Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade (17461 Views)

ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic / Ali Lamine Zeine: Meet The New Prime Minister Of Niger Republic / Largest Ethnic Groups In Niger Republic (Hausa 54%) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by EdiskyHarry: 7:35pm On Aug 13, 2023
If I'm sleeping and wake up to hear Yorubas beating drum of war, I'll go back to my sleep.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by squash47(m): 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2023
BoldBrainz:

It's still not relating to the subject in discourse.
depends on how your mood and state of mind. To me, it relates.
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by udemzyudex(m): 7:42pm On Aug 13, 2023
OceanRed:
Im really surprised that people are blaming Tinubu for the ECOWAS planned military intervention. like seriously ? ECOWAS is just acting on the script of the west( US and France obviously) . France particularly wont leave Niger, the Uranium and gold they are stealing in niger wont let them leave, and USA on the other hand will not want the gas pipeline project running from nigeria to the EU to come to fruition , as they are the only major supplier of gas to Europe currently . Both country do not give a hoot if Niger is burned to the ground, as long as they keep milking the country and the country destabilized. same thing they did to Libya, Iraq, yemen, syria etc.

So I should blame you instead?

Who is the chairman? Why must he threatened war in the first place? You said ECOWAS is doing the bidding of France and you want me to blame only ECOWAS as if Tinubu is not representing Nigeria there.

Burkina Faso and Mali who are member state said they don't want the invasion, why is Tinubu who is representing Nigeria not saying the same thing?

Why didn't they advocate for dialogue first before threatening?
Talk no sweet una go dey talk am.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by itsene: 7:45pm On Aug 13, 2023
Ask soldiers to return to the barracks.
Simple.
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by onuman: 7:54pm On Aug 13, 2023
ManirBK:

https://leadership.ng/coup-threatens-180m-nigeria-niger-republic-cross-border-trade/

What business? Much of the business must be aid from Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬ to Niger πŸ‡³πŸ‡ͺ Republic.
Niger πŸ‡³πŸ‡ͺ Republic was made by the ruling Fulani class of Nigeria to become an extension of Nigeria.
Nigeria's governments led by Fulani have carried the burden of Niger πŸ‡³πŸ‡ͺ Republic at the deprivation of the oil producing areas of southern Nigeria.
Nigeria provided electricity to Niger πŸ‡³πŸ‡ͺ Republic when much of the oil producing areas of the SE and SS in Nigeria had not been joined to the national electricity grid.
Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬ is providing Standard Gauge Rail lines to Niger πŸ‡³πŸ‡ͺ Republic when the SE and SS oil producing areas in Nigeria have no standard gauge rail lines. The Fulani ruling class made Nigeria become a curse for the oil producing areas in Nigeria.
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by Jabi200: 7:54pm On Aug 13, 2023
me i dey go quench my fire on https://kongjijoint.com.ng
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by billyG(m): 8:23pm On Aug 13, 2023
I thought borders are closed before.

1 Like

Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by crossbreedwears(m): 9:04pm On Aug 13, 2023
Your brain is not functioning well. The above names mentioned are real business men and won't afford to lose quarter of the money you mentioned.
Moh227:
cool

Nigeria produces 2.3 million barrels of crude oil per day

Just crude oil alone, Not LNG

Brent crude oil sells at $86 per barrel

$180m to Nigeria is like a penny, even Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga and Rabiu or AA Rano won't blink an eye over $180m

Look at the International Shipping routes map that Cargo ship follows... You will understand Niger are in real trouble

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by Moh227: 9:06pm On Aug 13, 2023
crossbreedwears:
Your brain is not functioning well. The above names mentioned are real business men and won't afford to lose quarter of the money you mentioned.

I can't explain myself to a reetard anyways... You don't get then fbck off
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by Yankee101: 9:19pm On Aug 13, 2023
It’s mostly smuggled goods
Mangal and co
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by crossbreedwears(m): 9:50pm On Aug 13, 2023
The question is, would a billionaire want to lose such amount of money??
Moh227:

Rule 2 mynd44 Seun Nlfpmod dominique Obinoscopy mukina2

Billionaire are in valuation not in liquidity, Billionaire are in stocks and shares value. and change in currency exchange rate can see a billionaire loose millions in a single day without them having any major drop in asset
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by 9182736455O1999(m): 10:11pm On Aug 13, 2023
LordGuru1:
Well, I'm glad that neither Nigeria nor Niger has DEW. To test such would have been shacking the side that has it.

Global warming is deception just like KovdVaaSin. If you want to really know how this strange fire happened, Research DEW= Direct Energy Weapons. Satan is really fast taking over the World through the Anti-Christ, human are being killed for his Enthronement. Deep People know that the World is being taken over, and Our CREATOR's Son The MESSIAH that died for Humanity's Redemption is coming back soon to take We the ones that have Accepted Him out of this fast Decaying World into Eternal Life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR2_59Bnc8c1yzMGawSGtf3vXeNfn97JX-Ggvd-VDz92b_K6mVyDGXq444A&v=G0b3Y54roKc&feature=youtu.be
Now that you now know what DEW is, Like if you appreciate that you've added knowledge by coming to NL today.
Whoa! shocked Laser weapons.
How real is this?

1 Like

Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by wowcatty: 11:00pm On Aug 13, 2023
Benin-Nigeria border was closed down for years and we lost way more money and we didn't die so let them take one for the coupists too.
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by wowcatty: 11:06pm On Aug 13, 2023
They said leave Niger alone and president and exowas have now left them alone but they dont want to be left alone, they are still keep talking about Niger.
Abifarin16:
other avenues will open. Do you continue to do business with a coup held country? So don't blame Nigeria.
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by wowcatty: 11:09pm On Aug 13, 2023
Blame yourself, president Tinubu is not responsible for Niger.

Niger's case is closed.
slivertongue:
Blame Tinubu
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by wowcatty: 11:11pm On Aug 13, 2023
No further dialogue!
Let every country go and sort itself.
kingamaa:
This too shall pass.

Without a doubt, a war will do more damage

Thankfully, the door has been opened for dialogue which is the right way to go.

1 Like

Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by wowcatty: 11:13pm On Aug 13, 2023
Ecowas has taken invasion off the table, so Niger should go and sort itself out.
Winters23:
grin

It's not coup threatening it, it's the invasion that's threatening the trade
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by wowcatty: 11:19pm On Aug 13, 2023
To those who want to be slaves to their stomachs. Gari, rice, fish, chicken and egusi don't come from there. People who love to eat goats have said that Yoruba local goats taste better. It's also time for people to start growing their own food. Farmers markets are where real food are sold and ahould be springing up everywhere. Mass produce food have chemicals in them.

Only lazy people die of hunger.
Bbbwings:

You guys are so naive.
Some of your foodstuff comes from there.
Prepare for a hike in food prices
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by AfonjaPriest: 11:51pm On Aug 13, 2023
SupportTeam:
Dear everyone!
Please assist us to survive this moment, it's very critical. lots of challenges and no one to look up to. Nothing is moving at my end and hunger is really dealing with us. Have exhausted my little token moving up and down to get a job but nothing yet.
Your hands would never dry.
Acct numb.
8 0 7 3 5 3 9 2 6 8 , Opay
.Z Nana
You have come back with your begging advert scam.
Stop deceiving people with your plea for help.
Go to your church or mosque to beg. Stop being shameless; follow a dignified path of honest enterprise.
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by Tzar(m): 2:01am On Aug 14, 2023
Niger has always held Nigeria ransom. Northern rulers have always tolerated the brazen exploitation by Niger and Chad. It is about time they suffer for their past atrocities!
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by Bizibi(m): 5:39am On Aug 14, 2023
Moh227:
cool

Nigeria produces 2.3 million barrels of crude oil per day

Just crude oil alone, Not LNG

Brent crude oil sells at $86 per barrel

$180m to Nigeria is like a penny, even Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga and Rabiu or AA Rano won't blink an eye over $180m

Look at the International Shipping routes map that Cargo ship follows... You will understand Niger are in real trouble

some of are supporting the invasion ..... don't worry you will see the multidimensional problem that will be created after the invasion.

You forgot we have a porous border and you forgot we have terrorists still operating in the north. Una never know the terrible situations we will find ourselves in.
Re: Coup Threatens $180m Nigeria, Niger Republic Cross-border Trade by OceanRed(m): 6:28pm On Aug 14, 2023
udemzyudex:

So I should blame you instead?

Who is the chairman? Why must he threatened war in the first place? You said ECOWAS is doing the bidding of France and you want me to blame only ECOWAS as if Tinubu is not representing Nigeria there.

Burkina Faso and Mali who are member state said they don't want the invasion, why is Tinubu who is representing Nigeria not saying the same thing?

Why didn't they advocate for dialogue first before threatening?
Talk no sweet una go dey talk am.

you still dont get it, how in the world will any African President even think of invading another african country because a coup was carried out not to talk of mentioning it? Tinubu or any ecowas member country head of state no fit try am. wetin they wan gain from such invasion?
niger coup isnt the first African coup and its not gonna be the last. the question is why Niger coup is generating so much fuss? why is America and France threatening fire and brimstone on top NIger coup? by now you should know the answer.
Mind you ,Niger citizens said they don't want France and US presence in their country anymore, so the coup was not about the president but foreign interest which they want an end to. URANIUM,GOLD AND OIL, are the only things that can make america or the west bare their fangs, Niger has two of those, especially Uranium which in large quantity hence france isnt going to bow out just like that.
You mentioned Mali and burkina faso, both countries are being ruled by the military currently thanks to coup. so, you expect them to support invasion of Niger so that they will be the next to be invaded right? take tinubu out of the picture first and think am well,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South Africa Says Citizens Fighting With Israeli Forces In Gaza Will Be Arrested / 15 Killed As Israeli Strike Hits Gaza UN School / Hillary Clinton Caught Dancing & Drinking At Cuban Bar In Colombia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.