Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,864 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Automation Mentorship Class - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Automation Mentorship Class (4165 Views)

Work With Google & Earn In Dollars With Gopays Mentorship Program / Join a 3-Days Online Seminar On Fast Selling Products plus E-commerce Mentorship / Hire An Instrumentation And Automation Engineer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Automation Mentorship Class by ytdivine(m): 7:34pm On Aug 14, 2023
Still waiting for your response. Make an attempt, when I now explain, you will understand it better
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by ytdivine(m): 5:58am On Aug 15, 2023
No response to my question. Where are those following? First task, not even a single attempt. Well, I will stop here until you guys are ready to move the class forward
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Southboy(m): 6:51am On Aug 15, 2023
ytdivine:
While waiting for more people to join. Let's keep ourselves busy with this little exercise.
What's Digital? Think about a light switch. It's either on (the light is shining) or off (the light is not shining). There's no in-between. This is similar to how digital works. It's like using a simple switch to control something – it's either a 0 or a 1, like flipping the light switch on or off.

What's Analog? When you turn the handle of a water faucet just a little, a small amount of water comes out. When you turn it more, more water flows. It's like a smooth, continuous change. In electronics, analog is like this – it's a way of working with signals that change smoothly, like turning the faucet handle to control the water flow.
We must understand these basic concept.
Do you know one thing, I never read and study while in school as I did in self developing myself. Even as a master holder in Control Engineering, I still study more than those writing their final year exam.
This class will be interactive in nature. Do your research and tell us what you know about Digital and Analog.
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by ytdivine(m): 7:57am On Aug 15, 2023
[quote author=Southboy post=125119306][/quote]

Very good answer. Am very excited. It shows somebody is ready to learn and my input is not in vain.

However, I need more response. I don't want anybody to be left out. We are gradually entering the main thing. Very soon, we will write our first Ladder Logic Program. If you don't understand this concept you will not move an inch with us
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Southboy(m): 8:49am On Aug 15, 2023
ytdivine:

Very good answer. Am very excited. It shows somebody is ready to learn and my input is not in vain.

However, I need more response. I don't want anybody to be left out. We are gradually entering the main thing. Very soon, we will write our first Ladder Logic Program. If you don't understand this concept you will not move an inch with us
I want to suggest that you create like a Telegram group and drop the link here for everyone that is interested to join. Then people will know when a new message is dropped and they can respond to it on time.
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by ytdivine(m): 8:56am On Aug 15, 2023
Get it very clear
When we talk about digital, it means two extreme conditions example
1 or 0
True or false
Up or down
Low or high
Big or small
Yes or No
Here, you must note one thing - Nothing stands in-between. Not the word in-between.
Here let's put the value in %
It means
0 or 100% nothing in-between
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by ytdivine(m): 9:16am On Aug 15, 2023
Now, we are talking about electronics, it does not know yes or no, big or small etc, these two conditions are only relevant to us. How do we now present these values electronically?
Please answer the question!
Here we are now talking about signals present or not. Is either there is signal or not. No two ways about it.
What do we mean by signal? This is another question.
Well, I don't want to start explaining what's called VOLTAGE and CURRENT. I assumed you know this, if otherwise alert me.
The common digital signal we use in automation is
24vdc (direct current voltage)
Another common one 5vdc
Here we are going to be making use of only 24vdc

Coming down to digital meaning
24v present
Or 24v not present.
We are going to represent these two conditions with a symbol which will be used in the PLC programming.

I hope I have not confuse anybody
If you understood the whole thing up to this point, please indicate

1 Like

Re: Automation Mentorship Class by ytdivine(m): 9:23am On Aug 15, 2023
Southboy:
I want to suggest that you create like a Telegram group and drop the link here for everyone that is interested to join. Then people will know when a new message is dropped and they can respond to it on time.

Point noted
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Southboy(m): 9:36am On Aug 15, 2023
ytdivine:
Now, we are talking about electronics, it does not know yes or no, big or small etc, these two conditions are only relevant to us. How do we now present these values electronically?
Here we are now talking about signals present or not. Is either there is signal or not. No two ways about it.
What do we mean by signal? This is another question.
Well, I don't want to start explaining what's called VOLTAGE and CURRENT. I assumed you know this, if otherwise alert me.
Another common one 5vdc

24v present
Or 24v not present.
We are going to represent these two conditions with a symbol which will be used in the PLC programming.

All clear boss
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by eddyboy: 10:12am On Aug 15, 2023
Noted
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Southboy(m): 10:23am On Aug 15, 2023
ytdivine:
Now, we are talking about electronics, it does not know yes or no, big or small etc, these two conditions are only relevant to us. How do we now present these values electronically? 1s and 0s
What do we mean by signal? This is another question. - A signal is like a message that one part of a system sends to another to trigger a specific action or response. Just like how you might use hand signals to guide traffic or communicate with someone from a distance, signals in automation help various components "talk" to each other without direct human intervention.
Another common one 5vdc

24v present
Or 24v not present.

Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Southboy(m): 11:08am On Aug 15, 2023
I would like to express my gratitude for dedicating your time to educate us on the subject of automation. If you're willing, could you kindly provide us with the following information:

1. What is the primary goal of this training?
2. What topics and subjects will be covered in the training curriculum?
3. What level of understanding or knowledge do you anticipate participants will have by the conclusion of the training?
4. Are practical hands-on sessions included in the training program?
5. Is the training only for Engineering students?

Essentially, could you outline the overall structure and organization of the training? Your insights would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Newusername(m): 2:11pm On Aug 15, 2023
Southboy:
Why should we create a telegram link when we have this platform. Is it really necessary?
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Southboy(m): 2:46pm On Aug 15, 2023
Newusername:

Why should we create a telegram link when we have this platform. Is it really necessary?
We are asked to answer a question but because people that showed interest in the training are not notified that there is a new message, or they forgot about the training. Either way it slows down the class. It's just a suggestion though

1 Like

Re: Automation Mentorship Class by ytdivine(m): 4:03pm On Aug 15, 2023
Southboy:
I would like to express my gratitude for dedicating your time to educate us on the subject of automation. If you're willing, could you kindly provide us with the following information:

1. What is the primary goal of this training?
2. What topics and subjects will be covered in the training curriculum?
3. What level of understanding or knowledge do you anticipate participants will have by the conclusion of the training?
4. Are practical hands-on sessions included in the training program?
5. Is the training only for Engineering students?

Essentially, could you outline the overall structure and organization of the training? Your insights would be greatly appreciated.

I was nobody, before my service year, I wanted to get out of the village and relocate to a city like Lagos but nobody was willing to accommodate me. I circulated my CV around but got no help.
Many young graduates are in this category of no hope just like me many years back. It's not good to forget the days of little beginning. I have worked with many people across the globe and had a lot of foreign trainings. I did not pay a dime for any of these trainings though sponsored by the organization I worked for.
I tell you that the person that made me somebody from nobody has already paid for this training. It may just be because of an individual or group of persons.
A week training in this field cost close to half a million and I know that over 95% of people in job section cannot afford it. It's a lot of sacrifice and commitment for me to come here and dishing out such rare knowledge to people that may not know the worth. Anybody that have not work in a big manufacturing company cannot value this training. The job seekers of course has no value for it simply because their lack exposure.

This training if given any attention to by the students will give them the relevant skill for industrial jobs.

We are just trying to start, as we progress, I will base on the interested people and level of knowledge come up with the training structure.

2 Likes

Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Newusername(m): 4:44pm On Aug 15, 2023
Southboy:
We are asked to answer a question but because people that showed interest in the training are not notified that there is a new message, or they forgot about the training. Either way it slows down the class. It's just a suggestion though
Oh! Okay.
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by mircos: 5:01pm On Aug 15, 2023
Provide training to users on how to use the CRM system effectively. Create user manuals and documentation that outline the system's features, workflows, and troubleshooting steps https://mlsdev.com/blog/how-to-make-a-booking-app.
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by ytdivine(m): 5:56pm On Aug 15, 2023
Before we continue our explanation on digital signal, let's take a look on analog.
In an examination involving about 20 persons, 5 persons scored 0%, 2 persons scored 100%, 13 persons scored between 50 and 99%.

Now, we are going to reward the students digitally and by analog as well.
First scenario by digital
Here we will consider only the students that scored 0% and 100%. What does that mean? It means that the information about the 13 students that scored between 50 and 99% is lost since digital representation means the two extreme conditions.
Let's take it to industrial application for example, in an application that requires to know recipe conditions at various temperature say 0 to 100 degree centigrade. It means that digital representation will not in any way provide the necessary information.

Unlike digital that give two level information, analog provide all inclusive information within the range.
In the above students example, all the 20 students are represented and rewarded accordingly.
In the case of temperature, the information from 0 to 100 degree centigrade are all captured.
So while digital is discrete
Analog is continuous (infinite)

1 Like

Re: Automation Mentorship Class by ytdivine(m): 6:09pm On Aug 15, 2023
In automation we talk about
1. Digital signal
A. Digital input
B. Digital output

2. Analog signal
A. Analog input
B. Analog output

First assignment with #200 recharge card.
We use 24vdc to represent digital signal. What do we use to represent analog signal?
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Southboy(m): 6:35pm On Aug 15, 2023
ytdivine:
In automation we talk about
1. Digital signal
A. Digital input
B. Digital output

2. Analog signal
A. Analog input
B. Analog output

First assignment with #200 recharge card.
We use 24vdc to represent digital signal. What do we use to represent analog signal?
Analog signals can take on any value within a specified range. For example, in an industrial setting, an analog signal representing temperature might use a range of 0vdc to 10vdc to represent a temperature range of, let's say, 0°C to 100°C.
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by ytdivine(m): 6:36pm On Aug 15, 2023
Another follow up question

What is Transducer?
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by ytdivine(m): 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2023
Southboy:
Analog signals can take on any value within a specified range. For example, in an industrial setting, an analog signal representing temperature might use a range of 0V to 10V to represent a temperature range of, let's say, 0°C to 100°C.

You tried. I give you 25%
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Southboy(m): 6:45pm On Aug 15, 2023
ytdivine:

What is Transducer?
A transducer is used to sense or measure a particular parameter in an environment and then convert it into a signal that can be easily interpreted, displayed, recorded, or processed
An example is a temperature sensor that detects a change in temperature and converts it to electrical signal that can be measured and interpreted

N.B. I don't know these things before now, got my answers via research

1 Like

Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Southboy(m): 6:49pm On Aug 15, 2023
I don't have an Engineering background, would you still advice that I continue with the training?
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by ytdivine(m): 7:00pm On Aug 15, 2023
Southboy:
I don't have an Engineering background, would you still advice that I continue with the training?

Your effort is so much appreciated. Do you have a phone? If yes, how come you are successfully making use of it without engineering background?
It's just interest and determination, by the grace of God, I can even train a goat much more an intelligent fellow like you.
Feel free to make attempt always and ask questions.
Engineering knowledge started one day

1 Like

Re: Automation Mentorship Class by ytdivine(m): 7:04pm On Aug 15, 2023
I will continue the moment my questions are answered.
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Southboy(m): 7:13pm On Aug 15, 2023
ytdivine:
I will continue the moment my questions are answered.
I'm confused about the specific question you're seeking an answer to.
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Southboy(m): 7:17pm On Aug 15, 2023
ytdivine:

Your effort is so much appreciated. Do you have a phone? If yes, how come you are successfully making use of it without engineering background?
It's just interest and determination, by the grace of God, I can even train a goat much more an intelligent fellow like you.
Feel free to make attempt always and ask questions.
Engineering knowledge started one day
Thank you but we the students are the ones that should appreciate your effort. I have a phone but I mostly use my laptop. I refresh this page every ten minutes or thereabout to check for new posts

1 Like

Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Southboy(m): 9:52pm On Aug 15, 2023
ytdivine:

You tried. I give you 25%
Please provide the correct answer
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Kingslaw(m): 10:31pm On Aug 15, 2023
ytdivine:

What is Transducer?
A transducer is an electronic device that converts energy from one form to another. Common examples include microphones, loudspeakers.
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by ytdivine(m): 9:15am On Aug 16, 2023
Southboy:
Please provide the correct answer

Analog signals commonly used in automation are
a. 0 to 10 vdc ( 0-10v)
b. 4 - 20mA
When our class gets proper, I will go into details. 90% of young graduates will fail this question. Please get this answer sink down you

1 Like

Re: Automation Mentorship Class by ytdivine(m): 9:19am On Aug 16, 2023
Kingslaw:
A transducer is an electronic device that converts energy from one form to another. Common examples include microphones, loudspeakers.

Have been looking for you. Where you hid all these while.
Good answer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Skye Bank Recruitment / I Need A Job As Filling Station Attendant / Marketing Executives, with a difference!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.