter my opinion with facts and explain to me what benefit and value BRICS has or can bring but no the only thing in your head is Western media because you don't even know what BRICS has to offer thereby alluding to my point.

You ended up saying nothing. Just read talking points on Twitter no substance no quantity/quality to back it up.
i asked u question but to further buttress my claims but u left it. However,u keep asking about brics agenda having told me u can read and understand news,u can aswell read about BRICS on your search on quality news,its all over the net

1 Like

Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Codes151(m): 5:03pm On Aug 09, 2023
Fuckoff with your loans.
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 09, 2023
All the loans African countries has been getting, what have we been using them for?
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by CodeTemplar: 5:08pm On Aug 09, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
World bank is mad, you call yourself 'world bank' yet can't respect individual nation differences
Can they do this with Islamic nations?

I blame the lazy Africans waiting for aid. There is a reason why children of beggars always end up being molested. They are vulnerable to accepting harsh proposals when hungry.
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by ozo13(m): 5:09pm On Aug 09, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Keep your money, we'll keep our dignity.
This pro-gay agenda will never fly in Africa.
I think this is the best time to join hands with China and Russia and stop all this madness.why will they deny a country loan just because they said no to homosexuality.
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by NOwazobia: 5:10pm On Aug 09, 2023
Good news.

It will only make the country look inward and self contented, or look for a viable alternative.

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by ReacherSaidNoth: 5:10pm On Aug 09, 2023
The price of dependence is slavery. If African countries don't want to be dictated to then they should become self-reliant. The World Bank can't pull this stunt with the Arabs.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by kizxaxa: 5:13pm On Aug 09, 2023
African leaders can't reject corruption, as they do gay rights.
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Exceed15: 5:13pm On Aug 09, 2023
On this one I stand with Uganda. They shouldn't push it to our throat.
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:22pm On Aug 09, 2023
Mckandre:
i asked u question but to further buttress my claims but u left it. However,u keep asking about brics agenda having told me u can read and understand news,u can aswell read about BRICS on your search on quality news,its all over the net
Guy keep quiet.
I told you that BRICS is not a serious organisation gave you a reason because countries that don't have much value or hold power are on it and cannot do much. You could not counter this but instead pivoted to western media because you are clueless on the issue.
I read about BRICS and knows its a joke that is why I gave an opinion in the first place but how would you know this? You think I just give opinions without facts like you?
Leave my mentions biko.
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Nolevel666: 5:24pm On Aug 09, 2023
Dawn91:
The Satanists are pushing their agenda...

Uganda stand strong โœŠ

A freedom fighter never gives up ...

Won't you help me sing... This song of freedom.

๐Ÿ˜Ž
Keep Satanism out of this fool

Satanism has nothing to do with forcing someone against their sexual belief whatsoever.

If they donโ€™t want gays in their countries, itโ€™s no oneโ€™s business.
What the world bank should have done is create asylum programs for such people in the west, not blocking the country for their own laws.
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by InvertedHammer: 5:36pm On Aug 09, 2023
/

Why is Uganda approaching World Bank for loans in the first place?

I thought African countries have channelled their energy towards China and Russia.

/
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Advancedman(m): 5:42pm On Aug 09, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
World bank is mad, you call yourself 'world bank' yet can't respect individual nation differences

Isn't that discrimination or the term world to them is mono/dictatorship organisation?
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Hermes119: 5:44pm On Aug 09, 2023
Everyone is criticizing the West and world bank for "forcing" their value on Africans but no one criticizes the African countries themselves for forcing the so called values of the majority on the minority(gays) to the point of killing them as the new law portends.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Flamemignon1(m): 5:53pm On Aug 09, 2023
contigiency:
Useless antichrist. I have always known that you guys representing; America, Israel, France and UK are the worst human beings the earth has ever inhabited. That's why I keep saying that if you remove, America, Israel, France and UK, sanity and morality will return to the world.
Who brought the concept of the antichrist to you? This comment section just shows a lot of you Africans are still living under the shackles of white supremacy
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Flamemignon1(m): 5:55pm On Aug 09, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
Killing people because you don't agree with them isn't a individual difference but how will you understand? You don't know what we go through,your move is kill them on sight

1 Like

Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Flamemignon1(m): 5:57pm On Aug 09, 2023
Prechgold1180:
Stupid people
China and Russia banks would start giving out massive loans

Biden and Gay crased Americans can go to hell

What a dumb statement!!! From one master to another one,how about we hold the idiots in power accountable and make this continent a proud one

1 Like

Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Flamemignon1(m): 5:58pm On Aug 09, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Keep your money, we'll keep our dignity.
This pro-gay agenda will never fly in Africa.
Where's the dignity when there are no people to keep it because of lack of food?

1 Like

Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Flamemignon1(m): 5:58pm On Aug 09, 2023
Curse777:
China and Russia ExIM banks are waiting
What a dumb statement!!! From one master to another one,how about we hold the idiots in power accountable and make this continent a proud one

1 Like

Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Flamemignon1(m): 6:00pm On Aug 09, 2023
Iamzik:
Africa wake up and take your stand!
The west should keep their filthy money. We want our human dignity intact.
Lol,what human dignity? Corruption,tribalism, religious intolerance, fraud..... I'm still looking for the dignity
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Prechgold1180(m): 6:01pm On Aug 09, 2023
Flamemignon1:

What a dumb reply from a dumb troll ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

All countries do take loans
Even usa ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ still Dey take loan
The only problem with africa leaders is misappropriation and abuse

So go back and sit before u form woke

1 Like

Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Iamzik: 6:01pm On Aug 09, 2023
Flamemignon1:

Lol,what human dignity? Corruption,tribalism, religious intolerance, fraud..... I'm still looking for the dignity

Yes we like our corruption and tribalism
Let the west keep their homosexlity. Is it by force?

1 Like

Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Flamemignon1(m): 6:03pm On Aug 09, 2023
Prechgold1180:

What a dumb reply from a dumb troll ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

All countries do take loans
Even usa ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ still Dey take loan
The only problem with africa leaders is misappropriation and abuse

So go back and sit before u form woke
Correction: all countries take loans but no country's lifeline is based on loans

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Anderson Cooper Admits That He's Gay / Ukraine: Russia Must Not Win, We Will Send Ground Troops If Necessary - Macron / Liberia Presidential Run-off: Opposition's Boakai Maintains Slim Lead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.