Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action (38057 Views)

Tinubu To Mali, B'Faso, Niger: Re-consider Your Decision, ECOWAS not your enemy / Niger Coup: Russia Opposes Military Action, Won’t Deploy Troops – Ambassador / Niger: Coupists Seek Russia’s Help As ECOWAS Mulls Military Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by Weathered: 9:08am On Aug 12, 2023
nickyvil:

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-66478430
Russia has Ukraine to deal with as her mythical military invincibility has been demystified.

Only backward Africa looks up to Russia.
Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by Ogene001: 9:11am On Aug 12, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Abi nah.

Despite Wagner mercenaries in Mali, Jihadists and terrorists have taken over half of Mali. I wonder which Sahel country is next. Most likely Niger republic.
If you check the map you will see that the rebels only operate on an empty desert
Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by israelmao(m): 9:11am On Aug 12, 2023
Russia's warning is enough to send danger signals to African nations which about participating in military action,they should know that whatever the west is in support Russia is likely to move against it.The interest is beyond the Africa it involves rival superpowers.
Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by RosyIsBlessed: 9:12am On Aug 12, 2023
nickyvil:
No country is small and can easily be defeated in a war because there will be an ally, Now I'm beginning to believe the next proxy war between Russia and western/USA will be fought in west Africa if our leaders are not careful and this will destabilized the west Africa and most Africa countries.

I've had same thought for a long while too even before now, because of the way our leaders greatly fraternize with the West.
Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by igbosarejews(m): 9:15am On Aug 12, 2023
vowiski:

Struggling in Ukraine ?

You watch too much western propaganda western news…

If Putin wants to blow up the entire Ukraine in one day he can surely do it …

You don’t know they were USSR before ? It’s like killing his own people if he decides to use brute force…

It would have been different if Putin was fighting against some western or Asian countries …
Oga na lie. Apart from nuclear weapon what else. Russia is second military in Ukraine and not the world. Mind you that some of those nuclear weapons once belonged to Ukrainians, before they were transferred to Russia under peace agreement.
Russia is nothing, if the zóô called Nigeria was a better country, they will beat Russia hands down.

1 Like

Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by RosyIsBlessed: 9:16am On Aug 12, 2023
Anything US supports, Russia is ready to oppose. African leaders when will y'all learn?
Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by MySolace: 9:16am On Aug 12, 2023
AllenSpencer:

Nigeria has an interest to protect also. We have a gas pipeline Harding to Europe and Russia cannot be using Niger has a blockade!

War is not new to humanity, it has always been that way and will continue to be that way. Let’s teach Niger a lesson.
Lavish talker!
"Let's teach Niger a lesson" ...are u a soldier? Can u handle a gun? Wots gonna b ur contribution in d quest? Wagging mouth in faceless forum?
Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by RosyIsBlessed: 9:19am On Aug 12, 2023
Revolution2022:
Like I have stated, African democracy is different from USA.US don't use thugs to snatch ballot boxes.US presidential candidates don't bribe presidential candidates don't bribe the electorate for votes.USA presidential candidates don't bribe the electoral body to announce results for their favour.Lastly,USA presidential candidates don't share packs of rice and ororo for votes.

US is corrupt than you imagined.
Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by nickyvil: 9:21am On Aug 12, 2023
I don't think your updated with what's going on in Ukraine, I'm not in support of the war going on there but Russia talks and act, Russia said she might advance if peace talk is not an option which she is already advancing in kharkiv region. Ukraine is disappointed that Isreal is pro Russian and Ukraine counter failed and still failing. Only one country blocked access to black sea, Wagner are in Belarus, Poland and Lituania are all afraid beefing up their security screaming everyday, getting scared and your here telling me Russian army are be demystified.

Weathered:
Russia has Ukraine to deal with as her mythical military invincibility has been demystified.

Only backward Africa looks up to Russia.

Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by jaephoenix(m): 9:22am On Aug 12, 2023
vowiski:

Struggling in Ukraine ?

You don’t know they were USSR before ? It’s like killing his own people if he decides to use brute force…

It would have been different if Putin was fighting against some western or Asian countries …
This excuse is the excuse of the year. So you mean Russia decided to be let its generals and citizens die everyday in Ukraine because it loves Ukraine? Wow wow wow grin
Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by igbosarejews(m): 9:25am On Aug 12, 2023
mamaafrik:
At this point I think it is needed that Russia itself openly come out to support Niger, not only with words.
The European countries and their Western allies need to see Putin releasing like 3_5 Nuclear submarines from Moscow heading towards West Africa and European coasts,standing on standby ready for action.
only this singular move of releasing nuclear-armed submarine even if it is just two to the west African Coast targeting i Lagos and Abuja and two release through the Strait of Europe aiming European cities will stop and silence the war cry from the west .

Also this will stop the nonsense Confrontation that Nigeria and ECOWAS are Wailing on Niger.
Just like what was done to support Cuba then and aiming towards Berlin,Paris,London,Lagos and Abuja,they won't dare attack Niger.
they say a stitch in time saves nine, Russia need to stop being discrete,they need to do it openly and send strong signal and message to the west if they truly want Brics nation to see that they have a good ally and i an very sure no Nigerian will want a Nuclear armed submarine apapa aiming towards Lagos and Abuja and no European want submarines very close to their seas aiming towards maybe Germany and Switzerland .
their country Representatives in the Parliament Will wake up against the war move and silence these their greedy leaders.
Oga as you MUMU reach.
Na only Putin go dey throw him own nuclear weapons while those countries you mentioned, will be crying and clapping for him without retaliation, because na only him get nuclear weapons.
Some of una Mumu Sha. Mind you one there's nuclear war, even you góat capping this nonsense will be affected. do you know what is radiation cloud.

1 Like

Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by Tochj(m): 9:25am On Aug 12, 2023
AllenSpencer:
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Same Russia that is still struggling in Ukraine 🤣🤣🤣

Putin should be thinking of how to revive the Ruble as it keeps tanking against the dollar! Economy in ruins, and still wants to delve into issues that’s none of his business!

It’s good at some point! May be that will finally nail his coffin and make Russians revolt!
Cry ur cry oga
Dollar is now 1k and you are crying for Russia.
Tinubu is a disaster
Going to war when ur Economy is in shambles
When you have not secured ur citizens..
Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by Beigalodesigns(m): 9:27am On Aug 12, 2023
Xkale1996:
struggling how
Mumu read better news u say no

Na BBC CNN aljazeera, France 24 u dey go watch
Dem go dey tell u lies
U go carry ur big mouth dey spit rubbish

Noted... So which one should we be watching since all of them are lying to us
Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by escohido123: 9:27am On Aug 12, 2023
AllenSpencer:
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Putin should be thinking of how to revive the Ruble as it keeps tanking against the dollar! Economy in ruins, and still wants to delve into issues that’s none of his business!

It’s good at some point! May be that will finally nail his coffin and make Russians revolt!

I know say u don chop too much agbado days why u dey talk like this.
Dey play.
Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by Dzzzz: 9:28am On Aug 12, 2023
Am glad Russia is sending a message to Ecowas cause all of them are stupid..Now who wants to bite?.
Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:29am On Aug 12, 2023
AllenSpencer:
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Are you aware that the Russian economy for the very first time, according to world bank, is now the 5th biggest economy in the world replacing Germany which was the best in Europe?
Russia just sent a massive gigantic space jet into space heading for the moon costing billions of dollars to put up. Continue to believe at your own expense the propaganda that Russia is on the slide.
Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by igbosarejews(m): 9:29am On Aug 12, 2023
MichaelSokoto:
I don taya 4 everything!

I dey support Ukraine against Russia up north, but I dey support Russia/Niger against ECOWAS led by balablu!
undecided
My brother I'm in the same page with you.
I support Ukraine with my whole heart, but I support Niger to beat Nigeria and Ecowas

1 Like

Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by Kaiser20: 9:33am On Aug 12, 2023
AllenSpencer:
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Na waa for you take am easy, Russia is here to say alongside the USA and Europe.
USA and EEC can not stop them.
Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by CJStarz: 9:37am On Aug 12, 2023
I totally agree with you

vowiski:

Struggling in Ukraine ?

Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by CJStarz: 9:38am On Aug 12, 2023
Western support indeed. D one wey dem dey give Ukraine,how far ?
Dey play.

AllenSpencer:

We are not in a war on two fronts
We have western support!

It’s not expensive to go into war with Niger cos we share land boarders and Niger has small and incompetent military.
Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by blowjohn(m): 9:40am On Aug 12, 2023
Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by faebenezer5star: 9:40am On Aug 12, 2023
AllenSpencer:

We have western support!

It’s not expensive to go into war with Niger cos we share land boarders and Niger has small and incompetent military.
my brother that's what you think, everyone has woken up now before you think you will finish someone under one day you will be shocked how it will last. I believe no one plans a fight without weighing it cost . There's a proverb in my place ; suicide is not a thought of one day , it took days if not months of planning. Let tinubu try 😁

Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by nickyvil: 9:40am On Aug 12, 2023
Main problem we are having, now I'm believing if this west/USA exploiting us are using our resources to build their economy, ours will be paradise on earth if we have the right leader and right system.

RosyIsBlessed:

I've had same thought for a long while too even before now, because of the way our leaders greatly fraternize with the West.
Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by VEHINTOLAR: 9:41am On Aug 12, 2023
AllenSpencer:

We have western support!

In as much as I want those useless Nigerien military junta out of power immediately, I think Nigeria needs to tread with caution here. An all out war against Niger will cause a very serious internal Implosion in Nigeria which may lead to a civil war !

Let me explain : See,those seven Nigerian states in the North that share boundaries with the republic of Niger consist of a very large population of mostly illiterates who see no difference between themselves and the people of Niger. The reason for that is not far fetched though;those people share a very strong cultural and religious affinity with the Nigeriens. They see themselves as same people as the people of Niger. Former President Buhari is a typical example in this regard. There are actually,some Emirates in Nigeria that have territorial expansions to Niger republic and vise versa. An average Northerner sees any war declared against Niger republic as a war against northern Nigeria and interests !

Now,the problem : Tinubu is a Southerner and that makes the whole thing very dicey ! Some northern elements are already saying that Tinubu is hellbent on going to war with Niger because he knew it was northern Nigeria that would be largely affected ! They are already setting a very dangerous North versus South agenda ! Nobody should be surprised,I won't be anyway,if ecowas eventually declared a full blown war against Niger's military junta and Northerners start attacking southerners,especially Yorubas living in the North ! It would be a different thing if a Northerner was the President of Nigeria at this point in time. Does anyone think a key northern figure like Buhari will ever support a Nigerian led military invasion of Niger ? That's highly doubtful.

Tinubu needs to be very careful. He can use economic sanctions to subdue those crazy khaki boys in Niger. There is no way Niger republic can survive ecowas economic sanctions for six months. It is not possible. And more importantly,we can't afford to turn our region (west Africa sub region) to a battlefield of a proxy war between foreign imperialist powers ! There are so many examples around we can learn from - Syria, Libya,Afghanistan,Ukraine,Somalia,etc.
Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by Crafteck1: 9:41am On Aug 12, 2023
AllenSpencer:

We have western support!

Who are the we...
West doesn't give support, they lead people on into dependency
Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by Buliwyf: 9:42am On Aug 12, 2023
Guyman01:

Despite sanctions do you know that Russia is now the largest economy in Europe?

Some of you will just come online and be writing nonsense without thought. When did Russia become the largest economy in Europe? grin
Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by Weathered: 9:43am On Aug 12, 2023
nickyvil:
I don't think your updated with what's going on in Ukraine, I'm not in support of the war going on there but Russia talks and act, Russia said she might advance if peace talk is not an option which she is already advancing in kharkiv region. Ukraine is disappointed that Isreal is pro Russian and Ukraine counter failed and still failing. Only one country blocked access to black sea, Wagner are in Belarus, Poland and Lituania are all afraid beefing up their security screaming everyday, getting scared and your here telling me Russian army are be demystified.

you mean Russia has been advancing since over a year?
Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by Boldtrust(m): 9:44am On Aug 12, 2023
vowiski:

Struggling in Ukraine ?

Russia is so powerful and can blow Ukraine, huh? What is Russia doing in North Korea with their tails between their legs begging for ammunitions? Russia is the shame of 21st century. They like to talk tough, project some false power, but we all know they are socially, militarily and economically weak.
Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by Onyiiobi7735(m): 9:44am On Aug 12, 2023
grin grin If ECOWAS knows what is good for it,it should heed that warning,or else ICBMs and surface to air missiles would annihilate their military dispatching.
And BAT should do himself a favour by not trying anything stupid together with the senseless ECOWAS that's beginning to lose credibility before African nations.
Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by Jostoman: 9:45am On Aug 12, 2023
tuoyoojo:
Tilibu used as a puppet to do the bidding of the west

The north voted massively for him and they are going to be his first casualty of poor decision making

What was the use of the so called Muslim Muslim ticket

Niger and Nigeria would be the new Ukraine and Libya
he has been going against the west but just pretending and doing eyes service to deceive the gullible.
Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by Buliwyf: 9:45am On Aug 12, 2023
Kukutenla:

Why is US and France telling ecowas how to deal with a problem that doesn't concern ecowas?
It's West Africa now in Europe or Americas?
Putin is simply telling ecowas not to be pawns.
Besides, the Nigerien army have been warming up to Russia since the coup. All the protests have seen their citizens waving Russian flag so they have been invited by Niger

Ask yourself who is funding ECOWAS and giving them money. That should answer your question. As long as there is economic problem in ECOWAS and all the countries including Nigeria are in debt, their creditors and potential benefactors will dictate the tune.
Re: Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action by Offpointng: 9:46am On Aug 12, 2023
mamaafrik:
At this point I think it is needed that Russia itself openly come out to support Niger, not only with words.
The European countries and their Western allies need to see Putin releasing like 3_5 Nuclear submarines from Moscow heading towards West Africa and European coasts,standing on standby ready for action.
only this singular move of releasing nuclear-armed submarine even if it is just two to the west African Coast targeting i Lagos and Abuja and two release through the Strait of Europe aiming European cities will stop and silence the war cry from the west .

Also this will stop the nonsense Confrontation that Nigeria and ECOWAS are Wailing on Niger.
Just like what was done to support Cuba then and aiming towards Berlin,Paris,London,Lagos and Abuja,they won't dare attack Niger.
they say a stitch in time saves nine, Russia need to stop being discrete,they need to do it openly and send strong signal and message to the west if they truly want Brics nation to see that they have a good ally and i an very sure no Nigerian will want a Nuclear armed submarine apapa aiming towards Lagos and Abuja and no European want submarines very close to their seas aiming towards maybe Germany and Switzerland .
their country Representatives in the Parliament Will wake up against the war move and silence these their greedy leaders.

When suggesting something like this, Also suggest what Russia stand to gain. Funny enough you think Russia is that big to face all these countries you mentioned. No bro, doesn't work that way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

American Protests: Nancy Pelosi Calls Trump "Fanner Of The Flame" / Taliban Brutally Flog & Abduct Civilians In Afghanistan (Pix, Vid) / UK PM: Boris Johnson Expected To Make Shocking Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.