Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,180 members, 7,849,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:49 AM

Where Should I Go? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Where Should I Go? (246 Views)

Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? / Should I Go Back To School Or Continue Working? / 6-Year Degree Program Or Professional Courses, Which Should I Go For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Should I Go? by Starzzy: 8:39am On Aug 13, 2023
Hello. I'm currently preparing for law school. I wanted to choose Lagos campus because Lagos state is the closest to my state but I don't really like the hustles and bustles of Lagos, so I decided choose the new campus at Port Harcourt in Rivers State.

The issue is that in Law school, one has to fend for himself as cooking is not allowed like in the normal university. Therefore, you have to buy your food.

But due to the current economic climate in Nigeria, I'm thinking that the cost of living and cost of food in Port Harcourt and Lagos will be quite high. So I would prefer a place where food is cheap.

I was contemplating going to the Northern States like Kano or any other Northern State, but the insecurity is quite discouraging.

Note that I can only fill two campuses and I will be deployed to one.

So, I need your advise on where to go for my law school. Those who have done their law school especially in the Northern States should please contribute. Thanks
Re: Where Should I Go? by Suspect33(m): 9:23am On Aug 13, 2023
Starzzy:
Hello. I'm currently preparing for law school. I wanted to choose Lagos campus because Lagos state is the closest to my state but I don't really like the hustles and bustles of Lagos, so I decided choose the new campus at Port Harcourt in Rivers State.

The issue is that in Law school, one has to fend for himself as cooking is not allowed like in the normal university. Therefore, you have to buy your food.

But due to the current economic climate in Nigeria, I'm thinking that the cost of living and cost of food in Port Harcourt and Lagos will be quite high. So I would prefer a place where food is cheap.

I was contemplating going to the Northern States like Kano or any other Northern State, but the insecurity is quite discouraging.

Note that I can only fill two campuses and I will be deployed to one.

So, I need your advise on where to go for my law school. Those who have done their law school especially in the Northern States should please contribute. Thanks
Kano is more secure than all the southern states you mentioned up there. So if security is your only concern about Kano, you've got nothing to worry about. I can guarantee this because I spent almost 20 years in Kano and hope to return someday. ✌🏾
Re: Where Should I Go? by Kingsasian(m): 9:48am On Aug 13, 2023
Which insecurity? The North is not as bad as what you read on the media. Most northern states are safer than southern states. I am from the south south but resides in the North.
Re: Where Should I Go? by Oyindamolah: 6:05pm On Aug 13, 2023
North any day anytime
Re: Where Should I Go? by LegallyBlunt: 9:12pm On Aug 13, 2023
Kano is your best bet. It's secure and the food is cheap. If possible, try and go early for better accommodation.

(1) (Reply)

Electrical Engineering Vs Civil Engineering / I No Gree For Anybody… I Reject Your Rejection” – Nigerian Man Writes Back To HR / How To Make Your First $1000 Without Lifting A Single Finger!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.