Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN (23580 Views)

International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense / Stock Market Weakens By 0.35% As Buhari Presents 2019 Budget / CBN Weakens Naira To 307/dollar For First Time (dailytrust) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by ebenholer2(m): 4:50pm On Aug 11, 2023
We should not expect the diasporas remittances to be officially documented cos people have no trust in our banking system again due to frequent anomalies being perpetrated by our banks. Infact people would love it to be keeping their money at home but only for security reason.
Beside, we need to believe it and that the same people criticizing the presence of black market trading in Nigeria are the ones hugely benefiting from such trading at the expense of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by SmartPolician: 4:50pm On Aug 11, 2023
I thought it was the fault of AbokiFX.

Believe it or not, the black man is not ripe for self-rule.

You cannot tell me otherwise.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by WhirlWindx(m): 4:51pm On Aug 11, 2023
Incompetence everywhere you turn your face in Nigeria. undecided undecided undecided undecided
At this point i'm forced to say God bless late Gen Sani Abacha.
Black marketers and other economic saboteurs saw hell.
This crop of politics of politicians have completely ruined everything.
Diaspora remittances that CBN used to pride in at every MPc meeting is now a diablo's chalis to the Nigerian economy grin grin grin
What a time to be alive.

3 Likes

Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by Dubetex96(m): 4:53pm On Aug 11, 2023
turmacs:
The speed at which our naira take dey weak day by day is directly proportional to rate of mental decline of ebolas.. anyways, it will not affect me in any way because my boyfriend is rich tongue As I'm talking to you now, I already have 1TB of data on my router for the whole year, three gallons of 25litre fuel for my generator, MTN Lumos 6 months subscribtion as backup and refrigerator filled with food that five of me can not Finnish in three months....

This your enjoyment galore may it favour me

1 Like

Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by emmybobo1: 4:53pm On Aug 11, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://www.thecable.ng/diversion-of-diaspora-remittances-to-parallel-market-weakens-naira-says-cbn/amp
I know where this fellow is driving to. Very soon you wont be able to receive dollar from abroad through the bank. I mean you'll only receive the money equivalent at CBN chosen rate
Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by BoldBrainz(m): 4:54pm On Aug 11, 2023
Kukutente23:

Pity him.
He's basically saying parallel market rate pass me o

Walahi, e dey pain me say people with litany of degrees gotten here at home and abroad, can often sound so vacuous.. .

If work pass your hand, you no go open mouth talk make people sabi how to take help you?!

1 Like

Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by ebenholer2(m): 4:56pm On Aug 11, 2023
We should not expect the diasporas remittances to be officially documented cos people have no trust in our banking system again due to frequent anomalies being perpetrated by our banks. Infact people would love it to be keeping their money at home but only for security reason.
Beside, we need to believe it and that the same people criticizing the presence of black market trading in Nigeria are the ones hugely benefiting from such trading at the expense of Nigeria. This is the reality.

2 Likes

Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by BoldBrainz(m): 4:58pm On Aug 11, 2023
ebenholer2:
Beside, we need to believe it and that the same people criticizing the presence of black market trading in Nigeria are the ones hugely benefiting from such trading at the expense of Nigeria

Brotherly, there are no diaspora remittances that are not documented by the banks. What then would be the essence of me walking into a First bank branch and filling a lengthy form as well as depositing my fingerprints so I can access those dollars sent through Western Union and Ria?

Isn't the essence of the entire bank procedure meant for documentation that I received money from the obodo oyibo? Don't the commercial banks eventually send reports to the apex bank on these transactions? So what other silly documentation is Shonubi going on about?!

1 Like

Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by richard69(m): 4:58pm On Aug 11, 2023
Stewpid excuse from an incompetent ediot, na today diaspora dey Channel fx through black market?
Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by MrUchenna1(m): 4:59pm On Aug 11, 2023
THEM GO SOON RUN OUT OF EXPLANATION
Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by GreenCovering: 5:00pm On Aug 11, 2023
We've been through this cycle before.
The black market is a behemoth that was being underestimated by many earlier on, forex is never scarce there and they are very patient with any market dynamics.
smiley

1 Like

Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by henrimoto(m): 5:01pm On Aug 11, 2023
turmacs:
The speed at which our naira take dey weak day by day is directly proportional to rate of mental decline of ebolas.. anyways, it will not affect me in any way because my boyfriend is rich tongue As I'm talking to you now, I already have 1TB of data on my router for the whole year, three gallons of 25litre fuel for my generator, MTN Lumos 6 months subscribtion as backup and refrigerator filled with food that five of me can not Finnish in three months....
Are you Serious !! Nne! Share your locate, let's come help you to work.
Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by linearity: 5:02pm On Aug 11, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Shonubi has been talking nonsense for about a week now!!

To the best of my knowledge, there is no medium of remittance from the Diaspora that is outside the various operating windows run by banks and financial institutions.

There's no way you can lay hands on dollars sent to you from a sibling abroad, if you don't walk into a banking hall. All the flutterwave, Remitta, etc.., run transactions across borders, yes. But they basically deal with numbers, where you stand to receive alerts into your Nigerian accounts or domiciliary accounts, as the case may be. But there is no channel that hands over paper currency to an individual as proceeds from diaspora remittance, if not banks and other money houses.

So what's this load of garbage this clown is vomitting?!

Like he stated, they are capturing those into the system, I think he is talking about thousands of diasporas who travel into the country every week for one reason or the other with their foreign currency in their pocket.

He wants those monies to also be captured in the system. But he is more clueless than I thought if he expect these people to take their eg dollars to a bank and get N450 in exchange instead of to the black market where they will get almost twice as much!
Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by Angelfrost(m): 5:04pm On Aug 11, 2023
All I hear and read are excuses for not doing your jobs...

There is no excuse for not keeping a tight lead on things happening in the nation's finance and banking sector.
Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by cococandy(f): 5:05pm On Aug 11, 2023
Oya blame us. When you’re not giving good rates
Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by AleAirHub(m): 5:06pm On Aug 11, 2023
You're doing well
turmacs:

1 Like

Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by JaskanFactor: 5:07pm On Aug 11, 2023
in case you have not been looking to buy forex exchange within last few days, cause if you have youll notice they are not taking naira anymore.
Who will want to take from you naira that falling faster than the burue de change can turn it around to profit, even they have a limit.

All the oyinbos that run Nigeria have done with current puppet administration is to turn naira from useless currency into unacceptable legal tender.

1 Like

Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 11, 2023
E shock you?
Abi E favour you?
Ronu oooo.
Lele lele lele
Baby oya Ronu oooo
La lala lala
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by mmsen: 5:08pm On Aug 11, 2023
eM0liK@n grin

Stupid people make stupid decisions. I don’t want to hear anyone claim that Nigerians are intelligent again. Destroying your own home is something even animals do not do.
Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by henrimoto(m): 5:09pm On Aug 11, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Walahi, e dey pain me say people with litany of degrees gotten here at home and abroad, can often sound so vacuous.. .

If work pass your hand, you no go open mouth talk make people sabi how to take help you?!
😆 😆 😆 😆
Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by BoldBrainz(m): 5:09pm On Aug 11, 2023
linearity:

Like he stated, they are capturing those into the system, I think he is talking about thousands of diasporas who travel into the country every week for one reason or the other with their foreign currency in their pocket.

He wants those monies to also be captured in the system. But he is more clueless than I thought if he expect these people to take their eg dollars to a bank and get N450 in exchange instead of to the black market where they will get almost twice as much!

Please read the body of the thread again. What you're implying is not what he meant at all.

Man says the remittances actually "pass through the banks" but they don't get documented. And that they're further taken out to the parallel markets for exchange.

How can a transaction pass through a bank to the hands of a random individual without being documented by the issuing bank?
Shonubi is as confused as he's incompetent.
Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by Mrpojj(m): 5:10pm On Aug 11, 2023
Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by frog12: 5:13pm On Aug 11, 2023
We can’t do without diaspora remittances. For many countries, that’s their main source of income:

this man is dull joor grin grin

1 Like

Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by Kukutente23: 5:13pm On Aug 11, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Why would he do that? It's his turn to chop
If we want to be honest with ourselves, he was basically chosen because of the sound of his name and not the content of his brain. Did anyone do an interview for him before choosing him?
So why blame a man called to the table to come and chop? He has shown the depth of his ability. It is left for his employer to either upgrade or manage
Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by pharmagba: 5:13pm On Aug 11, 2023
Why is CBN behaving like a toothless bull dog?
There is only one way out.
Criminalise cash sale of dollar more than $1000 cash anything above $1000 must be to your bank account
Mandate all Bereau de change to digitalize their operations.

1 Like

Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by online4business: 5:15pm On Aug 11, 2023
Make I work get remittance and give to crock's oza.

Oil remittance ona no use am give me light fuel or even road.

I go come carry my own wey I hustle give ona.
Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by jmoore(m): 5:15pm On Aug 11, 2023
MT:

Don't forget most of these individuals get lot of dollars via Form A which the FG subsidised.

So, the loyalty to the country that helped in the time of need has evaporated so soon?
Banks dey sell dollar for 900 naira. Everyone to his/her tent.

1 Like

Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by descarado: 5:15pm On Aug 11, 2023
Good morning, Nigeria.
Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by pharmagba: 5:16pm On Aug 11, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://www.thecable.ng/diversion-of-diaspora-remittances-to-parallel-market-weakens-naira-says-cbn/amp

Why is CBN behaving like a toothless bull dog?
There is only one way out.
Criminalise cash sale of dollar more than $1000 cash anything above $1000 must be to your bank account
Mandate all Bereau de change to digitalize their operations.
Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by Godstiger(m): 5:16pm On Aug 11, 2023
No,what weakens naira is poor national value and low standard

1 Like

Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by fineboynl(m): 5:17pm On Aug 11, 2023
This is somehow true. It was the gap between the official and unofficial rate, no one want is money to short change. During emelefe i was saying this same thing. You don’t expect me to change my dollar so low and when i want it back i will only get it very high from black market
Re: Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN by JADEK04: 5:17pm On Aug 11, 2023
Is that the reason while we have to deposit 10 % of amount expecting from proceed export on to get NXP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) / Naira Trades At ₦1,730/$ At Parallel Market / CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.