Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,211 members, 7,829,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) (30343 Views)

Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2021) / Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2019) / Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) by naptu2: 6:00am On Aug 12, 2023
North-Eastern State flag (1967-1975)

Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) by naptu2: 6:00am On Aug 12, 2023
Foreign countries 1
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) by naptu2: 6:01am On Aug 12, 2023
Foreign countries 2
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) by armadeo(m): 11:40am On Aug 12, 2023
Omo. What a long thread and you're not even done yet. Nice one.
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) by BoldBrainz(m): 4:43pm On Aug 12, 2023
This is no longer a thread.

This is a Bsc project document.

6 Likes

Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) by Omoawoke: 4:48pm On Aug 12, 2023
naptu2:
Picture 1: Current Ogun State logo (2016-present)

Picture 2: Current Ogun State flag (2019-present)

Ogun State anthem
(Composed by Chief Dayo Dedeke in 1976 and adopted as the Ogun State anthem in 1979)

Ise ya a
Ise ya a a
Ise ya a a
Omo Ogun ise ya a
Olodumare ise ma ya o e e
Ise ya

Enyin omo Ogun e se giri
Ise po fun wa lati se e e
Omo rere ki isa se e
Omo Ogun ki i s’o le e
Ebere gb’eru o o
Olorun mbe fun wa
E tera mose o oIse ya
Omo Ogun ise ya a.

Ogun State anthem performed by stars from Ogun State like Ebenezer Obey, Dayo D1 Adeneye, Adewale Ayuba, Sir Shina Peters, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx6JT9YxQOg

Picture 3: Former Governor Ibikunle Amosun with the former Ogun State flag.

Picture 4: Former Governor Amosun with the former Chief of General Staff, General Oladipo Diya. Behind them is the Ogun State logo

Yoruba emphasizes so much on hard work. Every folklore, tales, proverbs, stories are all about working hard. And some deranged people from one part they say sun use to rise will open their smelly akpu mouth to say Yorubas are lazy.
The evidence of hard work of Yoruba people is obvious in the southwest region being the most progressive region in the country. And the Yorubas being the most successful tribe

2 Likes

Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) by Lovelife433(m): 4:51pm On Aug 12, 2023
Rubbish
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) by Bobbiee: 4:52pm On Aug 12, 2023
naptu2:
11) Kwara State

Picture 1: Kwara State flag (1967-1975)

Picture 2: Kwara State logo (2012-present)

The green element and livestock stand for our commitment to agriculture, while there are other elements that explained our links with the north and the south.

“As a state, Kwara is strategically located as a link between the north and the south. As such, we stand a better place for economic transformation of the country,”

Picture 3: Kwara State Government logo.

Picture 5: You can see the Kwara State logo behind former governor Abdulfatah Ahmed.

You didn't go in depth on this logo of the Kwara. Especially the Hausa/Fulani logo which is common with all Hausa territories. That logo symbolizes that Kwara is Fulani land grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) by Calabar1stSon: 4:54pm On Aug 12, 2023
Potholes need to be added to Ogun State's flag. One of the State with high number of bad roads ever.

The bad roads dey finish my fuel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) by Chikeluba25(m): 4:58pm On Aug 12, 2023
Anambra State Anthem for me.

Lift the Spirit of Anambra

2 Likes

Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) by Ttipsy(f): 5:03pm On Aug 12, 2023
Until we have a clear constitution defining exclusive and concurrent list functions
Then we have states in Nigeria for now we have federal local governments
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) by Ttipsy(f): 5:06pm On Aug 12, 2023
Lovelife433:
Rubbish
I laugh when they call states

Maybe we should learn from that USA since we want a state format

1 Like

Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) by spy24(m): 5:08pm On Aug 12, 2023
I like that zamfara coat of arm
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) by Chucks13: 5:09pm On Aug 12, 2023
It's being long I see sensible and informative post like this. Nice one, thanks to the OP.

1 Like

Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) by KennethEnyi(m): 5:19pm On Aug 12, 2023
Useless country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) by slowice(m): 5:48pm On Aug 12, 2023
Kwara made it very obvious that fulani haff seize it
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) by BabaIbo: 6:15pm On Aug 12, 2023
naptu2:
23) Imo State

Picture 1: Imo State Government logo

Picture 3: Rochas Okorocha @GovernorRochas

https://mobile.twitter.com/GovernorRochas/status/638367772578344961?p=v

That tweet doesn't exist again. I would have done something good, nice and outstanding for them for free.

Well, let me reserve it till I can use my power to authorize it as the state's logo with ease.
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) by Broveens42(m): 6:16pm On Aug 12, 2023
I knew imo's own will be matured.
See primary school logo everywhere grin

Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) by sylve11: 6:16pm On Aug 12, 2023
@op, nice one. cool
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) by NLegendforte: 6:19pm On Aug 12, 2023
I am from Anambra but I found Abia state logo superb. Quite beautiful and creative
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) by YouAreNobody: 6:50pm On Aug 12, 2023
naptu2:
18) Ondo State

Picture 1: Ondo State flag.

Picture 2: Ondo State logo.

Governor Rotimi Akeredolu has ordered the compulsory recitation of the Ondo State Anthem in schools and at state occasions. Here is a video of the Ondo State Executive Council singing the anthem before one of their meetings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aACoDAEMw-Q

Picture 3: You can see the Ondo State logo behind Governor Akeredolu.

I love Ondo State logo
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) by HORLADY(m): 7:17pm On Aug 12, 2023
Ekiti is very hawt like beautiful bride
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) by Goodlady(f): 7:32pm On Aug 12, 2023
naptu2:
Picture 1: Current Ogun State logo (2016-present)

Picture 2: Current Ogun State flag (2019-present)

Ogun State anthem
(Composed by Chief Dayo Dedeke in 1976 and adopted as the Ogun State anthem in 1979)

Ise ya a
Ise ya a a
Ise ya a a
Omo Ogun ise ya a
Olodumare ise ma ya o e e
Ise ya

Enyin omo Ogun e se giri
Ise po fun wa lati se e e
Omo rere ki isa se e
Omo Ogun ki i s’o le e
Ebere gb’eru o o
Olorun mbe fun wa
E tera mose o oIse ya
Omo Ogun ise ya a.

Ogun State anthem performed by stars from Ogun State like Ebenezer Obey, Dayo D1 Adeneye, Adewale Ayuba, Sir Shina Peters, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx6JT9YxQOg

Picture 3: Former Governor Ibikunle Amosun with the former Ogun State flag.

Picture 4: Former Governor Amosun with the former Chief of General Staff, General Oladipo Diya. Behind them is the Ogun State logo
This is the sweetest anthem o

1 Like

Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) by Papagoodness: 8:04pm On Aug 12, 2023
Kogi is always exempted. Are we just cursed?

1 Like

Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) by NACE13: 8:10pm On Aug 12, 2023
Ondo state's logo is simple, yet the most beautiful. I hate when designers suffocate a logo with different objects because they want to tell stories. smiley

Just from Ondo state's logo, you can tell what the state represents and even its motto.
I like the idea behind Cross River's logo but I don't get why it was rejected.
Logos are meant to be simple, easy to understand, interprete and print.
How many of those logos can easily be printed without use of machines?

I also kinda like Kogi State. The rest were trying too hard. My take
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) by Babtunz: 8:11pm On Aug 12, 2023
Wtf is with the Cross River logo? Looks like it's designed by one of those #3k designers.

Zamfara has the best logo for me.
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) by Demore1848: 9:07pm On Aug 12, 2023
This is educative enough.👍👍

More grease to your elbow 💪💪
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2023) by Justiceleague1: 9:16pm On Aug 12, 2023
naptu2:
21) Edo State

Picture 1: Edo State Government logo.

Picture 2: You can see the Edo State Government logo behind Governor Obaseki.

Picture 3: This (below) was the coat of arms of Oba Akenzua II. Some people have advocated that it should be adopted as the coat of arms of Edo State. It has not been adopted by the Edo State Government.

This coat of arms has elements that were taken from other coats of arms. The red eagle and the green and white band on which it rests are taken from the Nigerian coat of arms. The elephant on the right is taken from the Western Region coat of arms (Benin was once part of the Western Region), the leopard on the left is taken from the coat of arms of the Eastern Region (but this leopard is more menacing than the leopard in the Eastern Region coat of arms) and the motto at the base of the coat of arms which reads, “My God. My Right”, is taken from the British coat of arms (it is rendered in Latin, “Dieu et mon droit”, on the British coat of arms). The two swords (eben and ada) are royal swords from Bini culture.

Picture 4: Some people have also advocated that this (below) should be adopted as the Edo State flag.
#EdoNiMose

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video: Soldiers Scramble For Water As Relief Materials Finally Arrive Sambisa / LIVE: NBM Of Africa 43rd National Convention & 16th Annual Lecture / Wives Of Southern Governors Visit Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.