Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone (18994 Views)

5 Things You Should Know Before Buying Etisalat Blackberry Plan. / Beware!! Beware!! Why I Regreted Purchasing My Smart Phone From Belle- Vista Onl / Unlock All Huawei Phones By Imei: Huawei U8180 (gaga) &ANY HUAWEI PHONE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by civilserva: 10:41am On Nov 27, 2011
I just bought etisalat Huawei 8180 gaga phone for 19000naira for the sole aim of browsing with the phone. To my surprise, the phone drinks data like water. For example, i use 10 MB on my Tecno T8 java phone reading email and newspapers for three days, but Etisalat gaga drank the 10 MB for just 5 minutes. What i gathered from people suggests that Andriod OS can suck data like the way a baby sucks the mama breast.
Why bringing a device that will drain the pocket of the user? The 50MB bonus they advertise with the phone is completely rubbish. You can use it up within one hour.

They said the phone is internet hotspot capable, this is laughable as using the phone as router/hotspot will drain data the size of water in the Bar beach.

The phone is good only if you have free wifi in your area, you can enjoy browsing via free wifi.
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by puskin: 12:11pm On Nov 27, 2011
Huh, all smart fones consume data, whether u like it or not. , abi u think say na another Java fone u buy. Ur 10MB data subscription is nonsense.

As ur 3G is on, and ur browsing, yr fone is doing some auto background sync(dats why its called a smart fone), but U can disable it.
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by ikechukz(m): 1:21pm On Nov 28, 2011
u gat to live with it my friend.most smartphones will display websites exactly like the pc style and some websites have single pages of up to 5mb.my advice go and download opera browser or ucbrowser,they can shrink page sizes up to 90 percent.peace out.
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by Funkymallam(m): 3:24pm On Nov 28, 2011
Mu hehehehe
dats d power of andriod grin grin
I tot u were having a problem with dat 1daful fon but not again, bros wlkm to d world of smart fons. Enjoy yaself grin grin
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by edoyad(m): 4:31pm On Nov 28, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin . This is so funny. 3 weeks ago i bought 1gb MTN data plan to go with my new android for the month, 2 days later i had already consumed 600mb. grin , mind you there's still no 3G network in the state i am presently.
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by DrummaBoy(m): 5:45pm On Nov 28, 2011
Men U guys are talking Greek!
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by highland(m): 5:47pm On Nov 28, 2011
You need to install another browser like Bolt, opera mini to able to browse cheap.
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by Bonfire: 5:57pm On Nov 28, 2011
@edoyad: maybe you used most of the data setting up the phone? Downloading apps, settings, contact information, messages, etc. When i change phones i use up a lot of data setting up the phone but subsequently it settles down to between 5-10mb per day depending on usage.

@OP: Read up on ways to minimize data usage on your phone, with the right apps a properly configured Android phone should use about the same amount of data as a Symbian phone on a day to day basis, not counting initial setup.
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by mashnino(m): 5:58pm On Nov 28, 2011
DrummaBoy:

Men U guys are talking Greek!

den speak english
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by ogasir2011: 5:59pm On Nov 28, 2011
A friend of mine bought an ipad2 and was using mtn micro sim to browse he spends abt 3000k weeking on subcriptin . He sold it and he is currently using blackberry playbook he brigded the connection wit he bb and is enjoying browsing using d same subscrition as his bb.

Andriod devices r very fashionable, sleek, and nice but maintaining them is expensive
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by Bonfire: 6:12pm On Nov 28, 2011
@ogasir2011: Emmm, Ipad2 is not a "Andriod" device.
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by ogasir2011: 6:45pm On Nov 28, 2011
@bonfire,

My bad - iOS and andriod
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by FEMARY1: 6:52pm On Nov 28, 2011
you are browsing on 3g dude. ;d ;d

Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 28, 2011
Smart phones consume a lot of data.

From syncs to apps auto update, potentially can easily deplete 10mb in a few minutes.
Also web page loading can eat up a lot of web allowance. To limit cost, go to settings and disable gif animations, load images , enable mobile web page versions.

Also check your apps are not set to auto update
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 28, 2011
To be honest even angry , 10mb is peanuts cos even weather updates alone, Google maps undecided
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by abt(m): 7:17pm On Nov 28, 2011
Thesame thing happened to me last year. I got a Desire HD which uses Android OS. I realized my balance draining away even if make no calls throughout the day. I had to disable "Background data" from the options. There were no plans for Data based subscriptions that time so i had to endure the pains of using my balance to browse. But now i normally subscribe to 500MB of data which takes about a week before it runs out, after that i re subscribe. Thats all.
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by sholasong(m): 7:40pm On Nov 28, 2011
I.am sending this message from etisalat GaGa, men! the phone sweet. soup wey sweet NA money kill am.just disable the data if I are not browsing to save cost .
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by zinosleek(m): 8:09pm On Nov 28, 2011
I will stick to my blackberry then,it compresses data so I'm not worried about using up my data when browsing, and I can download music, movies and series.
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by Mavor: 8:50pm On Nov 28, 2011
Probably some other apps are connecting to the internet in the background and sucking data. Lots of google apps on android are guilty of this. Try installing an app called APNdroid. When you are dont want to use data, switch it on and it blocks all incoming and outgoing data. Also learn to use Running services option under Applications in settings to monitor running apps that may be chopping data. Stuffs like google map, gmail, gtalk, facebook, e.t.c need to be turned off when not in use else they will constantly be connecting for update.
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by damola1: 8:54pm On Nov 28, 2011
civilserva:

I just bought etisalat Huawei 8180 gaga phone for 19000naira for the sole aim of browsing with the phone. To my surprise, the phone drinks data like water. For example, i use 10 MB on my Tecno T8 java phone reading email and newspapers for three days, but Etisalat gaga drank the 10 MB for just 5 minutes. What i gathered from people suggests that Andriod OS can suck data like the way a baby sucks the mama bosom.
Why bringing a device that will drain the pocket of the user? The 50MB bonus they advertise with the phone is completely rubbish. You can use it up within one hour.

They said the phone is internet hotspot capable, this is laughable as using the phone as router/hotspot will drain data the size of water in the Bar beach.

The phone is good only if you have free wifi in your area, you can enjoy browsing via free wifi.

Guy, you have a very funny way, extremely hilarious way of saying things, I wouldn't mind having you as a pal, cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin cool cool cool cool

Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by damola1: 8:55pm On Nov 28, 2011
civilserva:

I just bought etisalat Huawei 8180 gaga phone for 19000naira for the sole aim of browsing with the phone. To my surprise, the phone drinks data like water. For example, i use 10 MB on my Tecno T8 java phone reading email and newspapers for three days, but Etisalat gaga drank the 10 MB for just 5 minutes. What i gathered from people suggests that Andriod OS can suck data like the way a baby sucks the mama bosom.

Guy, you have a very funny way, extremely hilarious way of saying things,  I wouldn't mind having you as a pal,  cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin cool cool cool cool
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 9:33pm On Nov 28, 2011
OP take heart. Big phone, big problem
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by steezyhere(m): 9:35pm On Nov 28, 2011
What u need to do is go to account sync from settings and turn off background data, that should stop the excess use up of data. Then download netquin mobile security, u can monitor data usage with it. Lastly download opera mini. that's what I do on my galaxy when cash is low

1 Like

Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by KINGwax(m): 9:51pm On Nov 28, 2011
Nokia smartphones don't consume data. Note that for a change. Buy the new nokia n8 or n9. The best mega pixel in the world, the later symbian technology in the world, the best smart phone ever. Forget the social toys like blackberry and move with the master
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by dastudent(m): 9:57pm On Nov 28, 2011
shut down all background operations.That's why i love my iphone.

There are lots of operations running at the background.Figure out how to shut them down and your data wouldn't go down as much as it is.
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by silibaba: 10:04pm On Nov 28, 2011
am still in love with my etisalat GaGa grin
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by dastudent(m): 10:06pm On Nov 28, 2011
shut down all background operations.That's why i love my iphone.

There are lots of operations running at the background.Figure out how to shut them down and your data wouldn't go down as much as it is.
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by ayodot(m): 10:13pm On Nov 28, 2011
There are way you can go about it.
1. u can switct off auto uopdate and autosync and switch off background data
2. U can just simply switch of all data connection when connection is not needed
3. u can do item (1.) (2.) at the same time.
The thiing is that andriod OS is free. So google makes is money through adverts. Viirtually all android apps displays ads.
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by agabaI23(m): 10:14pm On Nov 28, 2011
My bros

Turn off your autosync and always remember to turn of data traffic  when you finish browsing
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by tayoast(m): 10:32pm On Nov 28, 2011
agabaI23:

My bros

Turn off your autosync and always remember to turn of data traffic  when you finish browsing

That's the way forward.

I use 15mb for 2-3 days by making sure Opera Mini and Ubersocial dont load images.
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by Sike(m): 10:40pm On Nov 28, 2011
Oh God! And i'm still thinking of getting this Gaga of a phone ni sha. I'd betta try smth else cuz i dont joke wit my MB mehn!
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by grandstar(m): 10:55pm On Nov 28, 2011
Thanks for this thread. Will take these things to heart whenever I want to upgrade

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy / I Updated My Iphone 11 To Ios 17 And This Notification Won’t Go Away / Is 50000mah Power Bank Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.