Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,659 members, 7,816,688 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Automation Mentorship Class - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Automation Mentorship Class (4145 Views)

Work With Google & Earn In Dollars With Gopays Mentorship Program / Join a 3-Days Online Seminar On Fast Selling Products plus E-commerce Mentorship / Hire An Instrumentation And Automation Engineer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Southboy(m): 9:17am On Sep 04, 2023
ytdivine:
Please refer to the ladder diagram above.
You will notice two colours; green and black. The two colours shows that the user is on online mode. When offline, the entire diagram turns black.
The diagram looks like a climbing ladder hence the name ladder logic.
There is a special computer design by the PLC manufacturer for programming, this computer is called PG (programmer). The PG (Laptop) is very expensive and may cost above #15m.

When there is a problem on the line( many machines put together) that could not be solved by operators, electricians, mechanics, engineers on duty, the next point of call will be the automation guy. You're expected to login your PG to find out the fault.
The moment you go online, you see the signal flow on the PLC. The signal flows from the left side to the right side. The inputs are positioned on the left while output on the right.
The green color indicate the signal while the black color indicate where the signal flow stopped.
Any confusion or questions at this point
Carry on
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Bright12660(m): 11:38am On Sep 04, 2023
ytdivine:
In automation, we can group the system into three major units
a, Field devices (sensing devices)
b. Actuators ( action devices eg motors)
c. Program (written instructions)

The signals from the field devices form the input to the PLC while the output from the PLC acts on the actuators.
The output depends on the written logic programs.
Now let's illustrate with this example.
I entered into a hotel named Park inn in saint Petersburg Russia, the main entrance door immediately opened on it's own without human assistance, it closed the moment I entered inside. I have not experience this in Nigeria, maybe such system might exist, I don't know.
Let's explain the automatic door.
It has two sensors, one at the outside, the second position inside. These two sensors are referred as contacts inside the logic program. The door also has a motor(actuator) that open and close it.
Motor action is dependent on the output signal from the PLC.
Let's call the first sensor input A and the second sensor input B.
The moment you stand in front of the door, the sensor detects your presence and send a 24vdc signal to the PLC, the input A/Contact is activated and the coil( output) is energized, the door opens.
The moment you enter inside, the input B/Contact is activated, thereby resetting the coil(output), the door returns back(closed)
Many confusions, feel free to ask your questions.
Please boss, can this knowledge and principle be applied to something as large as a gate? Thanks
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Rawsh55(m): 11:36pm On Sep 04, 2023
ytdivine:

The signals from the field devices form the input to the PLC while the output from the PLC acts on the actuators.
I entered into a hotel named Park inn in saint Petersburg Russia, the main entrance door immediately opened on it's own without human assistance, it closed the moment I entered inside. I have not experience this in Nigeria, maybe such system might exist, I don't know.
It has two sensors, one at the outside, the second position inside. These two sensors are referred as contacts inside the logic program. The door also has a motor(actuator) that open and close it.
The moment you stand in front of the door, the sensor detects your presence and send a 24vdc signal to the PLC, the input A/Contact is activated and the coil( output) is energized, the door opens.
The moment you enter inside, the input B/Contact is activated, thereby resetting the coil(output), the door returns back(closed)

Very clear sir., please carry on
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by nnewsnjobs: 8:50am On Sep 05, 2023
ytdivine:

Well understood.

Please can you explain how the system will work if there many people going in, say they are on the line or que going into the hotel, how would the outside and the inside sensor respond since at every time someone will be outside and another one inside, because they are on a line/que, just thinking! Thanks
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by ytdivine(m): 8:00pm On Sep 05, 2023
Bright12660:

Please boss, can this knowledge and principle be applied to something as large as a gate? Thanks

Why not, once you have a good logic behind it, it can be translated to reality.

1 Like

Re: Automation Mentorship Class by ytdivine(m): 8:13pm On Sep 05, 2023
nnewsnjobs:

Well understood.

Please can you explain how the system will work if there many people going in, say they are on the line or que going into the hotel, how would the outside and the inside sensor respond since at every time someone will be outside and another one inside, because they are on a line/que, just thinking! Thanks

Good question.
This is where logic comes in. The example above is to illustrate the concept of sensors and contacts. In actual design, many things come into play like emergency conditions, time to lock the gate, detecting suspicious object/weapons from individuals, crowd of people trooping in etc.
We are not talking about design at the moment, our attention is only to explain types of contacts and what actually represent contacts in the real life. As we advance in this training, we are going to task our brains on different possibilities (Logic)

1 Like

Re: Automation Mentorship Class by ytdivine(m): 8:16pm On Sep 05, 2023
More inputs before we advance
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by nnewsnjobs: 10:05pm On Sep 05, 2023
ytdivine:

Good question.
This is where logic comes in. The example above is to illustrate the concept of sensors and contacts. In actual design, many things come into play like emergency conditions, time to lock the gate, detecting suspicious object/weapons from individuals, crowd of people trooping in etc.
We are not talking about design at the moment, our attention is only to explain types of contacts and what actually represent contacts in the real life. As we advance in this training, we are going to task our brains on different possibilities (Logic)
Thanks for your explanation.
Please can you forward your email to me, I want to share automation design job with you to know if you can handle it. Do me mail at monjerk12@gmail.com
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Southboy(m): 9:12am On Sep 06, 2023
Good morning everyone,

For those showing interest, it's not enough to say you are interested without any other action. You have to check-in at least once a day by dropping a comment on the thread. Doing this will encourage our mentor and also make the class move at a faster pace.
I know we have busy schedules, but we can make it work if we try.

Thank you.
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Southboy(m): 5:28pm On Sep 07, 2023
Hello Everyone
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Rawsh55(m): 6:19pm On Sep 07, 2023
Southboy:
Hello Everyone

Hi.. let’s go
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Rawsh55(m): 11:41am On Sep 12, 2023
Hello guys.. No word from our trainer in a while now, anyone in contact with him ?
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Southboy(m): 9:24pm On Sep 12, 2023
Enough people didn't show interest
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Rawsh55(m): 9:42am On Sep 13, 2023
Southboy:
Enough people didn't show interest

If he can make it affordable for those interested.

Also, we can have a timeframe for it
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Southboy(m): 12:28pm On Sep 13, 2023
Rawsh55:

If he can make it affordable for those interested.

Also, we can have a timeframe for it
He has said he is not interested in getting paid, I just think the best way would be to do it outside of nairaland or we have a fixed time for the class.

1 Like

Re: Automation Mentorship Class by doghorp(m): 12:38pm On Sep 13, 2023
Southboy:
He has said he is not interested in getting paid, I just think the best way would be to do it outside of nairaland or we have a fixed time for the class.
I support this point
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Rawsh55(m): 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2023
Southboy:

Oh yes., a forum that can be controlled and only interested person would be added..
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Southboy(m): 8:28pm On Sep 13, 2023
@ Lecturer sir, please consider our request for the sake of those that are interested.
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by ytdivine(m): 9:56pm On Sep 13, 2023
Southboy:
@ Lecturer sir, please consider our request for the sake of those that are interested.

Am always a busy person. My schedule is always tight. The truth is that you can't learn the course without active participation. It's only a reasonable active persons that can draw my time and energy to this training.
If the training is constrained to limited individuals, the aim is defeated.

Meanwhile, write a ladder logic program that involves two NO and two NC inputs with only a coil as output.
Let see how serious you guys are. Send your work to aniobinnaeee@yahoo.com
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by ytdivine(m): 5:13pm On Sep 15, 2023
Very good input from Rasheed Sanni. May I know your Nairaland user name.

You must learn to develop and task your brain. This is a must for prospective Automation experts. This is a mentorship class.

Only one person responded to my assignment. Where are others?
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Rawsh55(m): 6:42pm On Sep 15, 2023
ytdivine:
Very good input from Rasheed Sanni. May I know your Nairaland user name.

You must learn to develop and task your brain. This is a must for prospective Automation experts. This is a mentorship class.

Only one person responded to my assignment. Where are others?

I’m here.. it’s @Rawsh55
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Rawsh55(m): 6:44pm On Sep 15, 2023
ytdivine:

Meanwhile, write a ladder logic program that involves two NO and two NC inputs with only a coil as output.
Let see how serious you guys are. Send your work to aniobinnaeee@yahoo.com

Guys Let’s endeavor to reply to this 👆
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by excell0001: 7:40pm On Sep 15, 2023
I am interested
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Dum1(m): 11:02pm On Sep 15, 2023
I’m interested please
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by ytdivine(m): 8:33am On Sep 16, 2023
All those interested in the training should indicate by doing the assignment. You must not get it right, what matters most is making an attempt.
That's only way of learning here. Reading alone without active participation cannot take you anywhere.
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Rawsh55(m): 11:32am On Sep 19, 2023
@Mentor

What’s the way forward.. we can’t afford to stop here
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by ytdivine(m): 11:48am On Sep 19, 2023
Rawsh55:
@Mentor

What’s the way forward.. we can’t afford to stop here
If we have 5 to 10 active students, then we progress.
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by ytdivine(m): 10:41pm On Sep 19, 2023
Good input from Uzoma Awaka. May I know your nairaland username
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by ytdivine(m): 8:31am On Sep 20, 2023
Uzoma maybe a guest on Nairaland, if so, please try to register to make things easier for us. He has some advance tools which others can learn from
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by ytdivine(m): 8:40am On Sep 20, 2023
I would like @Rawsh55 , my runaway class rep @Southboy, and other serious students to upgrade to this level.
The picture below is an input from Uzoma Awaka.
You can have millions of correct answers to my assignment above, that's why it's logic

Re: Automation Mentorship Class by Rawsh55(m): 12:26am On Sep 21, 2023
ytdivine:
I would like @Rawsh55 , my runaway class rep @Southboy, and other serious students to upgrade to this level.
The picture below is an input from Uzoma Awaka.
You can have millions of correct answers to my assignment above, that's why it's logic

Noted
Re: Automation Mentorship Class by ytdivine(m): 9:40pm On Sep 25, 2023
Good attempt from KAY. Remaining two more input to continue.
KAY, what's your nairaland user name?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Graduate Business Development Executive (oil And Gas) At Mactay – Apply Now / LBS / A Message From Dangote Cement Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.