Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses (20853 Views)

Marketers Raise Alarm As Diesel Price Hits ₦‎1,100/Litre / Fuel Price Hits N680 Per Litre In Abia / Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Tijani009: 8:49am On Aug 15, 2023
fnep2smooth:
If this will favour you and your family, what about your neighbors, friends, relative and colleagues.

Like I said, Senu need to add IQ test on the registration page. It shouldn't be complex just a simple question to determine the mentality of his users.

Some people are not normal, even mad person they speak correct English

Nairaland is nor worth coming again, what is all this religious and tribal hate,
You all seems to forget that we are all in this together

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by UnfairLife7(m): 8:54am On Aug 15, 2023
accordadoga24:
Some UNA GO SEE SHEGE crew will arrive here soon.

Whether we all see shege or not, Tinubu will rule us for 8 years then pass the baton to Shetima.

If you all saw shege in Ananmbra while Obi was a governor and you didn't die but still voted for him again in 2023, nobody will die during Tinubu's adminstration.

Nigeria will be great.
at least pity your Emilokan people dying of hunger on a daily basis.
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Mummyfour(f): 8:55am On Aug 15, 2023
lolu2019:
I am in Nigeria.and trekking is not bad.we all need to up our game.give the government time.
keep it up.
I will know you are serious that exercise is good for you, when you trek from Lagos to sokoto or better still from Lagos to seme border.
Good luck in your trekking.
Take enough corn for the journey

2 Likes

Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by g4gerald: 8:56am On Aug 15, 2023
fnep2smooth:
If this will favour you and your family, what about your neighbors, friends, relative and colleagues.

Like I said, Senu need to add IQ test on the registration page. It shouldn't be complex just a simple question to determine the mentality of his users.

Some people are not normal, even mad person they speak correct English
You simply don't understand sarcasm, that statement is being repeated now just to mock those agbado people who said it during the election period

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Angelfrost(m): 8:57am On Aug 15, 2023
OgbeniOja1:
I hope we learn this time

No, we won't... Nigerians never learn.

They will still vote along ethnic and religious lines next election year.

I believe revolution will eventually be the inevitable way forward for this nation, after the economy fully collapses.

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 15, 2023
DestinyNigga:
It will favour me and my family 😂😂
grin grin grin

Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Angelfrost(m): 9:05am On Aug 15, 2023
kunyeo:

There is nothing even a Peter Obi would have been able to do with an economy that is already battered!

There are several things a wiser, smarter, responsible, and people-centered leader would have done better... Presidents have taken over dead economies and turned them around with the people carried along.

Never limit your brain when it comes to good leadership... Don't get comfy in mediocrity.

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Kingpowerful: 9:06am On Aug 15, 2023
Some said that it will never be well with those speaking out the evil in the land but they have sworn never to vote in a good leader thinking that the same land will rather favour them and their families forgetting that the land gives you back of what you sow.

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Angelfrost(m): 9:08am On Aug 15, 2023
adioolayi:
So, because of 7.5% VAT is the reason Una wickedly jack-up the price from #650 to #950

Is this 7.5% increase, even if you want to put the entire 7.5% VaT burden on consumers

Even with 10% increase, that will land you around #715...

So why #950 for goodness sake

It's a capitalist and unregulated sector... What do you expect??!

This is just the beginning... It's about to get really ugly.

Eventually, revolution of the hungry will tear this dying nation apart!

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Westman001: 9:09am On Aug 15, 2023
And in all these, Nigerians are still quiet while these unprofessional incompetent people in government stump on them and make life worse for them.

Is this how we are going to stay silent while we suffer.

NLC have been compromised.

It was not up to this in 2012 before the nationwide protest and stand still happened.

Now, they told everybody to be calm, suffer for now and see changes later. They tell you for it to be better it has to be worse self.

But let's ask ourselves, is it not suffering and worse situation we have been in the last 3 or 4 decades. Now we just settle for their preaching and expect things to get better soon.

We should not fool ourselves nor let them fool us. These people are incompetent and corrupt. Things would not get better, we should be experienced and knowledgeable enough to know how manipulative this politicians are in this country.

We may not fight like the Niger people did but we can show them that enough is enough of their incompetence and corruption.
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by motionarena: 9:10am On Aug 15, 2023
Keves:
the pictures are mine , video call might convince you

Ok am down. Lets have a video call
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Angelfrost(m): 9:11am On Aug 15, 2023
shantti:

It's baffling that people rejoiced when u were born

It's really sad how so-called educated youths continue to make excuses for the failures leading them... This is why Buhari comfortably ran the nation into the dustbin for 8 years without being bothered.

Tinubu will do worse things, and he won't be bothered too, because there will be people to speak grammar and defend him online.
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by ceejay80s(m): 9:16am On Aug 15, 2023
The only way out now is revolution
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by kristo123: 9:16am On Aug 15, 2023
this dollar scarcity is causing serious global economic issues... if the dollar is failing the world should look for different global currency.
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Angelfrost(m): 9:17am On Aug 15, 2023
Mummyfour:
keep it up.
I will know you are serious that exercise is good for you, when you trek from Lagos to sokoto or better still from Lagos to seme border.

The idiot has never traveled out of his street since he was born... He can't relate.

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by lolu2019: 9:17am On Aug 15, 2023
Mummyfour:
keep it up.
u r full of negativity.that is y u condemn and criticize always.despite the fact that I never voted for former president Buhari.i can boldly say Buhari has touched more lives than any of our former presidents with his Npower programme if u don't lavish ur money.
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by DrAda(f): 9:17am On Aug 15, 2023
This is devastating. A classic case of frying pan to fire

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by komzy589(m): 9:23am On Aug 15, 2023
accordadoga24:

Whether we all see shege or not, Tinubu will rule us for 8 years then pass the baton to Shetima.

If you all saw shege in Ananmbra while Obi was a governor and you didn't die but still voted for him again in 2023, nobody will die during Tinubu's adminstration.

Nigeria will be great.
So voting for Tinubu, an incompetent and incapacitated person for you was just to spite Igbos, what about voting for someone that can do the job?
And by that, I don’t mean voting for Obi.
You voted because you want to punish a group of people. You even have the boldness to say it.
Well, you people always say those that don’t believe in this current ruling party are wailers.
Our ancestors must have done something wrong to have us share a country with people like you.
Just remember this, Karma will visit you and your kind.
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Hoelujohn: 9:24am On Aug 15, 2023
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Ganbite: 9:27am On Aug 15, 2023
kettykin:
May this be the portion of all APC supporters, fans , voters in Jesus name Amen

AMEN!
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by kunyeo(m): 9:31am On Aug 15, 2023
Angelfrost:

There are several things a wiser, smarter, responsible, and people-centered leader would have done better... Presidents have taken over dead economies and turned them around with the people carried along.

Never limit your brain when it comes to good leadership... Don't get comfy in mediocrity.

I agree with you,but it normally takes an average of 2 years for a policy to take effect.
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by lexy2014: 9:39am On Aug 15, 2023
accordadoga24:

Nigeria will be great.

But bobriskys father just died. Is that not under Tinubu administration?

When you people run out of ways to defend Tinubu, the next thing na Obi
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Pandar01: 9:39am On Aug 15, 2023
Onuimo1:
It's really scary. Before now some factories are being shut down. Now it's really out of hand. The same people that voted for Buhari and later said they realized their mistakes are the same people that voted for Tinubu.

One begins to Wonder when will we as a people shun tribalism and religion and put the right people in power.

Mention one right person among the 3 major criminals that were brought before the ballot papers in the past election, steupid politicians and fooolish followers ...
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Shikini: 9:39am On Aug 15, 2023
Chai
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by lexy2014: 9:40am On Aug 15, 2023
kunyeo:

There is nothing even a Peter Obi would have been able to do with an economy that is already battered!

Who and what battered the economy?

How was the economy battered?
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by lexy2014: 9:41am On Aug 15, 2023
kunyeo:

I agree with you,but it normally takes an average of 2 years for a policy to take effect.

How does a policy take an average of 2years to.take effect?

How did you arrive at that?
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Bobbiee: 9:43am On Aug 15, 2023
In case you're wondering. The credits are already beginning to roll in. It is finished. Nigeria is one step from becoming another Monrovia, Haiti. Soon people would be dragged out of their beds and slaughtered. Gutters will run with blood and dead bodies will lay strewn on the street, either slaughtered or starved. When all the skilled personnel flee Nigeria, only the stupid ignorant uneducated people (like most Nairalanders) would be left behind
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Mummyfour(f): 9:44am On Aug 15, 2023
lolu2019:
u r full of negativity.that is y u condemn and criticize always.despite the fact that I never voted for former president Buhari.i can boldly say Buhari has touched more lives than any of our former presidents with his Npower programme if u don't lavish ur money.
It is only the person which is you that is not seeing that your lord and master is more interested in Niger issues than trying to sit down and tackle the issues confronting the power he dragged, snatched and ran away with that needs to be awarded with the highest title of most negative man alive.

We are telling you that the man is not talking much or doing anything about it what is going o.
The situation is getting worst and you are talking about trekking not being bad.

I hope you will trek to your place of work today too as you are proud that this is what Nigeria in the 21st century had turned into.
And since you said it is good to trek, I am suggesting you take it a higher level and arm yourself with enough agbado., you are tagging me negative and whipping up sentiments.

Why do I even engage people like you that knew that tinubu already made it public knowledge that he was going to ride on the wings of the most incompetent nepotistic president Nigeria ever had

Negativity is seeing the truth and playing the ostrich or living in self denial.

Nigerians have really suffered and there seems to be no semblance of it getting better in a long time to come. It is not negativity, but fact.
I am not the only one saying it.
Even your APC chieftains are saying it.
Your fellow tinubu supporters are saying it.
People are crowding different embassies every day.

Aren't you seeing or hearing it?.
N-power?.
Trader money?
The things that Buhari used to affect what lives?.
Is that how other countries are run?

By giving handouts to a selected few while pocketing the rest.

I have information on school feeding scam and all the scams you mentioned because I am a journalist, but that is the story for another day.
Even tinubu would be amazed at the looting that went on with Buhari's government.

So please enjoy your trekking in peace and I suggest you help people in need, since i can see that you are well off
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Sermwell(m): 9:47am On Aug 15, 2023
aybabz101:

are u reasoning along with me at al? ..... this is not about tribe...its just pure fact! im telling you that regardless of who is president, fuel subsidy will go because its not sustainable.....

im telling you that this country has been without a functioning refinery for about forty years now which is due to failure of successive administrations.....

let me ask you a question, why didnt Obasanjo, Yaradua, Jonathan or Buhari fixed our existing refineries?....
Even as they didn't fix it through out thier tenure, was fuel and diesel prices this high??

You even speak as if thiefnubuu has already fixed the refineries!!

Was the fuel and Diesel prices this high during Jonathan and ObJ era even though they didn't fix the refineries??

Now answer this question!!
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by nedekid: 9:50am On Aug 15, 2023
OgbeniOja1:
I hope we learn this time
Learn? Can we?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"You Are Heating Up The Polity" - Ohanaeze To Nnamdi Kanu / Lagos By-Election: PDP In Dilemma As APC Settles For Tokunbo Abiru, Bank MD / If I Resign, PDP Will Be Buried - Mu’azu; It's A Lie – Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.