Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,991 members, 7,821,459 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni (893 Views)

TETFund Gives N12bn Grant To 12 Universities To Pioneer Researches / Gifted Hand Science Tutorials Producing The Highest Jamb Scores / 12 Universities To Choose If From You Want To Study Computer Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by LegendHero(m): 7:14pm On Aug 09, 2023
Below is the list of the top 12 universities in Africa that has produced the highest number of startup alumni.

—University of Cape Town: 74

—The American University in Cairo: 40

—University of Oxford: 39

—Obafemi Awolowo University: 36

—Stanford University: 35

—Harvard University: 25

—Cairo University: 24

—MIT: 21

—Columbia University: 19

—University of Lagos: 19

—Imperial College London: 18

—INSEAD: 18

Source: Africa the big deal
https://thebigdeal.substack.com/

2 Likes

Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by DenreleDave(m): 7:14pm On Aug 09, 2023
Nice one..... Awolowo investment in south west never failed for a second..

Even other states indigene have benefited from it...

Right from UI, Oua, Unilag and co....

God bless Awolowo

10 Likes

Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by LegendHero(m): 7:15pm On Aug 09, 2023
Some useful data.

—Nigeria raised the highest equity funding by startups in Africa between June 2021 to June 2022.

—Most of Nigeria startup founders schooled abroad especially in USA and Europe.

—Fintech has the largest share in startup funding.

3 Likes

Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by FreeStuffsNG: 7:17pm On Aug 09, 2023
LegendHero:
Below is the list of the top 12 universities in Africa that has produced the highest number of startup alumni.

Quite interesting. Thank you for sharing this info OP

4 Likes

Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by waynetee(m): 7:21pm On Aug 09, 2023
Great Ife ✊

Proud to be an alumni of Oba Awon University !

1 Like

Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by LegendHero(m): 7:23pm On Aug 09, 2023
waynetee:
Great Ife ✊

Oba Awon University.

I no come know why UNILAG got more than UI.

It seems OAU remain the best university in this country.

3 Likes

Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by Beremx(f): 7:27pm On Aug 09, 2023
University of Ibadan should have replaced UNILAG. The school I wished I attended only to end up in a state university.
Chai!! JAMB did me dirty angry grin

1 Like

Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by waynetee(m): 7:36pm On Aug 09, 2023
LegendHero:

Oba Awon University.

I no come know why UNILAG got more than UI.

It seems OAU remain the best university in this country.

Well I personally think UI is doing better than UNILAG too but statistics don't lie.

OAU remain number one !
Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by DevilishMan: 7:36pm On Aug 09, 2023
LegendHero:

Obafemi Awolowo University: 36

Nnamdi Azikiwe University 36
University of No Man 19

1 Like

Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by Armaggedon: 7:41pm On Aug 09, 2023
Superstory
Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by decatalyst(m): 7:47pm On Aug 09, 2023
Interesting read.

I hope the numerous universities can focus on moulding individuals to attain their full potentials.
Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by LegendHero(m): 8:01pm On Aug 09, 2023
Beremx:
University of Ibadan should have replaced UNILAG. The school I wished I attended only to end up in a state university.
Chai!! JAMB did me dirty angry grin

I don’t like University of Ibadan back then because I’m from Ibadan and I want to go to a university that is far away from home (Ibadan) .

That’s why I no go UI.
Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by DenreleDave(m): 8:13pm On Aug 09, 2023
Armaggedon:
Superstory
it won't make sense to you bcox this is not bb naija
Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by DenreleDave(m): 8:14pm On Aug 09, 2023
LegendHero:

I don’t like University of Ibadan back then because I’m from Ibadan and I want to go to a university that is far away from home (Ibadan) .

That’s why I no go UI.

If money dey, i would love to do my MSc in ibadan or Unilag.....

May God bless us

1 Like

Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by Beremx(f): 8:20pm On Aug 09, 2023
LegendHero:

That’s why I no go UI.
it's not in the current security situation of Nigeria that you would want to attend a university far from your state.
UI had always been my favorite being a prestigious institution and my intention was to study petro-chemical engineering. At least the distance wasn't far from Lagos. I too like the school
Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by DeLaRue: 8:29pm On Aug 09, 2023
When I was at Ife, we genuinely believed we were the best in the country. We were unbeatable...well, almost.

We come reach law school, na one guy from University of Ekpoma come be the only first class for our year.

Shuuu..! Ekpoma ke.

OAU guys left law school with our tails between our legs.

Attending OAU was a special privilege. Nothing beats it.

1 Like

Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by LegendHero(m): 8:30pm On Aug 09, 2023
Beremx:
it's not in the current security situation of Nigeria that you would want to attend a university far from your state.
UI had always been my favorite being a prestigious institution and my intention was to study petro-chemical engineering. At least the distance wasn't far from Lagos. I too like the school

I don’t think security situation in Nigeria affect intra-region universities.

Someone from Oyo will still be safe to attend any university in the SW.
Someone from Anambra will still be safe to attend any university in the SE.

Yeah, UI na one kind great school and Petro-chemical na nice course. Na Geology me I eventually study for undergrad shar.

1 Like

Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by LegendHero(m): 8:35pm On Aug 09, 2023
DenreleDave:

If money dey, i would love to do my MSc in ibadan or Unilag.....

May God bless us

I think It depends on what a master degree in UI/UNILAG will do for you that an undergrad degree won’t do. Well depend on course tho.

Personally, I’ll advise a person rather just do a professional course with his undergrad if he working in a good place before or instead just apply for USA master degree.

With a GPA of 3.0/4.0 above, you can easily get admission with some funding on your I-20 for USA.
Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by Ola9ja23: 8:47pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ndi drug peddlers where are thoug .

Yet they call SW brown roof
Broow roof that are making Nigeria proud while the drug money houses they built can't reflex in the scheme of international development

1 Like

Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by Balogunodua(m): 8:48pm On Aug 09, 2023
LegendHero:

OAU be representing since BC...chai I wish I did great Ife, instead of BUK.

2 Likes

Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by JohnnA1: 8:53pm On Aug 09, 2023
WEST SIDE, the best side!

Glory to Eledumare!

More to come...

2 Likes

Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by Ola9ja23: 8:54pm On Aug 09, 2023
Armaggedon:
Superstory

This is not a statistics report about most deadliest terrorists in Africa

Go and rest

1 Like

Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by JohnnA1: 8:57pm On Aug 09, 2023
LegendHero:

I don’t think security situation in Nigeria affect intra-region universities.

Someone from Oyo will still be safe to attend any university in the SW.
Someone from Anambra will still be safe to attend any university in the SE.

Better this way, we can't continue to harbour enemies within who continue to spite our benevolence in our faces.

Let everyone school in their regions.

1 Like

Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by DenreleDave(m): 9:21pm On Aug 09, 2023
LegendHero:

I think It depends on what a master degree in UI/UNILAG will do for you that an undergrad degree won’t do. Well depend on course tho.

Personally, I’ll advise a person rather just do a professional course with his undergrad if he working in a good place before or instead just apply for USA master degree.

With a GPA of 3.0/4.0 above, you can easily get admission with some funding on your I-20 for USA.

MSc in Finance

To process USA, na money...

I'm looking at Ican too but na sha money
Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by DenreleDave(m): 9:22pm On Aug 09, 2023
Balogunodua:

OAU be representing since BC...chai I wish I did great Ife, instead of BUK.

I finished from Buk too

1 Like

Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by ahzNigeria: 12:17pm On Aug 10, 2023
Join the flight to study in the UK, many universities are now opened for admissions for the January 2024 intake. Get FREE counselling and total support from us. https://ahzassociates.co.uk/uk-university-courses-starts-in-january
Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by Balogunodua(m): 2:03pm On Aug 10, 2023
DenreleDave:

I finished from Buk too

Really! What year?
Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by DenreleDave(m): 2:08pm On Aug 10, 2023
Balogunodua:

Really! What year?

1 Like

Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by Balogunodua(m): 3:27pm On Aug 10, 2023
DenreleDave:

That's great...mine was 2009
Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by DenreleDave(m): 3:59pm On Aug 10, 2023
wow.. respect sir
Balogunodua:

That's great...mine was 2009

1 Like

Re: Top 12 Universities In Africa Producing The Highest Number Of Startup Alumni by christejames(m): 4:35pm On Aug 10, 2023
Commendable! cool

But wetin University of Oxford dey do there undecided?

(1) (Reply)

My Friend's 15 Year Old Son Blasts WAEC, JAMB And SAT. See Photos / Magazine Publication / Jamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.