Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,978 members, 7,821,417 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Please Help A Confused Brother. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help A Confused Brother. (3395 Views)

Please Help Me! I'm Extremely Confused & Need Advice / I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! / Marriage Things: I Am So Confused, Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help A Confused Brother. by whyalwaysme: 6:10am On Aug 27, 2014
Dear Nairalanders,
I write this with a very heavy heart because there's not very much that is interesting to me anymore.
I am a professional in the real estate business and I am married with 2 very healthy young children.
I have worked for about 7years before I decided to work for myself. Armed with my experience, determination and a strong belief in God I went to work.but alas it has been disappointments all the way.
Right from the very start I was cheated of over N2million in one of my 1st transactions and the money was meant to be a huge support for my business and fall back for my family.
I devised a very good business plan before I branched out on my own but I have this nagging issue of disappointments.
I set up a transaction and everything goes smoothly until when it is about to conclude everything falls apart. This has happened several times and my wife who works in a financial institutions and has been very supporting kept telling me to relax that all will be well.
Friends, at times it gets so rough that we cant even eat and she will have to borrow or go to her sister's house to get foodstuff.
I pay my tithes and I pray and fast but the disappointments keep coming.
Recently my wife brought a transaction to me which would assisted in paying off some debts. I got a property which they inspected and and loved. They wanted to pay but my colleague who represents the onwer delayed getting the title documents until he had to travel out of the country for a week.
Just yesterday he told me that before he got back the owner had sold the property. I still tried to get an alternative but every other thing was way above budget.
I was so sad because it was a sure banker deal but it crashed just like many others sure bankers before it.
When I got home there was no food to eat in the house.my rent is overdue and my kids do not go to school anymore because i cant pay their fees anymore.
I called my wife to talk to her because she was demoralized that there was nothing in the house and before I could start to say a word my own pillar of support told me that I should look for something else to do that my business is not working. That it is like a basket that im pouring water into. I was so sad because she wasn't far from the truth. She was tired of stories.
Now I am almost convinced that there is a very strong force blocking my success. My parents are loners . Never keeping much company and retired from civil service and I cannot imagine who can be after my success.
I have cried to God so many times to pity me and at least for my kids sake open doors for me but each time I get disappointments.
Now I begin to ask. Have I been wasting my time? I love my profession I studied it in school and I have seen people become very successful and I believed that I can be too.but the disappointments are just too much. What joy does a man have when you put in honest labour and yet cannot provide for your family?
I have been tempted to sell my soul to the devil just to make my family comfortable but faith that God will turn things around kept me. Now I ask having been praying to my imagination? My own wife has lost confidence in my ability to provide.
I have asked God so many times but I have not even seen a sign. This has affected me that I have started indulging in habits which are not healthy and depression is setting in.
Why is God not answering? If I have a child and I do not provide for the child despite several pleas and the child steals to survive do I have any moral right to castigate him or her?
It is said no one knows tomorrow, how do I now know that tomorrow will be better? What happens if 5years from now im still chasing my tail?
I put in a lot of diligence and professionalism in my work but I feel there is strong outside influence derailing my success.
Please if there is any advice other than to pray please let me have it
Do not ask me to pray because I have prayed and I have been prayed for but I am faced with something bigger which i cannot see.
I need to know what I am up against because you cannot fight an enemy you dont know.
Please help.
Thanks
Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by OHaddy(f): 6:53am On Aug 27, 2014
why dont you go for deliverance at mfm
whyalwaysme: Dear Nairalanders,
I write this with a very heavy heart because there's not very much that is interesting to me anymore.
I am a professional in the real estate business and I am married with 2 very healthy young children.
I have worked for about 7years before I decided to work for myself. Armed with my experience, determination and a strong belief in God I went to work.but alas it has been disappointments all the way.
Right from the very start I was cheated of over N2million in one of my 1st transactions and the money was meant to be a huge support for my business and fall back for my family.
I devised a very good business plan before I branched out on my own but I have this nagging issue of disappointments.
I set up a transaction and everything goes smoothly until when it is about to conclude everything falls apart. This has happened several times and my wife who works in a financial institutions and has been very supporting kept telling me to relax that all will be well.
Friends, at times it gets so rough that we cant even eat and she will have to borrow or go to her sister's house to get foodstuff.
I pay my tithes and I pray and fast but the disappointments keep coming.
Recently my wife brought a transaction to me which would assisted in paying off some debts. I got a property which they inspected and and loved. They wanted to pay but my colleague who represents the onwer delayed getting the title documents until he had to travel out of the country for a week.
Just yesterday he told me that before he got back the owner had sold the property. I still tried to get an alternative but every other thing was way above budget.
I was so sad because it was a sure banker deal but it crashed just like many others sure bankers before it.
When I got home there was no food to eat in the house.my rent is overdue and my kids do not go to school anymore because i cant pay their fees anymore.
I called my wife to talk to her because she was demoralized that there was nothing in the house and before I could start to say a word my own pillar of support told me that I should look for something else to do that my business is not working. That it is like a basket that im pouring water into. I was so sad because she wasn't far from the truth. She was tired of stories.
Now I am almost convinced that there is a very strong force blocking my success. My parents are loners . Never keeping much company and retired from civil service and I cannot imagine who can be after my success.
I have cried to God so many times to pity me and at least for my kids sake open doors for me but each time I get disappointments.
Now I begin to ask. Have I been wasting my time? I love my profession I studied it in school and I have seen people become very successful and I believed that I can be too.but the disappointments are just too much. What joy does a man have when you put in honest labour and yet cannot provide for your family?
I have been tempted to sell my soul to the devil just to make my family comfortable but faith that God will turn things around kept me. Now I ask having been praying to my imagination? My own wife has lost confidence in my ability to provide.
I have asked God so many times but I have not even seen a sign. This has affected me that I have started indulging in habits which are not healthy and depression is setting in.
Why is God not answering? If I have a child and I do not provide for the child despite several pleas and the child steals to survive do I have any moral right to castigate him or her?
It is said no one knows tomorrow, how do I now know that tomorrow will be better? What happens if 5years from now im still chasing my tail?
I put in a lot of diligence and professionalism in my work but I feel there is strong outside influence derailing my success.
Please if there is any advice other than to pray please let me have it
Do not ask me to pray because I have prayed and I have been prayed for but I am faced with something bigger which i cannot see.
I need to know what I am up against because you cannot fight an enemy you dont know.
Please help.
Thanks
why dont you go for deliverance at mfm

4 Likes

Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 27, 2014
It is a phase which we all will one day pass through but just like every other stages of life, this too will pass.
Don't give up on yourself even when all other Gives up on you.
May be you Need to change your line of business as wifey suggests.
Hang in there smiley

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by uglyogre(f): 8:27am On Aug 27, 2014
Firstly, was the capital you used in starting the business a clean money? hope it wasn't stolen or accumulatf pilfered funds.
Secondly, how professional,ingenious and honest are your business transactions and dealings?
Thirdly, how loyal,concise and faithful have you been in the tithe payment which you believe.
If after answering these questions within yourself honestly you still think you have a clean slate before God and man.Then go ahead and fight the spiritual forces whichever way you can. change the mindset that your parent may be responsible for your plight. you may be fighting a spiritual or a self-imposed battle
Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by freshness2020: 8:31am On Aug 27, 2014
Deliverance is the surest banker!
What ♈όϋ don't see is more powerful than what ♈όϋ see..the spiritual will always command the physical..Look for a good deliverance ministry to get delivered.. Ūя̲̅ blessings are not far from ♈όϋ anymore!
Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by Infomizer(m): 8:33am On Aug 27, 2014
Get real bro. Swallow the pride and get something doing as a side hustle. If you didn't have a family, it would have been different. But you can't afford to have them go hungry because of your decisions. The break will come. The Real Estate hustle is like that. One mega deal, and your sorrows will be wiped off. Until then, do something else that won't completely hinder the hustle.

You're welcome.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by whyalwaysme: 9:04am On Aug 27, 2014
Dear friends,
I registered my company with money from my salary.I did not steal it.
I have been doing clean honest business and I have been paying tithes since I started my company.
I have really prayed hard for a breakthrough. .sometimes at midnight after praying i feel relief that God has heard me but still business deals crumble.
I have thought of diversification but it requires capital to start.
I even bought a used car for transport business but the drivers are dishonest and the car is parked in need of repairs.
I dont even have a functional car which is important in my business.
My prayers are not going anywhere. Im sure that there is something running me down.
I once confided in a friend and he invited me to his church. A small but honest to God church. .the pastors prayed several times for me, gave me fasting and prayers but still I am running around in disappointments.
I have had my trying times for too long. I need a turn around in my life.I dont want to snap because if I do will be worse than the devil because I am committed in anything i do.
If I snap I will be willing to face God and tell him he disappointed me. But if I can know what I am facing I am willing to fight it.
But how can I fight what I dont know.
Im tired of making 60k in 3months and instantly it is gone .im sick of it. Really sick.
Im not lazy. Bible says the labourer is entitled to his wages. God also ask and you shall receive.
I want to work hard, reap my rewards and help people.
I hae sowed seeds sometimes with my last coin even to help people who are in hospital but God has not answered my prayers.
Please I need to know what I am up against im almost at my wits end..im not convinced to accept new jobs because like before it will be like pouring water in a basket. I just work because i love the job.
I want my business to grow by hard work but it is so frustrating now .
I have thought of going into an unholy contract to grow my business and settle my family and then go to hell for eternity. .but a pastor told me that the devil will give me my money which I was supposed to make over time.
Honestly my only obstacle now is that im scared of being outwitted by the devil in a deal.
I am tired of hearing that d next deal will be better.
Can anyone help me discover what im fighting please?
Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by whyalwaysme: 9:56am On Aug 27, 2014
Its not even as if I dont get deals.
I get deals regularly such that i should never lack money and im am situated in a good location.
But why do these deals crumble before they crystallize?
Chronic near success syndrome caused by what?
Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by egopersonified(f): 9:58am On Aug 27, 2014
Op, I read your posts with a heavy heart. I dont really know what to say but to tell you to hold on, things would hopefully change for the better. I can even hear the pain in your heart, wish I could be of help. Try talking this over with your parents too as you have done here. Be careful the kind of churches you take counsel from so as not to fall into bigger troubles. U can also get a job and do your business on the side.considering the story of Hannah in the bible, try to be cheerful when you have prayed, dont go thinking this deal would definately go down the drain like others. Pls talk to your wife softly about giving you time to get on your feet and your need for her to keep believing in you for you to believe in yourself, tell her you need her more than ever now and that you see her as your pillar and ray of hope. I dont know if I have made any sense at all but maybe others can help you out. Coogar, tallesty1, pickabeau1, aisha2, soulglo, sambarry, cococandy, chaircover, davidif, 5minsmadness, idowuogbo, babyosisi, RoyalRoy, nashville, crackhaus, bukatyne, xynerise, blockus, balamz, efemenaXY, bennyrazz, greatgod2012, godmystrength, and others please your advice is needed here.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by edwife(f): 10:17am On Aug 27, 2014
There is no overnight success anywhere.99% of every success story is a movie and a thriller on persistence.Yes,behind every real glory,there is a real and solid story,sometimes of painful waiting,labouring and tears.

Leave the thought of anyone being behind your problems or attacking you,you are confusing yourself and giving yourself less time to focus on the real issue.
Stay and maintain the right attitude and then watch for positive results.Murmuring delays your stay in the wilderness.Stop comparing and complaining.You can't always choose your circumstance in life,neither can you always be able to change your job or location.Yes,your situation sometimes can be tough,but you can always be all there.Remember that no obstacle will ever leave you the way it met you.

When you can't change the direction of the wind,adjust your sails
When obstacles arise,change your direction(attitude) to reach your goals,but not your decision to reach there.
Don't give up on what you love but look for something that will help provide for your family for now,as for your wife she is only human,don't take it to heart.

Patience and tenacity of purpose are worth more than twice weight in cleverness.
The pessimist complains about the wind,the optimist expects it to change;the realist adjusts the sails.
Which one are you?
Please keep moving,the end of the round is not the end of the fight.And the good news is the referee is on your side.
God Almighty.
Don't quit!

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 27, 2014
Hmnnn,so sad,a man that used to be able to stand on his own and now,things are this way, I really feel what you're going through,it is well, Now,you need to talk to your wife,she is closest to you,and at this moment, you need her support more than ever,she cannot lose faith in you, she is the one that should continue to push and encourage you positively.

Now,think back,what kind of relationship do you have with God, are you a believer, do you have faith? You should know that every one has their time,be steadfast in prayer,hold on to God,always have positive thoughts,everyone has their hard times,your time of prosperity and success will come,just believe.

Maybe you need to change you line of business, no be by force to work with your certificate o,think of so many other things you can do,you are a man,you are a survivor,but you need to hustle first. Don't think you are belittling yourself, as long as what you're thinking of doing is legit. Don't compare yourself to your peers, or relatives,each one to his own,remember,you don't know what that person you're comparing yourself with is dealing or battling with.

Now,you also have to go spiritual,get close to your pastor,if you still have a mother,get closer to her and tell her what you're going through, above all,I know ans believe in the existence of God,baba just dey up dey look us.some are given easily,some have to suffer to get it.
it is well.
Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by Richy4(m): 10:39am On Aug 27, 2014
No one is after you man. It is time to swallow all pride and change business line. If you got certificate, dust it and look for job with it as a fall back.
Still keep your eye on the business ie when you have gotten enough money to stand on your own. You are lucky you got a working wife.
And please forget about this deliverance thing my brother. Life is full of ups and downs.
I remember the bible said in the world you will have tribulations. This is part of it. Also in that same bible, in Genesis mentioned something about sweating before you eat. I have never seen in the bible where it says in this world you will have stress free life.

But I guess the Nigerian pastors on NL will quote me wrong

2 Likes

Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 27, 2014
Most successful people failed many times before they succeeded....keep striving and praying. .all these are stories you will tell one day, success isn't easy....also, check yourself, are you doing things right? You said a colleague that was supposed to submit some documents to finalise your deal delayed hence you lost the contract, did you try all possible ways to make sure he did submit the documents early but failed? Or you folded your hands allowing him to delay? ? Do you manage things well?

You can also try out another business just as your wife suggested..Goodluck to you, don't just give up...life isn't easy....
Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by Blockus: 10:46am On Aug 27, 2014
egopersonified: Op, I read your posts with a heavy heart. I dont really know what to say but to tell you to hold on, things would hopefully change for the better. I can even hear the pain in your heart, wish I could be of help. Try talking this over with your parents too as you have done here. Be careful the kind of churches you take counsel from so as not to fall into bigger troubles. U can also get a job and do your business on the side.considering the story of Hannah in the bible, try to be cheerful when you have prayed, dont go thinking this deal would definately go down the drain like others. Pls talk to your wife softly about giving you time to get on your feet and your need for her to keep believing in you for you to believe in yourself, tell her you need her more than ever now and that you see her as your pillar and ray of hope. I dont know if I have made any sense at all but maybe others can help you out. Coogar, tallesty, pickabeau1, aisha2, soulglo, sambarry, cococandy, chaircover, davidif, 5minsmadness, idowuogbo, babyosisi, RoyalRoy, nashville, crackhaus, bukatyne, xynerise, blockus, efemenaXY, bennyrazz, greatgod2012, godmystrength, and others please your advice is needed here.

**Me?! shocked shocked undecided undecided **

Have you ever seen me give good advice before?!

3 Likes

Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 27, 2014
Blockus:

cheesy cheesy cheesy *tears* @ Op, hold on still. Miracles still happen, God reigns. Thank God always for expectations U hope for.
Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by egopersonified(f): 10:57am On Aug 27, 2014
Blockus:

your 'bad' advice could be food for thought
Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by CoCoLav(f): 10:57am On Aug 27, 2014
OP I feel your pain but remember the teacher is always quiet during the test but it doesn't mean he isn't there.

While I think external forces might be involved, you also need to check yourself to see if you have cheated anyone or hurt somebody in the past. You should also check your relationship with God; are you getting close to him only because you are going through hard times or has he always played a key role in your life? This might be a means of getting your attention and drawing you closer to him. Read the book of JOB for more understanding and strength.

You need to mend your relationship with God and pray like never before. Before you start any business, take some money out of the capital and sow as a seed. Make sure you sow with faith and you have a relationship with God. Talk to him like you are talking to your father and make him understand what you want. Your wife should also join you in prayer.

Wish you all the best.
Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 27, 2014
Young man,

Life itself is a struggle and you need to keep on moving. Some of the most successful people you see today have had more disappointments than you; but the reason why they are so successful is that they never stop trying. Thomas Edison who invented the light bulb tried almost two hundred times before finally succeeding. Abraham Lincoln who is hailed as probably the best US President ever, lost close to thirty elections before becoming president. So you know what? You are not alone in failed attempts - but that does not mean you are a failure.

There is no strong force behind your failure. It probably just means there is something about that business you have not figured out. You may think your business plan is great, but I will advice you to show a trusted friend or relative about it and let them critic it for you. You may not even understand all the risks involved and that is why you have been failing in the business. Something is missing and you need help. There are a few options here for you.

1. Go back to paid employment - you were doing well and this is a sure guarantee of steady income. It may also give you more time to learn about the business and its operating environment so that you are better able to assess the risk involved. It is not necessarily giving up, its just like going back to learn more and besides you have bills to pay.

2. Form a partnership with someone else. This may seem like you are giving out your idea, but often times, one man is never an island. We all need help even in running our own businesses and you may find someone that will compliment your strengths. So he may be strong in the areas where you are weak. Nobody is Mr. Know-it-all and I think that may be your greatest problem. You might not know you need help but you do. So bringing someone else into that business as a partner may open new doors for you and also help you see some knew dimensions you have not thought of.

3. Get coaching and mentors. Building successful businesses is not always very easy. You need to talk to people who have been there before and learn from them. Let them tell you about the things you should watch out for. No business plan is perfect and you are already finding out now. Get experienced people to work with you and help you.

4. Don't give up on your dreams. This is the truth. If you feel you have a product to offer, then pursue it; but pursue it with sense. Give yourself time and do not rush. Doing business can be tough in Nigeria and you must ensure your family has enough to eat before venturing into it. Don't blame God or your wife. Your wife has been perfectly understanding and you need to thank her for that. You need to work on yourself and make sure you are well equipped to be an entreprenuer.

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by Godmystrength: 11:03am On Aug 27, 2014
Nashville: Young man,

Life itself is a struggle and you need to keep on moving. Some of the most successful people you see today have had more disappointments than you; but the reason why they are so successful is that they never stop trying. Thomas Edison who invented the light bulb tried almost two hundred times before finally succeeding. Abraham Lincoln who is hailed as probably the best US President ever, lost close to thirty elections before becoming president. So you know what? You are not alone in failed attempts - but that does not mean you are a failure.

There is no strong force behind your failure. It probably just means there is something about that business you have not figured out. You may think your business plan is great, but I will advice you to show a trusted friend or relative about it and let them critic it for you. You may not even understand all the risks involved and that is why you have been failing in the business. Something is missing and you need help. There are a few options here for you.

1. Go back to paid employment - you were doing well and this is a sure guarantee of steady income. It may also give you more time to learn about the business and its operating environment so that you are better able to assess the risk involved. It is not necessarily giving up, its just like going back to learn more and besides you have bills to pay.

2. Form a partnership with someone else. This may seem like you are giving out your idea, but often times, one man is never an island. We all need help even in running our own businesses and you may find someone that will compliment your strengths. So he may be strong in the areas where you are weak. Nobody is Mr. Know-it-all and I think that may be your greatest problem. You might not know you need help but you do. So bringing someone else into that business as a partner may open new doors for you and also help you see some knew dimensions you have not thought of.

3. Get coaching and mentors. Building successful businesses is not always very easy. You need to talk to people who have been there before and learn from them. Let them tell you about the things you should watch out for. No business plan is perfect and you are already finding out now. Get experienced people to work with you and help you.

4. Don't give up on your dreams. This is the truth. If you feel you have a product to offer, then pursue it; but pursue it with sense. Give yourself time and do not rush. Doing business can be tough in Nigeria and you must ensure your family has enough to eat before venturing into it. Don't blame God or your wife. Your wife has been perfectly understanding and you need to thank her for that. You need to work on yourself and make sure you are well equipped to be an entreprenuer.
Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by Blockus: 11:15am On Aug 27, 2014
OP...

I cant get past losing 2 Million Naira in your first business deal even with 7 years experience.. It may truly be a spiritual problem cos most people who lose such monies in business are those who go into business blind.

I think you should go get a 9 - 5 job and go back to the drawing board to figure out where you went wrong.

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by dustydee: 11:17am On Aug 27, 2014
I will advise you to get a job at least to provide for your family. Then rethink your business strategy and identify why it keeps failing. This may lead to a change of strategy. You may want to continue you business on a part time basis pending when things pick up. Also, not every good idea is a graet idea and not every great idea is a profitable idea.
Keep your trust in God.
Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by whyalwaysme: 11:37am On Aug 27, 2014
MarvellousGod: Most successful people failed many times before they succeeded....keep striving and praying. .all these are stories you will tell one day, success isn't easy....also, check yourself, are you doing things right? You said a colleague that was supposed to submit some documents to finalise your deal delayed hence you lost the contract, did you try all possible ways to make sure he did submit the documents early but failed? Or you folded your hands allowing him to delay? ? Do you manage things well?

You can also try out another business just as your wife suggested..Goodluck to you, don't just give up...life isn't easy....

I kept following but but all he kept saying was I will. Until he traveled.

Friends,
I thank you all for your contributions but. There is something wrong somewhere. I can feel it. In business you make mistakes and learn. In a situation where you follow a transaction carefully and surgically and yet it fails. A client suddenly backs out such that even other parties involved wonder what happened.
I never expected to be an overnight millionaire but start small and grow big.
I have clients and I get referrals regularly but I cannot imagine how 2+2 cannot sum up to 4 again.
This has gone on for over 3 years. I have cried in the dead of the night to God to provide for the kids he gave me and yet...I am not making progress.
Do I have to be fraudulent or diabolical to succeed?
Okay say I go back to paid employment how long to I have to work and what is the guarantee that I will not have a relaps when im out again.
I studied my profession to be able to work for myself and I have worked in different firms gathering experience for 7yrs
I am a very optimistic person but when a situation has reoccurred several times you face reality.
And reality here is to confront my enemy who I am trying to identify.
Success is not easy but some situations are overwhelming.
Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 27, 2014
Real estate in Nigeria is not really lucretive unless you are very professional and have a high stake clients.

It's like every Tom dike and Harry does that.
Go back to your paid employment or find another while you carry your biz plan as secondary until you are well settled.
By the way ,how does a prof get duped of 2 million naira.

I can't imagine getting duped in Nigeria where everyone is a suspect and you have to be on your toes.
Anyway, get sorted your biz plan. Your packaging matters and always keep to your words. Cos I understand integrity is no 1 thing killing Nigerian biz. Your A should be A.

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by whyalwaysme: 12:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
Anybody can be duped. How u follow it is what matters. My former boss lost N5m in a transaction after 15yrs in the field. It is a question of integrity. Some people you have respect for and expect to act as gentlemen become rascals when it gets to money matters.
Get a job? Okay. Has to be in line with my field.
Has to be well paying too. I cannot commit my experience and efforts to recieve peanuts besides what I will do for them is what I do for myself everyday. Why is mine not working.
I really dont think it is with planning. The first I ventured into private practice was rough I went back and planned my exit well. Got my company registered and built a good communications network for briefs and the kept coming.
It may not be outside influence, it may be internal.
I want to identify the weed and uproot it.
But honestly i did plenty of homework before setting up my firm. If I did not I would be complaining of lack of jobs.but its different.
Its like having a supermarket in a good location people come in, sample your goods and walk out. A few people buy maybe biscuits once in a while you have to pay rent electricity and other.
bills. Is it now wise gor me to close shop and work as a salesman for another shop? Or to find out what is making my customers not pay.
Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by egopersonified(f): 12:32pm On Aug 27, 2014
Please forget that someone is after me mentality, the only enemy you have is the devil and not anyone else. Try to understudy and work with someone who has suceeded in your profession, most influencial people always state that people ask them for money but few ask for the secrets of how they got where they are. Let your prayers be a father/son discussion type of prayer, dont bind and cast all day, sit down with your bible and talk to God, also give him the opportunity to answer thru meditation. Find joy in your family, even when there is no food today, there will be tomorrow, dont go torturing yourself. Open up your mind to other things around you, you might just be sitting on a pot of gold while wasting time digging thru a dry well. Please always be happy, everyone has challenges too, but your attitude to it makes all the difference.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by Eddlad: 12:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
Let it be some sort of relief that, I had similar problems and am sure the majority of hard honest working populace do.

My people say that "let the birds have their take,it's what's left that we protect",so dust yourself up and look ahead.

The notion that you are somewhat being influenced is a major hurdle you have to overcome.Do.this by having several REALISTIC alternatives.I have had up to 5 backup plans all foiled in instance but I have learnt to take things in strides and hopefully would you someday.

Start with cheap grade A China phones.Find a bulk seller and agree on terms to buy some weekly then find someone who.sells original phones and propose to sell your wares along his in a small container for a fee weekly or daily.Find other individuals and do same and alternate shops selling your wares and cashing in.

It's rough and tough and your have to have some thick skin especially since you have come into money before.
I wish you success and pls learn to accommodate the disappointment with some pessimism.

Eddlad

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by 5minsmadness: 12:35pm On Aug 27, 2014
@whyalwaysme, Op do you anticipate the failure before it occurs? Do you get the deal then as the end comes you start to think "is this deal going to fall like the others?" And then it falls?

There is a book I'm sure you would have heard about or seen Titled "The Secret."

Read it.

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by RoyalRoy(m): 12:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
If truly you have been dilligent and consistent in your job and with your walk with God then you have to give Him the benefit of doubt to do His bid.

Let's leave the spiritual now and get physical.

Can you still raise some funds just to repair that car you abandoned?
Fix it up into a good shape... send out your "card" to your former colleagues, spread the word in your xhurch, take charge of the car yourself while still pursuing your passion in the real estate.

The passengers you get In your cab can be the ones to liberate you, who knows..Tell them about your side hustle. They might know someone who knows someone that can turn things around.

Real estate business is quite lucrative but it's all about time and chance. . You could also bid for houses from new land lords so you can be their estate manager.
Visit the real estate section of Nairaland, help broker deals on advertised properties. Then you recieve a comission on it.

Your moment will come soon.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
whyalwaysme: Anybody can be duped. How u follow it is what matters. My former boss lost N5m in a transaction after 15yrs in the field. It is a question of integrity. Some people you have respect for and expect to act as gentlemen become rascals when it gets to money matters.
Get a job? Okay. Has to be in line with my field.
Has to be well paying too. I cannot commit my experience and efforts to recieve peanuts besides what I will do for them is what I do for myself everyday. Why is mine not working.
I really dont think it is with planning. The first I ventured into private practice was rough I went back and planned my exit well. Got my company registered and built a good communications network for briefs and the kept coming.
It may not be outside influence, it may be internal.
I want to identify the weed and uproot it.
But honestly i did plenty of homework before setting up my firm. If I did not I would be complaining of lack of jobs.but its different.
Its like having a supermarket in a good location people come in, sample your goods and walk out. A few people buy maybe biscuits once in a while you have to pay rent electricity and other.
bills. Is it now wise gor me to close shop and work as a salesman for another shop? Or to find out what is making my customers not pay.

Bros, I still say think about it and try to understand why you are getting duped all the time. If someone has a supermarket in a good location and there are no sales; either the products are not right or there are other issues like hygiene etc. This is business and you need to dig deep. If you are getting referrals but you are unable to close deals or even after closing deals you do not get paid, then you need to learn how to protect yourself.

For example, you may need to get a good lawyer who draws up a contract that you will ensure your clients sign before you even start work at all. And may be you should start asking for some of your fees upfront. May be you come across as someone they can easily cheat and get away with. Why are these customers backing out? Just sit down and think about it? Do they get better deals else where? Are you too expensive or even too cheap? These things do not happen by chance especially when they keep repeating themselves. You need to figure out what you are doing wrong and try to correct it.

The most successful organizations are always thinking about how to get ahead of competition and not complaining that there is a spiritual force against them. Business is tough and real estate in Nigeria is very very competitive. For me it is not a business you even do all by yourself. It is something you do in partnership with others if you want to make it big. Just take time out and have a good think about it before deciding your next step.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by whyalwaysme: 12:43pm On Aug 27, 2014
Eddlad: Let it be some sort of relief that, I had similar problems and am sure the majority of hard honest working populace do.

My people say that "let the birds have their take,it's what's left that we protect",so dust yourself up and look ahead.

The notion that you are somewhat being influenced is a major hurdle you have to overcome.Do.this by having several REALISTIC alternatives.I have had up to 5 backup plans all foiled in instance but I have learnt to take things in strides and hopefully would you someday.

Start with cheap grade A China phones.Find a bulk seller and agree on terms to buy some weekly then find someone who.sells original phones and propose to sell your wares along his in a small container for a fee weekly or daily.Find other individuals and do same and alternate shops selling your wares and cashing in.

It's rough and tough and your have to have some thick skin especially since you have come into money before.
I wish you success and pls learn to accommodate the disappointment with some pessimism.

Eddlad

Thanks Eddlad
I really appreciate your post.
Re: Please Help A Confused Brother. by met2(m): 12:51pm On Aug 27, 2014
@ Op,
I could never understand your pain because am not in your shoes, but several advice has been given here and from the way you talk about your prayers and complaint, it doesnt sound well of a Faithful christian if you are one.

1. Do u actually pray with faith? i doubt these, because from your write up, it seem u r prayin to urself, because u dont even know whom u r prayin to.

2. Why r u payin tithe? because u bliv in tithing or because ur pastor said so?

3. Your parents, even if they could cater for them self, how often do u send them money? never underestimate the blessing of a parent.

4. You mentioned u hav bn tempted to sell ur soul to d devil, if u sell, whom do u tink is loosing?.

5. How do u want to fight an enemy u dont know, when u dont want to pray?

6. Why goin 4rm church to church for pastors to pray 4 u, u think u cant pray 4 urself?

I have several qtns to ask u which i dont need answer for, just think abt them.

Your complains wont move God, since u said u r a christian, ask God for 4giveness and pray in faith, Please search for a job and keep ur bizness as a side pay for now.
Its sha be well with u.

Job even with all his tribulation served God.

Dont allow today challenges put u in worse situation 2moro by sellin ur soul to devil. Weepin may endure 4 a night, you Joy is here already.
Wishin U all d best

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Must A Successful Woman Be Married? / Katsaridaphobia: Morbid Fear Of Cockroaches / Going Green, Would You Carpool?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.