Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,059 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Your Views On The Use Of Loud Speakers In Mosque And Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Views On The Use Of Loud Speakers In Mosque And Churches (734 Views)

What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? / Lagos Orders Churches To Remove Loud Speakers / Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Views On The Use Of Loud Speakers In Mosque And Churches by Maisuya1: 5:56pm On Oct 12, 2011
As I type this the building to the east of my house is a church and they are singing their lungs out at the top of their loud speakers now, so is the building to the north of my house and they will start theirs after sunset. Now I just came back from work and need rest but I can't amidst these daily mind boggling noise. And if I speak out they might take it wrongly.

The other day I was in Ghana and on a morning talkshow they were discussing these issue, I think it's time we start doing the same in Nigeria.

Now here is my suggestions to both mosque and churches

MOSQUES
the purpose for speakers is to notify people staying far of prayer time in the mosque, now this call normally takes 2-3 mins max. After that the prayer proper should be conducted in the mosques without speakers for those in the mosque. On Fridays with exceptionally large crowds the loud speakers can be used to extent of which the crowd extends, no point hearing it out side the neiboughood of the mosque where there r no woshipers.

CHURCHES
THE daily church services only have a few people attending all inside the churches, thus I see no reason blasting the loud speakers to disturb others out side the church premesis when singing and speaking in tongues. Thus the volume should be to the extent to which it is audible inside the church halls. Now on Sunday's with large crowds which mostly are contained inside the church walls, the volume should be to the extent to which is audible by the service attendants, no point going beyond that.

Finally
Seriously I think this noise issues need to be addressed since places of worship have lost their past grace and grandeur lying within wide patch of lands with beautiful gardens, in those cases loud sounds do not disturb others as the mosque/church have wide spacious surrounding lands.
These days you find places of worship squeezed between residential areas and some time even on pedestrian paths, so I think the rights of those around should be respected.

Please no insults just alternative views or support.

(1) (Reply)

St. John Bosco's Undecayed Hand Arrives In Nigeria / Wrong Worship / Bomb Blast In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.