Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries (25912 Views)

50% Of Nigerians Seeking Asylum In Belgium Are From Edo, Lagos’ / Onyeama: We Don’t Have Resources To Bring Back All Nigerians Seeking To Return / Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by essentialone(m): 1:00am On Aug 12, 2023
The US and Canada are often sympathetic to asylum applicants claiming to be fleeing their home countries due to sexual orientations. Hence, Nigerians, who claim to be gay, lie and present fake documentation to US authorities, to create a false impression that they fled Nigeria, to avoid “public execution” because of their sexual orientation.

LETTER TO USA EMBASSY, TO SEEK FOR ASSYLUM (FAKE LETTER)

“I am gay, and I fled Nigeria, to avoid “public execution”, because of my sexual orientation. I was caught having sex with my boyfriend in a hotel. A waiter who wanted to serve me breakfast in my hotel room, had opened the door without knocking, and caught me having sex with a man. The waiter screamed and called hotel security, which detained us, and called a local ‘community security’ group, to report the incident. The security group tied me and my boyfriend, by our hands and legs, threatened to kill us for committing an ‘abomination,’ and took us away. For the next 6 hours, the group beat us with sticks, and metal rods, spit on us, threw sand in our eyes, and yelled anti-gay slurs. The beating caused me to bleed, and eventually scar. I was taken to a detention centre, from which I escaped. I then travelled to a distant town, where I was treated for my injuries at a hospital, with the help of a stranger. After recovering, I contacted my mother, who told me that the Nigerian police, had come looking for me at my home. She also told me that the leaders of my village had asked her to turn me in, because I had committed an abomination, and should be put to death. My mother met me at a bus stop the next day, gave me clothes and money, and told me to flee. I then got visa and travelled to the United States. Based on the Convention Against Torture, which the USA is a signatory to, my life would be at risk, if I am sent back to Nigeria, so I am applying for and requesting that you grant me permanent asylum in the United States of America.”

Below is a transcript of the notice for Public Execution of me, that was written by the “Council of Traditional Rulers” of my local community, back there in Nigeria, and which was sent to my mother and other family:

“In accordance to our traditional code of conduct, your son has committed an offence under Section 2, Paragraph C, which states that: Any citizen of this community, found practising homosexuality, bisexual, trans-gender, or any other related sexual act, must be subjected to public execution. Your son was caught practising this act, and apprehended, detained for public execution, but he escaped. Henceforth, his mother, and five other members of his family, have immediately been banished, and ordered to leave the community, until your son surrenders himself, for ‘public execution’.”

Signed,

Council of Traditional Rulers

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/investigationspecial-reports/613012-investigation-how-desperate-nigerian-seeking-asylum-lied-to-america.html

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by TemplarLandry: 2:08am On Aug 12, 2023
grin
grin
grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by ednut1(m): 2:18am On Aug 12, 2023
Gay/ lesbian
Female genital mutilation
Boko haram/ bandit
Religious conversion
Ogboni/ family occult initiation
😆
Majority of the Nigerians who claimed asylum in Canada between 2017 to 2020 were denied. Many are awaiting deportation, some are hustling for money to do arrangee marriage. Last last it is well

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by Kanekwagii(m): 2:48pm On Aug 12, 2023
Just imagine
Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by slowice(m): 2:50pm On Aug 12, 2023
I need find American babe marry because escaping tilumbu is a thing now

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by TechCapon(m): 2:50pm On Aug 12, 2023
this old format is no longer effective

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by Father4all: 2:50pm On Aug 12, 2023
It's allowed. The west killed Africa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by Nike44(f): 2:51pm On Aug 12, 2023
Hmm it is well with my country,Nigeria
Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by lokotamak(m): 2:51pm On Aug 12, 2023
grin grin
awon Japa crew

5 Likes

Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by JohnieWalker12(m): 2:51pm On Aug 12, 2023
All these Elon Musk boys

5 Likes

Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by TERMlNATOR(m): 2:51pm On Aug 12, 2023
Disgusting

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by Blitzerz: 2:52pm On Aug 12, 2023
What is the aim of this post?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by id4sho(m): 2:52pm On Aug 12, 2023
Gay undecided
Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by Discountsempai: 2:52pm On Aug 12, 2023
cheesy

My papa once was in the US, on official business, and he met a fellow Nigerian whom within minutes was offering him a chance to 'hide in the US...until he got his green card.

Papa said no.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by ItisWell22(f): 2:52pm On Aug 12, 2023
🤔
Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by Monaboo(m): 2:52pm On Aug 12, 2023
I was in a virtual job interview 2 weeks ago with some professionals in a very big international company at Ikoyi, Lagos.

Then a lady in the panel seemed to like me.

The lady kept saying I was goodlooking and also was complimenting my smile throughout.

Then one of the guys asked me

"Which country would u love to travel to?"

I took a while and then said "America".

Then the lady said playfully "There is nothing in America".

The man was just smiling.

After the interview, I then said to myself

"Is only people who have lived in a particular country for years and come back will say there is nothing in that country".

But I beg to differ.

Could it be true? Is there really nothing in America?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by Akwamkpuruamu: 2:54pm On Aug 12, 2023
This guy wan caste updates guys de use hold body

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 12, 2023
All these lies and trouble to go to a country where you're likely to die just because you want some groceries. Good luck

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by dareyking(m): 2:55pm On Aug 12, 2023
angry
Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by Winters23: 2:55pm On Aug 12, 2023
grin

Anything to escape from the animal kingdom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by Discountsempai: 2:55pm On Aug 12, 2023
“In accordance to our traditional code of conduct, your son has committed an offence under Section 2, Paragraph C, which states that: Any citizen of this community, found practising homosexuality, bisexual, trans-gender, or any other related sexual act, must be subjected to public execution. Your son was caught practising this act, and apprehended, detained for public execution, but he escaped. Henceforth, his mother, and five other members of his family, have immediately been banished, and ordered to leave the community, until your son surrenders himself, for[b] ‘public execution’.”[/b]

Scam format... cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by raskymonojendor: 2:55pm On Aug 12, 2023
Lol
Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by RajahBaltazar: 2:55pm On Aug 12, 2023
Nigerians looking to leave Nigeria tell all sorts of lies at the embassy of their desired country. That country will use those lies to extrapolate data that paints Nigeria worse than it is. More Nigerians will see that country's report on the country and will desperately try to leave the country so they conjure even worse lies.
An endless cycle that will probably not be broken any time soon. Nigeria is not as bad as you are made to believe. Whatever obtains in this country obtains everywhere.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by oluxy(m): 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2023
essentialone:
The US and Canada are often sympathetic to asylum applicants claiming to be fleeing their home countries due to sexual orientations. Hence, Nigerians, who claim to be gay, lie and present fake documentation to US authorities, to create a false impression that they fled Nigeria, to avoid “public execution” because of their sexual orientation.

LETTER TO USA EMBASSY, TO SEEK FOR ASSYLUM (FAKE LETTER)

“I am gay, and I fled Nigeria, to avoid “public execution”, because of my sexual orientation. I was caught having sex with my boyfriend in a hotel. A waiter who wanted to serve me breakfast in my hotel room, had opened the door without knocking, and caught me having sex with a man. The waiter screamed and called hotel security, which detained us, and called a local ‘community security’ group, to report the incident. The security group tied me and my boyfriend, by our hands and legs, threatened to kill us for committing an ‘abomination,’ and took us away. For the next 6 hours, the group beat us with sticks, and metal rods, spit on us, threw sand in our eyes, and yelled anti-gay slurs. The beating caused me to bleed, and eventually scar. I was taken to a detention centre, from which I escaped. I then travelled to a distant town, where I was treated for my injuries at a hospital, with the help of a stranger. After recovering, I contacted my mother, who told me that the Nigerian police, had come looking for me at my home. She also told me that the leaders of my village had asked her to turn me in, because I had committed an abomination, and should be put to death. My mother met me at a bus stop the next day, gave me clothes and money, and told me to flee. I then got visa and travelled to the United States. Based on the Convention Against Torture, which the USA is a signatory to, my life would be at risk, if I am sent back to Nigeria, so I am applying for and requesting that you grant me permanent asylum in the United States of America.”

Below is a transcript of the notice for Public Execution of me, that was written by the “Council of Traditional Rulers” of my local community, back there in Nigeria, and which was sent to my mother and other family:

“In accordance to our traditional code of conduct, your son has committed an offence under Section 2, Paragraph C, which states that: Any citizen of this community, found practising homosexuality, bisexual, trans-gender, or any other related sexual act, must be subjected to public execution. Your son was caught practising this act, and apprehended, detained for public execution, but he escaped. Henceforth, his mother, and five other members of his family, have immediately been banished, and ordered to leave the community, until your son surrenders himself, for ‘public execution’.”

Signed,

Council of Traditional Rulers

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/investigationspecial-reports/613012-investigation-how-desperate-nigerian-seeking-asylum-lied-to-america.html

Since 1960, how leaders has been lieing to us even till now. Recently, senators said they are feeling themselves the heat of the subsidy but on the national televised forum, some amount of token was said to have been sent to Thier account for holidays.
If I have my way, let me lie to live in a country where my kids don't need to suffer.

7 Likes

Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by Discountsempai: 2:57pm On Aug 12, 2023
Best way to get out of the country...don't lie, write professional exams, go through the student route, etc etc.

Don't tell us stories about how you ran away because your mother who lives in edo was being forced to marry you off to a man who lives in kannno.

wittywriter:
SMH
Wittyness

Oga, did I tell you that you should not go to America? Why is my comment paining you so? cheesy

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by wittywriter: 2:57pm On Aug 12, 2023
SMH
Discountsempai:
Best way to get out of the country...don't lie, write professional exams, go through the student route, etc etc.

Don't tell us stories about how you ran away because your mother who lives in edo was being forced to marry you off to a man who lives in kannno.
oluxy:

Since 1960, how leaders has been lieing to us even till now. Recently, senators said they are feeling themselves the heat of the subsidy but on the national televised forum, some amount of token was said to have been sent to Thier account for holidays.
If I have my way, let me lie to live in a country where my kids don't need to suffer.

Discountsempai:

cheesy

I know many people who did it the way I said...and are enjoying life abroad, with no fear of the immigration coming to mess them up.

Always tell the truth...when dealing with them immigration people. Above all things, tell them the truth.

I once watched one program where a Nigerian was applying for visa to the UK. He told them the truth...including that he had been deported from the same UK ten years ago. He got his visa approved.

Discountsempai:

If you want to go abroad, I am not stopping you.

So, always tell the truth and do it legally, to avoid stories that touch. grin

Monaboo:
I was in a virtual job interview 2 weeks ago with some professionals in a very big international company at Ikoyi, Lagos.

Then a lady in the panel seemed to like me.

The lady kept saying I was goodlooking and also was complimenting my smile throughout.

Then one of the guys asked me

"Which country would u love to travel to?"

I took a while and then said "America".

Then the lady said playfully "There is nothing in America".

The man was just smiling.

After the interview, I then said to myself

"Is only people who have lived in a particular country for years and come back will say there is nothing in that country".

But I beg to differ.

Could it be true? Is there really nothing in America?
Wittyness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos: Car Falls Into Gutter At Dopemu Bus Stop Lagos / Woman Narrates How A Kind Uber Driver Saved Her And Her Boyfriend / Foreign Airlines Reject Kaduna Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.