Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders (19396 Views)

Tinubu Holds Emergency Meeting With Organised Labour, NLC, TUC Leaders / Planned strike: NLC, TUC leaders arrive State House / Aso Rock Cabal Asks Buhari To Place Tinubu On Security Watch List Before 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by odaniel1(m): 2:56pm On Aug 14, 2023
This NLC leader is nothing like Oshiomole. Even if you want to share in the corrupt leaders' loot at least let there be some compromise in that, your efforts are reflective of people's interest.
But no, we are in the season of Comedy cos we are a joke to these people.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by Streetdoctor: 2:56pm On Aug 14, 2023
Taylor90:
We ain’t even complaining of N500 per liter anymore

Now it’s going to 750

CBN said they’ve lost control of dollar value that means it’s heading to 1500 per dollar soonest

Cooking gas that we all were managing that it didn’t add price they’ve added price to it

Diesel that it’s subsidy has been long removed and people thought diesel wouldn’t be affected not knowing Tinubu is hitting all round of the economy

Tinubu you’re very useless I swear to God
It will favour me and my family

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by sulaak(m): 2:56pm On Aug 14, 2023
They should protest for fixing the refineries and building new refineries.

Nigeria should not be importing refined oil, the country should be exporting refined oil and petrochemical.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by ivolt: 2:58pm On Aug 14, 2023
BigYash:
Akpabio buying cars worth billions will make our economy stable.. Infact wasting so much on cars,will make our country far from hitting bankruptcy. You are very correct. undecided
Take a calculator and divide Akpabio's billion, calculate the number of litres it can buy
and how long it will last.
The problem of Nigerians is the gullible people who miss the trees for the forest.
They are just like a man who leave cancer but focus on pimples.
I am sure if another Buhari came around and promise to fight corruption, you will all queue behind him
no question asked.

Why you can't influence Akpabio's action, how about your rep and senator?
The assembly consists of several senators from different parties.
How come none of them including the one from your "right candidate" party have rejected
their 15 million Naira monthly income?

At least one of them, especially the youth should have voiced opposition to this spending, don't you think?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by BoldBrainz(m): 3:01pm On Aug 14, 2023
Lol.

That will be counterproductive. And the problem with the people around Tinubu is clearly the fact that they don't see beyond their noses. Same way they advised the Iragbiji kleptomaniac on swift subsidy and FX policies without stopping to think of repercusions, is how this move is going to backfire.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by MrsTwrite(f): 3:05pm On Aug 14, 2023
I'm seriously tired of my father's land called Nigeria, where is my mother's land? I wanna relocate!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by SemperFid: 3:05pm On Aug 14, 2023
SenatePresdo:
Nigeria Labor Congress are toothless Bulldogs.

Ordinary Protest and Strike, they are doing hide and seek With Ebola Theftnubu.

They should be shot at sight, foolish men!

Carry your father with a wheelchair and go for protests na make we see how e go be u. Wetin u de wait for.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by MoneySavannah: 3:09pm On Aug 14, 2023
Security watch kini
Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by Acc6v6a: 3:09pm On Aug 14, 2023
Ok

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 14, 2023
No matter your tribe, religion, or political affiliation, we must all chop the breakfast!!!
Make I show you as I dey chop my own.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 14, 2023
MrsTwrite:
I'm seriously tired of my father's land called Nigeria, where is my mother's land? I wanna relocate!
Niger Republic!!!
grin

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by Steinmann: 3:17pm On Aug 14, 2023
# DAY 78 (STOLEN MANDATE)
PRAYER. Nigerian masses have suffered enough from the people's mandate being stolen ,to rashly increasing the price of petrol found under our soil,
to beating drums of war to waste the same children of the masses.
Good lord come to our rescue and save our souls.
Amen.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by ismhab(m): 3:21pm On Aug 14, 2023
EyeCumInPiece:

eBola is a disaster waiting to happen.

It has already happened.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by ezechi242: 3:21pm On Aug 14, 2023
ivolt:

If NLC said this, then it must be manned by bunch of illiterates.
While Tinubu's subsidy decision was rash, it is impossible to sell PMS at #150
giving the current economic climate of the country without hitting bankruptcy in few months time.

but that would have been the price if the lilly hearted jonathan had implemented it
Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by MrsTwrite(f): 3:22pm On Aug 14, 2023
FOJEM:

Niger Republic!!!
grin

I reject it! grin

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 14, 2023
MrsTwrite:

I reject it! grin
Okay, I change am to Canada!!!!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by CodeTemplar: 3:27pm On Aug 14, 2023
No self employed man or woman will be attracted to such gathering.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by MrsTwrite(f): 3:28pm On Aug 14, 2023
FOJEM:

Okay, I change am to Canada!!!!

Perfect! grin

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by ivolt: 3:29pm On Aug 14, 2023
ezechi242:

but that would have been the price if the lilly hearted jonathan had implemented it
You are just like the NLC leaders, arrogant in ignorance.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by toneroforever(m): 3:31pm On Aug 14, 2023
ivolt:

giving the current economic climate of the country without hitting bankruptcy in few months time.

It's quite a surprise to see people suffering & still support the same useless government that is responsible for their hardship.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by Olahmi05: 3:33pm On Aug 14, 2023
If God start to dey punish them . U go pity them. Very Soon God will soon punish them.. Even dre family will not go unpunished with the way people die of hunger. Watch out..
Imagine Giant of Africa suffering as if we no get Papa or Mama. God will save us from dis evil leader's that are leading us.. Why people no go Japa.. If we no talk now.. We go shout later.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by BigYash: 3:37pm On Aug 14, 2023
ivolt:

Take a calculator and divide Akpabio's billion, calculate the number of litres it can buy
and how long it will last.
The problem of Nigerians is the gullible people who miss the trees for the forest.
They are just like a man who leave cancer but focus on pimples.
I am sure if another Buhari came around and promise to fight corruption, you will all queue behind him
no question asked.

Why you can't influence Akpabio's action, how about your rep and senator?
The assembly consists of several senators from different parties.
How come none of them including the one from your "right candidate" party have rejected
their 15 million Naira monthly income?

At least one of them, especially the youth should have voiced opposition to this spending, don't you think?
To some extent you are right.. An average Nigerian is corrupt..
Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by ceejay80s(m): 3:38pm On Aug 14, 2023
Revolution is our last bet,
Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by Hedonisco: 3:42pm On Aug 14, 2023
So you go use one hand flog pikin and at the same time use the other hand cover him mouth make he no cry?

Very useless BAT and useless and incompetent security operatives in a godforsaken country.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by meobizy(f): 3:42pm On Aug 14, 2023
Is the protest ongoing?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by Deemas(m): 3:43pm On Aug 14, 2023
ivolt:

NLC's officials are very right by that statement. It is your own level of literacy that is in question here.

Let me educate you in line with what labour is saying; if the executive has the interest of Nigerians at heart, policies of the petroleum ministry will be geared towards enabling local refining of PMS at optimum. The reason fuel price will keep rising is that importers utilize forex towards importation and this is not favorable to the naira vis-a-vis the dollar. The more naira we have chasing a dollar, the higher the price of imported PMS.

With local refining of the crude oil, I can assure you that fuel can sell even below 150 naira/litre. Don't just jump into the argument of the downstream sector without understanding the rudiments involved.

Quite unfortunate, corruption, nepotism, politics, ethnicity and religion among other unhealthy variable have eaten deep into the oil sector and the nation at large.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by ceejay80s(m): 3:45pm On Aug 14, 2023
Dangote refinery commissioning was a scam...
These guys are playing us , bunch of old smelly leader playing on intelligence of young graduates.....feeding gat on our tax, do they buy fuel or gas ? Hell no!!!!
Until we keep aside our differences, tribe, religion.....mmmmm I weep for Nigeria,
Let go out and fight as a Nigerian and not as an igbo, yoruba or Hausa....we don't need NLC or Tuc , they are part of our problem

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by yesloaded: 3:45pm On Aug 14, 2023
Balablue grin

Gazelle gragra grin

We go dey alright
Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by Thomasankara(m): 3:52pm On Aug 14, 2023
[/color]can the house of assemblies needs be tended to, without bankruptcy?[color=#770077]
ivolt:

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by Thomasankara(m): 3:53pm On Aug 14, 2023
[/color]u don resume work 😆[color=#770077]
Bwija:
Please dear people of Nairaland forgive me,
Have mercy on me, if I can help myself I won't be here begging for your help, please come to my aid, I've been seeking assistance on nairaland.
I'm  celestine am 31 year of age frm Enugu State Awgu L G A.I have a spine injury @ neck that has have keeps me indoor mostly for d past 15 years.It also affected my hand making me not able to use my finger normally i.e I can't pick up thing from floor.
my problem now is that life has been very difficult for us I and my aged mom.to provide feeding and some medicine is hard,
I don't have anything doing for now.living with pains and bed sore on both Buttocks and continual urine Infection,Not able to Go for
routine hospital visit due lack of funds.
Please I am pleading to well meaning Nigerians come to our aid, my mom has been sick for long due to complications of poorly manage dia-betes and BP.
I'm asking for your financial help to enable go for medical, the last doctor i see said I need to do MRI scan test, which I don't have the funds for now,pls no matter how
Small it will enable us get some medicine,food and other basic items for my daily SCI cares.
I depend on some daily medical supplies for survival pls I need your help.
Acct :

Celestine
First Bank
Location: Nkpor anambra state.am available for video call/physical verification my phone number and address is not hidden. Watch the video below to confirm .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLoJF8Q_6zE

please come to my aid I don't have any other choice, I'm not a scammer if to say life was a little bit easy for me I won't be doing this always I can prove my condition beyond any reasonable doubt. thanks and remain blessed
Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by ivolt: 3:55pm On Aug 14, 2023
Thomasankara:
[/color]can the house of assemblies needs be tended to, without bankruptcy?[color=#770077]
If you don't understand my post.
Just pretend you didn't see it.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 14, 2023
FoooooooLs.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ojukwu Knew Obi Would Dump APGA – Obiano’s Aide / ICPC Uncovers Over N23bn Pension Funds ‘lost’ In 40 Bank Accounts / While The President Was Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.