Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,579 members, 7,837,187 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

A Reminder To Obidient (history ) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Reminder To Obidient (history ) (688 Views)

Please Do Not Donate To Obidient Team To Pursue Court Cases / New Year Celebration Turned To Obidient Rally In Plateau State / We Are Loyal To Obidient Movement Not Labour Party- Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Reminder To Obidient (history ) by fuckJones(f): 7:27am On Aug 10, 2023
In 1993, some morons was promised that, Abacha will seize power, rule for 3 months and handover to Chief MKO Abiola, the presumed Winner of June 12, 1993 Presidential Election.

As soon as Gen Abacha seized power, he invited late Oba Sijuade, the Oni of Ife, and many other prominent traditional rulers to Aso Rock for a meeting, after their close door meeting, the Oba addressed Nigerians and said I think the man is making sense, let’s give him a chance.
Thereafter, Abacha invited Chief MKO Abiola and other Pro Democracy Groups, President BAT was on that entourage.

No one expected what was coming, after few weeks of taking over power, Abacha appointed Alhaji Babagana Kingibe, and Ebenezer Babatope into his cabinet.
I remember pressmen asking Alhaji Babagana Kingibe if he has abandoned Chief MKO Abiola and his their mandate, I also remembered Alhaji Babagana Kingibe replied the press, and said did I joined politics because of Chief MKO Abiola, meaning I have moved On.

I know why I am writing this post, I want to remind Obidients who weren’t born then that no sane person will trust the Military with power no matter how bad the situation may seem.

In 2007, PDP conducted the worst election in the history of Nigeria under former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Buhari won that election and the whole world knew it including EUROPEAN Union Election Monitoring.
Buhari pursued his case up till the Supreme Court, and unfortunately Chief Chuba Okadigbo his running mate was tear-gassed at Eagle Square which led to his death, heaven didn’t fall and Nigerians never invited the military to seize power.
Late Yar’adua the beneficiary of that terrible election told the whole world that the election that brought him to power was rigged, the Chief umpire of that election was Professor Maurice Iwu, an Igboman from Imo state South East Nigeria, he is still alive today.
It is easy to invite the Military to power, but extremely difficult to remove them from power.

How did the agreement between the politicians who invited Abacha to seize power ended, Chief MKO Abiola paid with his own life, I am sure they never envisaged it will end that way.
Before you mortgage your emotions inviting the military to take over power, remember that you don’t dare dine with the devil, not even with long spoon.

Let’s behave ourselves in Nigeria.

A word is enough for the wise child.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Reminder To Obidient (history ) by ANIMABIDR: 7:31am On Aug 10, 2023
Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a cocaine sniffing addict

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Reminder To Obidient (history ) by ResidentSnitch(f): 7:34am On Aug 10, 2023
Rubbish post... As senseless as it's poster.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Reminder To Obidient (history ) by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 10, 2023
Illiteracy
Re: A Reminder To Obidient (history ) by fuckJones(f): 8:01am On Aug 10, 2023
ANIMABIDR:
apart from been useless what else do you copy from your mom?

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Reminder To Obidient (history ) by fuckJones(f): 8:01am On Aug 10, 2023
Reinaldo:
Illiteracy
by their names you shall know them

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Reminder To Obidient (history ) by fuckJones(f): 8:02am On Aug 10, 2023
ANIMABIDR:
obi will never be our president

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Reminder To Obidient (history ) by Fidecoo(m): 6:28pm On Aug 12, 2023
fuckJones:
In 1993, some morons was promised that, Abacha will seize power, rule for 3 months and handover to Chief MKO Abiola, the presumed Winner of June 12, 1993 Presidential Election.

As soon as Gen Abacha seized power, he invited late Oba Sijuade, the Oni of Ife, and many other prominent traditional rulers to Aso Rock for a meeting, after their close door meeting, the Oba addressed Nigerians and said I think the man is making sense, let’s give him a chance.
Thereafter, Abacha invited Chief MKO Abiola and other Pro Democracy Groups, President BAT was on that entourage.

No one expected what was coming, after few weeks of taking over power, Abacha appointed Alhaji Babagana Kingibe, and Ebenezer Babatope into his cabinet.
I remember pressmen asking Alhaji Babagana Kingibe if he has abandoned Chief MKO Abiola and his their mandate, I also remembered Alhaji Babagana Kingibe replied the press, and said did I joined politics because of Chief MKO Abiola, meaning I have moved On.

I know why I am writing this post, I want to remind Obidients who weren’t born then that no sane person will trust the Military with power no matter how bad the situation may seem.

In 2007, PDP conducted the worst election in the history of Nigeria under former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Buhari won that election and the whole world knew it including EUROPEAN Union Election Monitoring.
Buhari pursued his case up till the Supreme Court, and unfortunately Chief Chuba Okadigbo his running mate was tear-gassed at Eagle Square which led to his death, heaven didn’t fall and Nigerians never invited the military to seize power.
Late Yar’adua the beneficiary of that terrible election told the whole world that the election that brought him to power was rigged, the Chief umpire of that election was Professor Maurice Iwu, an Igboman from Imo state South East Nigeria, he is still alive today.
It is easy to invite the Military to power, but extremely difficult to remove them from power.

How did the agreement between the politicians who invited Abacha to seize power ended, Chief MKO Abiola paid with his own life, I am sure they never envisaged it will end that way.
Before you mortgage your emotions inviting the military to take over power, remember that you don’t dare dine with the devil, not even with long spoon.

Can you compare the standard of living of then and now??

Let me highlight some of my little views:-

Then, all you just need is get qualifications and you select from available job(s)/employment.

Abacha stole money yes ,but can that be compared to today's stealing that our politicians are doing,

Then, you can count how many people stole from government purse, but today almost all our elected and rigged elected leaders are thieves.

Let me just stop here for now.
And just like I said above,
These are my personal views ooo.
And I really stand to be corrected though.

3 Likes

Re: A Reminder To Obidient (history ) by Biodun556(m): 6:35pm On Aug 12, 2023
fuckJones:

May God bless you madam. I hope there are more people like you on nairaland

Seun and his moderators should put this in the front page

8 Likes

Re: A Reminder To Obidient (history ) by Biodun556(m): 6:40pm On Aug 12, 2023
Fidecoo:

Then, all you just need is get qualifications and you select from available job(s)/employment.

Abacha stole money yes ,but can that be compared to today's stealing that our politicians are doing,

Then, you can count how many people stole from government purse, but today almost all our elected and rigged elected leaders are thieves.

Pls try and aquire more knowledge and make findings

Some people erroneously believe that Nigeria achieve nothing since 1999.

But some states are doing wonderfully well because of good governors they have been having back to back. Such opportunity is absent in a military rule because it is a unitary arrangement where one man dictates for the whole country

5 Likes

Re: A Reminder To Obidient (history ) by BossGerald: 6:42pm On Aug 12, 2023
fuckJones:

Obi keeps tormenting you while ebola is impoverishing you and your people grin

2 Likes

Re: A Reminder To Obidient (history ) by MEEVEET: 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2023
fuckJones:

Buahri won where 2007 ? Oh please

Yaradua easily won that election but yes his marine was Inflated

1 Like

Re: A Reminder To Obidient (history ) by Wainey: 7:40pm On Aug 12, 2023
Fidecoo:

do you know the origin of Abacha stove?
People couldn't afford kerosene, they cooked with saw dust, it was that bad during Abacha

4 Likes

Re: A Reminder To Obidient (history ) by Burruchaga71(m): 8:20pm On Aug 12, 2023
fuckJones:
The DRUGGIE is our temporary president nah..
Re: A Reminder To Obidient (history ) by Ofunaofu: 9:19pm On Aug 12, 2023
fuckJones:

OP, you lied at the bolded

Yes, the election of 2007 was flawed and the beneficiary of that election which was the late Yar Adua did say that the election wasn't perfect but Buhari did not win. And no foreign observer said that Buhari won that election

Note: The 2007 general election cannot be compared with the 2023 general election.
What happened in the 2023 general election was an electoral heist
Re: A Reminder To Obidient (history ) by Fidecoo(m): 3:17pm On Aug 15, 2023
Biodun556:

But some states are doing wonderfully well because of good governors they have been having back to back. Such opportunity is absent in a military rule because it is a unitary arrangement where one man dictates for the whole country

Hope you saw what action the government just took now?
Dessolving advertising agency because they approved an advert my masses
Re: A Reminder To Obidient (history ) by Fidecoo(m): 3:17pm On Aug 15, 2023
Biodun556:

Dessolving advertising agency because they approved an advert by masses
Re: A Reminder To Obidient (history ) by Biodun556(m): 4:23pm On Aug 15, 2023
Fidecoo:

Dessolving advertising agency because they approved an advert by masses

An advert that threatens judges is tantamount to mutiny

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Reminder To Obidient (history ) by BoldBrainz(m): 4:30pm On Aug 15, 2023
This regurgitation of history is tantamount to gabbage. Nigerians are suffering and that's the bottomline.
Re: A Reminder To Obidient (history ) by Fidecoo(m): 6:56pm On Aug 15, 2023
Biodun556:

An advert that threatens judges is tantamount to mutiny

Threatens judges you say,??
because they themselves knows that they are not /won't do the right thing.
If not,
Why should i feel threatened when I know I am and will be doing the right thing.
Re: A Reminder To Obidient (history ) by favor914: 8:24pm On Aug 15, 2023
Fidecoo:

Oblivious Obidient, Please Shut up.
Re: A Reminder To Obidient (history ) by favor914: 8:24pm On Aug 15, 2023
Fidecoo:

Threatens judges you say,??
because they themselves knows that they are not /won't do the right thing.
If not,
Why should i feel threatened when I know I am and will be doing the right thing.
What is the right thing, if I may ask?

1 Like

Re: A Reminder To Obidient (history ) by favor914: 8:26pm On Aug 15, 2023
Fidecoo:

Dessolving advertising agency because they approved an advert my masses
Go & report to the court, and receive a 2 years prison sentence for constituting a public nuisance.

1 Like

Re: A Reminder To Obidient (history ) by flokii: 8:29pm On Aug 15, 2023
Your plea will fall on deaf ears.. all of dem no get sense.
I'm just waiting for the day the authorities will catch one of them to use as scape goat for others to learn.

If you've observed goats well, you'll know they don't hear word till they are beaten blue black and eventually made into asun.

1 Like

Re: A Reminder To Obidient (history ) by Fidecoo(m): 3:03pm On Aug 16, 2023
favor914:
pOblivious Obidient, Please Shut up.

All, I wanted was just a new government.
Not recycled, greedy ,old ,sick, wicked and corrupt government.

Anybody I can vote ,so far he is competent and healthy.
Re: A Reminder To Obidient (history ) by Fidecoo(m): 4:09pm On Aug 16, 2023
favor914:
What is the right thing, if I may ask?

The right thing to do is to be honest and be honest in their judgement.
Re: A Reminder To Obidient (history ) by olamieseun(m): 4:29pm On Aug 16, 2023
Then who among of them is new if I may ask?
Fidecoo:

All, I wanted was just a new government.
Not recycled, greedy ,old ,sick, wicked and corrupt government.

Anybody I can vote ,so far he is competent and healthy.
Re: A Reminder To Obidient (history ) by Fidecoo(m): 1:08am On Aug 17, 2023
olamieseun:
Then who among of them is new if I may ask?

The youths and the poor masses.
We have tasted PDP,

We have tasted Apc.(installing leaders on us)

Let's atleast have something /someone new at the top(federal level).

(1) (Reply)

All Results For Tiefnubu Are All Fake!!! / Greatest Task Before Obi Is How To Keep His Restless Followers / Imagine Peter Obi Was Accused Of Forging CSU Result, This Is What APC Will Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.