Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,208 members, 7,849,736 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:54 AM

High BP: 8 Lessons I Learnt After My Grandma Died - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / High BP: 8 Lessons I Learnt After My Grandma Died (195 Views)

Real Life Lessons I Learnt From An Injury I Had 6 Years Ago, But Treating Today. / High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause / 81-Year-Old Russian Grandma Comes Back To Life 7Hours After Being Declared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

High BP: 8 Lessons I Learnt After My Grandma Died by BigboyMindset(m): 11:41am On Aug 14, 2023
My late Grandma died after weeks of battling with stroke.
It was a horrible experience that I don't wish on anyone.
However, this could have been avoided had she been able to manage her Blood Preasure better before a sudden break down...
If you or someone you know is dealing with constant High Blood Preasure, Consider:
These 8 Ways To Better Manage Blood Pressure:

1 ) Take less sodium, sodium hikes blood pressure.
In ancient times, assassins use sodium to kill their targets.
Because a sharp increase in blood sodium leads to sudden heart attack.
One reason why experts advise against eating too much salt.

2) Do some physical activities like walking a few miles daily or bicycling

3) Reduce alcohol intake, alcohol incteases your blood sugar level which contributes to blood pressure.

4) Eat more fruits and vegetables

5) Reduce stress: avoid stressful activities, especially mental stress.

6) Keep yourself entertained and never get bored.
Because boredom leads to thinking. Just as thinking leads to overthinking.
Keep yourself entertained by watching movies, visiting cinemas or doing any other things you enjoy doing.
The whole idea is to keeps your mind off your worries.

7) Meditate at least 20 times in a day:
I know this isn't what we are used to especially if you were Born and brought up in Nigeria.
But it's simple to do. Sit in a comfortable Position, and focus on your breath, forget every other thing that's bothering your mind at that moment.

8 ) Maintain a normal body weight :
You can achieve weighloss by exercising, dieting, pills, gut bypass surgery, intermittent fasting or a combination of the six.
Also eat diets that contains high amount of fruits and vegetables.

PS: There are many ways to lose weight fast. But only one way to lose weight permanently. It's not Dieting, exercising, surgery, fasting or pills... but a complete change in lifestyle. the link below shows you how to do it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Take Care Of Your Vaginal / Baby Photoshoot In Delhi / Where Does French Toast Come From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.