Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,068 members, 7,828,783 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans (35416 Views)

Peter Obi's Message To Obidients Over Attacks They Experience / PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS / Dead Farmers: Garba Shehu Reacts To Backlash Over Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by nony43(m): 5:50am On Aug 11, 2023
SIONKPO1:

Charity they say begins at Home,If South East Governors don't patronize product of their kinsmen is the FG or other DG you want to do that?

Innoson has some unmet others so they went for Toyota.
Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by Josephkabila12: 5:54am On Aug 11, 2023
Josephkabila12:
The military service commanders in Abia needed trucks for immediate take-off of the special operation and, unfortunately, Innoson had no such vehicles in stock. The government could not delay the operation as it places premium on the lives and property of all Abians.
so inoson is the only place you can buy the vehicles?? What about PROFORCE VEHICLE MANUFACTURING COMPANY and NORD MOTORS, why can't you get it there. Because these vehicle manufacturing companies are not in the southeast and the owners are not from ibo southeast. When other ethnic groups in Nigeria start their own this ibos should not complain. That's all

1 Like

Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by Kaiser20: 6:06am On Aug 11, 2023
SINCE PDP IS DEAD THE OBIDIENTS REMAINS THE ONLY RESPONSIBLE OPPOSITION TO THIS TINUBU/APC ZOMBIE GOVERNMENT.
ANY COUNTRY Without A RESPONSIBLE OPPOSITION IN GOVERNMENT THE CITIZENS SURFER

1 Like

Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by Osaremwantaelvi(m): 6:07am On Aug 11, 2023
That's nonsense, aside IVM motors, there are other manufacturing made In Nigeria vehicles, so the abia govt could get this either from Nods vehicle or JAC. My submission
Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by Newmans: 6:56am On Aug 11, 2023
I appreciate u bros for letting us know that your goverment has a listenning ear.
May God bless Ottis administration.
Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by TrumpDonald2: 6:59am On Aug 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Brilliant. I love the tone, it's polite and humble. Acts of showing respect and giving intelligent responses is alien to the LP mob

Pained disappointed soul. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Hope people are actually checking your freestuffs? You forgot to add check my signature for freestuffs πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Ewu

1 Like

Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by TrumpDonald2: 7:03am On Aug 11, 2023
Newmans:
I appreciate u bros for letting us know that your goverment has a listenning ear.
May God bless Ottis administration.

Something that Tinubu and APC's administration can never do.
Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by Tzar(m): 7:59am On Aug 11, 2023
This is a very lazy excuse. Innoson is not the only manufacturer that assembles vehicles in Nigeria. Why not order from those other brands?!
All these politicians are just the same! How many LP politicians have complained in the National Assembly when it comes to sharing positions and money they don’t deserve?!
Kingsmeal:

https://twitter.com/Nedunaija/status/1689631553536827392?t=ALlyEYsaun6pmonCOeFrGw&s=19
Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by steinalb(m): 8:05am On Aug 11, 2023
masseratti:
what's the bile there? We don't have any motor manufacturing plant or company in Nigeria, they are all assembly companies, all the vehicles Innoson "assembly" exact same motors BAIC of China "manufactures", you won't see Anamco, Anambra motor company claiming they are manufacturing their trucks but they will say assemble, it's only Innoson claiming it manufactures, that's not true in the real sense of the word manufacture.. Here is a thread by someone on Nairaland.com Evidence INNOSON Vehicles Are Made In China. Pixs. If it can guide you, why should I have bile for Innoson.. I pray I reach even a quarter of his achievements but truth must be said.

I hope you are very sure of what you are saying. Remember, Innoson can also buy the designs from China inorder to manufacture here. Not everyone has the capacity for auto designs same as in mobile phone industry.
Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by brightleave(m): 8:13am On Aug 11, 2023
Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by Freebills12: 8:16am On Aug 11, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
Napata77:
OTTI SHOULD HAVE ASKED THESE SELF RIGHTEOUS OBIDIENT BULLIES, β€œSo how many of YOU have bought and are using INNOSON vehicles? Or is it only govt that buys vehicles?”

THEIR SILENCE OF HYPOCRISY WOULD HAVE BEEN GOLDEN.

Otti is a wise man but you are not! This is what I expected from Abike but no! She talks like a market woman. Every office requires a certain decorum
Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by achimendy(m): 8:27am On Aug 11, 2023
Ogene001:
Obedient movement remain the face of democracy in Nigeria. Only backwards feudalist and monarchist hate obedient movement

Exactly.
Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by achimendy(m): 8:30am On Aug 11, 2023
Cooly100:

I remember rebuking someone last time...asking him if Abia goverment should have used Keke NAPEP till INNOSON has some...

People are too emotional in this country.

Exactly. Some Nigerians are so illogical when it comes to issues like this. Am happy the governor finally addressed all criticisms.
Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by achimendy(m): 8:36am On Aug 11, 2023
Kingsmeal:

https://twitter.com/Nedunaija/status/1689631553536827392?t=ALlyEYsaun6pmonCOeFrGw&s=19

Alex otti/LP is truly a beacon of hope. I love the swift response from them, it really shows how responsible they're. Goodluck to you sir.

We are eagerly waiting for our father Peter obi to reclaim his mandate. Nigeria will definitely rise again.
Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by pocom35: 8:51am On Aug 11, 2023
SmartyPants:
There are several other vehicle manufacturers in Nigeria. Both NORD and DICON could have provided the trucks.
Toyota assembly their Hilux in Nigeria..
Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by pocom35: 8:54am On Aug 11, 2023
steinalb:

I hope you are very sure of what you are saying. Remember, Innoson can also buy the designs from China inorder to manufacture here. Not everyone has the capacity for auto designs same as in mobile phone industry.

There is no such thing as buying designs..

The designs for a vehicle has been done...all innoson does is buy all the part for a particular vehicle with it's design and come and assembly in nnewi and glue IVM logo on it simple
Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by SmartyPants(m): 8:56am On Aug 11, 2023
pocom35:

Toyota assembly their Hilux in Nigeria..

So that means we shouldn't patronise Nigerian indigenous brands first? What's your point?
Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by Metrofox(m): 9:04am On Aug 11, 2023
Rolings:

Shameless Bullies
Peter Obi doesn't even drive an INNOSON vehicles just like most of the people dragging the government on this matter......

and no one cares what he drives, the government is where the focus is . We don't have a say in the personal lives of people. Remember same Peter Obi supported innosson many years ago when it wasn't even popular to do so

1 Like

Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by alibiz: 9:19am On Aug 11, 2023
Really appreciate this feedback from Abia state Govt, it shows they are Govt of the people.
Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by dsupremeoley(m): 9:31am On Aug 11, 2023
I sincerely appreciate a govt who has a listening ear and cute response time. God bless the good people of Abia State, God bless Labour party, God bless Nigeria
Kingsmeal:

Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by KENFERDYOORI(m): 9:31am On Aug 11, 2023
I call this "sanity in governance." Kudos to the Otti-led administration
Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by winterbell: 9:40am On Aug 11, 2023
Tv for sale
LG 65 inch
Location rivers state.
300k slightly negotiable
Send me a mail.
I year old
Very neat
Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by IduNaOba: 9:40am On Aug 11, 2023
Josephkabila12:
so inoson is the only place you can the vehicles?? What about PROFOCE VEHICLE MANUFACTURING COMPANY and NORD MOTORS, why can't you get it there. Because these vehicle manufacturing companies are not in the southeast and the owners are not from ibo southeast. When other ethnic groups in Nigeria start their own this ibos should not complain. That's all
We want to buy from our brother.
Let proforce people buy from profore.
You guys should quit telling us what to do and how. Una governors don't do shit and you guys voted in a leader wey dey wear pampers!
Rest.
Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by Tochj(m): 9:41am On Aug 11, 2023
It's very beautiful when government is answerable to the people.
That's why people must insist on Free and Fair Elections
Tinubu can't answer you like this because he knew that You didn't Put him in that seat
He can only answer those who put him there.
Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by Rolings: 10:09am On Aug 11, 2023
Metrofox:

and no one cares what he drives, the government is where the focus is . We don't have a say in the personal lives of people. Remember same Peter Obi supported innosson many years ago when it wasn't even popular to do so

So what happens to living by example.
It's foolish to say obi shouldn't patronize INNOSON as a private citizen.....that means he won't still patronize them if he gets to government.
Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by Jidefido(m): 10:37am On Aug 11, 2023
Kingsmeal:

Like you don't know how past governors behave.

Governor Oyetola even left with curtains in Osun govt house.

Most times, the governors don't go away with such things like curtains, pots and co. Its usually done by the workers who know that the incoming administration will not want to use such again but rather bring new ones. Do you think a governor will carry mattress or pillow? Or an incoming governor will want to sleep on the same bed as his predecessor. The normal thing is for those items to be auctioned but workers as per sharp ones will clear everything but the public will think its the governor. On a normal day, he won't even have time to pack. He will be more interested in pension and co
Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by Kingsmeal: 11:20am On Aug 11, 2023
AmotekunSW:

Throughout Obi's campaign, did you ever see them use a single Innoson vehicle?

MΓ»mu. Go and watch his campaign in Owerri, Awka and Enugu. Ode

1 Like

Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by Sermwell(m): 11:47am On Aug 11, 2023
Napata77:
OTTI SHOULD HAVE ASKED THESE SELF RIGHTEOUS OBIDIENT BULLIES, β€œSo how many of YOU have bought and are using INNOSON vehicles? Or is it only govt that buys vehicles?”

THEIR SILENCE OF HYPOCRISY WOULD HAVE BEEN GOLDEN.

This is the kind of reasoning why you are here wasting away on nairaland while Alex Otti is in government house! grin
Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by pocom35: 11:51am On Aug 11, 2023
SmartyPants:

So that means we shouldn't patronise Nigerian indigenous brands first? What's your point?

I am against patronizing goods made in a foreign land ..
.as far as it is made in Nigeria or in this case assembled... Then there is no cause for alarm..

Realistically speaking, Innoson assemble his vehicles as well not manufacture..the designs of his vehicles are not his own as well .

The company that assembly the Toyota vehicle employs Nigerians to handle it same way the indigenous companies do ..in all it is a plus for the Nigerian economy..

By the way..even if the governor bought from Nord vehicles in SW or peugeot in the north now owned by Dangote... People will still complain why he didn't patronize innoson cuz of tribe..
Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by Metrofox(m): 11:53am On Aug 11, 2023
Rolings:

So what happens to living by example.
It's foolish to say obi shouldn't patronize INNOSON as a private citizen.....that means he won't still patronize them if he gets to government.

He did already as a governor in government, go find out.
Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by SmartyPants(m): 12:02pm On Aug 11, 2023
pocom35:

I am against patronizing goods made in a foreign land ..
.as far as it is made in Nigeria or in this case assembled... Then there is no cause for alarm..

Realistically speaking, Innoson assemble his vehicles as well not manufacture..the designs of his vehicles are not his own as well .

The company that assembly the Toyota vehicle employs Nigerians to handle it same way the indigenous companies do ..in all it is a plus for the Nigerian economy..

By the way..even if the governor bought from Nord vehicles in SW or peugeot in the north now owned by Dangote... People will still complain why he didn't patronize innoson cuz of tribe..

Wrong on both counts sir.

1. When Toyota does business in Nigeria, the bulk of its profits are repatriated outside Nigeria, resulting in huge capital flight and forex pressure

2. Innoson and other manufacturers do own their designs. I believe this has been settled long ago, but if you have contrary information, kindly share your source.

3. As for people complaining, that is no concern of mine. As long as the right thing is done, let people complain - and what is the right thing? To adopt a Nigeria first strategy, and always looking buy as close to home as possible. That means if it is not available in your State, then check the next state and so on until you cannot find that item anywhere in nigeria, before you go abroad.
Re: Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans by Jeffy1206(m): 12:08pm On Aug 11, 2023
9jatriot:
The governor is still using his private car, right?

Okay, so what happened to the official car that the last governor was using? Abi the car don too old for oga gov'nor?
Try de follow news if you must comment. πŸ™ The last government looted everything and a panel was set up to investigate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ignatius Edet Defects To PDP With 5000 Supporters / After Two Consecutive Losses, What Next For Gov Wike? / Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.