Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries (25971 Views)

50% Of Nigerians Seeking Asylum In Belgium Are From Edo, Lagos’ / Onyeama: We Don’t Have Resources To Bring Back All Nigerians Seeking To Return / Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by megastu(m): 6:20pm On Aug 12, 2023
These kind people na dey cast their own relations. What of people that are genuinely persecuted? He just dey post wetin no make sense.
Emeskhalifa:

Help me ask ooo
Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by ovieigho(m): 6:20pm On Aug 12, 2023
TheEnforcer:
Due to backlogs and covid they are waving interviews but your case has to be super solid!
exactly!
They spot super-solid cases

If they are not sure yet about the persons involved they just give ( EAD) work permits….
They don’t mind renewing EAD 4times or more

They won’t give green outright

1 Like

Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by AskNgige2: 6:22pm On Aug 12, 2023
slowice:
I need find American babe marry because escaping tilumbu is a thing now

What if that thing pursuing you dies b4 u leave?
Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by Olufemiolaolu(m): 6:52pm On Aug 12, 2023
Naa wa ooo cheesy
Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by slowice(m): 7:20pm On Aug 12, 2023
AskNgige2:

What if that thing pursuing you dies b4 u leave?

Wahala abeg I no wish anybody death. Na God hand everything dey undecided
Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by thunderbabs: 8:30pm On Aug 12, 2023
Why una dey cast japa strategies na.. this post no make sense here oo. Because they denied you na, you wan spoil other pple runs abi?
Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by AskNgige2: 10:22pm On Aug 12, 2023
slowice:

Wahala abeg I no wish anybody death. Na God hand everything dey undecided

But evil that men do live after em...

1 Like

Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by slowice(m): 10:26pm On Aug 12, 2023
AskNgige2:

But evil that men do live after em...

Iseee
Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by optimusprime2(m): 10:27pm On Aug 12, 2023
That method don cast sha...
They are expressly denying especially Nigerians... Especially Canada.
Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by Voicetoday: 10:36pm On Aug 12, 2023
Seyi Vibez and Shallipopi Celebrate at Back Stage after Performance and Successful O2 Indigo Concert

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2bNW6eTBws
Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by ednut1(m): 2:36am On Aug 13, 2023
TheEnforcer:
in 2019 during the Trump era,a lot of Nigerians crossed the New York border in upstate New York to Canada. These are Nigerians who have been living in the US illegally for some time and Trump had threatened to deport them.I thought most of them were granted Asylum
https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/canada-rejects-707-of-nigerian-asylum-seekers-who-crossed-borders/60kwbjs.amp
Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by AllenSpencer: 2:51am On Aug 13, 2023
megastu:
These kind people na dey cast their own relations. What of people that are genuinely persecuted? He just dey post wetin no make sense.

So you feel USCIS does not know those plays? Hello! They know everything! I mean everything! They only find loopholes to deny you!

Let me say that, they no you are telling lies, but your lie is good.

People have done 2x4 and it succeeded. Do you feel USCIS is so foolish not to know that kind of obvious play?

Even your identity as a Nigerian already tells them you are coming to lie! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by kamalbob(m): 6:04am On Aug 13, 2023
ednut1:
Gay/ lesbian
Female genital mutilation
Boko haram/ bandit
Religious conversion
Ogboni/ family occult initiation
😆
Majority of the Nigerians who claimed asylum in Canada between 2017 to 2020 were denied. Many are awaiting deportation, some are hustling for money to do arrangee marriage. Last last it is well

Ipob and ritualists as well
Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by TheFacelessMan: 10:01am On Aug 13, 2023
Unfortunately this wouldn't happen...

But if you claim asylum because of gay persecution, you should be forced to live with fagg0ts for the first 20 years in America. No heterosexual relationships all through grin
Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by starlingbawa(m): 10:06am On Aug 13, 2023
Omoawoke:

Nigerians will use over sabi to cause problems for others. They will soon enter twitter and be posting rubbish till they block chances for people

Indians and Chinese are doing times 10 of whatever Nigerians do yet they don’t make noise

God bless you for this write up. I doubt the fools will listen though!!!
I'm guessing they're just bitter because their visa applications was rejected as such they want to spoil it for others by acting the same way that Nigerian fool did with the interview in the UK...
Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by starlingbawa(m): 10:09am On Aug 13, 2023
akpota:

Contract marriage finished my friend in US.
I would rather go through school route.

Your friend got it wrong doesn't mean it's all gloomy for others. He was just unfortunate...
Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by starlingbawa(m): 10:25am On Aug 13, 2023
AllenSpencer:

You could be a citizen, it still doesn’t stop you from being a JJC, cos you don’t have an idea about plays around you.

I could easily deduct from your statement. You know little about what happens around you.

I've got to agree nonetheless!!!
Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by starlingbawa(m): 10:26am On Aug 13, 2023
Pakman:
As long as the west meddles and keeps Africa underdeveloped, they will forever be disturbed by the drove of immigration from Africa.

Well said!!!

1 Like

Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by Originalsly: 12:30pm On Aug 13, 2023
Discountsempai:

cheesy

I know many people who did it the way I said...and are enjoying life abroad, with no fear of the immigration coming to mess them up.

Always tell the truth...when dealing with them immigration people. Above all things, tell them the truth.

I once watched one program where a Nigerian was applying for visa to the UK. He told them the truth...including that he had been deported from the same UK ten years ago. He got his visa approved.

I watched a documentary on the US visa officers and how they make decisions on granting visas. I was surprised to learn that they are not mere clerks taking the applicant through a routine question and answer checklist. They are trained in psychology.... to read minds ... to read gestures ... to recognize nervousness ... and a whole lot of stuff that will answer one question.... is the applicant likely to return? For instance... if asked " do you know anyone in the US? ... the instant answer should be yes/no ... and if followed by what is the relationship? ... the response should be instant. If there is hesitation .... red flags are up .... it is not something you need to think about. If one is telling the truth... then whatever question is posed the response will be instant. What is your name? .... how old are you? ... what year were you born?.... you can't answer instantly... the interview been already over and visa denied. If one tells the truth ... to you it may not be what you think they want to hear ....it will give you a better chance of having a visa than if you lie or show up with crammed answers.

1 Like

Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by essentialone(m): 8:02pm On Aug 13, 2023
Originalsly:

I watched a documentary on the US visa officers and how they make decisions on granting visas. I was surprised to learn that they are not mere clerks taking the applicant through a routine question and answer checklist. They are trained in psychology.... to read minds ... to read gestures ... to recognize nervousness ... and a whole lot of stuff that will answer one question.... is the applicant likely to return? For instance... if asked " do you know anyone in the US? ... the instant answer should be yes/no ... and if followed by what is the relationship? ... the response should be instant. If there is hesitation .... red flags are up .... it is not something you need to think about. If one is telling the truth... then whatever question is posed the response will be instant. What is your name? .... how old are you? ... what year were you born?.... you can't answer instantly... the interview been already over and visa denied. If one tells the truth ... to you it may not be what you think they want to hear ....it will give you a better chance of having a visa than if you lie or show up with crammed answers.

True?
Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by RALPHOW(m): 10:44pm On Aug 13, 2023
Guys, just pray that God bless your hustling.
No place like Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries by essentialone(m): 4:36pm On Aug 14, 2023
RALPHOW:
Guys, just pray that God bless your hustling.
No place like Nigeria.

Dey play

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dangote Truck Accident In Zambia Kills 8 On The Spot, Others Injured... Photos / Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story / Awka-Onitsha Expressway Collapses, Commuters, Motorists Stranded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.