Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,562 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade (17463 Views)

ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic / Ali Lamine Zeine: Meet The New Prime Minister Of Niger Republic / Largest Ethnic Groups In Niger Republic (Hausa 54%) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by Owaincouncil: 6:47pm On Aug 13, 2023
Let me ask the obedients this question. Had it been that PO is the president of Nigeria, what will he do in this situation.
Will he encourage and support the coup. Will he open his border despite the coup. Will he support tge coup govt or ecowas.
I just need a sincere answer and not insult.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by wittywriter: 6:48pm On Aug 13, 2023
SMH

Wittyness
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by sslcrypt: 6:48pm On Aug 13, 2023
😂 no offense that's no money. It's s drop in Nigeria total trade but very big for the coup leaders. How will you run an economy isolated from key trading partners. Look at china the BIGGEST investor in Africa, Niger isn't even in the list of destination with Chinese investment. All you talking down on tinibu are just senseless, I dislike APC but that doesn't mean I will destroy my country.

1 Like

Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by squash47(m): 6:50pm On Aug 13, 2023
BoldBrainz:

What's the relationship between this nonsense you wrote here and the thread content?
The relationship is that Nigeria is a very rich country. Considering the quantity of natural resources we have.
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by Eriokanmi: 6:51pm On Aug 13, 2023
ManirBK:
interesting but Dialogue is the best answer and Let peace lead
It may delay the project due to breach of trust on the part of our country and leadership. How can you threaten military deployment
to a sovereign state when they're not at war with your country, just because you are a head of same voluntary organisation of which both of you are members? Buhari put a lot of efforts into the pipeline project. No sovereign country would have allowed a major gas pipeline pass through their domain just like that, if not for the robust MOU signed by both countries in Buhari's administration. I recalled how many times the Niger people had visited abuja and Nigeria delegates also visited Niger over this project.

At some point, buhari sent some Toyota high value vehicles to them, just as a form of donation , which witnessed criticisms across Nigeria. I saw it as a form of saying, thank you to them because Nigeria would benefit the most from the project. Its just like the Mainone cable which travelled across the Atlantic from Europe to Nigeria. Several establishments are now benefiting from it today. What of the revenue and employment generation?

This is what happens when you have somone who's ill prepared in government,.someone without a national and International relations experience in leadership position. How can someone use a state's experience to judge, when it comes to national issues?. Fashola or Osinbajo would have functioned better in those key areas. Since he's said oun lokan, let's see how far he'd retard the Nigeria's growth.
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by Henryfortune(m): 6:52pm On Aug 13, 2023
slivertongue:
Blame Tinubu

Keep quiet.... it's just logical to look at both sides of a coin before you comment on issues and not just speak without reasoning...Do you expect Nigerian govt to do business with that country in this situation
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by Chucks13: 6:53pm On Aug 13, 2023
I know enemy of peace and progress will not be happy when they read the coupist are ready for a talk with ECOWAS I knew they will surely post something to rekindle the trolls and insults but you know what? We don't care about any fuc-king $180m shit "Bitter Liar Obi" alone is sitting on top of over $200m worth not to mention the "real cash Dons" in Nigeria, sorry $180m is no money to Nigeria pls.

Come to Abuja and see wonders, go to Banana Island and Ikoyi and see "Dons" dey here dey yarn $180m my Pooh as a threat to a whole Nigeria.
F u c k dat pls.

Next topic biko....
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by Larryndelaw: 6:54pm On Aug 13, 2023
Owaincouncil:
Let me ask the obedients this question. Had it been that PO is the president of Nigeria, what will he do in this situation.
Will he encourage and support the coup. Will he open his border despite the coup. Will he support tge coup govt or ecowas.
I just need a sincere answer and not insult.
Thanks
Obi the Scammer and his myopic followers are evil to Nigeria. They called Nigeria Zoo and still want to be the president of the same country.
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by WillEndInPraise: 6:54pm On Aug 13, 2023
ManirBK:

https://leadership.ng/coup-threatens-180m-nigeria-niger-republic-cross-border-trade/
If not for nepotism, that project should be from Nigeria and Benin Republic not Niger.
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by Skillsnigeria: 6:54pm On Aug 13, 2023
Okay
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by BoldBrainz(m): 7:01pm On Aug 13, 2023
squash47:

The relationship is that Nigeria is a very rich country. Considering the quantity of natural resources we have.

It's still not relating to the subject in discourse.
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:04pm On Aug 13, 2023
Moh227:
cool

Nigeria produces 2.3 million barrels of crude oil per day

Just crude oil alone, Not LNG

Brent crude oil sells at $86 per barrel

$180m to Nigeria is like a penny, even Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga and Rabiu or AA Rano won't blink an eye over $180m

Look at the International Shipping routes map that Cargo ship follows... You will understand Niger are in real trouble

Yet your Lord and Master the Daura Disaster was borrowing, borrowing and borrowing.....
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by badthinds: 7:05pm On Aug 13, 2023
See how much we're Missing because we want to dance to the tune of foreigners. Nigeria is superior to Niger. We do not have to prove this to colonial masters in disguise.
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by Moh227: 7:06pm On Aug 13, 2023
Jeezuzpick:

Yet your Lord and Master the Daura Disaster was borrowing, borrowing and borrowing.....

Funding critical project on loan is actually an intelligent move... That's how foriegn developed countries do
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by Moh227: 7:07pm On Aug 13, 2023
BoldBrainz:

It's still not relating to the subject in discourse.

You have comprehension issues... If you still by now can figure out the link
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by BoldBrainz(m): 7:08pm On Aug 13, 2023
Moh227:

Maybe I do.
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by Memphitz357: 7:10pm On Aug 13, 2023
Who has noticed that certified fool called Buhari was been quiet ever since?
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by nedekid: 7:11pm On Aug 13, 2023
Moh227:
cool

Nigeria produces 2.3 million barrels of crude oil per day

Just crude oil alone, Not LNG

Brent crude oil sells at $86 per barrel

$180m to Nigeria is like a penny, even Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga and Rabiu or AA Rano won't blink an eye over $180m

Look at the International Shipping routes map that Cargo ship follows... You will understand Niger are in real trouble

You think $180m is like pennies to Nigeria? Guess you may be a government official. They are so rich that they buy lexus 600 suvs for 250m a piece.
$180m Nigeria could not provide for international airlines to the extent the money had ballooned to over 800m today causing airlines to remove cheap tickets from the Nigerian route. That contributed to emirates and other airlines stop flights to Nigeria. Nigeria broke the records as having 70% of the debt world wide to airlines.

1 Like

Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:11pm On Aug 13, 2023
Moh227:

Funding critical project on loan is actually an intelligent move... That's how foriegn developed countries do

I hope youre celebrating your "developed" country now?

1 Like

Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by Moh227: 7:13pm On Aug 13, 2023
Jeezuzpick:

I hope youre celebrating your "developed" country now?

Yes I am patriotic and celebrating Nigeria

Are you celebrating Biafra
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by saintbillion(m): 7:15pm On Aug 13, 2023
BoldBrainz:

What's the relationship between this nonsense you wrote here and the thread content?
My brother the thing tire me self

Some people are sheep
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by Machinegun91(m): 7:17pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nigeria has nothing to loose. I pitty those Niger abokis
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by diamondbody(m): 7:17pm On Aug 13, 2023
Moh227:
cool

Your stupidity follows you everywhere, just like your shadow.

Talk about the uranium being stolen for cheap from Niger. Talk about the gas pipe line from your south south passing thru the entire Niger to Europe. You're just a fool and a slave
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by OKORONKWOBRIGHT(m): 7:18pm On Aug 13, 2023
Bbbwings:

You guys are so naive.
Some of your foodstuff comes from there.
Prepare for a hike in food prices
You are right
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by Menclothing: 7:22pm On Aug 13, 2023
Cooking rubbish figure fake news
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by alhajiabdulbuha: 7:29pm On Aug 13, 2023
HASHTAG IMPEACH AKPABIO FOR SHARING OUR MONEY TO THE HOUSE PROTEST IN ABUJA ON THURSDAY
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by 4rrrr: 7:31pm On Aug 13, 2023
Moh227:

mohammed safiu Oyedele is that why you raped your nephew and mother
confess now because I have your pictures and videos.
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by 4rrrr: 7:31pm On Aug 13, 2023
Moh227:

mohammed safiu Oyedele is that why you raped your nephew and mother
confess now because I have your pictures and videos.
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by Judolisco(m): 7:31pm On Aug 13, 2023
There's nothing we are benefiting from Niger.... Absolutely nothing
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by Heffalump(m): 7:35pm On Aug 13, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Don't mind the hammer head.
His response is like a man with brain infested cow dung.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

15 Killed As Israeli Strike Hits Gaza UN School / Hillary Clinton Caught Dancing & Drinking At Cuban Bar In Colombia / Queen Elizabeth To Receive £37.9million Pay Rise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.