Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,068 members, 7,810,999 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge (25078 Views)

People Scoop Fuel As Truck, Four Vehicles Collide In Lagos / Two Tankers Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Cars, Buses On Fire (video) / Trailer And Fuel Tanker Collide On Suleja-Minna Road (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 09, 2023
Two yet-to-be-identified persons have died in a crash that injured no fewer than five persons on Eko Bridge in Lagos State.

The Director, Public Affairs and Enlightenment Department, Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, Taofiq Adebayo, who confirmed the development in a statement on Wednesday, said the crash involved six private vehicles including a fully loaded ‘MAC’ truck with number plate T-1501 LA.

He said, “Operatives of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority with other emergency responders today carried out an emergency operation at the scene of a fatal accident on Eko Bridge inward the Alaka area of the state.

“LASTMA Akinde Olusola ‘Zebra’ (Zone 3 Iponri) who led the rescue team confirmed that the accident recorded two deaths, with five others seriously injured.

“He confirmed further that the fatal accident involved six private vehicles including a fully loaded ‘MAC’ truck with number plate (T-1501 LA).”

According to Adebayo, a preliminary investigation revealed that the loaded ‘MAC’ truck, while on top speed, collided with five other private vehicles, including a commercial minibus as a result of brake failure.

He added that the five rescued accident victims and two dead bodies were immediately taken to a nearby general hospital with an ambulance belonging to the LASEMA Response Unit.

Adebayo said, “Those six vehicles involved in the fatal accident include a fully loaded truck (T-150 IL), Lexus Jeep (LSP 795 EW), Toyota Camry (AKD 606 HH), Toyota (LND 217 GX), mini-bus (FKJ 77 YG and (LSR 952 HZ).

“The General Manager of LASTMA, Bolaji Oreagba, cautioned motorists especially truck drivers to always ensure their vehicles are in good condition before embarking on any journey across the state.

“While maintaining that the agency would not relent in enlightening motorists, particularly commercial bus drivers on inherent dangers involved in overspeeding, he, however, sent his condolences to families of the deceased.”

He added that other emergency responders at the scene of the accident included the LASEMA Response Unit, the Federal Road Safety Corps, and policemen from the Iponri Divisional Police Station.

https://punchng.com/two-die-five-injured-as-vehicles-collide-on-lagos-bridge/

Re: Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 09, 2023
😭 RIP. We don't even know what will happen in the next minute, so let's try as much as possible to do good. Away from nairaland please try and show kindness to people around you. 😭

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by Hezzyluv: 6:20pm On Aug 09, 2023
Chai...

RIP to the deaths.
I guess these people bidtheir loved ones farewell before they left their homes. But sadly, the end has come for em.

Just like Olympic medal, death would hang our neck like necklace sooner or later. And each time I remember this, what's the meaning of life popsup.

Just, follow peace with all men.

2 Likes

Re: Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by Franzinni: 6:22pm On Aug 09, 2023
Inside this hardship God!!! To still come dey bury people join ... It's really sad for Nigeria we are all clinging to hope like those nigerians that escaped to Brazil on a ships rudder

1 Like

Re: Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by decatalyst(m): 6:27pm On Aug 09, 2023
Wtf!

See a whole strong bus shredded like paper😫

May the Lord console the families and friends of the deceased.

If you go out and come back home in one piece, you don't know the greatness of the grace you enjoy.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by youngrichnigga: 6:35pm On Aug 09, 2023
This is horrendous, EKO bridge should have a maximum speed limit of between 50-60km/h because it's too narrow and required urgent turnaround maintenance or a 2nd Eko bridge. I always laugh when I see people speeding recklessly on the bridge without care undecided undecided undecided undecided

7 Likes

Re: Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by Wealthoptulent(m): 11:15pm On Aug 09, 2023
Rip
Re: Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by uvie66: 12:21am On Aug 10, 2023
youngrichnigga:
This is horrendous, EKO bridge should have a maximum speed limit of between 50-60km/h because it's too narrow and required urgent turnaround maintenance or a 2nd Eko bridge. I always laugh when I see people speeding recklessly on the bridge without care undecided undecided undecided undecided
... with the number of irresponsible drivers in Lagos who is going to respect maximum speed, the only deterrence is a physically road hump. I drive both in Lagos and London, most drivers in Lagos are selfish, inconsiderate and reckless compared to London drivers. When deaths like this happens through driving I am not surprised.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by AImiron: 2:20pm On Aug 10, 2023
RIP
Re: Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by Kaido: 2:21pm On Aug 10, 2023
Reckless driving.

RIP to them.

1 Like

Re: Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by Emma1Oj(m): 2:22pm On Aug 10, 2023
This is serious. C as motor scatter. This is what they called " Painful death"

May their Souls RIP!!
Re: Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by JayDaily2: 2:22pm On Aug 10, 2023
Rip to the dead and quick healing to the injured.
Re: Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by FutureIsFemale(f): 2:23pm On Aug 10, 2023

1 Like

Re: Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by kokoBoii: 2:23pm On Aug 10, 2023
These are the kind of news I like to read, nice one OP...
Re: Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by Ara21(f): 2:23pm On Aug 10, 2023
RIP to them, this life, and they woke up strong this morning. May God have mercy on them.

1 Like

Re: Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by Jsucre(m): 2:23pm On Aug 10, 2023
IconicR:
😭 RIP. We don't even know what will happen in the next minute, so let's try as much as possible to do good. Away from nairaland please try and show kindness to people around you. 😭
[color=#770077][/color]nice
Re: Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by Chibuzoripob: 2:23pm On Aug 10, 2023
sad
Re: Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by mbahdi(m): 2:23pm On Aug 10, 2023
Rip.. tinubu effects
Re: Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by Chetas81(m): 2:24pm On Aug 10, 2023
ZOMBIE DRIVER'S EVERYWHERE IN LAGOS
Re: Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by Negroid001(m): 2:24pm On Aug 10, 2023
IconicR:
Are you scared of death?
Re: Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 10, 2023
Negroid001:

Are you scared of death?
Who doesn't?
Re: Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by YourGFsnatcher: 2:25pm On Aug 10, 2023
RIP. They didn't know they ll die today
Re: Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by Sleekfingers: 2:25pm On Aug 10, 2023
So sad
Re: Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by kereman1: 2:27pm On Aug 10, 2023
Automobile is said to be man's greatest invention, but after atomic bomb, it has the 2nd highest death toll.
Re: Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by vivalavida(m): 2:27pm On Aug 10, 2023
Those iron rails bus drivers put at the back of their bus pulled out my bumper this morning. I have been angry since. Seeing this and the level of damage just showed me some people have had it worse. In all things, give glory to God.

5 Likes

Re: Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by DSC7: 2:27pm On Aug 10, 2023
Chaiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...

Rip to the dead and quick recoverry to the injured.....

Ps see as this thread dry because e no happen for Anambra or SE....
Re: Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by Negroid001(m): 2:27pm On Aug 10, 2023
IconicR:
Who doesn't?
I aint.
Re: Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by Igbokwechika101(m): 2:27pm On Aug 10, 2023
God have mercy 😥
Re: Two Die, Five Injured As Vehicles Collide On Lagos Bridge by scoobyblogspot(m): 2:27pm On Aug 10, 2023

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State / "This Video Depicts The Daily Lagos Life. 2 Different Fights In 1 Minute" / Photos Of Train Crash Recovery In Osogbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.