Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths (7934 Views)

Don’t Despair, We’ll Retrieve Our Stolen Mandate, Atiku Tells Supporters / ‘Don’t Despair Over Osun, Victory Awaits Tinubu In 2023’ - Support Group / Democracy Day: Don’t Despair, APC Will Soon Be History - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths by Ofunaofu: 5:33pm On Aug 12, 2023
The Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party, Mr Peter Obi, has urged Nigerian youths to remain positive and hopeful for the coming of a New Nigeria, which, he said, will be anchored on youth development and productivity.

Obi made this call in his message to mark World Youth Day, WYD, on Saturday.

He explained that the current confusion in the polity as well as the economic turmoil in Nigeria should not discourage but rather motivate our youths to remain committed and resolute in the struggle for a new and better Nigeria.

He said, “Unless we remain committed to the struggle for a better nation, we will not be able to achieve the New Nigeria of our dreams.

We must remain resilient and persevere against every hardship and obstacle on our journey to a new nation.”

The former Anambra state Governor noted that many of the nation’s challenges will be overcome if leaders paid attention to youth development and productivity.

He blamed the high level of insecurity and the alarming rate of social vices associated with youths like drug and other substance abuse as well as the high inflation rate in the country; on the high unemployment rate among the youthful population in their productive ages.

Obi equally said,”According to reports, Nigeria tops in the ranking of countries with the highest rate of unemployment in the world, with a 33.3 per cent unemployment rate. And further findings show that Nigeria’s unemployment rate would further rise to 40.6per cent, due to the continuous flow of job seekers into the job market.

“With this high rate of youth unemployment where more than half of the population in their productive age are not working, the nation will continue to stagger under the weight of many economic and social challenges.

“It’s only by providing job opportunities and massively supporting the growth of small businesses in the country, that the challenge of high insecurity, rising inflation, etc will be taken care of.”

The LP presidential candidate reiterated his firm commitment to building a New Nigeria anchored on youths’ development, noting that their youthful energy, skills, and potentials were critical ingredients needed to move the nation from consumption to production.

He he admonished Nigerian youths to remain steadfast and committed to the vision of a New Nigeria, which he insists, is Possible.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/world-youths-day-dont-despair-obi-urges-nigerian-youths/amp/

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths by tobyjacky: 5:34pm On Aug 12, 2023
Pretend asides, Obi's undying love by the youths sends a message to the politicians on the Nigerian state

91 Likes 9 Shares

Re: World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 12, 2023
The president that never was.

38 Likes 10 Shares

Re: World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths by BoldBrainz(m): 5:37pm On Aug 12, 2023
Another thread for tribal bashing.

2 Likes

Re: World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths by BoldBrainz(m): 5:38pm On Aug 12, 2023
IconicR:
The president that never was

Why am I not surprised to find you here?!

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 12, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Why am I not surprised to find you here?!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths by Alchemy528: 5:40pm On Aug 12, 2023
You be correct man

Contact me for your academic assignment thesis,power point presentation, proposal, article, available for any field of writing using Turnitin provide quality works just WhatsApp me below

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths by Nazgul: 5:43pm On Aug 12, 2023
I was discussing with a friend who voted for APC during the just concluded election. He was telling me that Peter Obi is good but Tinubu has more experience that's why he voted for him (Tinubu)

This dude was still was still telling me to give Tinubu more time, that he believes that Tinubu would deliver.

The sad reality here is that even if the tribunal cancels the last election on the grounds of election malpractices across the federation and calls for fresh elections, Tinubu would still win.

All he has to do is to make a public broadcast and tell his brainless supporters that he has acknowledged his wrongs and he's ready to correct them.

His hungry supporters who can't even afford 2 meals a day would tribalize his statement and call him a man of honour, that it takes a man of honour and integrity to admit that he's wrong. They would go on to ask how many Igbo leaders has ever come out openly to admit that they failed.

And on the stated day of the election, they'll come out in their thousands to vote for him again. Then complain when the suffering becomes unbearable.

Bigots are the easiest people to deceive on this planet, that's why they're always poor, cos all you have to do is to blame the other tribe and they'll rally round you and give you their support even though you're a known thief like Gandollar.

Praying for Nigeria is a waste of prayer which even God himself wouldn't answer. The solution is to raise money and leave.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths by siraj1402(m): 5:44pm On Aug 12, 2023
I beg make person help me to ask the stinging Pandora if he has found his phone.
Quote me if na your father I dey talk to.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths by condralbedez: 5:44pm On Aug 12, 2023
cool
Re: World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths by stano2(m): 5:44pm On Aug 12, 2023
Fine, intelligent man.
Humble billionaire

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths by jimmyolasun: 5:44pm On Aug 12, 2023
Okay, I think it's about time someone starts posting about atiku too...

8 Likes

Re: World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths by Althuu: 5:45pm On Aug 12, 2023
We are about to
Re: World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths by WhisperedNoise: 5:46pm On Aug 12, 2023
Every well meaning Nigerian loves Mr Peter Obi - the man with no airs of pride and pretense. The people who hate him are the people who hate Nigeria.

23 Likes

Re: World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths by Ofunaofu: 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2023
Peter Obi, man of the people

12 Likes

Re: World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths by nepapole(m): 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2023
Thank you Saint Obi

1 Like

Re: World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths by yarimo(m): 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2023
IconicR:
Comrade

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths by fredoooooo: 5:48pm On Aug 12, 2023
Our 61 years old youth have spoken grin cheesy grin

46 Likes

Re: World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths by WhisperedNoise: 5:48pm On Aug 12, 2023
IconicR:
You must work well to collect your 30k monthly salary. Oniranu.

12 Likes

Re: World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths by wittywriter: 5:48pm On Aug 12, 2023
Ok
MisterBanny:
I'm almost losing it sir. The cost of living is on the rise daily. I can't just cope any longer. The hardship is too much to bear. The hunger is twisting my intestines. No job, any site jobs are unavailable cos nobody is building anymore. I don't have the strength to continue anymore. I'm weak and weary.
Who can please help me with something to buy food and eat pls. Anything at all. Anything pls in God's name. Kindly DM me pls

Chucks13:
Sorry I'm not part of the youth you are talking to ok.

I'm not despair a bit and all I stand for is you Bitter Obi no matter how hard you try you will never rule Nigeria take that to your Fidelity Bank sir.

Wittyness
Re: World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths by WhisperedNoise: 5:48pm On Aug 12, 2023
siraj1402:
I beg make person help me to ask the stinging Pandora if he has found his phone.
Quote me if na your father I dey talk to.
Ndi ara

4 Likes

Re: World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths by Ewedegubbler: 5:48pm On Aug 12, 2023
Agbodorian cannibals right now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 12, 2023
WhisperedNoise:

You must work well to collect your 30k monthly salary. Oniranu.
Akpoda

12 Likes

Re: World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths by Exmilitant(m): 5:49pm On Aug 12, 2023
Obi must have read, The audacity of hope by Barrack Obama.

1 Like

Re: World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths by Dubetex96(m): 5:49pm On Aug 12, 2023
Balablue never comment shaa let wait for him comment

1 Like

Re: World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths by Ofunaofu: 5:49pm On Aug 12, 2023
fredoooooo:
Out 61 years old youth have spoken grin cheesy grin

61 years old but youth at heart

5 Likes

Re: World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths by AskNgige2: 5:50pm On Aug 12, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Another thread for tribal bashing.

This is why u die in silence and refuse to learn or relearn...

Shey u buy fuel 120 per ltr..

Politicians using empty head like u to deal with all Nigerians in the name of tribalism propaganda...

U never see anything

Whey u de beg for 2k urgently here..

Efulefu

3 Likes

Re: World Youths Day: Don’t Despair, Obi Urges Nigerian Youths by WhisperedNoise: 5:50pm On Aug 12, 2023
Dubetex96:
Balablue never comment shaa let wait for him comment
He's busy rallying troops to fight another man's war when his own temporary house is burning.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kaduna: El-Rufai’s Ally, Aisha Galadima Released, Accuses DSS Of Assault / Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? / Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.