Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,138 members, 7,835,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo (8924 Views)

Port Harcourt Is Ikwerre Land, Igbos Must Respect Themselves / Wike Is Ikwerre From Bini But Amaechi Is Igbo / What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by Whalis: 5:35am On Aug 13, 2023
ican2020:
Ngozi kekwaru is not Igbo says jobless folks
What is the meaning of Kekwaaru in Igbo?

2 Likes

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by Whalis: 5:45am On Aug 13, 2023
Abagworo:

What's the difference between Ikwerre and Igbo?
Ikwerres although smaller in number but claims to be of blue blood. Associating them with Igbos tend to provoke them. Another way of calling an Ikwerre man a bastard is to call him an Igbo man. I am Ikwerre and I know this.
Any Ikwerre man U call Nye Isoma can harm you if he has the opportunity. If you see Amaechi which igbos claim he is Igbo just call him Nye Isoma and see if you would leave with your skin intact.

4 Likes

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by EmiDon11: 5:45am On Aug 13, 2023
PortHarcourtcit:
shut up... OKORO wey don loss for sabongeri... Dey play... Make aboki no use you do better suya for there ooo
af0nja, no dey chuck mouth for igbo matter

2 Likes

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by Whalis: 5:55am On Aug 13, 2023
Abifarin16:

If my Parents named me George Bush doe it make me American?
Bros igbos are surprisingly under reasoning.
Igbos and Ikwerres share some words. Igbos know that apart from words there is no other way of life they have in common with the Ikwerres. Igbos just as Ikwerre do not have any history of anytime togetherness with the Ikwerres. Igbos came to Port Harcourt and realised that some Ikwerre words are same with them and instead of seeing them as brothers prefer to own them. If I am your brother I am not you. We might have had same ancestry. No Ikwerre oral history has any information of Ikwerre ties with the Igbos. The only Igbos we know are the Aros and the Ngwas. The Ngwas were known as headhunters in Ikwerre land while the Aros were dubious with their long juju.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by Whalis: 6:22am On Aug 13, 2023
Tochj:

British slavv, but someone from kwara and kogi is Yoruba but an ikwere is not Igbo?
If you like continue to deceive the few brainwashed idiat you can deceive.
He has the same Name
The same four market day
Nkwo Eke orie Afor but he's Bini
He is Ngozi or obinna but bini
He wears ukwu akwa and he is bini
But a Yoruba in Cotonou still know his root?
Na maaad de mad all of you.
Ikwerres have 5 market days and not four

2 Likes

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by CSTRR: 6:24am On Aug 13, 2023
Whalis:

She sings in Ikwerre and Igbo too. Although for wider acceptability just as Celine Dion had to learn English in other to reach out more to the people she Mercy also uses Igbos.
Bullshit.

There is nothing like she sings in Ikwerrre.

She sings in igbo language because that's her native language.

The Celine Dion analogy does not work here.

It was a Nigerian military politicians that created Rivers state, Abia state and the likes.

It was not God that did it.

How you can restrict a people into artificial States created very recently by a fellow Nigerian illiterate is funny.

The people that did the partition did it for political reasons.
There were not thinking about linguistic or ethnic accuracy when they did it.

It was not an accurate exercise and should not be used beyond the political administration purposes it was meant for.

3 Likes

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by toneroforever(m): 6:32am On Aug 13, 2023
PortHarcourtcit:
For goodness sake, why is Ipob miscreants and the Igbos claiming that Ngozi kekwaru is Igbo, is it that no good thing can ever come from there except drug trafficking, baby factory and cannibalism? Why are they so shameless this days that they even want to still the spot light from Ikwerre people? For the information of the good people of one Nigeria, miss kekwaru Mary Ngozi is our daughter from Ikwerre land and not Igbo... 🇳🇬❤️🇳🇬

Let's start from here, what's the meaning of Ngozi
Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by CSTRR: 6:41am On Aug 13, 2023
PortHarcourtcit:
For goodness sake, why is Ipob miscreants and the Igbos claiming that Ngozi kekwaru is Igbo, is it that no good thing can ever come from there except drug trafficking, baby factory and cannibalism? Why are they so shameless this days that they even want to still the spot light from Ikwerre people? For the information of the good people of one Nigeria, miss kekwaru Mary Ngozi is our daughter from Ikwerre land and not Igbo... 🇳🇬❤️🇳🇬
There is no ethnic group in Nigeria that has more highly accomplished men and women in every sphere of endeavor than the Igbo.

They have thousands of Ngozi kekwaru.
So that your argument is irrelevant.

Linguistic and ethnic accuracy is the point here.

If we are discussing politics, then yes, Rivers state is very distinct from the South east since it now belongs to the south South and for good reason.

But when it comes ethnic nations and linguistic accuracy, then that is a different ball game.

2 Likes

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by CSTRR: 6:46am On Aug 13, 2023
I am from Delta state, but some of my people were carved out into Edo State,where they are marginalized today.

So if we are discussing ethnicity and linguistic accuracy,I should forget my people in Edo state because one mad man in govt created the partition?

4 Likes

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by Ikaeniyan0: 6:48am On Aug 13, 2023
CSTRR:

Bullshit.

It was a Nigerian military politicians that created Rivers state, Abia state and the likes.

How you can restrict a people into artificial States created very recently by a fellow Nigerian illiterate is funny.

It was not an accurate exercise and should not be used beyond the political administration purposes it was meant for.

You claim you are from Delta state and you're arguing with Whalis who claim to be an ikwerre man from Rivers state.

It was the white man that created the eastern region. Before the arrival of the white men, there was nothing like eastern region. Ikwerre is not Igbo.

3 Likes

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by CSTRR: 9:35am On Aug 13, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
You claim you are from Delta state and you're arguing with Whalis who claim to be an ikwerre man from Rivers state.

It was the white man that created the eastern region. Before the arrival of the white men, there was nothing like eastern region. Ikwerre is not Igbo.
Who is talking about eastern region.?

I am talking about ethnic nations, not regions.

Are you saying it was the white man that brought igbos to where they are?

Don't just jump into issues without understanding.

And yes, I am from Delta state.
How does it change the facts of what I said?

5 Likes

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by Ikaeniyan0: 9:51am On Aug 13, 2023
CSTRR:

Who is talking about eastern region.?

I am talking about ethnic nations, not regions.

Are you saying it was the white man that brought igbos to where they are?

Don't just jump into issues without understanding.

And yes, I am from Delta state.
How does it change the facts of what I said?
You can not shave a man head without his knowledge. If an ikwerre man claim he's not an Igbo man, you are not in any position to argue with him. Ikwerre is not Igbo.

3 Likes

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by Longinyamapucci(m): 9:52am On Aug 13, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

You omo ebows need to stay of Biniland in Rivers state. You know the Bini people vex, ebows cannot contain!

Shut up Yoruba Muslim, rivers is Igbo land and ikwere is Igbo too..we shares no border with you guys neither rivers state.

It's you bloody parasite that need to keep off.

1 Like

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by Christistruth03: 9:53am On Aug 13, 2023
bender79:
Can you remind me what Ngozi means regardless? Yoruba Agbadorians wishes to claim Kwara state by all means but quick to dislink a bonafide Igbo name regardless of the state of origin.

The Ruler of Ilorin when the British arrived was a Yoruba man called Balogun Alanamu
it was Balogun alanamu and his followers that the British fought for the Control of Ilorin

The British then reinstaled an Emir in Ilorin after the defeat of balogun Yoruba Inakoju alanamu due to Political Pressure from Northern Emirs .

The Emir of Ilorin had been defeated and deposed by the Ilorin Yoruba Chiefs led by Balogun Alanamu years before the British arrived.

The British left at Independence after an agreement was made to have a referendum over Kwara State.

The Post independence Government of Balewa and Azikiwe frustrated that referendum by not carrying out the Kwara referendum which should have happened at the same time as the Midwest referendum because it was clear that the People of Kwara wanted to be in Awolowo's Western Region and in order to cripple Awolowo and his Party Politically after Awolowo had been jailed in 1962

Balewa and Azikiwe also didn't Carry out the other referendums agreed with the British before independence meant for the Eastern and Northern Minority Ethnic groups.

Ilorin still has an Emir because of Colonial and Tribal Politics

Sardauna Ahmadu Bello in his Biography described Ilorin as a 200 year old " Staggering Headache" for the Sokoto Caliphate to the extent that the Sultan of Sokoto had to warn the Emir of Gwandu to hands off anything to do with Ilorin and keep a very low Profile because of the Constant War Yorubas fought over it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by AwkaFinest: 11:02am On Aug 13, 2023
Emetex22:

I told u to leave ur smelly one room dungeon and travel, jealousy will overwhelm you, u go shock 😆 🤣 😂, even ur neigbor Aba that is considered dirty and thrash beat PH in industrialization, you will see non indigens running the show, ooh I forgot u r too poor to afford transport, run, go and sip your grand pa alcohol, run away

We are industrialised yet our cities remain backward. Tell me any city in the SE that's more cosmopolitan than PH? We are more industrialised, yet cities like PH has a higher GDP than we do. Doesn't industrialisation amount to wealth? Why is our Aba the sh*tho** it is today?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by AwkaFinest: 11:05am On Aug 13, 2023
CSTRR:

Bullshit.

So you write in English simply because its your native tongue?
I guess Burna Boy's native tongue is Yoruba grin grin since he sings in Yoruba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by Whalis: 12:02pm On Aug 13, 2023
CSTRR:

Bullshit.

You hate Lord Lugard for creating Nigeria but held on and still desire his Eastern Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by Emetex22(m): 3:24pm On Aug 13, 2023
AwkaFinest:

We are industrialised yet our cities remain backward. Tell me any city in the SE that's more cosmopolitan than PH? We are more industrialised, yet cities like PH has a higher GDP than we do. Doesn't industrialisation amount to wealth? Why is our Aba the sh*tho** it is today?
Aba is more industrialized the PH 😆 🤣 😂 , Rivers revenue is mostly from crude oil, I knew u were a child. PH is has better infrastructure than Aba no doubt, Aba has bigger markets, small and medium scale companies, run

1 Like

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by AwkaFinest: 11:40pm On Aug 13, 2023
Emetex22:

Aba is more industrialized the PH 😆 🤣 😂 , Rivers revenue is mostly from crude oil, I knew u were a child. PH is has better infrastructure than Aba no doubt, Aba has bigger markets, small and medium scale companies, run

Only a neophyte like you will compare Aba to PH.
Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by Emetex22(m): 1:27am On Aug 14, 2023
AwkaFinest:

Only a neophyte like you will compare Aba to PH.
I said it, u are a nicompoop, low self esteem, u probably live on mosquito infested creek, ask PH people, Aba is a popular commerce destination until recently political uprisings and dearth in road infrastructure. Don't quote me again u destitute
Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by DodadaKoKigbe: 2:31pm On Aug 14, 2023
Christistruth03:

The Ruler of Ilorin when the British arrived was a Yoruba man called Balogun Alanamu
it was Balogun alanamu and his followers that the British fought for the Control of Ilorin

The British then reinstaled an Emir in Ilorin after the defeat of balogun Yoruba Inakoju alanamu due to Political Pressure from Northern Emirs .

The Emir of Ilorin had been defeated and deposed by the Ilorin Yoruba Chiefs led by Balogun Alanamu years before the British arrived.

The British left at Independence after an agreement was made to have a referendum over Kwara State.

The Post independence Government of Balewa and Azikiwe frustrated that referendum by not carrying out the Kwara referendum which should have happened at the same time as the Midwest referendum because it was clear that the People of Kwara wanted to be in Awolowo's Western Region and in order to cripple Awolowo and his Party Politically after Awolowo had been jailed in 1962

Balewa and Azikiwe also didn't Carry out the other referendums agreed with the British before independence meant for the Eastern and Northern Minority Ethnic groups.

Ilorin still has an Emir because of Colonial and Tribal Politics

Sardauna Ahmadu Bello in his Biography described Ilorin as a 200 year old " Staggering Headache" for the Sokoto Caliphate to the extent that the Sultan of Sokoto had to warn the Emir of Gwandu to hands off anything to do with Ilorin and keep a very low Profile because of the Constant War Yorubas fought over it..

Fascinating read. This is WHY they don't want to teach history in Nigerian schools anymore.

1 Like

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by AwkaFinest: 7:43pm On Aug 14, 2023
Emetex22:

I said it, u are a nicompoop, low self esteem, u probably live on mosquito infested creek, ask PH people, Aba is a popular commerce destination until recently political uprisings and dearth in road infrastructure. Don't quote me again u destitute

Lowly cerebral sw*ne. No wonder you brag with a sh*tho*l* like Aba.
Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by Abagworo(m): 8:02pm On Aug 14, 2023
Whalis:

Ikwerres although smaller in number but claims to be of blue blood. Associating them with Igbos tend to provoke them. Another way of calling an Ikwerre man a bastard is to call him an Igbo man. I am Ikwerre and I know this.
Any Ikwerre man U call Nye Isoma can harm you if he has the opportunity. If you see Amaechi which igbos claim he is Igbo just call him Nye Isoma and see if you would leave with your skin intact.

Ikwerre is Igbo but not Isoma. That's the difference. Owerri is Igbo not Isoma. Etche is Igbo not Isoma. Oguta is Igbo not Isoma. Ohaji is Igbo not Isoma. Egbema is Igbo not Isoma. Arochukwu is Igbo not Isoma. Mbieri is Igbo and Isoma. Njaba is Igbo and Isoma. Amaraku is Igbo and Isoma.

Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by Emetex22(m): 8:33pm On Aug 14, 2023
AwkaFinest:

Lowly cerebral sw*ne. No wonder you brag with a sh*tho*l* like Aba.
Check Aba track record 😆 🤣 😂, known for her resilience, succesful sports, manufacturing known as "Aba Made", markets, what is PH known for, fly over and thuggery, prostitution, u are probably a product of incestuous act, calling u a swine is a disservice to pigs, u r rotten and stinks, spits
Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by gidgiddy: 9:02pm On Aug 14, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:

The white man created Nigeria too, before the white man came, there was nothing called Nigeria.
Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by Ikaeniyan0: 9:06pm On Aug 14, 2023
gidgiddy:

The white man created Nigeria too, before the white man came, there was nothing called Nigeria.
Neither was Igbo land united.
Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by gidgiddy: 9:08pm On Aug 14, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

You have been warned! Stay OFF Biniland or face dare consequences. Just because Edos supported your son peter obi does not mean they will close their eyes while you try to steal Bini heritage in Rivers, Delta and other SS states!

Bini heritage? The heritage died a long time ago with the Bini empire. Now nobody cares
Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by gidgiddy: 9:14pm On Aug 14, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:
Bini don mash Igboland for Rivers. Nothing 0k0r0 fit do. Bini just the give Igbo wotorwotor. They sold Igbos as slaves back then, and today Igboland now belongs to Bini. Chai!

And now the Bini's are a minority that cant even make up one state, and their only urban area is Benin city
Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by DodadaKoKigbe: 10:36pm On Aug 14, 2023
gidgiddy:

And now the Bini's are a minority that cant even make up one state, and their only urban area is Benin city

What about Biniland in Rivers, Delta and other SS states?
Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by gidgiddy: 11:16pm On Aug 14, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

What about Biniland in Rivers, Delta and other SS states?

Biniland in Delta and Rivers? No such thing exists

Nobody even speaks Bini or Edo language in these two states
Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by raumdeuter: 11:20pm On Aug 14, 2023
No be today matter

This topic has been trashed on Nairaland long ago

https://www.nairaland.com/421192/not-igbo-ikwerre
Re: She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo by Abagworo(m): 11:28pm On Aug 14, 2023
Those still in doubt about these issues should watch this video. The Ikwerre man said clearly he is Igbo but not Isoma but they and Isoma belong to a larger Igbo nation. During the civil war the federal forces in a bid to divide Igbos invaded their villages disguised as Biafran soldiers but they were able to apprehend some of them and they turned out to be Hausa speakers. He further stated clearly that they were forced at gunpoint to change their names and renounce being Igbo or get killed by the federal forces. He is not a politician but a Chief in Emohua so he got no gain or loss from saying the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZQXoR17xts

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To President Goodluck Jonathan / Look At What APC Have Turned Nigeria To (photo) / The Falling Naira Is A Blessing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.