Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

The Unraveling Drama: Obaseki's Brutal Battle Against Philip Shaibu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Unraveling Drama: Obaseki's Brutal Battle Against Philip Shaibu (226 Views)

Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man / Edo Election: Philip Shaibu Dances To Celebrate PDP And Obaseki's Victory / Edo Election: Philip Shaibu Loses LG To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unraveling Drama: Obaseki's Brutal Battle Against Philip Shaibu by oikirodah(m): 7:28am On Aug 14, 2023
The Unraveling Drama: Obaseki's Brutal Battle Against Philip Shaibu
Terminated : How Philip Allegedly  Planned The Coup Against Obaseki As Adjoto Warms Up To Be Deputy Governor 

"After the flames have completely extinguished in the kitchen, no one lingers with the ashes." This Etsako adage mirrors the ongoing conflict on Dennis Osadebe Avenue, the seat of Edo State's administration – often referred to as the Heartbeat of the Nation.

The highly publicized power struggle between Obaseki and his deputy, Philip Shaibu, has gained global attention, and the aforementioned proverb sadly reflects the challenging situation faced by the Deputy Governor.

At present, Philip Shaibu's authority has diminished to the point where he cannot even control the movement of a fly. This shift is a result of Obaseki's alleged implementation of strategies aimed at quelling Shaibu's uprising. Based on various sources, it appears that Philip Shaibu might have played a role in his own downfall, and the origins of this predicament can be traced as follows.

In recent memory, the Governor voiced his concern about his deputy allegedly plotting a coup against him. In response, many of us here advocated for Obaseki to let "Philip Shaibu BREATHE."

However, emerging information from sources within our informal communication channels suggests that there was, in fact, an effort by the Deputy to undermine his superior. Subsequently, Obaseki characterized this incident as a coup attempt.

Presently, Philip faces allegations of making contact with the APC legislators in the State House of Assembly, seeking their backing to elect a speaker who diverges from Obaseki's preferred choice.

Verified accounts indicate that he aimed to endorse an individual from Edo Central to assume the role of the speaker. This decision, as per our sources, wasn't motivated by his affection for the Esan region, but rather by his aspiration to secure the position of governor. He believed that having a speaker from Edo North would jeopardize his prospects.

So, if he doesn't have any bad intentions like trying to remove the governor from office and take his place, why would he be interested in choosing the speaker? Could it be that he wants to become the governor and then use his position to control the elections?

Numerous Alleged Misdeeds Pointed Out by Obaseki Regarding Philip Shaibu;

Obaseki's frequent outbursts make it evident that Philip is consistently disloyal. Regarding the matter of commissioners, where Edo North currently lacks representation in Obaseki's cabinet, it was reported that Philip declined to attend the meeting where the Governor and a few leaders were selecting individuals from their respective areas.

Accusations were directed at Philip for exacerbating the conflict within the APC, which led to a rift between the Governor and Adams Oshiomhole. Understandably, the Governor is displeased, and it's hard to fault him considering the circumstances. Obaseki is on the brink of retirement next year, while Adams Oshiomhole continues to hold significant sway and actively operates on the national stage.

Philip Shaibu's decision to take Obaseki to court appears to be a clear sign of rebellion. We have yet to see how the court will rule on a case that involves an action that hasn't occurred yet. As far as our understanding goes, typically, the Deputy can challenge the impeachment process in court only after he has been impeached.

Philip Shaibu, currently resembling the remnants of a fire in the kitchen, has been left behind by everyone. If he is indeed impeached, he would be barred from seeking elective roles for the next decade. This would render his time in the government house so far ineffective and without significance.

Terminator; How Obaseki May Decide To Fight The Battle; 

Drawing parallels with terminators, who have specific missions to eliminate crucial figures opposing Skynet's control, Obaseki might employ various lawful methods to counter Philip's influence.

Similar to how Nigeria has implemented severe measures like cutting off electricity and imposing strong sanctions on the Niger military junta, Obaseki could enforce stringent penalties against the Deputy Governor. This could involve reducing his allowances and assigning him a seemingly insignificant office, akin to the residual ashes left in the kitchen after a fire has faded away.

Introducing the Future Deputy Governor of Edo State:

Kabiru Adjoto, the ex-speaker of EDHA and a native of Akoko Edo, is a strong contender to succeed Philip Shaibu. While legal proceedings might slow down the transition, they can't ultimately prevent his impeachment.

Philip: The Abandoned Figure;

The paradox of this conflict lies in the fact that the APC shows no interest in Philip whatsoever. He can consider himself fortunate for narrowly avoiding public humiliation during the reception hosted in Abuja to honor APC's National Assembly members.

According to the APC, Philip holds no significant importance. He lacks any local representatives, be it a councilor, a member of the house of assembly, or someone in the senate, who stands by his side. Even in Jattu, his wife's hometown, his predicament is met with a sense of celebration.

Philip's Gubernatorial Ambition Dead On Arrival;

Philip Shaibu comes from Uzairue kingdom in the heart of Edo North, just like former Governor Adams Oshiomhole. But is their clan the only one in Edo State capable of producing a Governor? Even if the Governorship is meant for Edo North, should Uzairue kingdom be favored again? Aren't there other options within Edo State?

Suggested Solution:

Philip's best way forward is to abandon his goal of becoming governor. Instead, he should concentrate on his duties in governance and try to make amends. Based on what we've observed, Obaseki is a determined and capable fighter. He's skilled at handling both short-term and long-term battles, making him a formidable opponent.

Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah writes in from Benin City.

Source iReporteronline 
https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/terminated-how-philip-allegedly-planned-the-coup-against-obaseki-as-adjoto-warms-up-to-be-deputy-governor/

Re: The Unraveling Drama: Obaseki's Brutal Battle Against Philip Shaibu by TemplarLandry: 7:28am On Aug 14, 2023
cool
Re: The Unraveling Drama: Obaseki's Brutal Battle Against Philip Shaibu by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 14, 2023
Obasekei wowor sha, typical of Benin men.
Re: The Unraveling Drama: Obaseki's Brutal Battle Against Philip Shaibu by Fira09(m): 7:45am On Aug 14, 2023
IconicR:
Obasekei wowor sha, typical of Benin men.
Wow.

What a pointless-dimwitted opinion from someone who has a look of watery semen.

Why not say the name of the cesspit state you came from, let's do a comparison from there.
Re: The Unraveling Drama: Obaseki's Brutal Battle Against Philip Shaibu by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 14, 2023
Fira09:

Wow.

What a pointless-dimwitted opinion from someone who has a look of watery semen.

Why not say the name of the cesspit state you came from, let's do a comparison from there.

Your come back is weak, you can call me other things but definitely nothing near to ugly (I was created on a Monday and you know what that means). Edo men are actually very ugly, only auchi and Jatu men are a bit fine but you see the rest ehn hian

Re: The Unraveling Drama: Obaseki's Brutal Battle Against Philip Shaibu by Fira09(m): 7:58am On Aug 14, 2023
IconicR:
Your come back is weak, you can call me other things but definitely nothing near to ugly (I was created on a Monday and you know what that means). Edo men are actually very ugly, only auchi and Jatu men are fine but you see the rest ehn hian
Come back you said🤡? am I wrestling with you?

Your view about it begins on Nairaland, ends on NL, and still gets thrashed on NL.

Btw, the image; you must be mistaken Edolites for your paternal father, Cousins, Uncles, and anything male in your entire lineage.

Kindly call out the dungeon of a state you came from. I want to do some valid comparisons.
Re: The Unraveling Drama: Obaseki's Brutal Battle Against Philip Shaibu by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 14, 2023
Fira09:

Come back you said? am I wrestling with you?

Your view about it begins on Nairaland, ends on NL, and still gets thrashed on NL.

Btw, the image; you must be mistaken Edolites for your paternal father, Cousins, Uncles, and anything male in your entire lineage.

Kindly call out the dungeon if a state you came from?
Truth definitely hurts alot but we have to keep hitting the nail on it's head. My family is a rare one that produced the most beautiful women in Nigeria hence the reason we have worthy son-in-laws littered in my family. I repeat come with another thing but definitely not beauty(it's a family gift). Can you show me one fine governor Edo state has ever produced? Edo state men wowor abegi.
Re: The Unraveling Drama: Obaseki's Brutal Battle Against Philip Shaibu by Fira09(m): 8:15am On Aug 14, 2023
IconicR:
Truth definitely hurts alot but we have to keep hitting the nail on it's head. My family is a rare one that produced the most beautiful women in Nigeria hence the reason we have worthy son-in-laws littered in my family. I repeat come with another thing but definitely not beauty(it's a family gift). Can you show me one fine governor Edo state has ever produced? Edo state men wowor abegi.
Are you afraid to call out your state?
Your fuckîng family are beautiful? What an irony.

Your family is a rare type yen yen yen yen, yet you keep making a nuisance of your nitwitted-delusional self on Nairaland like a street fuckîng LovePeddler on heat?

Edo men are ugly why not prove it? using their last Governors of not more than two to describe a whole state?

Hypocritical b****** you are!

When you are ready to call out your state, I would reply to you to make some comparisons. Now run along and go hop with your fellow frogs around a thick forest.
Re: The Unraveling Drama: Obaseki's Brutal Battle Against Philip Shaibu by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 14, 2023
Fira09:

Are you afraid to call out your state?
Your fuckîng family are beautiful? What an irony.

Your family is a rare type yen yen yen yen, yet you keep making a nuisance of your nitwitted-delusional self on Nairaland like a street fuckîng LovePeddler on heat?

Edo men are ugly why not prove it? using their last Governors of not more than two to describe a whole state?

Hypocritical b****** you are!

When you are ready to call out your state, I would reply to you to make some comparisons. Now run along and go hop with your fellow frogs around a thick forest.
I'm sure you are representing the Edo men well hence the reason for your anger 😂😂😂😂😂. I'm sorry to be very blunt with the truth but it is common knowledge that Edo men are owing debts in that regard, them no try at all. Sorry but it is what it is.

Re: The Unraveling Drama: Obaseki's Brutal Battle Against Philip Shaibu by richie240: 8:25am On Aug 14, 2023
Hehehehehe......that moniker give u uppercut, nor be lie.
Since u know say hin opinion 'starts and ends on Nairaland', why are u now crying?
grin grin

Fira09:

Come back you said🤡? am I wrestling with you?

Kindly call out the dungeon of a state you came from. I want to do some valid comparisons.

Re: The Unraveling Drama: Obaseki's Brutal Battle Against Philip Shaibu by Jostoman: 8:35am On Aug 14, 2023
They need to settle their in house before another story go enter.

(1) (Reply)

Zambia Plane | The Escape Of The Egyptian Officials' Plane To Zambia. / Niger State; Governor Umar Bago Assigns Portfolios To Commissioners / The Untold Story: Unveiling The Reason Behind Femi Fani Kayode’s Exclusion From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.