Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi (39737 Views)

Help! SWAT Arrested My Uncle On Sunday / Falana: DSS Has Given 3 Contradictory Reasons For Not Releasing Sowore / EFCC Has Arrested Uyiekpen Giwa-Osagie, Atiku's Lawyer — Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by totit: 3:54pm On Aug 13, 2023
lexy2014:

I thought you said you read the article? If you read the article, then this question shouldn't be difficult for you....what will he be set free from?

Did you make a call to DSS and they told you the following?

So, I need to make a call to understand or know what the OP( the culprit claimed) ?

Set free from? The statement was made by me base on the fact that he was claiming he wasn't guilty and I said, I quote, if he knows he wasn't guilty, he should avail himself and prove his innocence!. Is that too hard to understand for you, dude? grin

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by BJanta: 4:14pm On Aug 13, 2023
No hassle now bro .Then go carry you and your brother go court. Then you go show the court evidence and source for your story, chikena.Na now you go know wetin den dey call libel. You go shit your bones as poopoo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by Exceed15: 5:02pm On Aug 13, 2023
DSS now robbing shoulders with police.
Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by zoedew: 5:30pm On Aug 13, 2023
fergie001:
Babatunde Fashola had sued three persons for alleging he was writing judgement on behalf of the Judges at the PEPT

SOURCE

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7795106/fashola-petitions-igp-dss-ncc#124962321
About time folks learn to use the internet responsibly. Now he curries public sympathy. Show up at the DSS with a Lawyer and face the petition.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by losky83: 6:21pm On Aug 13, 2023
[quote author=fergie001 post=125069035]Babatunde Fashola had sued three persons for alleging he was writing judgement on behalf of the Judges at the PEPT

SOURCE

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7795106/fashola-petitions-igp-dss-ncc#124962321[/quot]
LET ME MAKE IT CATEGORICALLY CLEAR TO YOU THAT YOUR BROTHER IS BEING HELD ILLEGALLY BY THE DSS.IF HE WAS NOT IN ANY WAY INVOLVED IN THE UNRESOURCED PUBLICATION BY YOU.
WHAT USUALLY OCCURS IN NIGERIA IS INTIMIDATION AND SHOW OF FORCE BY LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES KNOWING THAT ONLY 5% OF NIGERIANS THEY INTIMIDATE SEEK LEGAL REDRESS.THE REST PLEAD FOR THEIR MERCY.I ADVICE YOU TO ASK YOUR FAMILY TO GET A LAWYER TO SUE THE LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY THAT TOOK YOUR BROTHER AWAY AND CLAIM DAMAGES WORTH HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS.GONE ARE THOSE DAYS THE POLICE WILL ARREST FATHER,MOTHER,BROTHER,AND ANYBODY THEY SEE WHEN LOOKING FOR A SUSPECT.THE WORLD HAS ADVANCED AND THEY DO NOT WANT US TO ADVANCE WITH IT FOR THEIR BENEFITS.
FOR ME ANY WRONG MOVE BY ANY OF THESE AGENCIES WILL BE AN OPEN CHECK FOR ME.I WILL FIGHT THEM LEGALLY EVEN IF I HAVE TO SELL MY SCROTUM.
MANY JUDGEMENTS HAVE BEEN GIVEN IN FAVOUR OF PERSONS AGAINST THE DSS BUT THEY HAVE KEPT IT QUIET MAKING NIGERIANS FEEL THAT THEY ARE UNTOUCHABLE.BULL SHHHT.
Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by Namigotalktru: 7:11pm On Aug 13, 2023
Why do one tribe like to come on line abuse people and accuse them then when they catch them irl they start crying?

Stand by your words please. If it’s a rumour it’s a rumour
Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by Lindseyrd: 7:18pm On Aug 13, 2023
Buhari4dullard:
The rate at which Igbos are harassed will simply push them away.

And Nigeria will be worse off without them,
Who says?Good riddance to bad rubbish!
Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by Segzy19: 7:42pm On Aug 13, 2023
You guys should warn or advise yourselves...
Otherwise a lot of you will languish so much in prison.... Your candidate lost an election, does that mean that the country should burn?

Anyway, you guys are already being spoken to in the language you understand....

If you like continue, of you like don't continue....

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by seguno2: 7:49pm On Aug 13, 2023
AmotekunSW:

So, you've never heard of criminal defamation before?

See one of the dumb ignorant illiterates always talking trash.

If you are not the dumb ignorant illiterate here, you would have answered the question asked simply.
Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by seguno2: 7:51pm On Aug 13, 2023
DenreleDave:

Defamation against the judge in a matter that could put the nation on fire is a criminal offense.. It is just like terrorism

Many thanks for your enlightening response, which made me find out more about the subject.

What’s Police Role in Defamation?

Section 375 of the Criminal Code Act states that “any person who publishes any defamatory matter is guilty of a misdemeanor and is liable to imprisonment for one year.” It also adds that “any person who publishes any defamatory matter knowing it to be false is liable to imprisonment for two years.”

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/02/06/whats-police-role-in-defamation?amp=1
Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by creativehubb: 8:10pm On Aug 13, 2023
Wetin you talk na big misyarn, the allegations are too weighty. How would you say fashola announced results, na wa o. Think before you talk, fashola and you no get issues he no hold you money why spoil his name?
Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by niel63(m): 8:12pm On Aug 13, 2023
RingRoadMafia:

Which one of them bro

Lol, guy I no go fit cast am here nau grin
Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by DenreleDave(m): 9:02pm On Aug 13, 2023
seguno2:

Many thanks for your enlightening response, which made me find out more about the subject.

You are welcome boss

Finestgurlie:
Hahahahaha
you'll see

BaddestQueen try dey learn
Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by norriswood(m): 10:19pm On Aug 13, 2023
Buhari4dullard:
The rate at which Igbos are harassed will simply push them away.

And Nigeria will be worse off without them,
u must be a joker, Who told u that?? Why must u report a fake news..next time confirmed d news before reporting it....
Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by AmotekunSW: 10:20pm On Aug 13, 2023
seguno2:

If you are not the dumb ignorant illiterate here, you would have answered the question asked simply.

It's not my job to educate idiots like you.

If your parents couldn't provide you with proper education, that is your family misfortune.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by gratefulheart(m): 10:44pm On Aug 13, 2023
Make yourself available why are you running.

fergie001:
Babatunde Fashola had sued three persons for alleging he was writing judgement on behalf of the Judges at the PEPT

SOURCE

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7795106/fashola-petitions-igp-dss-ncc#124962321
Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by XAUBulls: 10:51pm On Aug 13, 2023
leanonme82:
The reportera guy that wrote this was busy bragging on twitter after he posted the fake news, now hes crying.

Dude cooked up lies and was enjoying all the insults on Fashola and the Judges as he posted the news.
This asinine boy must face justice for this criminal defamation against Babatunde Fashola. Period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by lexy2014: 12:29am On Aug 14, 2023
totit:

So, I need to make a call to understand or know what the OP( the culprit claimed) ?

Set free from? The statement was made by me base on the fact that he was claiming he wasn't guilty and I said, I quote, if he knows he wasn't guilty, he should avail himself and prove his innocence!. Is that too hard to understand for you, dude? grin

since you claimed that he will be set free, what will he be set free from?
Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by totit: 3:01am On Aug 14, 2023
lexy2014:

For not being guilty as he claimed. undecided

grin

1 Like

Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by lexy2014: 3:20am On Aug 14, 2023
totit:

For not being guilty as he claimed. undecided

grin

Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by totit: 11:39am On Aug 14, 2023
lexy2014:

This question has been answered.
Why are you repeating the same question?

1 Like

Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by lexy2014: 12:11pm On Aug 14, 2023
totit:

This question has been answered.
Why are you repeating the same question?

Where did u answer d question?

Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by totit: 2:19pm On Aug 14, 2023
lexy2014:

Where did u answer d question?

He will be set free if indeed he's not guilty as he claimed. Is this simple English hard for you to understand, really? Lool.
Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by lexy2014: 9:06pm On Aug 14, 2023
totit:

He will be set free if indeed he's not guilty as he claimed. Is this simple English hard for you to understand, really? Lool.

what will he be set free from?
Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by totit: 9:54pm On Aug 14, 2023
lexy2014:

From being innocent or executed for being guilty now.

These questions are getting boring. grin
Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by lexy2014: 2:33am On Aug 15, 2023
totit:

[b]From being innocent [/b]or executed for being guilty now.

These questions are getting boring. grin
\
\
how can a person be set free from being innocent?

Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by totit: 1:36pm On Aug 15, 2023
lexy2014:
\
\

Because he's neither guilty nor innocent until proven.
Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by lexy2014: 1:39pm On Aug 15, 2023
totit:

So how can a person be set free from being innocent?

Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by totit: 1:40pm On Aug 15, 2023
lexy2014:

So how can a person be set free from being innocent?

This is an already answered question.
Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by lexy2014: 1:42pm On Aug 15, 2023
totit:

This is an already answered question.

No it isn't. The keyword here is "how?"

Re: Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi by lexy2014: 1:43pm On Aug 15, 2023
totit:

"Because" answers the question "why".

The question I asked you is

"how can a person be set free from being innocent?"

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attempts To Take Over Air Force Base In Kaduna / Benue Militant Who Submitted 84 Guns To The State Govt / Akpabio Reveals First State Buhari Will Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.