Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar (26220 Views)

Coup: Nigeriens Protest Against President Tinubu In Niamey (Photos, Video) / INEC Issues Certificates Of Return To Umar Abubakar Kebbi Governor-Elect, Deputy / Panic As Simon Ekpa Contemplates Waging War On Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by LagosFirstSon: 7:37am On Aug 13, 2023
Some Nigerians who fled the Republic of Niger following the coup that toppled the government of President Mohamed Bazoum and the impending military action against the junta by the Economic Community of West African States, tell ANIMASAHUN SALMAN how ECOWAS action will affect them

Where do you reside in Niger Republic and what is your occupation there?

My name is Umar Abubakar. I am an indigene of Kebbi State residing in Agadez, a community in the Niger Republic, where I engage in a furniture business.

What exactly brought you to Illela in Sokoto State?

I am staying here (in Illela) for now after running away from my place of work in the Niger Republic due to the heightened tension on the ground as a result of the disposition of the Economic Community of West African States.

Immediately after the takeover of power by the military junta from President Mohamed Bazoum, there was a bit of tension for some days until normalcy was restored in the country.

What has been the feeling among Nigerians in Niger Republic since ECOWAS vowed to reinstate the ousted president?

Ever since the pronouncement by ECOWAS that the ousted president should be reinstated, a lot of us, especially those of us from Nigeria, have been having sleepless nights. Although there have not been any attacks on us, anything can happen if we are not careful. That was why I decided to come back to Nigeria and pray for an amicable resolutions of the crisis over there (in Niger Republic).

To a layman in Niger Republic now, Nigeria is waging war against them. They don’t know what ECOWAS is about, and Nigeria, being one of the most populous nations, is being perceived as the brain behind the impending attack on Nigerien territories.

Are you worried that a war could ensue in the Niger Republic?

I hope this issue doesn’t result in a war because if it does, only God knows what will happen afterward. The ordinary citizens in the Niger Republic need serious sensitisation to understand that what ECOWAS is doing is for their sake otherwise some of us (Nigerians) living with them may find it difficult henceforth.

As a Nigerian resident in Niger Republic, what do you want the Federal Government to do?

My message to our government in Nigeria is to have a plan B for some of our people living in that country. We all know how Nigeria is and that is why some of us decided to try our luck over there (in Niger Republic) and with what is happening now, our continued stay there may be a problem.

The government should ensure the safety of our people in Niger Republic, we (Nigerians) are many over there and we are from every tribe in Nigeria. Our government should start thinking of using diplomatic ways to evacuate us if there is going to be an attack against those coup plotters before they (Nigeriens) will turn against us. We all remember what happened in South Africa, where the businesses of our people became their target. We don’t want to suffer unjustly, so the government should do the needful now.

Can you describe the situation in the Re public of Niger before you returned to Nigeria?

My name is Haruna Abdulazeez. I am from Osun State in Nigeria but I reside in Altis, one of the communities in Niger Republic. I work as an artisan over there. The tension was a bit high before I left for Nigeria and that was the reason why I temporarily left Niger Republic for Nigeria to watch closely as events unfold before deciding when and if I will go back.

Were there threats of an attack by the host communities against foreigners, especially Nigerians over there following the decision of the Economic Community of West African States led by President Bola Tinubu?

Honestly, there was nothing like that before but one never can say. Those people (Nigeriens) may decide to attack us anytime and since it would be difficult for us to hide, I decided to come back to Nigeria and stay in Illela for some time before things normalise over there.

If you have the opportunity, what will you advise the Federal Government of Nigeria to do for its citizens in Niger Republic?

First, I will appreciate it if our government can put the interest of Nigerians in Niger Republic at heart. Any attempt to declare war through ECOWAS on the military junta in Niger Republic is a direct attack on the citizens of Nigeria there. Some of the states there are not like the ones in Nigeria. Their road network is very bad, coupled with the rainy season we are in now. It will be very difficult for most of us to find a way out before they kill us all. My plea to the Nigerian government is to discourage ECOWAS from declaring war against Niger Republic in the interest of some of us working and residing there.

Have you contacted your family in Osun State about your situation and what you intend to do next?

I have spoken with them and they all supported my action to flee Niger Republic and come to Illela in Sokoto for now for security reasons. Most of us who have returned for now have one or two relatives living in Illela, so it’s not as if we live as refugees. Although it cannot be compared to one’s normal way of life, at least we are not in an internally displaced persons’ camp in Illela.

What do you do in Niger Republic where you reside?

My name is Nuhu Abdullahi. I am from Niger State but I reside in Niger Republic. There, I sell food items.

Why did you return to Nigeria, leaving your business behind in Niger Republic?

I came to Illela so that I can relax and watch what is happening in Niger Republic before deciding on what to do going forward.

Can you describe your recent experience there and what happened before you returned to Illela?

I left due to the tension generated as a result of the military coup where the civilian government was toppled. Initially, the coup was followed by serious protests as citizens were seen burning vehicles. In short, I am here to save myself from any possible attacks as citizens of the Niger Republic may retaliate if the so-called ECOWAS forces attempt to enter their country.

The unfortunate aspect is the fact that those of us living there may pay the ultimate price if there is an attack by ECOWAS or any military from anywhere.

How long have you been in Illela?

I have been here for some days and I don’t know when I will leave here for now, but it will depend on when the situation in Niger Republic improves.

Where do you live in Niger Republic?

I live in a place not far from Illela and I had to return to Nigeria to save my life in case of escalation of the crisis. Some of the citizens of the Niger Republic now see us as their enemies, which is very unfortunate. We have been living together in peace with these people until the coup and the subsequent reaction of ECOWAS leaders.

Our appeal to the leadership of ECOWAS is to consider the ordinary citizens of both Niger Republic and Nigeria who have no knowledge or input in the coup. All we want is peace and we want the government and ECOWAS leaders to enter into dialogue for a way out. The use of force as proposed cannot help us in any way. It will only rub salt on injury. The government should put our interests into consideration before taking any action.

https://punchng.com/nigeriens-angry-believe-tinubu-waging-war-against-them-nigerians-fleeing-niger/?amp

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by LagosFirstSon: 7:37am On Aug 13, 2023
It's a Tinubu war against the Niger republic and northerners, not Nigerian war .

Good the Niger republic people see it as Tinubu war against the country and the northerners, not Nigerian war.

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by helinues: 7:39am On Aug 13, 2023
Have you contacted your family in Osun State about your situation and what you intend to do next?

No need to stress as this na another concorted bunkum.

We go dey burst una left and right

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:40am On Aug 13, 2023
naija people dey waka.
diplomacy is the best approach

2 Likes

Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by Greenwood18: 7:40am On Aug 13, 2023
shocked shocked shocked shocked cool
Meanwhile dollar to hit 2k
https://exclusivedispatch.com/dollar-to-hit-%e2%82%a62000-by-december-2023/
Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by LagosFirstSon: 7:43am On Aug 13, 2023
helinues:

No need to stress as this na another concorted bunkum.

We go dey burst una left and right
And your point is?

No Osun state person living in Niger republic?

The number of Yoruba people living in Niger republic are way more than the South east people living there .

86 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by tishbite42: 7:44am On Aug 13, 2023
So Yorubas still dey Niger Republic??

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by helinues: 7:45am On Aug 13, 2023
LagosFirstSon:

And your point is?

No Osun state person living in Niger republic?

The number of Yoruba people living in Niger republic are way more than the South east people living there .

When I saw the headline and the op, the first thing to search for is Osun state and voila, I found it.

Make una stop concorting fake news. The chances of interviewing someone from Osun state living in Niger state is 5 to 100

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by frankyychiji(f): 7:46am On Aug 13, 2023
We yellow bars want war. Awa son Amoda yekini must unleash war on Niger republic to punish Igbo people living in Niger.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by helinues: 7:50am On Aug 13, 2023
My name is Haruna Abdulazeez. I am from Osun State in Nigeria

Haruna Abdulazeez from Osun state. Walahi all this fake news concorters don dey kolo.

Imagine, they couldn't even interview one single person from the Nigerians who have been protesting in Niger in support of the military.

DSS will soon get into full action by arresting all the fake news peddlers

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by Finestgurlie(f): 7:51am On Aug 13, 2023
helinues:

Haruna Abdulazeez from Osun state. Walahi all this fake news concorters don dey kolo.

Imagine, they couldn't even interview one single person from the Nigerians who have been protesting in Niger in support of the military.

stop wearing pant.

by the way how do you see this name "doti masters"
cheesy
suggest a better name for them

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by BoldBrainz(m): 7:53am On Aug 13, 2023
helinues:

When I saw the headline and the op, the first thing to search for is Osun state and voila, I found it.

Make una stop concorting fake news. The chances of interviewing someone from Osun state living in Niger state is 5 to 100

This boy is indeed, very unwell!

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by LagosFirstSon: 7:53am On Aug 13, 2023
helinues:

Osun state is a very poor state and the people living there are within the poverty line . No be everything you go dey argue about

Osun state is a poor state.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by helinues: 7:55am On Aug 13, 2023
LagosFirstSon:

Osun state is a very poor state and the people living there are within the poverty line . No be everything you go dey argue about

Osun state is a poor state.

Hope you remember you are also from that Osun state as your dad is from there . Abi you wan deny on this thread

Hahahaha, see beautiful own goal...

Wailing gone wrong

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by Finestgurlie(f): 7:56am On Aug 13, 2023
angry
Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by Kukutente23: 7:57am On Aug 13, 2023
helinues:

I'm sure if the name read Chinedu Emeka from Enugu you will not bat an eyelid to believe it

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by helinues: 7:57am On Aug 13, 2023
Finestgurlie:
have you heard of "doti masters"
do you love me so much like you send on my dm ? 🙄

Mynd44
Oam4j
Mukina
Dominique
Seun

Kindly assist us with this fellow trying to derail this thread

Rule 1

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by LagosFirstSon: 7:58am On Aug 13, 2023
helinues:

Hope you remember you are also from that Osun state as your dad is from there . Abi you wan deny on this thread

Hahahaha, see beautiful own goal...

Wailing gone wrong
I am half Lagos and half Imo state . I belong to both world.

Osun state is a poor state and there are many Osun people living in Niger hustling same with the Igbos and other tribe .

I Know when to argue , no be everything person go argue .

Nigerians are scattered all over the countries of the world . There is no country that you won't find Nigerians especially from Hausas, Igbos and yorubas .

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by helinues: 7:59am On Aug 13, 2023
Kukutente23:

I'm sure if the name read Chinedu Emeka from Enugu you will not bat an eyelid to believe it

Emeka's should have been the first to interview as they have been the one protesting in support of the military junta in Niger. How come they are missing from the interview. I thought they are the most affected ni

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by helinues: 7:59am On Aug 13, 2023
LagosFirstSon:

I am half Lagos and half Imo state . I belong to both world.

Osun state is a poor state and there are many Osun people living in Niger hustling same with the Igbos and other tribe .

I Know when to argue , no be everything person go argue .

Nigerians are scattered all over the countries of the world . There is no country that you won't find Nigerians especially from Hausas, Igbos and yorubas .

All liars shall rot inside a Black hole. Wasn't your girlfriend originally from Imo state hence loving the Igbo's until recently your mum informed you she's from Imo state. You don lie so tey on this forum , lie self dey fear you

The Oniro of Iroland

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by LagosFirstSon: 8:00am On Aug 13, 2023
helinues:

All liars shall rot inside a Black hole

The Oniro of Iroland
believe what you want to believe boy

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by GoodRocks: 8:21am On Aug 13, 2023
Damn!

Tinubu, just like the average Yoluba man is a toothless bulldog! He can't do anything!

He isn't going to any war. Werey never fight Hunger and insecurity in Nigeria na Niger he wan go fight. Coward

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by Softmadeit(m): 8:22am On Aug 13, 2023

1 Like

Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by Fugazy2023: 8:22am On Aug 13, 2023
Which Nigeriens are angry grin
Na all this ipob miscreants calling himself Umar Abubakar from Kebbi grin running away from Niger dey paint this fake narrative grin
How Tinubu dey take wage war against Niger? Na Tinubu be Ecowas abi na Tinubu plot coup to oust a legitimate president?
If they don't want the president, why can't dey vote him out in the next election since you clowns are painting the narrative that the whole country dont like the president. Awon clowns 🤡🤡
Ecowas will invade weather una like am or not. Una don kuku hate Tinubu already so your hates on him isn't different from what it has already been.
Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by Puss360(f): 8:23am On Aug 13, 2023
Wahala... Sorry
Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:24am On Aug 13, 2023
Una better dey come back, human life no get meaning for these parts

1 Like

Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by ThiefnubuBandit: 8:24am On Aug 13, 2023
Tinuboo is an incompetent idiot!!! I'll continue to say the truth on this forum. That wicked tribal moderator that keeps hiding my comment, you can as well hide this one. Mugu!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by Pwettylinda(f): 8:24am On Aug 13, 2023
grin
Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by Ubdavison: 8:24am On Aug 13, 2023
Ok. Next
Re: Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar by Lexiskillz09: 8:24am On Aug 13, 2023
LagosFirstSon:
It's a Tinubu war against the Niger republic and northerners, not Nigerian war .

Good the Niger republic people see it as Tinubu war against the country and the northerners, not Nigerian war.

Return to Democracy or burn.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bauchi Residents Set Broom Ablaze During Peter Obi's Campaign Rally / EFCC Declares Okereke Fugitive DG Of NATFORCE Wanted / Rochas Okorocha Campaign For Akinwumi Ambode In Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.