Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,500 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone (29994 Views)

Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why / List Of Cheap Android Tablets In Nigeria / I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by nazzyon(m): 11:44am On Oct 14, 2011
Someone here has cleared the air, Apple phones are coupled in China,

So Huawei far has never done bad, Used its DSTV fone with MTN line, its CDMA fone with Starcomms, and a gift of chinese branded UI fone from a friend, All the fones are still in good condition,

Though I can't say much about the U8180, But with my experience with Huawei products I can say the fone should be monies worth,

It may not be able to compete with the likes of Galaxy and iPhone's because of its 500+MHz process but will do well in its own ranks,
Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by malikalhaj: 11:47am On Oct 14, 2011
lasunray:

19k? Okay i go use my 1st NYSC allawee buy am,
very funny, after spending all on phone, how will u survive for the month?
Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by born2boink(m): 12:39pm On Oct 14, 2011
malikalhaj:

very funny, after spending all on phone, how will u survive for the month?
Not bad,I have spent my one month salary on club and sleeping with a girl over night in just a day
Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by 0Edward0(m): 1:31pm On Oct 14, 2011
any confirmanto on this, i will like to buy, but i want user experience. please
Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by oluwabamis(m): 2:12pm On Oct 14, 2011
im interested in the phone. can somebody volunteer to buy d phone and give us feedback. just one good samaritan.
Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by yungwun(m): 3:39pm On Oct 14, 2011
I tested the phone and for the price it is very good.
I was a bit skeptical cos it came from Huawei but it is very solid
It can handle every android app and can download directly from the android market.

Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by yungwun(m): 3:40pm On Oct 14, 2011
pic 2
Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by logica(m): 3:43pm On Oct 14, 2011
@yungwun,

Quick question: did you try out the Maps application? I want to know how good the GPS is.
Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by yungwun(m): 3:55pm On Oct 14, 2011
pic 2

Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by yungwun(m): 4:00pm On Oct 14, 2011
pic 3

@Logica, yes the Map app was very good.
You need to remember that this is an android OS on the upgraded 2.2 platform so all those apps on Galaxy S and other high end phones will run,
Perhaps, the only difference will be the aesthetics , cos I mean those high end phones have HD screens etc, for 19k, it is a good buy!

Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by logica(m): 4:11pm On Oct 14, 2011
I don't even care about aesthetics; as long as the Map app works I'm good to go. smiley
Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by yungwun(m): 4:17pm On Oct 14, 2011
@Logica, my points exactly!
Moreso, the 3.75g HSPA+ network is pretty much amazing!
Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by maclatunji: 4:20pm On Oct 14, 2011
E be like say Huawei and Etisalat don strike Gold with this phone.
Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by logica(m): 4:23pm On Oct 14, 2011
maclatunji:

E be like say Huawei and Etisalat don strike Gold with this phone.
There's enough gold to go round, trust me. smiley
Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by amdman: 5:56pm On Oct 14, 2011
yungwun:

@Logica, my points exactly!
Moreso, the 3.75g HSPA+ network is pretty much amazing!

Have you tried using the phone to create a hotspot as advertised?
Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by ElGabi(m): 6:56pm On Oct 14, 2011
Hi all. The phone has a 528mhz CPU, pls would dis not affect the running of some android apps and cause lagging and hanging?
Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by yungwun(m): 7:29pm On Oct 14, 2011
To use as hotspot, : settings- wireless- network settings- wi-fi,
then use the app tethering to turn it to a portable wi- fi hotspot
Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by Djtm(m): 11:11pm On Oct 14, 2011
The phone's well priced. And etisalat offers you a call rate of 20k/s and 50mb every month for four months. See details>> http:///jtae
Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by Ossaifamous(m): 1:19am On Oct 15, 2011
@yungwun is the phone lock to etisalat
am thinking of getting this phone by the month end just to see if it price can push galaxy mini to 25k .
Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by kaykaodili: 5:50am On Oct 15, 2011
Only God knows how there UI will be, best android experience for me is touchwiz or sense ui
Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by unphilaz(m): 9:14am On Oct 15, 2011
@funkymall i used their other advertised phone and the battery life was good, apart from makin calls, i listen to music and do browse wap sites averagely i charge after 2days. hope tis battery for this phone will be good
Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by francis247(m): 10:37am On Oct 15, 2011
Is it possible 4 one 2 watch TV with this phone?
Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by pkv(m): 12:20pm On Oct 15, 2011
El Gabi:

Hi all. The phone has a 528mhz CPU, pls would dis not affect the running of some android apps and cause lagging and hanging?
and freezing.is my 9temare in a fone
Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by zion32(m): 3:58pm On Oct 15, 2011
wat of the graphics pls,how good is it
Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by zion32(m): 4:02pm On Oct 15, 2011
wat of the graphics,i mean the color is it ok
Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by francis247(m): 8:48pm On Oct 15, 2011
emmm, since the phone is china, can it run java let alone symbian apps?
Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by Yeske2(m): 10:53pm On Oct 15, 2011
zion32:

wat of the graphics,i mean the color is it ok
Colour, graphics all perfect
francis247:

Is it possible 4 one 2 watch TV with this phone?
If you mean local tv stations, no but can watch streaming stations
logica:

@yungwun,

Quick question: did you try out the Maps application? I want to know how good the GPS is.
Very good, i tried it yesterday and today and it was incredible
Guys i was sceptical at first but now i think it is worth the money big time and browsing is damn very fast
Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by 0Edward0(m): 12:55am On Oct 16, 2011
Pls where can i get this phone in phc.
Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by logica(m): 5:28am On Oct 16, 2011
francis247:

emmm, since the phone is china, can it run java let alone symbian apps?
When you are this ignorant, it is sometimes better to just be "quiet". This is an Android phone. What does Symbian have to do with it? "China phone" is a funny term. China accounts for most of the phones used world-wide including the iPhone. So you might as well call the iPhone a "China phone".

1 Like

Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 16, 2011
Cn it last two or three days on a single charge with internet usage
Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by francis247(m): 12:49pm On Oct 16, 2011
@yeske do you mean DSTV nd other satlite channels? That must be crazy expensive. streaming 4 1 min. with my exp music cost me a megabite.
Re: Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone by francis247(m): 1:12pm On Oct 16, 2011
logica:

When you are this ignorant, it is sometimes better to just be "quiet". This is an Android phone. What does Symbian have to do with it? "China phone" is a funny term. China accounts for most of the phones used world-wide including the iPhone. So you might as well call the iPhone a "China phone".
sorry my questions sound ridiculous. I dont know how other phones apart from java works. I just want 2 know if dis one can download use a normal KJV bible nd dictionary app nd not ebook. I'm asking this questns Kos I bought an etisalat phone not 2 long ago(Huawei g 3610) only 2 find out dat it can not use apps Except ebooks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Live Unveiling Of The TECNO Phantom X Device (watch Live) / MTN Loses 2m Subscribers In 3 Months / How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.