Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,904 members, 7,835,019 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three (13376 Views)

Subsidy Removal: Public Institutions To The Rescue As Parents Dump Private Schoo / Breaking: Fg Reduces Jamb, Neco, Bece Fees. / Lautech Reduces Tuition Fee Of Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by AntiChristian: 3:54pm On Aug 15, 2023
Kukutenla:

You lack sense. So in your mind this is a good development abi

Where did I say it's a good development?

cool

Carry your frustration away from my mentions!
Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by seeker121(m): 3:57pm On Aug 15, 2023
Same mess Apc created you pple should stop this rubbish of the mess u met on ground while your senators are enjoying millions for holidays smh.
Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by surgical: 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
This is what should be done for now so that Nigerians can get relief
The kind of mess we met on ground is beyond ordinary, we need to be patient to get things right.
The mess your party created,is you guys fault, you can't grab power and not know what to do with it ,this is not playing, if you guys are clueless please throw in the towel already, what sort of idiotic patience are you talking about,from buhari to emilokan same sing song
Nonsense
Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by onyxo76(m): 4:44pm On Aug 15, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Why?
Whoever cannot make it to work five days in a week, should be relieved of his employment. These are the same lecturers who took bribes to manipulate and collate nonsensical results during the elections.
and when your salary can no longer get you to work 5 days nko? you obviously have no idea of what is going on in the country, even my superiors can't try to issue query for me coming late to work.
and is it only lecturers that work in universities? what about those who had nothing to do with election.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by BoldBrainz(m): 4:47pm On Aug 15, 2023
onyxo76:
and when your salary can no longer get you to work 5 days nko? you obviously have no idea of what is going on in the country, even my superiors can't try to issue query for me coming late to work.
and is it only lecturers that work in universities? what about those who had nothing to do with election.

No quarter should be given to anyone in the South West. They should work according to labour guidelines. Whoever can no longer keep up, should resign and go home.
Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by onyxo76(m): 4:49pm On Aug 15, 2023
BoldBrainz:

No quarter should be given to anyone in the South West. They should work according to labour guidelines. Whoever can no longer keep up, should resign and go home.
and those who will replace them the ones who resign will buy fuel for 200 naira to come to work abi?

abi there is a set of workers who will spend 70% of their salary to come to work, the other point is where do you get proper replacements? you want to compare a prof who resigns due to inability to get to work with a fresh graduate looking for employment?
Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by BoldBrainz(m): 4:51pm On Aug 15, 2023
onyxo76:
and those who will replace them the ones who resign will buy fuel for 200 naira to come to work abi?

Same regulations should apply to the replacements. You cannot be responsible for foisting calamity on people and then be looking for a way to wriggle out of it.
Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by onyxo76(m): 4:55pm On Aug 15, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Same regulations should apply to the replacements. You cannot be responsible for foisting calamity on people and then be looking for a way to wriggle out of it.
then be sure of not getting anyone yo replace them, nobody will collect 150k per month as salary and spend 90k on fuel to come to work
Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by BeninRefugees: 4:57pm On Aug 15, 2023
So everybody don dey do sit at home cheesy grin grin

Chai igbo people have a proverb that said

Ọnụ kpọrọ ogiri asi , ga-emesie kọrọ ogiri racha grin

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by BoldBrainz(m): 4:57pm On Aug 15, 2023
onyxo76:
then be sure of not getting anyone yo replace them, nobody will collect 150k per month as salary and spend 90k on fuel to come to work

Sounds fine by me. The school can be shut down then. Students can also seek admissions elsewhere. Tertiary institutions abound.
Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by onyxo76(m): 5:01pm On Aug 15, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Sounds fine by me. The school can be shut down then. Students can also seek admissions elsewhere. Tertiary institutions abound.
what if other schools adopt similar methods, what happens to the students if schools shut down or are the workers in other institutions buying fuel at a cheaper price?
Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by BoldBrainz(m): 5:06pm On Aug 15, 2023
onyxo76:
what if other schools adopt similar methods, what happens to the students if schools shut down or are the workers in other institutions buying fuel at a cheaper price?

If the entire system crumbles, it would be a welcome development. Least we'll all learn enough lessons to stop voting according to tribes, religion and political sentiments.

By God, I want Nigeria to deteriorate so badly that families will starve and people will lose energy even for prayers. Let the impoverishment lead to loss of lives and property. Let the system collapse. That way, we'll all be ready to reset the country.
Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by nedekid: 5:07pm On Aug 15, 2023
Really Sad.
We are seeing a country being destroyed gradually. Self inflicted.
Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by onyxo76(m): 5:08pm On Aug 15, 2023
BoldBrainz:

If the entire system crumbles, it would be a welcome development. Least we'll all learn enough lessons to stop voting according to tribes, religion and political sentiments.

By God, I want Nigeria to deteriorate so badly that families will starve and people will lose energy even for prayers. Let the impoverishment lead to loss of lives and property. Let the system collapse. That way, we'll all be ready to reset the country.

hmm, strong idea, but the question is will you survive the system collapse? one way or another, it will consume you too, except you don't reside in the country.
Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by Dybala11(m): 5:24pm On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
The kind of mess we met on ground is beyond ordinary, we need to be patient to get things right.
And what do you think will happen to productivity as a result of this step??
You're always clever by half. Say na mess wey dem meet on ground, like PDP like APC. Bunch of recycled thieves. 😂😂😂😂😂
Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by airsaylongcome: 5:25pm On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
Six months kpere

6 months from when? Today? May 29, 2023? An you indicate a specific date so we start counting down? I remember Fashola saying a serious government would fix power in 6 months. Power hasn't been fixed yet so I'm presuming the 6 months Fashola spoke about hasn't lapsed. Would be good if you can put a date to this "Six months kpere" timeline of yours so we know when we can loosen our belts cos it is too damned tight now

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 15, 2023
Dybala11:

And what do you think will happen to productivity as a result of this step??
You're always clever by half. Say na mess wey dem meet on ground, like PDP like APC. Bunch of recycled thieves. 😂😂😂😂😂

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by Dybala11(m): 5:27pm On Aug 15, 2023
ecolime:
Labour should fight for something similar.

Even if it's making Friday is work free day. Some Scandinavian countries adopted and they are doing fine.
The problem is that our productivity as a whole is low, reducing the number of working days also reduces the productivity further. The move favours their workers sha.
Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by BoldBrainz(m): 5:38pm On Aug 15, 2023
onyxo76:

hmm, strong idea, but the question is will you survive the system collapse? one way or another, it will consume you too, except you don't reside in the country.

I reside in the country and the collapse would most certainly affect me. But we can consider it a necessary evil, if it happens.
Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by Lolz419: 6:53pm On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
Useless set of people in a useless party
Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by MeaslesMumpsRub: 8:13pm On Aug 15, 2023
UI first and best

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

As A Teacher, How Can I Help Boost Confidence In A Timid Pupil / Why You May Fail JAMB 2018: Read And Avoid Failure / Which Nursing School Is Presently Admitting Students?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.