Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Python 100 Days Of Coding Challenge - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Python 100 Days Of Coding Challenge (493 Views)

A "Senior" Software Developer Could Not Solve This Coding Challenge, Can You? / A 30 Day Coding Challenge (Python) For BEGINNERS / After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Python 100 Days Of Coding Challenge by RICHMAN247(m): 5:10am On Aug 12, 2023
#100daysofcodechallenge .

Hello, Python friends and coding Colleagues!

I'm very pleased to start the 100 Days of Code Challenge and commit myself to studying Python. The primary purpose of this challenge is to spend the next 100 days improving my Python abilities, understanding its vast potential, and applying them to interesting projects.

You may be asking why Python was chosen. Python, on the other hand, has always intrigued me with its attractiveness, readability, and versatility. Python looks to be capable of web development, data analysis, machine learning, and automation. And what better way to truly comprehend its magnitude than to totally commit to it for the next 100 days?

Challenge Objectives

I have a few major objectives in mind for this challenge:

Deep Dive into Python: I want to learn everything that there is to learn regarding Python, from variables and data structures to functions, classes, and everything in between. Understanding these foundations will set the stage for more sophisticated initiatives.

Projects Abound: I intend to work on a range of projects, each of which will challenge my Python abilities. I'm thrilled to put everything I've learned to use, from simple command-line utilities to online apps and even some rudimentary games.

Problem Solving: I'll be working on coding challenges and algorithms on a regular basis. Improving my problem-solving talents will benefit not only my Python skills but also my entire programming expertise.

Sharing Daily Progress: I'll be sharing my daily progress, observations, and code snippets via social media and coding groups. This accountability will keep me motivated and connected to other students.

Resources for Learning: To broaden my expertise, I'll look at online lessons, classes, and documents. Your suggestions and ideas are much appreciated!

What You Can Expect

You may expect to see the following as I begin my Python coding journey:

Code Snippets: I'll post code snippets that showcase topics I've learnt or problems I've solved.

Updates on projects I'm working on, demonstrating how Python is used to tackle real-world challenges.

Personal observations on my growth, breakthroughs, and even obstacles encountered.

Tips and Tricks: I'll share any Python tips and tricks I come across along the road, assisting fellow students on their own adventures.

Thank you for joining me on this 100-day Python adventure. Your encouragement, feedback, and friendship mean everything to me. Let's embrace Python's potential together and make the most of these 100 days of coding magic!

2 Likes

Re: Python 100 Days Of Coding Challenge by RICHMAN247(m): 9:27am On Aug 12, 2023
Day 1/100
#100daysofcodechallenge

In today’s class I learnt print() statement, variable, input() function , comment and string concatenation. I also went ahead to solve some challenges which I will share with you at the end.

Defining each terms:
print() statement: Print statement prints messages to the screen. e.g to print out “Hello World” as on output, this can be achieved using the print statement print(). print(“Hello World?”).
Variable : Variable are containers for storing data values. When we assign an object to a variable ,we can easily retrive the object simply by referring to the variable name.
Input() function: Input function is a prompt that tells the user what to do.
Comment: It explains what a particular line of code is all about. Comment does not print to the console.
String: String in python refers to connected characters
String concatenation: This refers to taking separate strings of characters and merging them into one.

Exercise 1:
Program that print the number of a character in any user’s name

name = input("What is your name? "wink
name2 = len(name)
print("Your name has " + str(name2) + " Characters"wink

Output
program that counts the number of characters in any user's name
What is your name? Mike
Your name has 4 Characters

Exercise 2:
Program that switches the values stored in the variables a&b

x=50
y=20

x = x+y
y= x-y
x=x-y
print("x: " + str(x))
print("y: " + str(y))

output
x: 20
y: 50
Re: Python 100 Days Of Coding Challenge by rossperry: 6:22pm On Aug 12, 2023
I recalled that you had considered pursuing IT-related training. Functions in Python https://diveintopython.org/learn/functions start with the webpage, if you can, in my opinion. For those just starting off, it is an excellent resource. Every day, IT gains more significance, and having expertise in this area may help you in a variety of ways. As you take this new step, good luck!

1 Like

Re: Python 100 Days Of Coding Challenge by juitar(m): 8:21am On Aug 14, 2023
Following! Weldone guy

1 Like

Re: Python 100 Days Of Coding Challenge by RICHMAN247(m): 5:21am On Aug 19, 2023
Day2:

On Day2 of my 100 days of python programming , I learnt about.
*Data types
*Numbers
*Operations
*Type Conversion
*f-strings

Day3/100:
In today's class I learnt about python
*conditional statements
* logical operators
*scope blocks and scope.
I was able to use conditional statements with logical operators to create a simple project.
At the end I made a simple Program that interprets the Body Mass Index (BMI) based on a user's weight and height.

1 Like

Re: Python 100 Days Of Coding Challenge by RICHMAN247(m): 5:22am On Aug 19, 2023
Day 4:
In today's class I learnt about python
Randomization and python list.

I was able to build a rock paper scissors game
In order to tap into random module we first have to import it “import random”

What i learnt:
I learnt how to generate integers random numbers
How to generate float numbers
list (A set of square brackets with many items stored inside) items can be any data type.

1 Like

Re: Python 100 Days Of Coding Challenge by RICHMAN247(m): 5:33am On Aug 23, 2023
Day 5/100:
In today's class I learnt about python loops. I did a project on password generators(Thou ,i didn't really understood what i was doing)
Loops allow you to execute the same line of code multiple times.

I did two exercises on finding average heights from lists of heights
Program to find the average heights
Program to find the highest number.
It was an interesting class that I believe will keep getting better.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sincerely Not Sure I Can Still Continue... / To Learn How To Operate Msword / Earn Money From Your Web With Admob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.