Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,232 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund (14768 Views)

FG Launches Single Register On Poor, Vulnerable / N50bn Debt: Court Orders AMCON To Take-over MMA 2, Old Fed Secretariat, Others - / Amigo Supermarket Owners Sues FG For N50bn For Unlawful Detention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by gascoign1(m): 10:21pm On Oct 12, 2011
Na today yash dey back? na the same story till vision 3000 years, instead of creating an enabling environment for small business to grow,access to loans, good roads, constant electricity and a strong institution to reduce corruption,den dey deceive demselves again, Fight corruption with that 50bn and jobs will spring up like magic, anoda room for chop chop party, shame on GEJ, you have failed us with your weakness and lack of confidence in fighting corruption.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by gascoign1(m): 10:32pm On Oct 12, 2011
Another scam!
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by edetcnn(m): 10:53pm On Oct 12, 2011
It is unfortunate when the government that is championing youths cause, steals ideas from the same youths without crediting them. They couldn't even change the logo! So much for YOUTHS INTEREST! Pls Check http://www.studentsenterprise.com/?f and see for yourself how "Government" Hijacked an Idea that some struggling youths were pitching to them and corporate organizations for sponsorship. Okonjo Iweala and Goodluck may not know the origin of the Ideas but the owners of the project posted it on the Youth Ministry's Facebook page sometime in August. Curiuosly, that post has been deleted. The Goodluck Administration is one huge joke!
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by Mcleo007(m): 10:58pm On Oct 12, 2011
"Youwin" my asssszz! Who's fooling who? We all know those that stand to benefit from this. undecided undecided - Senators' children, ministers' nephews and nieces, governors' kinsmen and so on.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 12, 2011
So if 110,000 is actually created from 50b Naira which I doubt, the cost of creating each job will be 455,000 naira per job. Why not share that money to 110,000 Nigerians with excellent business plan right there instead of all these lies.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by lincoln123: 11:07pm On Oct 12, 2011
Birds of the same feathers, know I believe they don't have anything upstairs for progress of our great Nation. The N50BN will go a long way in rebuild our refineries,,,,

Yeye People
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by nex(m): 11:19pm On Oct 12, 2011
So now, in a country where our ancestors, and our mothers and fathers have toiled and paid taxes, and suffered, and broke their backs, the best our government can offer today is a "lotto". After passing through Primary, Secondary, University, Youth Service, and even Masters' and other Post Graduate institutions, we still have to submit ourselves to a lotto in order to secure a decent life for ourselves, and a better future for our children. Well, God dey!
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by Peaceworld(m): 11:21pm On Oct 12, 2011
Gosh, hope I can fund my books with this, will this fund authors who need to market their books as well? Sure hope it does cuz the book industry is big bussiness elsewhere, going to d site to register, though if this is an idea FG stole from youths, it's vry sad. The poor guys shld b compensated or something,
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by Beaf: 11:36pm On Oct 12, 2011
These days, most people just want to say something negative, even if it makes no sense. Negativity only breeds failure and Nigeria has had enough of that. Quite a few people are expiring so much energy complaining about problems that have been in existence for decades because GEJ is taking steps to solve them.
Some have complained about electricity, even though they know there are tremendous improvements in that area. Others have talked about an enabling environment, but I am quite sure that this is the first govt to take that word on as mantra and created a plethora of policies; from the Gas Revolution, to the restructuring of NNPC (even while the drive for the PIB continues), to local content laws, the privatisation of PHCN etc.

A lot of people are complaining for the sake of it, or because of frustrations endured in the past (which is very understandable). However, for those who fall within the age bracket for YouWin, it is a chance to obtain FREE money to start up a business. Let those who wish to complain without taking stock of what is sprouting all over the place in Nigeria continue to do so, but let the wise ones amongst us go for it; there is no harm in trying and it will give vital experience in business plan writing at the very least; at the most, you could get a few cool million to take off.

If you fall within the group that can apply and have a great business idea, do not listen to the whiners; seize your opportunity with both hands.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by edetcnn(m): 11:49pm On Oct 12, 2011
@Beaf
Just compare http://www.studentsenterprise.com/?f and http://youwin.org.ng/
You may not know the history of the theft but just look at the 2 logos before you start yapping and supporting thieves!
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by Kobojunkie: 11:50pm On Oct 12, 2011
I am more disturbed by the age limit attached to the offer. Are we over 35s devoid of nation-building ideas abi kini? embarassed embarassed  Even my own government is looking down it's nose at us now??

You go apply for job, dem go use age disqualify you. Now even our government follow dey discriminate. Is there an age limit to starting a business fa ??
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by edetcnn(m): 11:58pm On Oct 12, 2011
@Kobokojunkie, that is what happens when u are in a hurry to pass off someone else's good idea as yours. Just go for yourself and compare the 2 websites!
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by manny4life(m): 12:00am On Oct 13, 2011
lol,

Is there an age limit?

oladayo042:

^^^ I mean the number of jobs (80,000 to 110,000) GEJ said YouWin will create and what is obtainable (40,000 to 50,000) from YouWin's portal.

Oh ok, got you, Anyway I guess it's time that Nigerian youths begin to brainstorm on their ideas on how to move forward and btw, don't bother no one is stealing your ideas.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by Beaf: 12:05am On Oct 13, 2011
^
Its targetted at the youth (18 - 35).

edetcnn:

@Beaf
Just compare http://www.studentsenterprise.com/?f and http://youwin.org.ng/
You may not know the history of the theft but just look at the 2 logos before you start yapping and supporting thieves!

Dude, me and a few others have a similar website (www.AfroScienceCommunity.com) which has also been pitched at different quarters; the truth is that there are very many similar idea's both in Nigeria and the World over. Dragons den is even more similar to YouWin, so please let it lay.

I'll advise that you pitch your idea to the likes of the educational wing of the Bill Gates Foundation, look into targetted United Nations developmental funds, Ford Foundation etc.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by godswill44: 12:12am On Oct 13, 2011
We are holding a 4 months weekends Oracle Class for graduates.

It's a full oracle10g training class, covering ORACLE iSLQPlus and OCA on window and Linux.

We have made the course fee to be very affordable for all participants as low as N12,000

You can register here. www.naijanote.com/oracle/register.html

thanks
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by kcjazz(m): 12:17am On Oct 13, 2011
Meanwhile if there is anyone participating in the "Youwin" project and needs help and advice with your business plan, I can help you for FREE
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by feelme3(m): 12:25am On Oct 13, 2011
Beaf:

^
Its targetted at the youth (18 - 35).

Dude, me and a few others have a similar website (www.AfroScienceCommunity.com) which has also been pitched at different quarters; the truth is that there are very many similar idea's both in Nigeria and the World over. Dragons den is even more similar to YouWin, so please let it lay.

I'll advise that you pitch your idea to the likes of the educational wing of the Bill Gates Foundation, look into targetted United Nations developmental funds, Ford Foundation etc.

This guy (abi woman) called beaf, I wonder why those demented boko harem guys never see you. I call them demented because if they are enlightened enough, its the likes of you, who go about propagating lies for a failed government, that they should go after. Even a blind mind can see your government hijacked their scheme judging from the link the young man posted, and you want it to lay?

Its still your WONDERFUL government that wants to remove fuel subsidy that is investing $2billion dollars to build a refinery in Indonesia?
BIIIIG Fool. Keep selling your soul for a few naira settlement you get for doing a yo man job.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by Beaf: 12:29am On Oct 13, 2011
^
Wiser youth are not exercising foolish aimless emotions and sentiments like you, instead they are grabbing opportunities for free money to start up in life with both hands.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by emiye(m): 12:32am On Oct 13, 2011
The sphere of target impact is not impressing for a Federal Government project for 36 states and FCT.

1,200 youths for the grants, and 6,000 youths to be trained  angry    3 cycles.

The above target impact looks like what Rivers state will embark on for youth empowerment.

The unemployment situation is not what they play politics with, 33million nigerians are unemployed.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by Beaf: 12:36am On Oct 13, 2011
^
It is a start. What is most important is the quality of ideas that make it through and the support network backing the young entrepreneurs; those are the areas we should be looking at.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by manny4life(m): 12:38am On Oct 13, 2011
kcjazz:

Meanwhile if there is anyone participating in the "Youwin" project and needs help and advice with your business plan, I can help you for FREE

What part of the business plan will you help with?
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by emiye(m): 12:56am On Oct 13, 2011
Beaf:

^
It is a start. What is most important is the quality of ideas that make it through and the support network backing the young entrepreneurs; those are the areas we should be looking at.
That is surely a wacky start, Only God Knows what percentage of the 1,200 will be appropriated to "Govt Pikins"

Only 1,200 in 36 states & Fct. ? and throwing 50 billion naira in to it with so much noise in the media

Who gave out this weak idea did not consider the cost:benefit part of it.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by 2mch(m): 1:05am On Oct 13, 2011
If they were truly serious they will simply choose well known and respected Nigerian entrepreneurs and personalities from around the world, and then create a grant in which up and coming entrepreneurs will show their ideas, and the one chosen by the panel will be given a grant. The grant can be in N20m packages. This will help a lot of brilliant entrepreneurs do something with their ideas or  expand on whatever company they have started. This board of entrepreneurs can also serve as mentors to the winners to help them become sucessful. We have a lot of these people for a panel all around the world that can fill up this panel and help in allocating the money to the right people. In conjuction with NTA. At least NTA will get some money from the viewership and they can like to upgrade their graphics/programming and give their presenters pronunciation/voice lessons. grin. If done well almost 2500 people can create jobs for hundreds of thousands if they are encouraged. The grant can be divided into Sciences, Arts, Business, Agriculture, engineering, health care research e.t.c. Not a reality show by FG, will Jonathan say "you are fired?". What a joke. Idea is good, execution is a disaster.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by kcjazz(m): 1:25am On Oct 13, 2011
manny4life:

What part of the business plan will you help with?

Any part of the plan; research sources, advicing/reviewing the model and even English writing review. At the end, not everyone will get the funds so it comes down to soundness of the strategy. Plus those who can't speak or write English might have a great idea, eg a fulani herds guy might have an innovative way to invest in cows and sell milk in the future.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by EPOMA(m): 1:36am On Oct 13, 2011
Beaf:

How do you know? Abi your office is in Okija?
You are a prophet a doom, sadly.

The govt has done well with the idea, it is for the youth to test it by forwarding their business plans. I hope the process will be televised like Dragons Den, that will even make it self-sustaining from advert fee's.

Idea is not good , this is a white elephant project, Nigeria still worries me with things like this, when I see western countries talking about employment, they define things like road buildings and so on to create jobs, Even the YouWin website posted by beaf shows roadside shoe repairer, shopretailers and someone Ironing on the floor outside,that tell the whole story, The whole thing is a joke. 50Billion is toosmall to create jobs for the whole country, the should cut the budget of Nass and other politican offices and put in big money to build sustainable industry to create proper jobs.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by donclemo(m): 1:47am On Oct 13, 2011
if a pencil is sold for ten million naira and government budget for the pencil is 50 million dem no go still buy the pencil na the thin wey dey pain me for naija y not buy the pencil and chop the remaining 40 million ,  this you win jobcreation me i no dey oh
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by EPOMA(m): 1:48am On Oct 13, 2011
godswill44:

We are holding a 4 months weekends Oracle Class for graduates.

It's a full oracle10g training class, covering ORACLE iSLQPlus and OCA on window and Linux.

We have made the course fee to be very affordable for all participants as low as N12,000

You can register here. www.naijanote.com/oracle/register.html

thanks

And what will they use the training to do, How many companies in Nigeria are using Oracle, is you training for DBA, developers or end users.You Guys should stop this fraud and yes I said fraud. That is how A friend was so excited about paying 300k  with nicc or something to do Oracle and I advised her not to take it but she did, now when I ask her about the program ,  she does not want to talk about it. Go and advertise to company that use Oracle or sap in Nigeria and not here abeg
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by Beaf: 1:51am On Oct 13, 2011
EPOMA:

Idea is not good , this is a white elephant project, Nigeria still worries me with things like this, when I see western countries talking about employment, they define things like road buildings and so on to create jobs, Even the YouWin website posted by beaf shows roadside shoe repairer, shopretailers and someone Ironing on the floor outside,that tell the whole story, The whole thing is a joke. 50Billion is toosmall to create jobs for the whole country, the should cut the budget of Nass and other politican offices and put in big money to build sustainable industry to create proper jobs.  

Story! Story!

Road building to create jobs in the West? lol!
If you haven't lived in the West or are not informed about the West, do no use it as an example. Tell us how many roads are being built right now in the US, UK, Greece, Spain etc to curb rampaging unemployment?

Why would they just start building roads like they are crazy? Roads to where my brother? In any event, road building can only contribute something to the economy of a developing country, and it would have to be on a massive scale with slave wages.

Abeg, tell another story and let those with bright idea's sieze their opportunity.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by manny4life(m): 2:04am On Oct 13, 2011
kcjazz:

Any part of the plan; research sources, advicing/reviewing the model and even English writing review. At the end, not everyone will get the funds so it comes down to soundness of the strategy. Plus those who can't speak or write English might have a great idea, eg a fulani herds guy might have an innovative way to invest in cows and sell milk in the future.

How much experience do you have? Do u have any portfolio to share? You have any work samples? No offense but what is your background?
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by emiye(m): 2:41am On Oct 13, 2011
Beaf:

Story! Story!

Road building to create jobs in the West? lol!
If you haven't lived in the West or are not informed about the West, do no use it as an example. Tell us how many roads are being built right now in the US, UK, Greece, Spain etc to curb rampaging unemployment?

Why would they just start building roads like they are crazy? Roads to where my brother? In any event, road building can only contribute something to the economy of a developing country, and it would have to be on a massive scale with slave wages.

Abeg, tell another story and let those with bright idea's sieze their opportunity.

He must have meant ROADMAP., like we have in the power sector.

A clear and detailed outline of how they will generate jobs for the 33 million youths. Unemployment figure is increasing geometrically with respect to available jobs annually. The situation is a time bomb, waiting to explode, Revolutions are triggered and implemented easily by the jobless.

This project is a typical ugly federal character "play play"approach to creating jobs. "You lose" is not it

At the end of the day 20 -30 odd, from no where "fraudpreneurs" might be picked from each state, and some contractors would be billionaires.
Re: Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund by Nobody: 3:01am On Oct 13, 2011

to hear this from beaf makes it clear he is n the fg twilight zone where people are completely disconected

does he think nigeria is an advanced country?

can he claim that we have a good enough road netwrk, when you consider all the accidents every other day, and all the fke roads across the nation?

several major cities /zones are linked by only one road.

for a serious govt, road building and railway line construction are infrastructure projects that will immediately inject money into the economy, especially for the large number of poorly educated nigerians out there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Supreme Court Unable To Deliver PDP Ruling Due To Political Interference / Sule Lamido: Buhari Has Not Changed From Who He Was In 1983 When He Plotted Coup / Saraki's Comments On 2019 Budget Is Immature, Reckless - BMO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.