Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Who Cheats More In Marriages? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Cheats More In Marriages? (3404 Views)

Poll: Who cheats more in Marriages?

The Husband: 71% (37 votes)
The Wife: 28% (15 votes)
This poll has ended

Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. / How To End “the Silent Treatment” In Marriages / Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Cheats More In Marriages? by CrazyMan(m): 12:48pm On Sep 10, 2007
In our world today, we all know that the level of unfaithfulness has reached its peak. Most people can’t stand the problems related to marriage. And as a result of that, they cheat on their partners. I decide to start this topic so we can know the exact problem that causes it.

From my opinion, I think the woman cheats more than the man.

Here are my reasons.

1.Promiscuity: In our world today, promiscuity among women has reached its highest state; women are now liberated; women have become breadwinners of families too. They support income coming to households; unlike the days of our forefathers when women were mostly at home as housewives basically taking care of the home.

In our world today, its not so. This could definitely be a reason; since her work place throws up the chance of the women meeting a member of the opposite sex and she could be attracted to; and one thing could lead to the other.     

2. Sexual Urge: I was reading a Newspaper one day when I came across an article which was about a man accusing his wife unfaithfulness. He asked the court to dissolve his marriage.

When the wife was asked to defend herself, she simply told the whole court that the size of her husbands privates doesn’t give her the maximum satisfaction she needs.

Women today are becoming more and more sexually liberated; but most men seem to be hooked on the outdated and traditional views about sex. They feel sex should be meant for the production of children and not for pleasure.

There are some men who don’t touch their wives; the only time the touch her is when they need children. This could make the woman look elsewhere for sex.

3. Economic Reasons / Emotional Problems:

a) Economic Reasons: In Nigeria today, economic situation is now a major reason why a lot of wives cheat on their husbands. With a lot of men loosing their jobs, lots of women are forced to get into the labour market to help out financially. Most of them earn very little from the strenuous jobs they engage themselves into that they have no choice than to start going after men for cash. 

b) Emotional Problems: Some wives cheat on their husbands due to emotional problems; they feel their husbands doesn’t love them any more because he beats them and comes back from work late in the night. So gradually as a form of revenge, they start cheating.

I’d like other suggestions; if you feel it’s the other way round, then give us your reasons.
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by marlet01(m): 12:51pm On Sep 10, 2007
@ Crazykid

I agree with you, women cheat more in marriages than men, but could you pls explain the first reason you gave properly because from what I read you seem to be suggesting that women shouldn't be allowed to work nowadays because they might cheat on their husbands?
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by CrazyMan(m): 12:58pm On Sep 10, 2007
@Marlet01

You’re looking at it from a wrong perspective. What am saying is that there are some jobs in Nigeria today that before any woman can get; she has to succumb to the desire of her boss (I.e. go to bed with him) most women like I said earlier can’t stand the pressure because they feel its might be their only opportunity to get their dream job.

So out of desperation, they give in. So whichever way you look at it, women are prone to all sorts of sexual assaults which may result in them cheating on their husbands.
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by marlet01(m): 1:03pm On Sep 10, 2007
@ Crazykid

You're right, women these days are vulnerable and they can't withstand pressure. Now tell me; if u have a wife, would you let her work? Or would you cage her at home simply because you think she might cheat on you?
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by CrazyMan(m): 1:07pm On Sep 10, 2007
@Marley01

I know women are vulnerable but not all of them are. If I get married today, I can’t tell my wife to stay at home simply because I think she might cheat on me if she gets a job.

That would be stupidity of the greatest size. There are more tangible reasons for me to make her stay at home than that.
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by marlet01(m): 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2007
@ Crazykid

Now you are starting to make a point, so what are your reasons?
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by Bolarge(m): 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2007
Isn't a woman idling away at home more likely to cheat than an ever busy career woman?
Y'all don't know what idleness is capable of doing to pple.
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by marlet01(m): 1:22pm On Sep 10, 2007
@ Bolarge

There is a saying "An Idle hand is the Devil's workshop" don't u think she being idle can even do worse at her husbands back?
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by CrazyMan(m): 1:23pm On Sep 10, 2007
@Marlet01

Children that’s my reason. I see no reason why one who becomes wealthy in the future should allow his wife to work when there are kids at home who need attention.

Children like we both know, learn very fast and if there is no one around who can discipline them, they might end up being something else.

How would you feel if your children turn out to be criminals and prostitutes in future, and you the parents have all the money in the would? Believe me that money won’t be worth spending because the kind of shame and disgrace they would bring on you – you might end up dying before your time comes.

@Bolarge
Would you mind explaining yourself?
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by Bolarge(m): 1:29pm On Sep 10, 2007
marlet01:

@ Bolarge
There is a saying "An Idle hand is the Devil's workshop" don't u think she being idle can even do worse at her husbands back?
Exactly what I'm tryin to say. You wannna know the most sexually active peeps? I'll list 'em for you.
Secondary school leavers yet to pass JAMB so sitting at home.
  Unemployed peeps doin nothing at home.
  NYSC folks who go to teach like twice in a whole week (averaging 'bout 6hrs/week) n' then have nothing else to do.
  And may I add jobless housewives (social constraints/fear of repercussions go a long way in slowing 'em down though)
  In summary, idle folks.
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by marlet01(m): 1:31pm On Sep 10, 2007
@ Bolarge

Your reasons are quite solid enough, I agree with them.
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by BABEELOVE(f): 1:57pm On Sep 10, 2007
Men cheat more--because society condones that and turn around and castigate women who do.  For a man it is a "dog" thing and for a woman---it is a counter reaction out of frustration or perceived neglect. So if you treat your partner right you are more likely to command fidelity----if you don't----he he he he he he grin-----the options are endless!!!!

A man can have many children outside matrimony or monogamy--while it is less common for woman to have children outside a union.
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by mellow(m): 2:47pm On Sep 10, 2007
I think the men cheat more than the women . All the reasons enumerated above

by craze apply to the  men. who is the Boss that will want to sleep with the woman

before giving her a job? the married man.

A married woman does not date every man she sees on the way like the men do.

Every thing on Skirt.

A  woman does not look lustfully at every Handsome man that comes accross her way

like the men do.

I can go on and on and on but the bottom line is that men cheat more than the women

and remember that the men can cheat without the society frowning at them but the women?

Well, I quess you know better.
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by BABEELOVE(f): 2:55pm On Sep 10, 2007
mellow:

I think the[b] men cheat more than the women [/b] . All the reasons enumerated above

by craze apply to the men. whi is the Boss that will want to sleep with the woman

before giving her a job? the married m[/b]an.

[b]A married woman does not date every man she sees on the way like the men do.

Every thing on Skirt.

A woman does not look lustfully at every Handsome man that comes accross her way

like the men do.

I
can go on and on and on but the bottom line is that men cheat more than the women

and remember that the men can cheat without the society frowning at them but the women?

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!

Na you talk am!!!!! More pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by CrazyMan(m): 6:25pm On Sep 10, 2007
@mellow

You should know that all those requests you stated are being approved by the woman.

If a boss asks his female staff out; it's left for her to agree or not. So if she eventually does, then it show's how easy and vulnerable she is.
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by BABEELOVE(f): 9:07pm On Sep 10, 2007
crazykid:

@mellow

You should know that all those requests you stated are being approved by the woman.

If a boss asks his female staff out; it's left for her to agree or not. So if she eventually does, then it show's how easy and vulnerable she is.

And what the heck are you yappin about?  A woman only approves after a man initiates----as a means to an end not an end in itself!!!!

I for one can not refuse a "needy" man under the "good samaritan patriotic act" cool  The Lord as you know loves a "cheerful" giver!!!!  Just ask and it shall be given unto you---for the right price or ultimate satisfaction!!!

Such are the laws that operate in the lives of men and women!!!!
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by JustGood(m): 9:58am On Sep 11, 2007
mellow:

A woman does not look lustfully at every Handsome man that comes accross her way
like the men do.

Have you read what some of the women have been writing on this forum?
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by BABEELOVE(f): 1:40pm On Sep 11, 2007
JustGood:

Have you read what some of the women have been writing on this forum?

he he he he he he he he he!!!! tongue

It is not cheating--it is called toasting!!! And we do not look lustilly at every dude on this forum--only the "phockable" ones!!!! grin
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by ssRhino: 11:35pm On Sep 11, 2007
BABEELOVE, u sure wanna disvirgin the broda's eyes oh
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by BABEELOVE(f): 10:22am On Sep 12, 2007
$$Rhino:

BABEELOVE, u sure want to disvirgin the brother's eyes oh

Sorry------I don't do virgins!!! Too much explanations to the deaf and dumb!!!!!  Do not know sign language!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin  I prefer a well cooked "hot dog"-------no drippings oh!!! Lots of relish, mustard, ketcup, jalopeno peppers attached to a nice set of buns!!!!!

Yummy!!!!  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm kiss
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by CrazyMan(m): 11:37am On Sep 12, 2007
Hmmm
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by marlet01(m): 11:43am On Sep 12, 2007
What has this thread got to do with virgins?

@ Crazykid

Is that all the reasons u got? I thought you could really break it down very well, but it is ok.
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by CrazyMan(m): 11:59am On Sep 12, 2007
@Marlte01

BABEELOVE's speech made me dumb lipsrsealed
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by ssRhino: 1:25pm On Sep 12, 2007
;d :p ;d
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by trendy(f): 5:45pm On Sep 12, 2007
The Husbands
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by kattie(f): 8:11pm On Sep 12, 2007
It's the husband o!

Men cannot be trustred these days undecided cry
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 24, 2007
men. men. men. men. men. men. men. men. men. men. men. men. men. men. men. men. men. men. men. men. men. men. men. men. men. men.

Did i forget to say men!!
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by finestboy2(m): 9:21pm On Oct 01, 2007
There's no definite answer to this question. Both sexes seem to be at it, though the reasons could be different,

Antara Mali's Mr. Ya Miss has the incorrigible skirt-chaser Sanjay (Aftab Shivdasani) while on his way to heaven being sent back to earth by Goddess Parvati in the body of a woman hoping that it'll give him an insight to what it is like to be a woman betrayed repeatedly by the man she loves. The movie focusses on men being cheaters and women being the sufferers. The audience, largely comprising of young girls and guys, had a clearly demarcated response - the girls seemed to enjoy the film totally being in agreement with the fact that guys are eternal womanisers. The guys seemed to find this film too gender-biased. True, because there can be no definite answer to the question: "Do men cheat more than women?"

Counselling psychologist Priyanka Shah's professional reply is, "I don't think a blanket statement that men cheat more than women can be made. Cheating on one's spouse is more related to individual situations rather than gender-related ones."
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by almondjoy(f): 3:42am On Oct 02, 2007
Men
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by typical: 11:12am On Oct 02, 2007
In Nigeria, it's got to be men.
In UK, women cheat more in marriages (I believe) than men.
Not sure about in America
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by Kabibi(f): 12:07pm On Oct 02, 2007
Its MEN! ](DOGS!!!!)
Re: Who Cheats More In Marriages? by BuchanieR9(m): 3:34pm On Oct 05, 2007
It's the Women Fool!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

My 11month Old Baby Resents People And Doesn't Smile. / Wedding Palava: Church Wedding, Court or Traditional?? / Could This Marital Predicament Worth Disolving My Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.