Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,232 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Join Politics To Stop Fraudulent Elections, Obasanjo Tells Christians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Join Politics To Stop Fraudulent Elections, Obasanjo Tells Christians (408 Views)

Elections: Obasanjo Acting Like A Little Child Without Responsibility – Sagay / Tajudeen Ade: I Drove Lamborghini At 18, Joined Politics To Serve Not For Money / Nepotism Is Corruption, Obasanjo Tells Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Join Politics To Stop Fraudulent Elections, Obasanjo Tells Christians by Kuginzi: 7:33am On Aug 13, 2023
By Ademola Adegbite

The former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, on Saturday said elections in Nigeria were corrupt, urging Christians to fully participate in politics to make it clean.

He made this known at the 57th annual convention and 67th anniversary of The Gospel Faith Mission International held at the Gospel City, Ogunmakin on Lagos/Ibadan expressway in Ogun State.

Obasanjo, while speaking on the theme, ‘The Roles of the Church in Nation Building at a Time Like This’, said when there is insecurity, hopelessness, poverty, depression, a time that is not conducive to living, the church must rise up to the occasion as the salt of the world.

"The foundation of election in Nigeria is corruption and you cannot make corruption the foundation of anything for it to be good”

While sighting the 1999 elections, he said the two first sad and bad experiences he had were during the local government election,were PDP was totally rejected.

"The two first sad and bad experiences that I had, we had local govt election in 1999.”

A few days to the election, they said to me where is the money for the police, money for INEC, I said no money , money for DSS”.

Obasanjo noted he did not make money available because he felt all government agencies should have been paid towards discharging their duties.

Earlier, the General-Overseer of GOFAMINT, E. O. Abina, recalled that during a visit to Aso Rock Chapel when Obasanjo was the President, he met with him teaching Sunday School, adding that when they both spoke on his arrival at the convention ground, the former President told him to his astonishment that he was still teaching Sunday School.

https://punchng.com/join-politics-to-stop-fraudulent-elections-obasanjo-tells-christians/

Re: Join Politics To Stop Fraudulent Elections, Obasanjo Tells Christians by YoobaNesan: 7:33am On Aug 13, 2023
grin
Re: Join Politics To Stop Fraudulent Elections, Obasanjo Tells Christians by adebayo987: 7:46am On Aug 13, 2023
Baba, your own better o... At least you were a military general. Now na occultic forms you go fill before you fit call yourself a political candy.
Kuginzi:
By Ademola Adegbite

The former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, on Saturday said elections in Nigeria were corrupt, urging Christians to fully participate in politics to make it clean.

He made this known at the 57th annual convention and 67th anniversary of The Gospel Faith Mission International held at the Gospel City, Ogunmakin on Lagos/Ibadan expressway in Ogun State.

Obasanjo, while speaking on the theme, ‘The Roles of the Church in Nation Building at a Time Like This’, said when there is insecurity, hopelessness, poverty, depression, a time that is not conducive to living, the church must rise up to the occasion as the salt of the world.

"The foundation of election in Nigeria is corruption and you cannot make corruption the foundation of anything for it to be good”

While sighting the 1999 elections, he said the two first sad and bad experiences he had were during the local government election,were PDP was totally rejected.

"The two first sad and bad experiences that I had, we had local govt election in 1999.”

A few days to the election, they said to me where is the money for the police, money for INEC, I said no money , money for DSS”.

Obasanjo noted he did not make money available because he felt all government agencies should have been paid towards discharging their duties.

Earlier, the General-Overseer of GOFAMINT, E. O. Abina, recalled that during a visit to Aso Rock Chapel when Obasanjo was the President, he met with him teaching Sunday School, adding that when they both spoke on his arrival at the convention ground, the former President told him to his astonishment that he was still teaching Sunday School.

https://punchng.com/join-politics-to-stop-fraudulent-elections-obasanjo-tells-christians/
Re: Join Politics To Stop Fraudulent Elections, Obasanjo Tells Christians by bandOFhorses: 7:54am On Aug 13, 2023
when I look at the history of Nigeria. You and Gowon had real windows to have turned this country around.
but your lack of vision was such a big problem for ya

if you had a vision in 1999, Nigeria will be such a great nation today. Norway began their educational reform in 1999. operation you must go to school. you must get experience working in industry before your final year( like compulsory internship for SS2).

by 2016, Norway was the most developed nation in the world. high human development index. free education for its citizens and even international ones UP TO PHD LEVEL.

All you needed was have a vision. like the vision less cycle of leaders we have continued having since democracy.
Re: Join Politics To Stop Fraudulent Elections, Obasanjo Tells Christians by sleek214(m): 8:03am On Aug 13, 2023
Obasanjo tried to force the Fraudulent Obi on us using this same Christian shit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Join Politics To Stop Fraudulent Elections, Obasanjo Tells Christians by khalling2008: 8:04am On Aug 13, 2023
See rubbish talk from a useless former president. Why not called for Christian politics when the Northern chose you as their candidate in 1999,

Why not called for Christian politics when the Northern voted for you in 2003?

But now, when the northern rejected your lord and savior of Obi Peter, you remembered that Christians should go for politics. I hope those Christians that are in national politics are unchristian or what?

Baba, don't worry, another 8yrs will soon come when you will bring another Lord and savior to Christendom, and remember that without the united southern region, Christian presidents from the southeast will never win the election in this country unless they med their relationship another religion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Join Politics To Stop Fraudulent Elections, Obasanjo Tells Christians by jmoore(m): 8:19am On Aug 13, 2023
khalling2008:
See rubbish talk from a useless former president. Why not called for Christian politics when the Northern chose you as their candidate in 1999,

Why not called for Christian politics when the Northern voted for you in 2003?

But now, when the northern rejected your lord and savior of Obi Peter, you remembered that Christians should go for politics. I hope those Christians that are in national politics are unchristian or what?

Baba, don't worry, another 8yrs will soon come when you will bring another Lord and savior to Christendom, and remember that without the united southern region, Christian presidents from the southeast will never win the election in this country unless they med their relationship another religion.

Look at the creature calling Obasanjo useless.

Better go to primary school and learn first before you bury English language.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Join Politics To Stop Fraudulent Elections, Obasanjo Tells Christians by abbeyie007(m): 8:28am On Aug 13, 2023
That's my Church... (GOFAMINT) The word for the World
Re: Join Politics To Stop Fraudulent Elections, Obasanjo Tells Christians by b3llo(m): 8:33am On Aug 13, 2023
True talk. Northern Christains need to actively participate in elections
Re: Join Politics To Stop Fraudulent Elections, Obasanjo Tells Christians by khalling2008: 9:18pm On Aug 14, 2023
jmoore:

Better go to primary school and learn first before you bury the English language.
Clap for yourself Mr. English teacher and don't tell me you are still in Nigeria suffering with your mr know all English teacher
Re: Join Politics To Stop Fraudulent Elections, Obasanjo Tells Christians by FloatingSeed: 9:26pm On Aug 14, 2023
If you refuse to vote , do not complain about bad leaders

I had to come hard on a neighbour who avoid elections like plague. You can't be complaining of bad governance when you never get engaged in it.

Guys please, help me get to 100 subscribers. Watch and subscribe to my channel please.

From Fear to Freedom: How the World's Worst Dictators Ruled with an Iron Fist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atVqXPoOucc
Re: Join Politics To Stop Fraudulent Elections, Obasanjo Tells Christians by KanwuliaExtra: 9:48pm On Aug 14, 2023
Look whose talking!
Re: Join Politics To Stop Fraudulent Elections, Obasanjo Tells Christians by Sharpsharp00123: 10:38pm On Aug 14, 2023
jmoore:

Better go to primary school and learn first before you bury English language.
keep quiet Oga

I guess u were in primary school when obj was president n inec puppet Maurice iwu

People were still voting in various polling units in Nigeria when Maurice iwu announced results

Ayo fayose made it clear he n obj wrote results on obj bed n that’s y fayose always tackle obj anytime he criticizes anyone

Obj is d worst president in terms of conducting election in Nigeria, buhari was fair not to interfere with election but even yar adua admitted d election that brought in him was a sham

It’s annoying people like u see obj as a good man today cos he’s supporting obi
Re: Join Politics To Stop Fraudulent Elections, Obasanjo Tells Christians by Praxis758: 1:41am On Aug 15, 2023
The failure of this Baba to amend the 1999 false constitution to a people’s constitution should be his greatest regret after leaving office.

I’m sure he won’t be happy seeing how messy and floppy the document is, but it’s too late to amend it.

Obj remains the last person that should condemn any election in this country.
Re: Join Politics To Stop Fraudulent Elections, Obasanjo Tells Christians by Kukutente23: 2:04am On Aug 15, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
keep quiet Oga

I guess u were in primary school when obj was president n inec puppet Maurice iwu

People were still voting in various polling units in Nigeria when Maurice iwu announced results

Ayo fayose made it clear he n obj wrote results on obj bed n that’s y fayose always tackle obj anytime he criticizes anyone

Obj is d worst president in terms of conducting election in Nigeria, buhari was fair not to interfere with election but even yar adua admitted d election that brought in him was a sham

It’s annoying people like u see obj as a good man today cos he’s supporting obi
Lol. How you guys believe any rubbish about people you're not fond of but dismiss same about politicians you're in love with need to be studied in Havard.
I want to assume you heard fayose make those claims with your two ears and not some reported news. If so, know that it's a blatant lie. By 2005, Fayose had been ousted from office by the same OBJ under the guise of state of emergency and later impeached in 2006 by same OBJ- induced House of Assembly.
That's Fayose's main grouse with OBJ and it's obvious from these above facts they couldn't have been in same room in 2007 not to even mention writing results together.
You lots need to scrutinze things you hear before your prejudicial instincts push you to swallow them

(1) (Reply)

The Story Of Kazeem Idowu, A Farmer Who Built A Bridge For His Community. / Tinubu’s Certificate: Probe Chicago Varsity, Timi Frank Tells FBI, CIA / Zamfra: When A Governor Abdicates His Responsibilities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.