Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,102 members, 7,835,717 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

What Do You Think Pastor Kumuyi Needs To Change In Deeper Life? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Think Pastor Kumuyi Needs To Change In Deeper Life? (847 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Worships At Dunamis 100,000 Seater Auditorium / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned / Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Pastor Kumuyi Needs To Change In Deeper Life? by immortalcrown(m): 8:18am On Aug 12, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
Improvement means to make an existing situation better while innovation means introduction of new things.
Improvement: Adjust the strict rules guiding the association of men and women. Those rules are useless because they do not prevent the members from committing sins. Most of the women you ban from wearing trousers obey your rules only when going to Church or visiting pastors and Church members. They wear trousers to every other place they go. Give members the right guidelines and freedom for courtship. Most of the people I know who got married with strict adherence to Deeper Life Church marriage doctrines are very sad in the marriage. An average member of Deeper Life Church believes that being jovial to an opposite sex is seductive. They squeeze faces in the presence of opposite sex.

One man cancelled his wedding after printing wedding card and buying wedding clothes for everyone involved. It happened because their Deeper Life pastor gave him and intended wife marriage counseling and fixed the wedding date before telling the bride and groom to go for genotype and blood group tests. The man and the lady never knew their genotypes and blood groups before then because they grew up in Deeper Life Church and considered almost every medical attention worldly or sinful. They believed that falling sick or going to a hospital when sick is a sign of lack of faith.

If you have the willingness to please God, you can do it without any man-made rule. If you lack the willingness for holiness, you will swim in sin either openly or secretly, not minding any existing rule.

Innovation: I don't know anything to suggest because the Church has already embraced the technologies it condemned in the past. The Church is now on satellite, owns a website and allows members to watch TV.
Re: What Do You Think Pastor Kumuyi Needs To Change In Deeper Life? by FreedomfromtheT: 10:22am On Aug 12, 2023
immortalcrown:
Improvement: Adjust the strict rules guiding the association of men and women. Those rules are useless because they do not prevent the members from committing sins. Most of the women you ban from wearing trousers obey your rules only when going to Church or visiting pastors and Church members. They wear trousers to every other place they go. Give members the right guidelines and freedom for courtship. Most of the people I know who got married with strict adherence to Deeper Life Church marriage doctrines are very sad in the marriage. An average member of Deeper Life Church believes that being jovial to an opposite sex is seductive. They squeeze faces in the presence of opposite sex.

One man cancelled his wedding after printing wedding card and buying wedding clothes for everyone involved. It happened because their Deeper Life pastor gave him and intended wife marriage counseling and fixed the wedding date before telling the bride and groom to go for genotype and blood group tests. The man and the lady never knew their genotypes and blood groups before then because they grew up in Deeper Life Church and considered almost every medical attention worldly or sinful. They believed that falling sick or going to a hospital when sick is a sign of lack of faith.

If you have the willingness to please God, you can do it without any man-made rule. If you lack the willingness for holiness, you will swim in sin either openly or secretly, not minding any existing rule.

Innovation: I don't know anything to suggest because the Church has already embraced the technologies it condemned in the past. The Church is now on satellite, owns a website and allows members to watch TV.
Firstly, I am not aware of any Deeper Life rule guiding the affairs of men and women other than those in the Bible.
Secondly, I am not aware of any Deeper Life member who was banned for wearing trousers. The Church, including Deeper Life Bible Church is like a hospital for the sick to become well so all are to continue coming until they Lord does His work in their lives. They can even wear their trousers to Church service.
Thirdly, I know about my own marriage. My wife and I wedded in Deeper Life Bible Church and we are very happy and I believe most others are.
One must be a jobless busybody to be monitoring many Deeper Life members' marriages to know how happy or sad they are.
If at all any couple who wedded in any Church are not happy, perhaps they didn't pray well for for God's leading, did something wrong or it is simply their own trial of their own faith which will soon be over.
My wife and I did medical tests to know our genotype and blood groups before wedding which is a normal practice in Deeper Life for decades so I don't know about your called man and his 'Deeper Life pastor'. Perhaps there is more to the cancellation of their proposed wedding than you know. All the same, a broken courtship is better than a broken marriage.
My family have been receiving medical attention and I know many Deeper Life members who do.
Never at any time has any pastor or leader in Deeper Life Bible Church taught or insinuated that receiving medical attention or treatment is sinful or worldly as you falsely claim.
I am a brother, a married one at that. I do openly relate with, discuss and laugh with female members of the Church. I also know many others including unmarried ones who do.
All these your propaganda cannot stop people from coming to and joining Deeper Life Bible Church.
I for one heard do much rubbish said against Deeper Life Bible Church but it didn't stop me from becoming a member.
Thank you.
Re: What Do You Think Pastor Kumuyi Needs To Change In Deeper Life? by immortalcrown(m): 2:23pm On Aug 12, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
Firstly, I am not aware of any Deeper Life rule guiding the affairs of men and women other than those in the Bible.
Secondly, I am not aware of any Deeper Life member who was banned for wearing trousers. The Church, including Deeper Life Bible Church is like a hospital for the sick to become well so all are to continue coming until they Lord does His work in their lives. They can even wear their trousers to Church service.
Thirdly, I know about my own marriage. My wife and I wedded in Deeper Life Bible Church and we are very happy and I believe most others are.
One must be a jobless busybody to be monitoring many Deeper Life members' marriages to know how happy or sad they are.
If at all any couple who wedded in any Church are not happy, perhaps they didn't pray well for for God's leading, did something wrong or it is simply their own trial of their own faith which will soon be over.
My wife and I did medical tests to know our genotype and blood groups before wedding which is a normal practice in Deeper Life for decades so I don't know about your called man and his 'Deeper Life pastor'. Perhaps there is more to the cancellation of their proposed wedding than you know. All the same, a broken courtship is better than a broken marriage.
My family have been receiving medical attention and I know many Deeper Life members who do.
Never at any time has any pastor or leader in Deeper Life Bible Church taught or insinuated that receiving medical attention or treatment is sinful or worldly as you falsely claim.
I am a brother, a married one at that. I do openly relate with, discuss and laugh with female members of the Church. I also know many others including unmarried ones who do.
All these your propaganda cannot stop people from coming to and joining Deeper Life Bible Church.
I for one heard do much rubbish said against Deeper Life Bible Church but it didn't stop me from becoming a member.
Thank you.
Maybe the pastors in some branches overdo things. The man's case, the lady was not allowed to visit him alone. She must be accompanied by other female members of the same parish. Bros, trousers were not allowed for them, according to the members. I didn't formulate the things I said.
Re: What Do You Think Pastor Kumuyi Needs To Change In Deeper Life? by FreedomfromtheT: 7:32pm On Aug 12, 2023
immortalcrown:
Maybe the pastors in some branches overdo things. The man's case, the lady was not allowed to visit him alone. She must be accompanied by other female members of the same parish. Bros, trousers were not allowed for them, according to the members. I didn't formulate the things I said.
If any pastor overdoes things, I think it is mischievous to blame Deeper Life Bible Church for such except the Church leadership especially the General Superintendent is aware and approves of it.
I don't know how it is wrong to ask that a female member accompany a sister while visiting her fiancee.
It is not just because of the brother and sister in courtship.
People like you are fond of accusing Deeper Life members falsely. Once people see an unmarried brother and sister coming out from the same room, they are quick to draw their conclusion that they must have committed immorality. We don't want to give you such opportunity.
As for trousers, we believe a true Christian lady should not put it on. However, we cannot stop sinners who are in need of salvation from coming to hear the word of God because of trousers.
Re: What Do You Think Pastor Kumuyi Needs To Change In Deeper Life? by immortalcrown(m): 7:35pm On Aug 12, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
If any pastor overdoes things, I think it is mischievous to blame Deeper Life Bible Church for such except the Church leadership especially the General Superintendent is aware and approves of it.
I don't know how it is wrong to ask that a female member accompany a sister while visiting her fiancee.
It is not just because of the brother and sister in courtship.
People like you are fond of accusing Deeper Life members falsely. Once people see an unmarried brother and sister coming out from the same room, they are quick to draw their conclusion that they must have committed immorality. We don't want to give you such opportunity.
As for trousers, we believe a true Christian lady should not put it on. However, we cannot stop sinners who are in need of salvation from coming to hear the word of God because of trousers.
Nothing is mischievous in my comment.

I am not a member of the Church to confirm that what some of the Church pastors do is against the doctrines of the Church. I just said what I witnessed in the lives of some of the members. You should even be glad I revealed to you what some pastors do in some of your parishes.

I didn't say those things to condemn the Church. I said those things in my suggestion as you solicited. How can you insinuate my comment is mischievous when my intention is good and you are the one who asked for my opinion?

You are obviously bitter. At first , you wanted to attack me because I plainly asked you to clarify your intended meaning of some sentences you made in the post. Now, you sound as if I condemned the Church or as if you have ever come across my comments against the Church on other posts.

If you think I defamed your Church, sue me and I will mention the parish and the victims of the cancelled marriage.
Re: What Do You Think Pastor Kumuyi Needs To Change In Deeper Life? by FreedomfromtheT: 7:45pm On Aug 12, 2023
immortalcrown:
Nothing is mischievous in my comment.

I am not a member of the Church to confirm that what some of the Church pastors do is against the doctrines of the Church. I just said what I witnessed in the lives of some of the members.

I didn't say those things to condemn the Church. I said those things in my suggestion as you solicited. How can you insinuate my comment is mischievous when my intention is good and you are the one who asked for my opinion?
Ok. Let me give you the benefit of doubt that you are not being mischievous like some other critics of Deeper Life.
Go through your comments again.
You didn't really make suggestions sir.
You were rather criticizing Deeper Life based on perhaps jealousy, ignorance, prejudice or hearsay.
Re: What Do You Think Pastor Kumuyi Needs To Change In Deeper Life? by immortalcrown(m): 7:57pm On Aug 12, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
Ok. Let me give you the benefit of doubt that you are not being mischievous like some other critics of Deeper Life.
Go through your comments again.
You didn't really make suggestions sir.
You were rather criticizing Deeper Life based on perhaps jealousy, ignorance, prejudice or hearsay.
Let me give you a friendly advice. Learn to use your brain rather than your emotions when you read comments. I said your Church should change some things. I then gave a detailed report on what I witnessed in the lives of some of your Church members. I didn't say your Church is evil. I didn't say your Church is nonsense. I plainly said many of your Church members violate what I know as your Church doctrines. I didn't even say it is all the members of your Church that are guilty of those things.
What exactly is your problem? Aren't you the one who asked for suggestions on what should be improved in your Church? What kind of suggestions do you expect? Do you expect I tell you the Church should upgrade architectural designs of the Church buildings and change their models of sound system? Okay, rephrase my main comment, in which I said those things, to teach me how I should have written the comment.
Re: What Do You Think Pastor Kumuyi Needs To Change In Deeper Life? by FreedomfromtheT: 8:27pm On Aug 12, 2023
immortalcrown:
Let me give you a friendly advice. Learn to use your brain rather than your emotions when you read comments. I said your Church should change some things. I then gave a detailed report on what I witnessed in the lives of some of your Church members. I didn't say your Church is evil. I didn't say your Church is nonsense. I plainly said many of your Church members violate what I know as your Church doctrines. I didn't even say it is all the members of your Church that are guilty of those things.
What exactly is your problem? Aren't you the one who asked for suggestions on what should be improved in your Church? What kind of suggestions do you expect? Do you expect I tell you the Church should upgrade architectural designs of the Church buildings and change their models of sound system? Okay, rephrase my main comment, in which I said those things, to teach me how I should have written the comment.
I think you are the one being emotional here.
If you are commenting on what you supposedly witnessed in the lives of some members of Deeper Life Bible Church, I am sorry to say that it means you lack basic comprehension.
The thread is on what PASTOR KUMUYI NEEDS TO IMPROVE ON OR THE INNOVATIONS HE NEEDS TO INTRODUCE as the Deeper Christian Life Ministry clocks 50.
This is the problem when one comments based on stereotype.
I don't think pastor Kumuyi knows those real or imaginary members. He is doing his own from the pulpit.
You are the one who knows those members if at all your story is not mere fiction.
You should rather talk to them instead of trying to castigate the whole Church.
Thank you.
Re: What Do You Think Pastor Kumuyi Needs To Change In Deeper Life? by paxonel(m): 10:46pm On Aug 12, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
The Deeper Christian Life Ministry popularly known as the Deeper Life Bible Church, the ministry founded by the revered pastor William Kumuyi in 1973 is 50 years this month of August, 2023.
This church has really come of age.
As a Christian, in which areas do you honestly think this church needs to improve on and which areas need innovations?
Thanks.
The major setbacks of the church are specifically the members, especially the old members who have been there since since, who had experienced the primitive laws and dogmas of the church and will see anything new as sacrilege.

As for the man kumuyi, he has moved on to become young in his heart since and will want to imbibe something new so long it is positive
Re: What Do You Think Pastor Kumuyi Needs To Change In Deeper Life? by FreedomfromtheT: 3:32pm On Aug 13, 2023
paxonel:

The major setbacks of the church are specifically the members, especially the old members who have been there since since, who had experienced the primitive laws and dogmas of the church and will see anything new as sacrilege.

As for the man kumuyi, he has moved on to become young in his heart since and will want to imbibe something new so long it is positive
And what one new and positive something can you suggest?
Re: What Do You Think Pastor Kumuyi Needs To Change In Deeper Life? by paxonel(m): 7:41pm On Aug 13, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
And what one new and positive something can you suggest?
suggest?

You saw what happened when kumuyi invited guest singers from other churches how these old members protested against it.
I didn't suggest that one, it was kumuyi that did it.
Re: What Do You Think Pastor Kumuyi Needs To Change In Deeper Life? by FreedomfromtheT: 8:05pm On Aug 13, 2023
paxonel:
suggest?

You saw what happened when kumuyi invited guest singers from other churches how these old members protested against it.
I didn't suggest that one, it was kumuyi that did it.
Pastor William Kumuyi is the one God used to start the ministry. Others can make suggestions or protest as you claimed, but the decision is his (as he is led).
Re: What Do You Think Pastor Kumuyi Needs To Change In Deeper Life? by paxonel(m): 2:35am On Aug 14, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
Pastor William Kumuyi is the one God used to start the ministry. Others can make suggestions or protest as you claimed, but the decision is his (as he is led).
Exactly
Re: What Do You Think Pastor Kumuyi Needs To Change In Deeper Life? by MightySparrow: 8:40am On Aug 14, 2023
More relationship with other Christians.
Re: What Do You Think Pastor Kumuyi Needs To Change In Deeper Life? by FreedomfromtheT: 3:02pm On Aug 16, 2023
MightySparrow:
More relationship with other Christians.
Good point.
I think pastor Kumuyi is currently doing well in that direction.
Thank you beloved.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Maynman, What Are Your Thoughts? / If Allah And The Christian God Fought / Keep The Sabbath Day Holy: Btw When Is The Sabbath

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.