Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,295 members, 7,839,445 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Five Attributes That Makes You A Man. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Five Attributes That Makes You A Man. (177 Views)

What Is That Special Thing That Makes You Happy? / Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? / How You Can Use Bitter Kola For Spiritual Benefits: Knowledge That Makes A Diffe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Five Attributes That Makes You A Man. by GideonOludayomi(m): 7:29pm On Aug 15, 2023
Some years back, just barely after I graduated from the University and I was trying to figure out my life, a job offer surfaced and I just decided to give the interview a try. At the time, my mind was actually set on being self employed. On getting to the interview, the interviewer engaged me and I was answering him with some air of subtle pomposity. At the conclusion of the interview, he said to me, though with a gentle but stern tone, 'You don't know what it is to be a man'. What?!

That outburst, deflated my pride. I felt wounded emotionally. What could he mean? I am a man! How dare him say I don't know what it means to be a man?

Well, it's been almost 13 years after that experience and as the event juggled my memory, I feel I should share with you the five basic attributes that makes you a man. There are certainly more but you see these five I will be mentioning, keep them to heart. Let's go:

1. Being Articulate
You are not a man if you cannot express your thoughts, ideas and instructions in clear and simple language. This is not about speaking big grammar or even speaking correct English but more about you not hiding your lack of emotional capacity under dramatic charades. By dramatic charades, I mean shouting down on others or your spouse, becoming fussy over hurtful comments, unnecessary display of anger to score a point and so many more. As a man, when you don't like a thing, no matter the status of the person involved, your ability to express your opinion clearly without disregard to the peace of others or unnecessary drama is a priceless composure that says you are a man!

2. Being Knowledgeable
Hold on, nobody is saying you should know everything o, mba! What we are saying is that be knowledgeable enough to know when you don't know. Be knowledgeable enough to know when to ask for help; be knowledgeable enough to understand limits; be knowledgeable enough to learn from anyone around you.
There are chances that you may not remember many of the things you even genuinely know, but when you position yourself as a man that loves knowledge and not as an alpha and omega, oh my my, the beauty of your manliness evolves.

3. Dress Consciously Well
Bro, dressing well isn't about being expensive. Putting a level of consciousness into how you dress is actually a testament that you are responsible and considerate. It actually shows how deep the understanding of your brand as a man - a symbol of excellence, is rooted in you.
Simple consciousness such as ironing your cloths, wearing clean cloths and smelling nice are enough. To do these is not expensive. As you grow your financial capacity, you will improve on the quality of your dressing. So, that you are broke isn't an excuse to dress shabbily. In fact, it only shows that you are not ready to be responsible.
One of these days, God willing, I will share with you simple dressing routines you can adopt both to build your wardrobe and to dress well. But if you are looking for sophistication, there are experts in that, look for them. Just put a level of consciousness in how you dress

4. Being Protective
A true man is a man who is quick to protect anything under and around his care. Being protective shows that you have come to understand the value of investments. It shows that you have come to truly understand the pains, the honour and the efforts that goes into dedicating time, resources and intention into creating or making beautiful things happen.
Protect your home, protect your spouse, protect your children, protect your parents, protect your friends, protect your assets and even the assets of others especially the ones in your care, protect your colleagues, protect your staffs. Don't be over-protective.
Being overprotective is an evidence of lack of self awareness; lack of self identity and lack of self esteem. Being Protective is a mark of a balanced emotional intelligence capacity.

5. Make Money
Do you also think that money makes you a man?
Well, that is a big fat lie! Money only makes you look fine.
It is the ability to make, manage and keep money that makes you a man.
Having the ability to make money suggests strongly that you are a problem solver. It projects that you understand the nitty-gritty of providing solutions to complex problems. A true man not only makes money, he helps others to do the same. The difference between a person who gets money and a man who makes money is in the impact they make. While people will flock around the former like ants would do to sugar, people will flock around the latter like the wheels on a car. You should spot the difference.
Making, managing and keeping money through you ideas and effort positions you as a man that solves problems and that opens greater door of confidence that makes others want to bless you even more.

I strongly believe that you have being inspired. Being a man isn't about the dangling rod between your legs, the strained veins on your body or the deep echos of your voice. It is about substance. Substance isn't something you pick on the road, No! It is something you thrive and work hard on. To be a man, realign yourself today and work on improving yourself to develop capacity in these five things mentioned.

Gracias.

Gideon OLUDAYOMI

1 Like

Re: Five Attributes That Makes You A Man. by talented321: 7:32pm On Aug 15, 2023
Good writeup'' money, character and exposure is what every man need.

1 Like

Re: Five Attributes That Makes You A Man. by akaahs(m): 7:42pm On Aug 15, 2023
Wow woop, nice points.
To be a man, focus on developing your own values to live by such as trusting and helping others, and be ready to make sacrifices.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Cummins Diesel Gen 15KVA / Feelings / Discount: Neat Samsung TV (32 Inches) For Sale N52,500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.