Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,310 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

3 Nigerian Students In UK Face Deportation For Paying Their School Fees Late - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 3 Nigerian Students In UK Face Deportation For Paying Their School Fees Late (2235 Views)

International Student Arrested, Facing Deportation For Working Too Many Hours / 15 Cheapest Universities In Nigeria & Their School Fees 2017 / Over Unpaid Scholarships: Hundreds Of Nigerian Students Face Deportation In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Nigerian Students In UK Face Deportation For Paying Their School Fees Late by thisweekng: 10:20am On Aug 10, 2023
Three Nigerian students were removed from the enrollment list at Swansea University, UK, for paying fees late.

The students, Omolade Olaitan, Emmanuel Okohoboh, and Paulette Ojogun, paid their school fees a few hours later than expected

According to Legit.ng, they have explained to the school that their school fees came late as a result of the cash crunch that hit Nigeria earlier in 2023.

Swansea University, UK, has, however, turned deaf ears and held on to the N3.8 million (4000 pounds) school fees while asking the students to pack their bags and go home.

Swansea University ask three Nigerian students to return home[i][/i]

The deadline for the payment of fees was March 27, 2023. Omolade Olaitan, one of the students, paid her fees on March 29.

She said: “On the 29th (March) I got an email from income tuition. They confirmed my payment and they told me that because the payment didn’t come in before the deadline, they can no longer allow me to enrol and that I should pack my bags and go back to my home country.”

Student who sold parcels of land to travel to UK faces deportation for late payment of fees at Swansea University

Another student, Emmanuel Okohoboh, who got admission to start a masters degree in Business Management, is also facing deportation.

Emmanuel said two parcels of land were sold to raise his fees. His words:

“They are not fair, they are not compassionate, they are showing no signs of empathy. I had to sell my dad’s land and a piece of my own personal land to get the resources to come to Swansea University to study. Coming here and going through this situation has been mentally draining and frustrating for me.”

Paulette Ojogun, another student enrolled for a marketing management degree, also paid her fees after the deadline.
She cried profusely in a video seen on the website of ITV. Paulette lamented:

“I am happy that I am here, I am happy that I am studying, so why would you take that away from me because my school fees came in late? I’ve explained everything to them, I sent emails, and they still would not give me a listening ear.”

https://thisweekng.com/go-back-to-nigeria-3-nigerian-students-in-uk-face-deportation-for-paying-their-school-fees-hours-late/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerian Students In UK Face Deportation For Paying Their School Fees Late by Solsix(m): 10:54am On Aug 10, 2023
This is disheartening

4 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Students In UK Face Deportation For Paying Their School Fees Late by yuniben007: 11:29am On Aug 10, 2023
Japa no easy.my advice is learn tech skills b4 coming here so as to work remotely and earn money plus ur 20hrs per week hustles.if work too many hrs and u are caught dat is wahala u can face deportation.but with tech skills u work @comfort of ur hostel and deliver it online.alot of virtual jobs that while in naija u wont b allow to but here with ur gps u are good to go.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Students In UK Face Deportation For Paying Their School Fees Late by MarketDispatch: 12:09pm On Aug 10, 2023
thisweekng:
Three Nigerian students ack to my home country.” [/b]

Student who sold parcels of land to travel to UK faces deportation for late payment of fees at Swansea University

Another student, Emmanuel Okohoboh, who got admission to start a masters degree in Business Management, is also facing deportation.

Emmanuel said two parcels of land were sold to raise his fees. His words:

“They are not fair, they are not compassionate, they are showing no signs of empathy. I had to sell my dad’s land and a piece of my own personal land to get the resources to come to Swansea University to study. Coming here and going through this situation has been mentally draining and frustrating for me.”

Paulette Ojogun, another student enrolled for a marketing management degree, also paid her fees after the deadline.
She cried profusely in a video seen on the website of ITV. Paulette lamented:

“I am happear.”

That's a Country and Citizens that follow their own rules. Nothing like abeg sir, Ejoor ma, please ma, etc etc.
A lawyer may however appeal on behalf of the Students.

6 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Students In UK Face Deportation For Paying Their School Fees Late by ahzNigeria: 12:12pm On Aug 10, 2023
Quite unfortunate,

Join the flight to study in the UK, many universities are now opened for admissions for the January 2024 intake. Get FREE counselling and total support from us. https://ahzassociates.co.uk/uk-university-courses-starts-in-january
Re: 3 Nigerian Students In UK Face Deportation For Paying Their School Fees Late by TheBillyonaire: 12:32pm On Aug 10, 2023
UK and injustice on Nigeria students. Yet Africans still go to that nonsense place

7 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Students In UK Face Deportation For Paying Their School Fees Late by lightdream: 12:32pm On Aug 10, 2023
Pls help me with tech skills to be better inform biko!
yuniben007:
Japa no easy.my advice is learn tech skills b4 coming here so as to work remotely and earn money plus ur 20hrs per week hustles.if work too many hrs and u are caught dat is wahala u can face deportation.but with tech skills u work @comfort of ur hostel and deliver it online.alot of virtual jobs that while in naija u wont b allow to but here with ur gps u are good to go.
Re: 3 Nigerian Students In UK Face Deportation For Paying Their School Fees Late by JayDaily2: 1:00pm On Aug 10, 2023
thisweekng:
Three Nigerian students were removed from the enrollment list at Swansea University, UK, for paying fees late.

“I am happy that I am here, I am happy that I am studying, so why would you take that away from me because my school fees came in late? I’ve explained everything to them, I sent emails, and they still would not give me a listening ear.”

Link to content source?
Re: 3 Nigerian Students In UK Face Deportation For Paying Their School Fees Late by thisweekng: 2:18pm On Aug 10, 2023
Re: 3 Nigerian Students In UK Face Deportation For Paying Their School Fees Late by Kingray10: 4:29pm On Aug 10, 2023
The university seems too harsh

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Students In UK Face Deportation For Paying Their School Fees Late by christejames(m): 4:31pm On Aug 10, 2023
This is sad 😔

Unfortunately, UK 🇬🇧 is not Nigeria 🇳🇬 where one can easily bypass the system by bending the laws to fit them in...

Our high commissioner should intervene. Oops! I forgot, I heard the man is as incompetent as the leader in Nigeria 🇳🇬 which sent him.

I feel for the students.

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Students In UK Face Deportation For Paying Their School Fees Late by BigDawsNet: 4:39pm On Aug 10, 2023
Omo...
May God help dem win dis case...

Prospective UK students... pls pay least 75% of your fee before you fly...
Make sure your tution balance is aldo available and don't miss the deadline...

God bless u all

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Students In UK Face Deportation For Paying Their School Fees Late by sharpwriter(m): 6:01pm On Aug 10, 2023
MarketDispatch:

That's a Country and Citizens that follow their own rules. Nothing like abeg sir, Ejoor ma, please ma, etc etc.
A lawyer may however appeal on behalf of the Students.
We don hear say make dem vamoose, but why holding on to their money? Dem stil fit put this kain tin for their policy/agreement page sef. Whites are terrible scammers angry
Re: 3 Nigerian Students In UK Face Deportation For Paying Their School Fees Late by Beatswim: 6:38pm On Aug 10, 2023
yuniben007:
what tech skill can i learn to work remotely sir...be specific sir..thanks
Re: 3 Nigerian Students In UK Face Deportation For Paying Their School Fees Late by Administration1: 9:33pm On Aug 10, 2023
All thanks to CBN.
Priority should be place on Tuition fees and business deals
Re: 3 Nigerian Students In UK Face Deportation For Paying Their School Fees Late by 1Sharon(f): 10:57pm On Aug 10, 2023
Selling all your properties just to get a degree in the UK? undecided

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Students In UK Face Deportation For Paying Their School Fees Late by madone: 12:45am On Aug 11, 2023
Ate you a young lady in the UK or Europe in need of decent Nigerian guys for relationsh leading g to marriage.
Hit here
Re: 3 Nigerian Students In UK Face Deportation For Paying Their School Fees Late by Yankee101: 10:32am On Aug 11, 2023
Avoid the UK if you can
It is overrated
It’s better to go for a job offer directly than school, you’ll spend an amount that can make you very very very comfortable in nigeria and not be sure of a good job after graduation.
They’re using Nigerian graduates to clean backsides after selling everything to travel

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Students In UK Face Deportation For Paying Their School Fees Late by webizone(m): 12:05pm On Aug 11, 2023
Yankee101:
Avoid the UK if you can
It is overrated
It’s better to go for a job offer directly than school, you’ll spend an amount that can make you very very very comfortable in nigeria and not be sure of a good job after graduation.
They’re using nigeria graduates to clean backsides after selling everything to travel

Gbam! Will they hear?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Electronics And Computer Technology In University Of Calabar / Polytechnics Barred From Admitting Business, Art Students / Medicine/ Surgery Sholarship Position In Cuba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.