Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,283 members, 7,849,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:38 PM

Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos (899 Views)

Ministerial Appointments: Tinubu Not Fair To Igbos – Segun Showunmi / Buhari’s Cabinet: Ambode, Bindow, Abubakar To Get Ministerial Appointments / Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by Generalmystic: 6:08pm On Aug 10, 2023
⭕Ministerial appointments: Tinubu not fair to Igbos – Segun ShowunmiPublished on August 9, 2023 By Francis Ugwu

A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Segun Showunmi, has slammed President Bola Tinubu over the manner in which he is constituting his cabinet, claiming he’s not being fair to the southeast zone.

⭕ [Size=8pt] Showunmi claimed that the administration has done quite a lot of things that could be considered as serious missteps.

He made the assertion on Wednesday while featuring on Channels Television’s Politics Today programme.

Showunmi said he is a little bit uncomfortable with the fact that it’s beginning to seem that his people (southwest) would get larger positions in Tinubu’s government.

He said, “You know I am a Yoruba man. Ironically, I have known Asiwaju for years. So there must be some kind of soft spot there. But I have tried very hard to say “let’s wait until hundred days”. Why? Because there’s a tradition and culture of “let them take hundred days to settle down”.

“But unfortunately for this administration, they have done quite a lot of things that could be considered as serious missteps.

“And they have done it in such a brazen and hurried manner that people are now forced to say no.

“I have seen the kind of people he is putting in his cabinet, and I laughed at him; few brilliant persons but a few excessively recycled characters. If you come in this country and you want to do a paradigm shift, and your paradigm shift includes former governors.

“There are 200 million people in this country. That particular party (APC) has been in charge for the last eight years. Whatever they are trying to clean now, their party caused it, their government caused it.

“I have looked at the people he is putting together. I am a little bit uncomfortable with the fact that, if I may be honest with you, both of us Yoruba men, it’s beginning to seem that our people will get the best of the cherries. I can tell you the things we have already gotten and the things we are likely to get.

“We are in charge of customs; we are in charge of police; we are in charge of army; we are in charge of CBN; we are in charge of FIRS; we are in charge of taxation; we are in charge of appropriation.

“Have we become such a people that we can only be fair when we are talking about other people…. We have begun to see a pattern that all of the cream is coming to us. And what we would not accept from former President Buhari, who was fairer to us than he was to his people, we must be brave enough to say that this is not even the right thing for us. We are not suddenly going to become parochial people who insist that all of the things in the country….

“Does it not prick your soul that you’re putting ten in one place; nine in one place; seven in one place and five in one place. And you are giving the southeast (Igbos) five. I can tell you for free, there’s no mental capacity, validation, education, authentication that you are looking for in the world that you would not find Ndi Igbo, either in Nigeria or in the diaspora. Why is it now you’re telling me that you can only get five from them? These are the issues” [/Size]

https://dailypost.ng/2023/08/09/ministerial-appointments-tinubu-not-fair-to-igbos-segun-showunmi/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8cYidofxIk

Cc @OAM4J @Nlfpmod @Dominique @Mynd44

1 Share

Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by TemplarLandry: 6:08pm On Aug 10, 2023
cool Some folks' balls have finally dropped. PDP has learnt the art of playing an opposition party. I love criticisms like this. I watched this vibrant man yesterday on Politics Today.

Above all, I trust the discretion of Baba Tinubu.

I dedicate “Dues” by Wande Coal to Aşiwaju. Great jam!

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by Generalmystic: 6:13pm On Aug 10, 2023
Few Men of honor left in Yoruba land

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by yarimo(m): 6:40pm On Aug 10, 2023
Stupid man how did TINUBU sideline The east? All state in the east has ministers .

4 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by Generalmystic: 6:57pm On Aug 10, 2023
yarimo:
Stupid man how did TINUBU sideline The east? All state in the east has ministers .
I think you're the one that is stewpid. Did you Care to watch or read his claims.

Your conscience is dead

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by Generalmystic: 7:00pm On Aug 10, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool Some folks' balls have finally dropped. PDP has learnt the art of playing an opposition party. I love criticisms like this. I watched this vibrant man yesterday on Politics Today.

Above all, I trust the discretion of Baba Tinubu.

I dedicate “Dues” by Wande Coal to Aşiwaju. Great jam!
you trust the discretion of a man that has ruined our economy in just few months of assuming office?.

Akudaya
Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by Ikaeniyan0: 7:01pm On Aug 10, 2023
Igbos are not sideline. They got what they deserve anybody that's not happy should go to court
Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by SyrusdeHansome(m): 7:04pm On Aug 10, 2023
After the last election nd Tinubu's emergence as the winner i just said lemme give the man a chance, nd that he may surprise everyone with quality governance just to prove a point so I started supporting him afterwards. But during that period my dad kept telling me to read James 3:11, nd after everything i've now realized that it's not possible for the devil to do good.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by Generalmystic: 7:06pm On Aug 10, 2023
accordadoga26:
Una go cry tire.

You can’t reap where you didn’t sow.

That’s politics.

They should wait until Obi becomes the president in 2095
who's Una?. Segun Showunmi is a Yoruba conscientious man.

He's not Igbo man.

He's a PDP member, not a labour party member.

What is eating you up then?. You'd expected him to be evil and wicked like you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by Generalmystic: 7:07pm On Aug 10, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Igbos are not sideline. They got what they deserve anybody that's not happy should go to court
what exactly did they get?
Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by JagabanB: 7:21pm On Aug 10, 2023
The people singing about "paradigm shift" have been Obidents and they are doing it with a former governor who was a coIIosaI failure in office.
PDP is doing same with a former VP whose impact on the society are part of the reasons for present day retrogression, since it's an opposition, former governors are bàd now.
We only tend to say the truth about others no about ourselves.
Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by Generalmystic: 7:35pm On Aug 10, 2023
JagabanB:
The people singing about "paradigm shift" have been Obidents and they are doing it with a former governor who was a coIIosaI failure in office.
PDP is doing same with a former VP whose impact on the society are part of the reasons for present day retrogression, since it's an opposition, former governors are bàd now.
We only tend to say the truth about others no about ourselves.
address the issues he raised instead of rigmaroling
Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by Ikaeniyan0: 7:39pm On Aug 10, 2023
Generalmystic:
what exactly did they get?
Why's Segun showunmi wailing?
Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by JagabanB: 7:41pm On Aug 10, 2023
Generalmystic:
address the issues he raised instead of rigmaroling
I already addressed it.
Maybe u need glasses.
Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by Generalmystic: 7:42pm On Aug 10, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Why's Segun showunmi wailing?
A Man who stands by the truth can't be said to be wailing. If he is a nairalander, you had accused him of being igbo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by Generalmystic: 7:42pm On Aug 10, 2023
JagabanB:

I already addressed it.
Maybe u need glasses.
You didn't address anything
Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by JagabanB: 7:43pm On Aug 10, 2023
Generalmystic:
You didn't address anything
Ok.
I didn't speak ur mind.
Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by Ikaeniyan0: 7:44pm On Aug 10, 2023
Generalmystic:
A Man who stands by the truth can't be said to be wailing. If he is a nairalander, you had accused him of being igbo
Why is he wailing?
Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by Generalmystic: 7:45pm On Aug 10, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Why is he wailing?
He's not wailing, he's advocating for a just and equitable society

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by Generalmystic: 7:46pm On Aug 10, 2023
JagabanB:

Ok.
I didn't speak ur mind.
Never longed for a known ethnic chauvinist to speak the mind of the justice.
Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by Ikaeniyan0: 7:47pm On Aug 10, 2023
Generalmystic:
He's not wailing, he's advocating for a just and equitable society
What's he wailing about? You quoted me and was crying... I want to know why the both of you are wailing and crying
Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by JagabanB: 7:49pm On Aug 10, 2023
Generalmystic:
Never longed for a known ethnic chauvinist to speak the mind of the justice.

Justice is not what Obidents think it is.
To think that if it doesn't happen ur way means it's injustice is not true.
U need expósure.
Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by Laple0541(m): 7:53pm On Aug 10, 2023
When you occupy any sensitive post in life, make your number1 enemy, the one that always wish you dead your minister of defence, it’s your problem.

For Tinubu, his appointments have been a balance across all geopolitical zone in the country. Btw, how many ministers does this white bearded goat want 5 states from AfganEastern to produce?

I beg park well
Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by yarimo(m): 8:13pm On Aug 10, 2023
Generalmystic:
I think you're the one that is stewpid. Did you Care to watch or read his claims.

Your conscience is dead
nothing to watch. All South East states has ministers so where is the sideline? In other appointments nobody will bring anyone very close to him, who has shown 100% dislike for you without any reason . They should go and meet obi for appointment nonsense
Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by Generalmystic: 8:23pm On Aug 10, 2023
yarimo:
nothing to watch. All South East states has ministers so where is the sideline? In other appointments nobody will bring anyone very close to him, who has shown 100% dislike for you without any reason . They should go and meet obi for appointment nonsense
Are you in anywhere saying Tinubu didn't have people that campaigned for him in SE
Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by Generalmystic: 8:24pm On Aug 10, 2023
Laple0541:
When you occupy any sensitive post in life, make your number1 enemy, the one that always wish you dead your minister of defence, it’s your problem.

For Tinubu, his appointments have been a balance across all geopolitical zone in the country. Btw, how many ministers does this white bearded goat want 5 states from AfganEastern to produce?

I beg park well
So the whole of SE is Tinubu's number 1 enemy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by yarimo(m): 8:25pm On Aug 10, 2023
Generalmystic:
Are you in anywhere saying Tinubu didn't have people that campaigned for him in SE
are they not giving ministers , must they give them everythingml mteeeew
Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:26pm On Aug 10, 2023
grin Hahahaha. When will Afenifere's illegitimate son do the same. grin
Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by Generalmystic: 8:27pm On Aug 10, 2023
JagabanB:

Justice is not what Obidents think it is.
To think that if it doesn't happen ur way means it's injustice is not true.
U need expósure.
So Segun Showunmi who's a Yoruba and member of PDP, is now Obidient?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by Generalmystic: 8:28pm On Aug 10, 2023
yarimo:
A just and equitable society breeds peace and prosperity, that's what uncle Segun Showunmi is advocating for

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Appointments; Segun Showunmi Lambasts Tinubu For Sidelining Igbos by Generalmystic: 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2023
yarimo:
They are given, but was it equitably done?

(1) (2)

Nigerians React As Judge Nancy Maldonado Warn Tinubu Not To Return To Her Court / CSU Scandal: Why Is Tinubu Still Seating As Nigeria's President? / Ipob Opposes Creation Of State Police, Says Regional Police Is Preferred

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.