Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,467 members, 7,830,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Collapsed Overhead Water Tank Kills Lady In Benin - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Collapsed Overhead Water Tank Kills Lady In Benin (1720 Views)

Man Kills Lady In Calabar, Uses Her Corpse To Cook Peppersoup For Sale (Graphic) / Man Kills Lady In Ogun While Trying To Rape Her (Photos) / Cherubim And Seraphim Prophet Kills Lady For Rituals In Ogun (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Collapsed Overhead Water Tank Kills Lady In Benin by zanifa: 6:50pm On Aug 11, 2023
A collapsed Overhead Water Storage Tank has crushed a 34-year-old lady, Joy Amadi, to her death in Benin, Edo state

A NAN Correspondent, who visited the scene of the incident, reports that the family of the deceased, who recently completed her NYSC service, has been plunged into grief.

The deceased was said to have been in her room when the tank erected in a neighbour’s new building, collapsed, penetrating the roofing sheet and crushing her to death.

The incident, NAN learnt, occurred on Aug. 4 on Enagbare Street, off Lucky Street in Ikpoba Okha Local Government Area of Edo.

In an interview with NAN on Friday, Mrs Beatrice Amadi, the deceased mother, said her daughter was inside helping her to shell melon when the tragedy struck.

The deceased, who was a teacher at a private school in the area, the mother said, did not go to work because she had free periods throughout the day.

She described Joy as kind, humble and hardworking, who helped the family to pay their house rent.
Mrs Amadi said the death of her daughter was devastating and had left a vacuum in the family, which would be difficult to be filled.

“Since Joy grew up, I have neither swept this house nor washed my clothes. She did everything and even helped to pay our house rent.

“I will wish a lot about her. It will be difficult to live without my daughter,” the obviously grieved mother told NAN.

The deceased father, Mr Michael Amadi, said he was at work when he received a distressed call.
“When I returned home, I met people gathered at my residence where the sad news was broken to me.”
Meanwhile, sources, who spoke with NAN blamed the incident on a shoddy job by the engineer handling the project.
The sources said the neighbour’s new house belonged to somebody who lived abroad.

You know our people now, perhaps because the owner is not around, the engineer carried out a shoddy job.
“Unfortunately, the thing left the compound to kill the lady in the next house,” one of the sources said.
However, Mr Amadi said the site engineer had been arrested by the police while the corpse of her daughter had been deposited at an undisclosed morgue.

The deceased family hails from Affa in Udi Local Government Area of Enugu State.
When contacted, SP Chidi Nwabuzor, Public Relations Officer of the Edo Police Command said he was yet to be briefed.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/collapsed-overhead-water-tank-kills-lady-in-benin/amp/

Re: Collapsed Overhead Water Tank Kills Lady In Benin by illicit(m): 6:55pm On Aug 11, 2023
Sorry dear

She wouldn't know what hit her
Re: Collapsed Overhead Water Tank Kills Lady In Benin by izonborn098(m): 7:15pm On Aug 11, 2023
Every day bad news
Re: Collapsed Overhead Water Tank Kills Lady In Benin by RighteousDemon: 7:43pm On Aug 11, 2023
Sometimes one would wonder what the essence of the struggles are if this is how we got to go. Damn!
Re: Collapsed Overhead Water Tank Kills Lady In Benin by wrongman665(m): 7:52pm On Aug 11, 2023
Death everywhere.
may God deliver us from all evil.
Re: Collapsed Overhead Water Tank Kills Lady In Benin by godofuck231: 7:55pm On Aug 11, 2023
That family is now rich
Re: Collapsed Overhead Water Tank Kills Lady In Benin by DevilishMan: 7:58pm On Aug 11, 2023
I can bet my balls that tank was manufactured in a Yaribanza state.

Re: Collapsed Overhead Water Tank Kills Lady In Benin by darkmarky(m): 8:22pm On Aug 11, 2023
So sad cry
Re: Collapsed Overhead Water Tank Kills Lady In Benin by oyatz(m): 8:37pm On Aug 11, 2023
DevilishMan:
I can bet my balls that tank was manufactured in a Yaribanza state.

A similar Tragedy killed a young man in Lagos State two months ago and the next thing we saw was an Igbo guy on Tweeter linking the event to the last election which he blamed the Yorubas for.

1 Like

Re: Collapsed Overhead Water Tank Kills Lady In Benin by lascos912(m): 6:36am On Aug 12, 2023
wasted pussy
Re: Collapsed Overhead Water Tank Kills Lady In Benin by DKM123: 7:54am On Aug 12, 2023
The so called engineer cannot say he didn't know the newly constructed tank wasn't stable. He knew something was wrong but just didn't care. In this country, anything goes. Regulatory bodies are non existent in performing thier duties.. Na only to chop bribe dem sabi.
Re: Collapsed Overhead Water Tank Kills Lady In Benin by MMG01(m): 8:17am On Aug 12, 2023
RighteousDemon:
Sometimes one would wonder what the essence of the struggles are if this is how we got to go. Damn!
Hmmm. That’s where we are
Life
Re: Collapsed Overhead Water Tank Kills Lady In Benin by Lama70(m): 2:52pm On Aug 12, 2023
lascos912:
wasted pussy

?

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Dangerous Gangs In Africa / WICKED!!! 55 Year Old HIV Positive Woman Lures 12 Year Old Boy Into Bed With Her / Man Allegedly Kills Wife With Acid In Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.