Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Calling For Coup In Nigeria Is An Abuse Of Freedom Of Speech - Reno Omokri - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Calling For Coup In Nigeria Is An Abuse Of Freedom Of Speech - Reno Omokri (13407 Views)

We Will Start Going After Those Calling For Coup - Chief Of Defence Staff, Musa / Asiwaju New Yr Speech: Reno Omokri Drags Tinubu / If Obi Doesnt Claim He Won;what Is The Basis Of Obidients’ Call For Coup- Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calling For Coup In Nigeria Is An Abuse Of Freedom Of Speech - Reno Omokri by Goke7: 12:47pm On Aug 14, 2023
yarimo:
President TINUBU is too soft for Obidients fools

For now, yes but after the Supreme Court upholds the elections , it might be a different ball game.

But am sure the opposition will thread softly by then. Not many want to in jail as dem no get liver

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calling For Coup In Nigeria Is An Abuse Of Freedom Of Speech - Reno Omokri by Goke7: 1:01pm On Aug 14, 2023
wink2015:
Coup is very necessary in West African countries because majority of the civilian politician abuse their offices.

In East Africa for example, their democracy is growing and the politician do their best to satisfy their people.

That is why Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda have enjoyed political stability.

The average Nigerian politician see the masses as conquered people.

But with the soldiers standing by with the intention to stage a coup it makes the politicians to moderate their conduct.

Yes ! Democracy is the best form of government in the world but in Africa it is not working well especially in West Africa where we have countries that were ones former colonies of France, Portugal and Britain.

Nigerian politicians are very corrupt and wicked.

They need a third force to checkmate their greed.

Even if the military are very corrupt it is not as wide spread as that of the politician.

Legislation are made by the Supreme military council or Armed Forces Ruling Council and quickly implemented.

There is nothing like I give you this and I get this from you in return.

That is why most of the 36 states in Nigeria including Abuja were created by the military.

How many states have the civilian created in Nigeria.

AFRICAN POLITICAL INDISCIPLINE NECCESSITATE THE NEED FOR A COUP.

Ordinarily majority of African do not want the soldiers to govern.

But it is the gross indiscipline among the civilian political class that is making the military to step in to salvage the situation.

You’re indeed a learner, the same Kenya that has witnessed one of the worst post election violence ever in Africa in recent years.

Uganda is still being ruled today by the same man who took over from Idia Amin from the 80s. He kept amending the constitution to perpetuate himself in power, is that your own definition of democracy? even Tanzania had a president who ruled for more than 20 years before getting a new constitution that defined the tenure of their president. Those countries democracies are not advanced than Nigeria in any way.

You guys should stop thinking that there are African countries with stronger democracy than Nigeria. It’s never true even South Africa is struggling with their democracy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calling For Coup In Nigeria Is An Abuse Of Freedom Of Speech - Reno Omokri by BJanta: 2:01pm On Aug 14, 2023
[quote author=yarimo post=125084892]President TINUBU is too soft for Obidients fools [/quo

Bro, he's not. He's nobody's fool ,he's only bidding his time until the legal challenge is laid to rest. Wait till then and see what would happen. Buhari was not even bold enough to appoint his ministers until the election petition judicial progress was concluded. And that was six months later. What he's currently doing in the financial systems would forshadpw to you what he, and will, do in other areas of our national ĺife and governance. Chill bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Calling For Coup In Nigeria Is An Abuse Of Freedom Of Speech - Reno Omokri by TheSuperX(m): 2:19pm On Aug 14, 2023
Military rule now will destroy this country, any coup now is detrimental to Nigeria, it will only bring Nigeria back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Calling For Coup In Nigeria Is An Abuse Of Freedom Of Speech - Reno Omokri by MomohMrMoore: 2:43pm On Aug 14, 2023
Its not abuse of Freedom of Speech, its TREASON. DSS should arrest, and together with The Attorney general, prosecute and kill such Obi supporters and Igbos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Calling For Coup In Nigeria Is An Abuse Of Freedom Of Speech - Reno Omokri by Litmus: 4:18pm On Aug 14, 2023
incandescentena:
The One week old bread thing is a fat lie. See how fresh Emefiele and also Kanu looks when they are brought to court.

Fear fear Table shaker my foot.

I thought you are all starving in Nigeria? A starving man should welcome dry, mouldy bread. wink
Re: Calling For Coup In Nigeria Is An Abuse Of Freedom Of Speech - Reno Omokri by Advertisershubs(f): 6:47pm On Aug 14, 2023
aybabz101:
the military has ruled Nigeria more than the civilians....I stand to be corrected....and yet all na same....

It was the military that exposed Nigerians to corruption with impunity that we are battling today and deprived us of evolving our democratic processes.....

This democratic phase we are passing through now ought to have been experienced over forty years ago but the military no gree... we still dey gather Abacha loot till now!

Those calling for military action are just neonates in adult bodies... they do not know what military rule entails..... when they dont have their twitter and other social media platform again, them go learn. when their businesses are raided at will and theirs goods confisticated, dem go know. when there is no freedom after speech and their wives, sisters and girlfriends are violated at will, them go understand the meaning of military rule....

Liked, Shared and Followed.

Many Nigerians are Just Empty Wailers who Never Appreciates FREEDOM.

Some of them even go as far as clamouring for WAR like They can stand WAR when it breaks out.

Instead of them to contribute to The Solution That Democracy Needs, They want to jump back into 🔥.

It is a good thing that I relocated away from Nigeria.

PS:

Meanwhile;

If You Already Have A Website; Join WEEKLY PAYMENTS Empowerment Portal To Learn How To Utilize Your Website To Earn Dollars on A Weekly Basis.

Minimum of $100 Guaranteed on A Weekly Basis.

If You do not have a website yet, Not To Worry. Reach out to the WhatsApp Contact on My Bio To Help You in Building Up Your SAAS Website.
The Best Way To Help Yourself is To Earn Extra Income in Dollars Right Now.
Re: Calling For Coup In Nigeria Is An Abuse Of Freedom Of Speech - Reno Omokri by Deadlytruth(m): 7:12pm On Aug 14, 2023
aybabz101:
the military has ruled Nigeria more than the civilians....I stand to be corrected....and yet all na same....

It was the military that exposed Nigerians to corruption with impunity that we are battling today and deprived us of evolving our democratic processes.....

This democratic phase we are passing through now ought to have been experienced over forty years ago but the military no gree... we still dey gather Abacha loot till now!

Those calling for military action are just neonates in adult bodies... they do not know what military rule entails..... when they dont have their twitter and other social media platform again, them go learn. when their businesses are raided at will and theirs goods confisticated, dem go know. when there is no freedom after speech and their wives, sisters and girlfriends are violated at will, them go understand the meaning of military rule....

May God bless you every day.

1 Like

Re: Calling For Coup In Nigeria Is An Abuse Of Freedom Of Speech - Reno Omokri by 9jaRealist: 10:38pm On Aug 14, 2023
tunjijones:
I know Reno is a sycophant, but it's an aberration for people to be calling for military rule in Nigeria. It's treason.

On a second thought, I noticed it's either the Igbos (cos of Obi's lose) or young adults who have never experienced military regime or were too young to remember anything. I laugh mostly at them. Do you think military regime will allow this nonsense freedom you on social media.

You talk anyhow again a military govt, it's either they kill you secretly or detain you and nothing will happen.

I remember during Buhari period adults where doing frog jump on Lagos street. The human right abuse is too much during military regime.

The nostalgic good old days… grin grin

These days, the DSS will beat up corrections officers in Lagos courts…
And will lock citizens up without a court order or warrant, without their families knowing where they are!

I have yet to see any serious-minded person calling for military rule…
And suspect that it’s just another subterfuge for the thuggish DSS to stifle dissent against its paymasters. SMH
>
Re: Calling For Coup In Nigeria Is An Abuse Of Freedom Of Speech - Reno Omokri by 9jaRealist: 10:41pm On Aug 14, 2023
aybabz101:

For the avoidance of doubt, I abhor military coups…
But it was NOT the military that introduced corruption into Nigerian governance. The first coup in 1966 was against CORRUPTION!
>
Re: Calling For Coup In Nigeria Is An Abuse Of Freedom Of Speech - Reno Omokri by 9jaRealist: 10:49pm On Aug 14, 2023
beerfraud:
https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1690744636736761857

This Reno character continues to be a DUMMY…

The dude in the US was NOT killed for his political position or speech…
Rather he was shot and killed because he pulled a gun on the arresting FBI officers.

Furthermore, although we should all be AGAINST military coup or rule…
Simply calling for one, without any actual acts towards its realization, is NOT treason.
>
Re: Calling For Coup In Nigeria Is An Abuse Of Freedom Of Speech - Reno Omokri by PlayerMeji: 11:22pm On Aug 14, 2023
I can see your pain... grin

Odin13:

If not Yoruba na which tribe?

The mention has been a Yoruba friend for over two years ..

Now tag along .. I’ve noticed you.

Next!!
Re: Calling For Coup In Nigeria Is An Abuse Of Freedom Of Speech - Reno Omokri by aybabz101: 5:06am On Aug 15, 2023
9jaRealist:

For the avoidance of doubt, I abhor military coups…
But it was NOT the military that introduced corruption into Nigerian governance. The first coup in 1966 was against CORRUPTION!
>

l said "corruption with impunity".....corruption has always being in Nigeria, in fact, its our way of life... but prior to the first coup, it was carried out with civility...at least
Re: Calling For Coup In Nigeria Is An Abuse Of Freedom Of Speech - Reno Omokri by commoditiesnig: 2:23pm On Aug 16, 2023
tunjijones:
I know Reno is a sycophant, but it's an aberration for people to be calling for military rule in Nigeria. It's treason.

On a second thought, I noticed it's either the Igbos (cos of Obi's lose) or young adults who have never experienced military regime or were too young to remember anything. I laugh mostly at them. Do you think military regime will allow this nonsense freedom you on social media.

You talk anyhow again a military govt, it's either they kill you secretly or detain you and nothing will happen.

I remember during Buhari period adults where doing frog jump on Lagos street. The human right abuse is too much during military regime.
We'll said

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu And Fashola In Land Scam Worth Billions / Only One LGA Now In Boko Haram Territory, Says Borno Speaker - VANGUARD / APC & PDP Senators Disagree Over 2016 Budget Implementation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.