Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,358 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Go And Farm! - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Go And Farm! (611 Views)

Goat Farming Training And Farm Visit In Ilorin, Kwara State / Best And Affordable Poultry And Farm Equipment / Get A Land And Farm Sesame Seed In Our Sesame Farm Estate In Jigawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Go And Farm! by Tohsynetita1: 10:27pm On Aug 10, 2023
It baffles me when I do read so many unemployment cases online that it's not a new thing to be unemployed in Nigeria, Whereas there are tonnes of treasure that no one is doing, since their is unemployment rate at hike price, Why can't affected individuals go and farm.

Farming is one of the jobs that a dummy can learn. I read somewhere online that most trees used for making locust beans has been cut off in Nigeria. And I think we probably import the seeds. Imagine how locust beans is needed by every Yoruba homes and some 100s of youth can't go and invest in it. what of Shea butter trees, what of cocoa, what of sunflower etc.
Most of this crops has been deforested.
Farming should not be cassava,maize,and Yam that we do here majorly in Southwest.
There are thousands of field nobody does, look at plant like walnut, almond,date, tiger nut, cotton,kola, and even if you don't want cash crops, their are space in cabbage, lettuce,spinach,ugwu, broccoli, zucchini, sugar cane, carrot, what of non -popular animals like owl, Guinea fowl, duck, ostrich,goats etc.
You could even plant trees alone, like bamboo, iroko etc if you don't want to management per say.
Today isn't discussion day though.
Don't limit your self, You can do Farming with any job you have before, just choose the side that suit your condition.
Re: Go And Farm! by Ojey1234: 1:59am On Aug 11, 2023
Tohsynetita1:
It baffles me when I do read so many unemployment cases online that it's not a new thing to be unemployed in Nigeria, Whereas there are tonnes of treasure that no one is doing, since their is unemployment rate at hike price, Why can't affected individuals go and farm.

Farming is one of the jobs that a dummy can learn. I read somewhere online that most trees used for making locust beans has been cut off in Nigeria. And I think we probably import the seeds. Imagine how locust beans is needed by every Yoruba homes and some 100s of youth can't go and invest in it. what of Shea butter trees, what of cocoa, what of sunflower etc.
Most of this crops has been deforested.
Farming should not be cassava,maize,and Yam that we do here majorly in Southwest.
There are thousands of field nobody does, look at plant like walnut, almond,date, tiger nut, cotton,kola, and even if you don't want cash crops, their are space in cabbage, lettuce,spinach,ugwu, broccoli, zucchini, sugar cane, carrot, what of non -popular animals like owl, Guinea fowl, duck, ostrich,goats etc.
You could even plant trees alone, like bamboo, iroko etc if you don't want to management per say.
Today isn't discussion day though.
Don't limit your self, You can do Farming with any job you have before, just choose the side that suit your condition.

Hope you won't farm for cow
Re: Go And Farm! by Tohsynetita1: 2:01am On Aug 11, 2023
Ojey1234:

Hope you won't farm for cow
There are ways to avoid that.
Re: Go And Farm! by Waffarianman(m): 6:54am On Aug 11, 2023
With my Palm oil, cassava, plantain farm no shaking for now f@uk the government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Go And Farm! by Tohsynetita1: 7:12am On Aug 11, 2023
Waffarianman:
With my Palm oil, cassava, plantain farm no shaking for now f@uk the government
You get brain boss, same here. it's only those who are lazy that will be looking for obstacles whenever one is about to look for solution to problem.

1 Like

Re: Go And Farm! by Tohsynetita1: 7:17am On Aug 11, 2023
Another funny thing is, if you are not smart, it's the Government that will be feeding stylishly, You might say ''No" but do you know that most of this politicians has big farms. some has a thousand of acre of land. Stay there, they play.
Re: Go And Farm! by Waffarianman(m): 7:44am On Aug 11, 2023
Tohsynetita1:

You get brain boss, same here. it's only those who are lazy that will be looking for obstacles whenever one is about to look for solution to problem.

My brother if you see the quantity of garri, plantain red oil and peppers from my farm Wen full house you go happy for me
Re: Go And Farm! by Tohsynetita1: 7:48am On Aug 11, 2023
Waffarianman:

My brother if you see the quantity of garri, plantain red oil and peppers from my farm Wen full house you go happy for me
Hunger is not for farmers.

1 Like

Re: Go And Farm! by Waffarianman(m): 8:04am On Aug 11, 2023
Tohsynetita1:
Hunger is not for farmers.

Yeso
Re: Go And Farm! by Redomi(m): 10:06pm On Aug 11, 2023
I started farming this January, and i am happy I made a good choice.
Re: Go And Farm! by Tohsynetita1: 10:30pm On Aug 11, 2023
Redomi:
I started farming this January, and i am happy I made a good choice.
You are mouthed, wetin you planted?
Re: Go And Farm! by Redomi(m): 11:49am On Aug 12, 2023
Tohsynetita1:
You are mouthed, wetin you planted?
I started with efo tete Amaranth, from there I moved to maize farming, I habd 2 acres of maize farm, I just finished selling 1 acres as fresh, I will started selling the other acre next week. My final destination is going to be pepper and tomatoes farming.
I have more than 2000 pepper stand presently, some have started fruiting and some are at the flowering stage

1 Like

Re: Go And Farm! by Tohsynetita1: 2:14pm On Aug 12, 2023
Redomi:
I started with efo tete Amaranth, from there I moved to maize farming, I habd 2 acres of maize farm, I just finished selling 1 acres as fresh, I will started selling the other acre next week. My final destination is going to be pepper and tomatoes farming.
I have more than 2000 pepper stand presently, some have started fruiting and some are at the flowering stage
great, is it Green pepper or chilli or habenero?
Re: Go And Farm! by benzion72(m): 3:24pm On Aug 12, 2023
Wonderful proposition. Are you a farmer?
Re: Go And Farm! by Redomi(m): 9:25pm On Aug 12, 2023
Tohsynetita1:

great, is it Green pepper or chilli or habenero?
habanero sir
Re: Go And Farm! by Tohsynetita1: 9:56pm On Aug 12, 2023
Redomi:
habanero sir
ok
Re: Go And Farm! by FarmTech(m): 3:05pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nice thread. Even if you don't have land you can darm in your backyard.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sweet Corn Maize. / How To Perform Best Bean Processing Equipment Advantages / Cowpea Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.