Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo (8925 Views)

Port Harcourt Is Ikwerre Land, Igbos Must Respect Themselves / Wike Is Ikwerre From Bini But Amaechi Is Igbo / What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by Kalvan: 2:14am On Aug 15, 2023
ChatterHouse:
Why are you this foolish

Ikwerre is Sub-igbo

Sub Igbo? Who are the ibos to say the Ikwerres are a mere cave-out of them? In other words, a lesser version of them?

We are Ikwerre-Ikwerre! You Biafrans better take note

3 Likes

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by Kalvan: 2:18am On Aug 15, 2023
As an Ikwerre man, I will say it is the hubris of ibos that cause their issues in Nigeria. An Ibo man will go to heaven, and try to lecture god on the creation of the earth. They think they're smarter and wiser than all men. Good for you, but your lack of humility and know it all attitude is why every group will continue to stymie you

3 Likes

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by Tranquill: 2:20am On Aug 15, 2023
Abagworo:
Those still in doubt about these issues should watch this video. The Ikwerre man said clearly he is Igbo but not Isoma but they and Isoma belong to a larger Igbo nation. During the civil war the federal forces in a bid to divide Igbos invaded their villages disguised as Biafran soldiers but they were able to apprehend some of them and they turned out to be Hausa speakers. He further stated clearly that they were forced at gunpoint to change their names and renounce being Igbo or get killed by the federal forces. He is not a politician but a Chief in Emohua so he got no gain or loss from saying the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZQXoR17xts

Oga carry your falsehood go siddon..
How could anyone renounce what never existed in the first place?

Even when Igbo people were running the Eastern regional government, Ikwerre never identified as Igbo.

During this period, Igbos had their Igbo town union while Ikwerre had Ogbakor Ikwerre.

Ikwerre was among the minority groups that made presentations to the British before independence and then to the federal and regional governments after independence, of their desire to have a separate region from the Igbo majority.

No Hausa people ever disguised as Igbo to attack Ikwerre villages. Intact, it was Igbos that brazenly invaded Ikwerre farmlands to disposes the original owners immediately Biafra was declared, claiming the land to be ‘biafraland’. Many of the invaders were known to the locals. Igbo people Killed and locked up many defenceless Ikwerre elites during the war and not Hausa so stop your fabricated lies right here.

3 Likes

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by Abagworo(m): 4:14am On Aug 15, 2023
Tranquill:

Oga carry your falsehood go siddon..
How could anyone renounce what never existed in the first place?

Even when Igbo people were running the Eastern regional government, Ikwerre never identified as Igbo.

During this period, Igbos had their Igbo town union while Ikwerre had Ogbakor Ikwerre.

Ikwerre was among the minority groups that made presentations to the British before independence and then to the federal and regional governments after independence, of their desire to have a separate region from the Igbo majority.

No Hausa people ever disguised as Igbo to attack Ikwerre villages. Intact, it was Igbos that brazenly invaded Ikwerre farmlands to disposes the original owners immediately Biafra was declared, claiming the land to be ‘biafraland’. Many of the invaders were known to the locals. Igbo people Killed and locked up many defenceless Ikwerre elites during the war and not Hausa so stop your fabricated lies right here.

There was no difference between Ikwerre and Igbo and there still isn't except through falsehood and propaganda. Ikwerre is part of Igbo like Ndoki, Egbema, Isoma and Etche so the difference is at subgroup level not at national level. If indeed you are Ikwerre then tell me the difference between Isoma, Etche, Oratta, Ndoki and Ikwerre.

As Igbos we have to wise up and defend our unity not bow to external pressure for sake of fear and convenience. As I grow older I get to understand the importance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by Whalis: 5:47am On Aug 15, 2023
Abagworo:

There was no difference between Ikwerre and Igbo and there still isn't except through falsehood and propaganda. Ikwerre is part of Igbo like Ndoki, Egbema, Isoma and Etche so the difference is at subgroup level not at national level. If indeed you are Ikwerre then tell me the difference between Isoma, Etche, Oratta, Ndoki and Ikwerre.

As Igbos we have to wise up and defend our unity not bow to external pressure for sake of fear and convenience. As I grow older I get to understand the importance
This Igbo you are hanging on people must be a very bad thing.

2 Likes

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by Tochj(m): 6:16am On Aug 15, 2023
Whalis:

Ikwerres have 5 market days and not four
Nothing like 5 market day
Ok you learnt very well from Lai ur mentor
Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by blaqoracle: 6:18am On Aug 15, 2023
ChatterHouse:
Why are you this foolish

Ikwerre is Sub-igbo
Desperate idiot. Have you come across anything like sub-english or sub-german.?
How the Igbos that claim to come from Israel continue to lay claim to ikwerre, who are very clear and emphatic about their origin.
Infact how can you continue to claim the same people, you accused of betraying during the civil war?

2 Likes

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by Whalis: 6:44am On Aug 15, 2023
Tochj:

Nothing like 5 market day
Ok you learnt very well from Lai ur mentor
This is why no tribes want anything with you people. When you people have soiled your tribes name you want someone that has street value to share in your identity God forbid.
I stand with the resolution of Ogbakor Ikwerre Convention that if any ethnic group is the other it is the Igbo which is a subgroup of the Ikwerres.

2 Likes

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by ggood: 7:03am On Aug 15, 2023
PortHarcourtcit:
For goodness sake, why is Ipob miscreants and the Igbos claiming that Ngozi kekwaru is Igbo, is it that no good thing can ever come from there except drug trafficking, baby factory and cannibalism? Why are they so shameless this days that they even want to still the spot light from Ikwerre people? For the information of the good people of one Nigeria, miss kekwaru Mary Ngozi is our daughter from Ikwerre land and not Igbo... 🇳🇬❤️🇳🇬
since Ijebu is Yoruba,she is Igbo abi Ngozi is a Yoruba name

1 Like

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by Tochj(m): 9:10am On Aug 15, 2023
Whalis:

This is why no tribes want anything with you people. When you people have soiled your tribes name you want someone that has street value to share in your identity God forbid.
I stand with the resolution of Ogbakor Ikwerre Convention that if any ethnic group is the other it is the Igbo which is a subgroup of the Ikwerres.
What is the 5 market days in ikwere
You are here talking like a drug addict?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by Abagworo(m): 9:27am On Aug 15, 2023
Tochj:

Recent creation not ancestral. I can even add one more to make it 6

1 Like

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by Tochj(m): 10:46am On Aug 15, 2023
Abagworo:

Recent creation not ancestral. I can even add one more to make it 6
Do you know what is market days at All?
We are talking about cultural market days and you are not ashamed of talking about business centers.
In our traditional settings, market days have links with our cultures.
In my place, you dare not get married on EKE market days.
Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by Whalis: 7:14pm On Aug 15, 2023
Tochj:

At least I belong to the ruling class unlike the Pandora idiot of your type .

1 Like

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by OnoVegasBlog: 4:29am On Sep 04, 2023
Whalis:

Bros igbos are surprisingly under reasoning.
Igbos and Ikwerres share some words. Igbos know that apart from words there is no other way of life they have in common with the Ikwerres. Igbos just as Ikwerre do not have any history of anytime togetherness with the Ikwerres. Igbos came to Port Harcourt and realised that some Ikwerre words are same with them and instead of seeing them as brothers prefer to own them. If I am your brother I am not you. We might have had same ancestry. No Ikwerre oral history has any information of Ikwerre ties with the Igbos. The only Igbos we know are the Aros and the Ngwas. The Ngwas were known as headhunters in Ikwerre land while the Aros were dubious with their long juju.

Please Ngwa is a distinct ethnic nationality.
Related to, but not Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by Whalis: 6:19am On Sep 04, 2023
OnoVegasBlog:

Please Ngwa is a distinct ethnic nationality.
Related to, but not Igbo.
This is another dimension.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Falling Naira Is A Blessing / NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike / Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.