Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,682 members, 7,851,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:31 PM

BREAKING: Tinubu Considers Temporary Subsidy On Petrol - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Tinubu Considers Temporary Subsidy On Petrol (2168 Views)

Tinubu Considering โ€˜Temporary Subsidyโ€™ On Petrol / Tinubu Considers Oronsaye Report, May Merge Govt Agencies / Atiku To Consult Obi, Kwankwaso, Tinubu Considers Lalong, El-Rufai, SGF, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Considers Temporary Subsidy On Petrol by Realjerome200: 6:06pm On Aug 15, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Do you know how long it takes to repair a refinery?
40 years I guess.
Tinubu got no idea on what to do. He is as worst as his predecessor.
Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Considers Temporary Subsidy On Petrol by 9jatriot(m): 6:06pm On Aug 15, 2023
My brother, that refinery tire me I swear, so when I say even if it means dashing them and their workers out, I mean it both literally and as is.

The amount of money paid in salary and eventual gratuity of those workers and all the money spent of turn around maintenance year in year out, can be considered as the amount that the buyer paid.

Just imagine what has been spent on them since 2007 when OBJ attempted to sell it then.

I believe NNPC has been unbundled, at least in theory, right?
BoldBrainz:

๐Ÿ˜‚.
Nobody is dashing anything please. And Atiku said he intended to sell the refineries and "unbundle" the NNPC, which to me was a fine idea, anyhow you slice it.
Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Considers Temporary Subsidy On Petrol by enemybulldozer(m): 6:17pm On Aug 15, 2023
seunmsg:

This should be a temporary measure to avoid further price increase. Hopefully, it will be for a short period of time. Probably till Dangote and PH refineries will come on board or till when the exchange rate can be stabilized.
So, what's the essence of all the gragra tinubu has been making?
Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Considers Temporary Subsidy On Petrol by BoldBrainz(m): 6:21pm On Aug 15, 2023
Realjerome200:

40 years I guess.
Tinubu got no idea on what to do. He is as worst as his predecessor.

๐Ÿ˜‚.
Concerning Tinubu, we're in agreement. Man probably didn't understand the enormity of work at Aso rock while he was scrambling for the office, so he's already seeming overwhelmed.

And no, it doesn't take 40years to repair a refinery. But for anyone to suggest Nigerians should hang on while the refineries are worked, that person is oblivious of the requirements for such a task. The economic situation needs urgent succor. If the masses have to wait for those repairs, the number of families that will die from starvation will make the figures from the civil war seem like a dress rehearsal.
Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Considers Temporary Subsidy On Petrol by bender79: 6:24pm On Aug 15, 2023
Againstallodds:
The way forward is to subsidize by 50% and Chanell the money to revive the refineries and when it start working well they can now remove it totally
Buhari tried it and never worked
Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Considers Temporary Subsidy On Petrol by BoldBrainz(m): 6:24pm On Aug 15, 2023
9jatriot:
My brother, that refinery tire me I swear, so when I say even if it means dashing them and their workers out, I mean it both literally and as is.

The amount of money paid in salary and eventual gratuity of those workers and all the money spent of turn around maintenance year in year out, can be considered as the amount that the buyer paid.

Just imagine what has been spent on them since 2007 when OBJ attempted to sell it then.

I believe NNPC has been unbundled, at least in theory, right?

๐Ÿ˜‚.
You're a funny one.
Whatever Buhari did with the NNPC wasn't unbundling. They just cleaned up the body's surface and dressed her in a tutu, then unveiled her to the public with a nickname "NNPCL".
Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Considers Temporary Subsidy On Petrol by BoldBrainz(m): 6:26pm On Aug 15, 2023
Againstallodds:
The way forward is to subsidize by 50% and Chanell the money to revive the refineries and when it start working well they can now remove it totally

They should stop "channelling" any money to the refineries. Those things should be sold. The amount of money these crooked politicians have embezzled in the name of Turnaround maintenance since 2007, is enough to have built a brand new refinery from scratch.
Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Considers Temporary Subsidy On Petrol by chudyprince: 6:26pm On Aug 15, 2023
LagosFirstSon:
Mumu president

I said that before that Tinubu is doing initial gragra and the policies will boomerang.

Dem dey call am jagaban, he dey yeye himself .

na jagajaga band
Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Considers Temporary Subsidy On Petrol by Deemas(m): 6:46pm On Aug 15, 2023
Fix refineries before removal of subsidy.

Dollar fluctuation and not market forces will be the determinant of fuel price if we continue to import.

Instead of putting the above into cognizance, the 'Mr hit the ground running' just opened his mouth and shouted subsidy is gone.

Well, with the consideration of temporary subsidy, he has another opportunity to get it right by ensuring local refineries produce at optimal level.

I just hope he is not tired already because the issues of Nigeria are enomous, multidimensional and highly tasking. It is really not easy piloting the affairs of Nigeria.
Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Considers Temporary Subsidy On Petrol by 9jatriot(m): 6:47pm On Aug 15, 2023
Hahaha. Now you are the funny one.

Nigeria matter de tire person.

I went to look up the work tutu, funny choice of clothing to use in your illustration.

BoldBrainz:

๐Ÿ˜‚.
You're a funny one.
Whatever Buhari did with the NNPC wasn't unbundling. They just cleaned up the body's surface and dressed her in a tutu, then unveiled her to the public with a nickname "NNPCL".

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Considers Temporary Subsidy On Petrol by Deemas(m): 6:48pm On Aug 15, 2023
Please Mr Emilokan; don't consider temporary subsidy. Just allow fuel price to go up again and see if Nigeria will contain us.
Re: BREAKING: Tinubu Considers Temporary Subsidy On Petrol by dragunov: 7:52pm On Aug 15, 2023
seunmsg:

This should be a temporary measure to avoid further price increase. Hopefully, it will be for a short period of time. Probably till Dangote and PH refineries will come on board or till when the exchange rate can be stabilized.
Wishful Kadoso!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Kadoso Mutairu aka SeunMuhammaduShettimaGumi!

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Witnessed First Govt College Graduation,Tinubu Was Not Among Themโ€“ Ex-governor / Photo Of Some Surviving Victims Of Plateau Attacks & Mass Burial Conducted Today / Kidnapper Arrested While Trying To Cash Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.