Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,073 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival (19326 Views)

Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival / Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari Thanks Buhari For Appointing Gambari As Chief Of Staff / Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by EcoBrick: 10:31am On Aug 15, 2023
A Lagos-based lawyer and human rights activist, Malcolm Omirhobo, has sued the Emir of Ilorin, Dr Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, for allegedly stopping traditional religious worshippers from holding their Isese festival in Ilorin, Kwara State.

In the suit filed before the Kwara State High Court, Omirhobo, who described himself as an Olokun worshipper, wants to court to declare that the alleged action of the Emir was an affront to the constitutional rights to “freedom of dignity of the human person, freedom of thought, conscience and religion, freedom of expression, freedom of peaceful assembly.”

The PUNCH had in July reported that a Muslim group, Majlisu Shabab li Ulamahu Society, in Ilorin, Kwara State, went to the house of a traditional religion priestess to warn her against going ahead with her planned Isese festival in Ilorin.

The priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Olatunji, an Osun devotee, had earlier reportedly released fliers announcing a three-day traditional event aimed at celebrating certain Yoruba deities.

But the Muslim group, which described Isese festival as idolatry, said they recalled that the Emir of Ilorin had made a public declaration against such events.

Omirhobo, in his suit, is asking the court to declare that Ilorin, like every other part of Nigeria, is a multi-religious and multicultural society/city, hence, “the respondent has no constitutional powers or authority to ban and/or prohibit Isese festival in Ilorin, Kwara State, which made it impossible for the applicant to commune, felicitate, celebrate, merry, bond and worship with the community of African traditionalist/Olokun worshippers.”

He wants the court to make an order of “perpetual injunction” restraining the Emir and his agents “from embarrassing, coercing, bullying, harassing, intimidating, tormenting, torturing, dehumanising, debasing, and frustrating the applicant from enjoying his fundamental rights to dignity of his human person, freedom of thought, conscience, and religion, freedom of expression, freedom of peaceful assembly and association and freedom of movement with other Olokun worshippers in Ilorin, Kwara State in private and in public.”

https://punchng.com/lawyer-sues-emir-for-stopping-ilorin-isese-festival/

87 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by Tochi3(m): 10:33am On Aug 15, 2023
Ronu the ronulites.. support this lawyer..take note yoruba muslims..
Illorin should not be a no man's Land..

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by aderadio1: 10:36am On Aug 15, 2023
EcoBrick:
https://punchng.com/lawyer-sues-emir-for-stopping-ilorin-isese-festival/
Mynd44
This lawyer is not Yoruba and should keep off. We know how to settle our differences amicably.

8 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by ThiefnubuBandit: 10:36am On Aug 15, 2023
There is nothing Malcolm Omhirobo the charge and bail lawyer can do. Rubbish!!! Kwara State belongs to we Fulanis. Yerobas keep off!!!

74 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by LagosFirstSon: 10:40am On Aug 15, 2023
aderadio1:
This lawyer is not Yoruba and should keep off. We know how to settle our differences amicably.
Yeah, by bowing to our Fulani masters and try as much as possible not to provoke them.

Cowards

116 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 15, 2023
This traditionalist should go and do their shit in osun state abeg.
Illorin has always been a religious state and I support the Emir on this
The Emir can never go wrong in my eyes

13 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 15, 2023
Interesting...

..and God knows best
Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by optionalY09: 10:45am On Aug 15, 2023
Islam shall sink if we can’t worship our own God on our land, we shall ban any practice of Islam Across Yoruba land. Islam and Christianity are not indigenous to us we shall never allow anything foreign override what is our own. Never again.

Christianity Is the creation of Europeans as a tool to manage their society so is Islam to the Arab and Isese , Ifa is ours it’s our Language that we can relate to.

We shall never bend down to any confusion again. just like any book of wisdom we may encourage ourselves to borrow from others wisdom not to completely abandon our own.

We shall build Isese worship centers across Yoruba. land and beyond.

Don’t you people wondered why Christianity and Islam invest so much money in the promotion of their formed religion? because it has huge unending economic value.

Once you’re converted you are definitely going to bring others on board just like multilevel marketing. All of you becomes a commodity. when ever they say move you move, go to mecca you’ll hop, go to to Jerusalem, you hurry. contribute your money, you starve your family

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by olamieseun(m): 10:46am On Aug 15, 2023
Just as my mind is telling that this is what will happen at the end of the day.Am waiting for the outcome of the case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by slimfit1(m): 10:47am On Aug 15, 2023
Look at the state of corruption in the state with religion them carry for head.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by shortgun(m): 10:47am On Aug 15, 2023
grin grin
I am very sure this will never happen in any part of Igbo land cool
Be it in Anioma, Abakaliki,Equitorial Guinea, or Onitsha.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by shortgun(m): 10:48am On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
This is how most Tinubu supporters reason. cheesy

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by Lessonteacher(f): 10:48am On Aug 15, 2023
the lawyer should go and rest, its slave and slave-master thing,

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 10:51am On Aug 15, 2023
Waste of time and money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by FloatingSeed: 10:53am On Aug 15, 2023
Where they're minorities they preach tolerance but check all the places they're the majorities, they become aggressive and intolerant of any other religion.

Please watch and subscribe to my channel. Thank you

The Hidden Truth: Abdourahamane Tchiani, the Enigma Behind the Niger Coup Plot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJj9hBJWfgU

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by EmiDon11: 10:57am On Aug 15, 2023
Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:58am On Aug 15, 2023
Waste of resources

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by goodnessme1(f): 10:59am On Aug 15, 2023
Why's it hard for yorubas to respect their HOST?

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by EmiDon11: 11:01am On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
i dedicate Slaves That Loves Thier Chains to you and ur family.
tufia

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by Lanretoye(m): 11:02am On Aug 15, 2023
Tochi3:
Ronu the ronulites.. support this lawyer..take note yoruba muslims..
Illorin should not be a no man's Land..
stop making a ridicule of whatever tribe or ethnic you represent,already you are sounding like a fool with no sensible contribution to the forum and issues raised here.thats the best comment you can ever make up there.so lame,what a shame,just don't know who to blame.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by EmiDon11: 11:02am On Aug 15, 2023
What a welcome development. I love this. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by Shinjawestside: 11:28am On Aug 15, 2023
As a Yoruba Christian e no concern me...

Most Muslims Alfa's do visit those traditionalist for charms ,so I see no difference between both of them ..

Anyway God bless the good people of Southsouth and Southwest.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by orisa37: 11:29am On Aug 15, 2023
GOOD JOB FOR OUR SUPREME COURT.

NOW WE WILL KNOW WHETHER NIGERIA IS A DEMOCRACY OR A "FOOLTOCRACY".

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by Kukutente23: 11:37am On Aug 15, 2023
optionalY09:
Islam shall sink if we can’t worship our own God on our land, we shall ban any practice of Islam Across Yoruba land. Islam and Christianity are not indigenous to us we shall never allow anything foreign override what is our own. Never again.

Christianity Is the creation of Europeans as a tool to manage their society so is Islam to the Arab and Isese , Ifa is ours it’s our Language that we can relate to.

We shall never bend down to any confusion again. just like any book of wisdom we may encourage ourselves to borrow from others wisdom not to completely abandon our own.

We shall build Isese worship centers across Yoruba. land and beyond
Audio
Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by Kingpowerful: 11:39am On Aug 15, 2023
Illorin is not a Yoruba land and will never be

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by NoToPile: 11:39am On Aug 15, 2023
Interesting.

Let's see the courts verdict on this matter.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by WhisperedNoise: 11:41am On Aug 15, 2023
Kingpowerful:
Illorin is not a Yoruba land and will never be
It's what? Hausa land?
Many people just vomit rubbish.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by optionalY09: 11:42am On Aug 15, 2023
Kukutente23:

Audio

Video is coming - Islam is pure terror

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by Kukutente23: 11:54am On Aug 15, 2023
optionalY09:

Video is coming - Islam is pure terror
I agree
But Ilorin especially pride itself on being more Islamic than Yoruba
Nothing you can do about it

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by optionalY09: 12:14pm On Aug 15, 2023
Kukutente23:

I agree
But Ilorin especially pride itself on being more Islamic than Yoruba
Nothing you can do about it

You are not us- if there is nothing you can do about it , We have planned what what we are going to do about it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by godfreyod: 12:14pm On Aug 15, 2023
Don't say that. Let peace reign.

IconicR:

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2019: APC Governors Move To Take Over Party Structure / Photo Of Governors Fayose, Dickson And Yari / What Is Your Opinion About The Nigeria Land Border Closure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.