Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses (20852 Views)

Marketers Raise Alarm As Diesel Price Hits ₦‎1,100/Litre / Fuel Price Hits N680 Per Litre In Abia / Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by nedekid: 9:56am On Aug 15, 2023
Buhari4dullard:
Nija is finished.

And the best thing the druglord can come up with is war in Niger republic?
That shows you he does not give a beep. He thinks lightly of Nigerians. Who in his right mind (with what the country is going through) will have the guts to think of using our megre resources to fight a war, after telling citizens to tighten their belts? It just show how comfortable he is. He looks at Nigerians as fools.
Afterall, he Said "hunnnnn, hunnnnn" and people clapped in ecstacy.

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by lolu2019: 10:03am On Aug 15, 2023
Mummyfour:
It is only the person which is you that is not seeing that your lord and master is more interested in Niger issues than trying to sit down and tackle the issues confronting the power he dragged, snatched and ran away with that needs to be awarded with the highest title of most negative man alive.

We are telling you that the man is not talking much or doing anything about it what is going o.
The situation is getting worst and you are talking about trekking not being bad.

I hope you will trek to your place of work today too as you are proud that this is what Nigeria in the 21st century had turned into.
And since you said it is good to trek, I am suggesting you take it a higher level and arm yourself with enough agbado., you are tagging me negative and whipping up sentiments.

Why do I even engage people like you that knew that tinubu already made it public knowledge that he was going to ride on the wings of the most incompetent nepotistic president Nigeria ever had

Negativity is seeing the truth and playing the ostrich or living in self denial.

Nigerians have really suffered and there seems to be no semblance of it getting better in a long time to come. It is not negativity, but fact.
I am not the only one saying it.
Even your APC chieftains are saying it.
Your fellow tinubu supporters are saying it.
People are crowding different embassies every day.

Aren't you seeing or hearing it?.
N-power?.
Trader money?
The things that Buhari used to affect what lives?.
Is that how other countries are run?

By giving handouts to a selected few while pocketing the rest.

I have information on school feeding scam and all the scams you mentioned because I am a journalist, but that is the story for another day.
Even tinubu would be amazed at the looting that went on with Buhari's government.

So please enjoy your trekking in peace and I suggest you help people in need, since i can see that you are well off

no pain,no gain.we just have to support the government.i guess Buhari wasn't aware of all the scams that happened with all the empowerment programs.the change we are looking for must start with us.
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by ariesbull: 10:13am On Aug 15, 2023
accordadoga24:
Some UNA GO SEE SHEGE crew will arrive here soon.

Whether we all see shege or not, Tinubu will rule us for 8 years then pass the baton to Shetima.

If you all saw shege in Ananmbra while Obi was a governor and you didn't die but still voted for him again in 2023, nobody will die during Tinubu's adminstration.

Nigeria will be great.
The stupidity of some of you Yoruba are mind boggling and legendary....

Yiu guys have the unbeatable record of foolishness

4 Likes

Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by kristo123: 10:20am On Aug 15, 2023
Nwodosis:
The new diesel price of 950 will favour me and my family.
Amin Amin Amin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Streetdoctor: 10:23am On Aug 15, 2023
Angelfrost:

Please, don't do that... A good number of Nigerians VOTED for Tinubu.

If he had little to no votes, rigging would have been more difficult.

Most Nigerians are eternally stupid!
Exactly what I do tell people, if Tinubu does not hv supporters, their won't be room for rigging.
I watched a a video on YouTube about a community in Ghana that rejected bags of rice a politician cam to give them. The community youths told d driver to take back d rice that what they need is job not rice, but here in Nigeria, they will grab it and still vote same old fool.

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Streetdoctor: 10:30am On Aug 15, 2023
kunyeo:

I agree with you,but it normally takes an average of 2 years for a policy to take effect.
Lolssssss, u hv never managed a business before neither hv u done business before..
To make Nigeria work, does not take a rocket science.
I hv managed a firm that had no inflow, I mean I inherited an empty account and debts upon debts. It didn't take me 5 months to get back on track.
I was d first non Yoruba to manage that firm. My record is their for all to see. When I talk about business, Nigerian needed a business minded person to manage d affairs, but Tinubu is only a politician not a business man.

2 Likes

Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Streetdoctor: 10:40am On Aug 15, 2023
lolu2019:
no pain,no gain.we just have to support the government.i guess Buhari wasn't aware of all the scams that happened with all the empowerment programs.the change we are looking for must start with us.
Since u never operated any business before, u will hv more time to be talking nonsense. Sensible people are telling u that companies are folding u are here saying nonsense.
I only pity innocent ones that saw d signs not some idiots like u that are still eating mama thank u.
There's no GSK products in d market, what do we give newborn babies, what do we give prostrate people. U guys are so fucking foolish

3 Likes

Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Aboguede(m): 10:41am On Aug 15, 2023
aybabz101:
What pains me the most is the idiots that called themselves graduates that who to think differently from others are the ones championing and spewing thrash.....

se na one day Tinubu go build refinery?!... your country has being without a functioning refinery for about forty years now....an oil producing country for that matter!..... na Tinubu go come fix am now?.....it doesnt take a reasonable person to elucidate that what we are facing at the moment is a cumulative effect of successive failed administrations....Obasanjo, yaradua, Jonathan and Buhari are all failed leaders........

nothing Obi or Atiku would have done differently as regard fuel subsidy......so, all this shit happening is expected.....

And the Dangote that is building a refinery at the moment said he will sell at international rate......SMH...corrupt leaders and dishonest followers

Oga Obi would have done something different!

Don't put ebola desease in the page with Mr Peter Obi.

All this dramas will force tinubu out of aso rock and the world is shocked
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by EnterpriseMan: 10:43am On Aug 15, 2023
This will favour Blabububu and his clowns
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Angelfrost(m): 10:48am On Aug 15, 2023
kunyeo:

I agree with you,but it normally takes an average of 2 years for a policy to take effect.

True sir... But, there has to be some level of compromise and cushioning in order for the transition to be permitted to happen.

Suffering has limits... How many already impoverished Nigerians do you think can wait 2 years??!

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by WHITELIGHTER: 10:53am On Aug 15, 2023
yahoodetector:

The people wey dey carry protests for head in Nigeria pass are from the same zone with the mandate snatcher.

Shame or ego or a combination of both no gree them comot to protest.

South West and North.
You’re right

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by IyaTola: 11:31am On Aug 15, 2023
Onuimo1:
It's really scary. Before now some factories are being shut down. Now it's really out of hand. The same people that voted for Buhari and later said they realized their mistakes are the same people that voted for Tinubu.

One begins to Wonder when will we as a people shun tribalism and religion and put the right people in power.

it's good for us next time we wouldn't vote based on tribal or religious sentiments
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:34am On Aug 15, 2023
No be wetin make military take over... in other west Africa countries

Instead of this selfish politicians to come up with solutions... theirs is chopping money.... Time don dey reach!!!
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Pootle: 11:38am On Aug 15, 2023
and you think this country scatter last last
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by wanimo: 12:01pm On Aug 15, 2023
Angelfrost:

Please, don't do that... A good number of Nigerians VOTED for Tinubu.

If he had little to no votes, rigging would have been more difficult.

Most Nigerians are eternally stupid!
Tinubu got less than 20% of the votes INEC allocated to him. Aside the agbado miscreants on Nairaland, no one else is supporting the mandate thief.
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by lolu2019: 12:24pm On Aug 15, 2023
Streetdoctor:

Since u never operated any business before, u will hv more time to be talking nonsense. Sensible people are telling u that companies are folding u are here saying nonsense.
I only pity innocent ones that saw d signs not some idiots like u that are still eating mama thank u.
There's no GSK products in d market, what do we give newborn babies, what do we give prostrate people. U guys are so fucking foolish
blame ur father for ur misfortune.
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by skyman200(m): 12:36pm On Aug 15, 2023
During the elections, they will remember about tribalism or religion in the name of election but after the election everyone will suffer it both those in their same religious line.

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by lolu2019: 12:52pm On Aug 15, 2023
TotoGame:

Hahahaha! You see that spirit of laziness and unproductivity manifesting in you...my father was a very successful military officer, my mum too is a Senior civil servant at Fed ministry

All these won't make me to feel entitled or stop me from hustling to make a living for myself, that's just the difference btw an average igbo young man and a yoruba guy
military officer.no wonder u r a praying for coup.it is in the blood.look at the way u r bragging.me wey I be ex-commando.if u r really doing well for urself,u don't need to complain.
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Mummyfour(f): 12:58pm On Aug 15, 2023
lolu2019:
Any one that is in pains for 8 years and continues to wallow or support more pains all in the name of gains needs to visit a deliverance center for a thorough deliverance with correct water cane.

Buhari was aware of other scams and massive lootings.
What came out of it? Nothing.

I am not saying you should give up on Nigeria, of course not.
I am only saying that we are suffering because of the cluelessness and incompetence of every useless politician and leader that has ever climbed that seat.

Them no send you or us
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by lolu2019: 1:05pm On Aug 15, 2023
Mummyfour:
Any one that is in pains for 8 years and continues to wallow or support more pains all in the name of gains needs to visit a deliverance center for a thorough deliverance with correct water cane.

Buhari was aware of other scams and massive lootings.
What came out of it? Nothing.

I am not saying you should give up on Nigeria, of course not.
I am only saying that we are suffering because of the cluelessness and incompetence of every useless politician and leader that has ever climbed that seat.

Them no send you or us
please what is the next thing to do.how can we pull out corrupt politicians.
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Streetdoctor: 1:06pm On Aug 15, 2023
lolu2019:
blame ur father for ur misfortune.
Lolsssss, Yoruba almajiri
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by lolu2019: 1:08pm On Aug 15, 2023
Streetdoctor:

Lolsssss, Yoruba almajiri
woteva
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Abufo: 1:17pm On Aug 15, 2023
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Diesel-price-hits-N950/litre-manufacturers-fear-shutdowns-job-losses

The contraption is about to collapse from its contradictions!
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Abufo: 1:24pm On Aug 15, 2023
accordadoga24:

Whether we all see shege or not, Tinubu will rule us for 8 years then pass the baton to Shetima.

If you all saw shege in Ananmbra while Obi was a governor and you didn't die but still voted for him again in 2023, nobody will die during Tinubu's adminstration.

Nigeria will be great.

see this clueless misfit! hunger will have finished our miserable life b4 Tinubu's first tenure even ends!
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by bukatyne(f): 1:26pm On Aug 15, 2023
adioolayi:
So, because of 7.5% VAT is the reason Una wickedly jack-up the price from #650 to #950

Is this 7.5% increase, even if you want to put the entire 7.5% VaT burden on consumers

Even with 10% increase, that will land you around #715...

So why #950 for goodness sake

These are the questions we should ask.

7.5% VAT on N650 brings it to about N698. Let’s assume they are passing the whole 7.5% VAT to the consumer.

Are they saying FX is why they added additional N252 per liter?

According to the article, the major reason for the hike is the addition of the 7.5% VAT which should be additional N48. Yet they added N350 per liter.

Everyone sees Nigeria as a dying cow where they can stick their knives into to carve whatever they can.

The Govt and the People are basically same.

3 Likes

Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by lolu2019: 1:51pm On Aug 15, 2023
bukatyne:

These are the questions we should ask.

7.5% VAT on N650 brings it to about N698. Let’s assume they are passing the whole 7.5% VAT to the consumer.

Are they saying FX is why they added additional N252 per liter?

According to the article, the major reason for the hike is the addition of the 7.5% VAT which should be additional N48. Yet they added N350 per liter.

Everyone sees Nigeria as a dying cow where they can stick their knives into to carve whatever they can.

The Govt and the People are basically same.
so true.change must start from the streets.
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by mrdharkchild(m): 2:00pm On Aug 15, 2023
accordadoga24:

Nigeria will be great.

You're a BASTARD, you will soon come here to beg for food using another moniker.

Nauraland is very useless for allowing people like you to freely make useless tribalistic posts.

The POLITICS IN NAIRALAND STINKS.
oYa!! Mods!! Take action as usual. BAN ME!! Nigeria will never be better because of people like u.

My family de Canada here with me.
Nigerians like you masturbate to suffering.
Suffering makes Nigerians Hot

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 15, 2023
skyman200:
During the elections, they will remember about tribalism or religion in the name of election but after the election everyone will suffer it both those in their same religious line.
This is so true!

Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Akpangbo: 3:39pm On Aug 15, 2023
Onuimo1:
It's really scary. Before now some factories are being shut down. Now it's really out of hand. The same people that voted for Buhari and later said they realized their mistakes are the same people that voted for Tinubu.

One begins to Wonder when will we as a people shun tribalism and religion and put the right people in power.

Don't blame the people bros because they didn't put Tinumbu there. Simply blame Yakubu Mamoud who single handedly made Tinumbu president.
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by MountHoreb: 4:24pm On Aug 15, 2023
Ikorodu Accountant on the beat 🪘.
Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by bluefilm: 7:25pm On Aug 15, 2023
accordadoga24:

Nigeria will be great.

Chai

You are swimming in severe delusion.

Unfortunately, it is too late to save you.

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses by Oruhuwin(m): 11:44pm On Aug 15, 2023
If you need Diesel at N650 per litre kindly contact me Asap.

We can deliver any quantity. NNPC standard only

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo / Senate probes DSS court invasion / Lagos By-Election: PDP In Dilemma As APC Settles For Tokunbo Abiru, Bank MD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.