Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders (19405 Views)

Tinubu Holds Emergency Meeting With Organised Labour, NLC, TUC Leaders / Planned strike: NLC, TUC leaders arrive State House / Aso Rock Cabal Asks Buhari To Place Tinubu On Security Watch List Before 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by Thomasankara(m): 4:02pm On Aug 14, 2023
[/color]ur post is fixed on mere conjectures and urge to sound right, it's based on cheer sentiments. What make you think what the chairman said was wrong,we sit on enormous wealth yet we live in squalor,do u even know that gas is been flared for fun in Effurun? That is what could be channeled to different homes for free. What make you think that there can be no downward review of fuel pump price,didn't it happen during Yaradua era?[color=#770077]
ivolt:

If you don't understand my post.
Just pretend you didn't see it.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by surgical: 4:07pm On Aug 14, 2023
ivolt:

If NLC said this, then it must be manned by bunch of illiterates.
While Tinubu's subsidy decision was rash, it is impossible to sell PMS at #150
giving the current economic climate of the country without hitting bankruptcy in few months time.
Whey #150, why not #20 per litre as obtained in year 2000?
oga its possible it's just brain washing that it's making people think like this look at it this way you have been buying table water from Abuja while you have water at your backyard in Lagos because you had no purifier ,in the cause of buying the water in abuja you incurred,so much cost including buying the currency they used in abuja at significant cost including transportation and insurance and something for those you sent to abuja to get it,it will add up to something very significant, now if madam is able to persuade to buy a purifier at home,and next time you want to drink, you just go to your backyard, use your pumping machine get water to the purifier and then to your table, now imagine how much you will have saved, it's similar to what is happening in Nigeria.its just irresponsibility on the part of the leaders because they have docile followers, who accepts any shit from them

L

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by starstaz(m): 4:10pm On Aug 14, 2023
SouthSouth1914:
If Nigerians will bear the brunt of the astronomical trajectory of the dollar against the naira, then we should all be paid in dollars. The Federal government has failed in its responsibility to cater for the ever changing dynamics of the oil and gas sector.

I support this your motion, it's high time we Kukuma dollarize out economy straight up. There should be no need to entertain fear or Shame. If the leadership is shameless to run down the economy down to Yo_Yo, then we should all pay the ultimate price of paying salaries in Dollars. On the long run the labour groups will also save their energy from protesting unnecessary. Let us adopt this new low,low. I second.

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by nedekid: 4:18pm On Aug 14, 2023
Westman001:
In few days time, from what I have been seeing in this start of this week; cues at fuel stations is growing. They intend to take fuel price close to #800. Now the more dollar goes up the more the fuel price surge. The fact we could all agree is that dollar never drop since it has been risen in this country.

And in all these, Nigerians are still quiet while these unprofessional incompetent people in government stump on them and make life worse for them.

Is this how we are going to stay silent while we suffer.

Now they want to break the wings of NLC & TUC. Maybe, NLC and TUC is even compromised already.

It was not up to this in 2012 before the nationwide protest and stand still happened.

Now, they told everybody to be calm, suffer for now and see changes later. They tell you for it to be better it has to be worse self.

But let's ask ourselves, is it not suffering and worse situation we have been in the last 3 or 4 decades. Now we just settle for their preaching and expect things to get better soon.

We should not fool ourselves nor let them fool us. These people are incompetent and corrupt. Things would not get better, we should be experienced and knowledgeable enough to know how manipulative this politicians are in this country.

We may not fight like the Niger people did but we can show them that enough is enough of their incompetence and corruption.
Oga it is not in a few days time, it is between this evening and latest tomorrow. My manager paddy just informed me and made me fill my tank. He says 2 tankers they ordered for, only 1 was sold. They said they should wait till tomorrow to load the 2nd tanker at the new price.
Better go fill your tank now.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by ivolt: 4:19pm On Aug 14, 2023
surgical:
oga its possible it's just brain washing that it's making people think like this look at it this way you have been buying table water from Abuja while you have water at your backyard in Lagos because you had no purifier ,in the cause of buying the water in abuja you incurred,so much cost including buying the currency they used in abuja at significant cost including transportation and insurance and something for those you sent to abuja to get it,it will add up to something very significant, now if madam is able to persuade to buy a purifier at home,and next time you want to drink, you just go to your backyard, use your pumping machine get water to the purifier and then to your table, now imagine how much you will have saved, it's similar to what is happening in Nigeria.its just irresponsibility on the part of the leaders because they have docile followers, who accepts any shit from them

L
And you think purifier is free and there is no production cost to running your purifier?
What about maintenance of your purifier?
Why is pure water sold for about #20-50, why not #5 that it once was?

BTW, how much is cement bag sold in your area. I hope it is very very cheap because
we have local "purifier" for cement.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by donmik: 4:41pm On Aug 14, 2023
ivolt:

giving the current economic climate of the country without hitting bankruptcy in few months time.

Who are you trying to educate here?
Do you know the meaning of that statement '#150/litre'?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 14, 2023
MrsTwrite:

Perfect! grin
Lunch or dinner, someday?
Venue of your choice.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by surgical: 4:57pm On Aug 14, 2023
ivolt:

And you think purifier is free and there is no production cost to running your purifier?
What about maintenance of your purifier?
Why is pure water sold for about #20-50, why not #5 that it once was?

BTW, how much is cement bag sold in your area. I hope it is very very cheap because
we have local "purifier" for cement.

cement is expensive because of the monopoly, monopoly usually hurt the people
On the purifier, you will find out in the long run it becomes far far far cheaper, while in the short run there may just be marginal difference which will still be much better than travelling to abuja to buy
Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by Eagle360(m): 5:25pm On Aug 14, 2023
FG is bad boy I know they use every elements to frustrate union leaders.

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by ivolt: 5:38pm On Aug 14, 2023
surgical:
cement is expensive because of the monopoly, monopoly usually hurt the people
On the purifier, you will find out in the long run it becomes far far far cheaper, while in the short run there may just be marginal difference which will still be much better than travelling to abuja to buy
Is there also a monopoly in noodles, pure water and local rice?

Some of us understand what is going on.
There are of course marginally better approaches and solutions but there is no magic.
Any politician claiming to have a secret solution is either lying or foolish.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by idady2njsd: 7:44pm On Aug 14, 2023
16:112) Allah sets forth the parable of (the people of) a town who were secure and content and whose sustenance came in abundance from every quarter. But then the people of the town showed ingratitude towards Allah for His bounties, so Allah afflicted them with hunger and fear in punishment for their evil deeds. the only way to go in this belove country is for people to come out in masses shounting, crying, praising God name for intervention and forgiveness for our sins and what we did to mr, goodluck jonarthan
Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by Menclothing: 9:01pm On Aug 14, 2023
Man know man
Re: Fuel Subsidy Protest: Security Watch On NLC, TUC Leaders by Betanaija42moro: 11:00pm On Aug 14, 2023
ivolt:

Do you even understand that statement at all.
Don't rush to comment because you just saw #150

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

P&ID Scandal: Muhammadu Buhari Speaks / I Will Be Lying If I Say I Won't Take Advice From Tinubu - Sanwo-olu / Court Grants Ademola Adeleke Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.