Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting (41772 Views)

Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar / Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 / Naira Crashes To Record Low At Official Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Babathanks(m): 10:44am On Aug 16, 2023
donbachi:
100% importation of foreign goods is the cause.
Una don start again ba?😉
Na so una talk say may them ban rice say naira go get value if we start consuming Nigeria rice ooo. Before the ban 1$ is 150 but after the ban na 930 now ooo

1 Like

Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by crismark(m): 10:45am On Aug 16, 2023
Elvis2kay:
All dollars account must be close. This is Nigeria and Naira is what we spend. No Naira account is allow in USA.
You just dont have sense.
They should close all dollar account because naira acct is not used in the US?
What does US use our naira for?
We need dollars for importation and other things. Just go and donate your brain to the gods since it is useless

3 Likes

Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by victorsola: 10:45am On Aug 16, 2023
Taylor90:

Goodnews keh

So you believe a mere meeting without work input will crash dollar

If na so make them dey hold the meeting every two hours so that before end of next tomorrow dollar will crash from $1 to N10

Some of una get small brain I swear

If to say you be woman to knack you no go pass two indomie one egg
speculations can increase dollar price so people can ord or even panic buy . Then the market changes momentum. Na market force they change dollar now . And market force are the people buying and selling.
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Calitoscassius(m): 10:52am On Aug 16, 2023
So many fools on here, they read news that dollar crashed and they are rejoicing.... grin grin after rejoicing on nairaland, these same fools MUST stillhave to buy petrol at the highest price in the world (even though they claim to be an oil rich country) these same fools MUST still buy expensive foodstuffs, pay high prices for other goods and commodities, including high transportation fares. grin

And when you try to educate them they d label you "obidients" grin the slogan Obidients is what gives them hopeless hope and helps them sleep at night with empty hungry stomachs in their tiny dark miserable rooms

Some of us who are "waillers" as they label (all they know how to do is labelling people) us are not wailling because the situation in the country affects us but because we want to see a working country where everyone would benefit not just the rich getting richer.

You watch, they will call me Obidients grin cheesy that is their only argument. While they suffer in hunger

1 Like

Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by donbachi(m): 10:52am On Aug 16, 2023
Babathanks:

Una don start again ba?😉
Na so una talk say may them ban rice say naira go get value if we start consuming Nigeria rice ooo. Before the ban 1$ is 150 but after the ban na 930 now ooo
if you buy more in dollars and less in naira.it will affect the naira.but,if you buy more on naira than dollars.the dollar and the naira go be mate.
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by fastseo: 10:53am On Aug 16, 2023
this is false news. who brought this news up why making false claims? angry
this wicked
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by fastseo: 10:54am On Aug 16, 2023
victorsola:
speculations can increase dollar price so people can ord or even panic buy . Then the market changes momentum. Na market force they change dollar now . And market force are the people buying and selling.

people are traveling for school and summer holidays now and that makes demands high.
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Spidermon: 10:57am On Aug 16, 2023
Ban BDC's.

Very simple

1 Like

Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by fastseo: 10:58am On Aug 16, 2023
Elvis2kay:
All dollars account must be close. This is Nigeria and Naira is what we spend. No Naira account is allow in USA.
have you heard about diaspora remittance?
Nigeria earns about 21billion from it and its Nigerians abroad that brings this money.

close it and watch that remittance close

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by yusufmurry: 11:05am On Aug 16, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
You're sad the news is about the naira strengthening against the dollar grin

What are talking about? In reality, is it 790? Which bank has the dollar to give? Is it not still Aboki?

Nigeria is not olden days Lagos, go tell your Tinubu like that. Completely clueless.
Buhari is even better that he made us know that he is more clueless than your Tinubu that is riding on ego.
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by XAUBulls: 11:09am On Aug 16, 2023
Islie:

https://dailytrust.com/after-tinubu-cbn-governors-meeting-dollar-crashes-to-n790-at-parallel-market/
There's too MUCH greed on the part of these speculators and black market participants. They need to be cut to size from here on out if Nigeria is to grow and stop being a significant underachiever. Period.
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Musauzor(m): 11:10am On Aug 16, 2023
Yoruba trying hard to destroy the Nigerian economy.
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Calitoscassius(m): 11:10am On Aug 16, 2023
yusufmurry:

What are talking about? In reality, is it 790? Which bank has the dollar to give? Is it not still Aboki?

Nigeria is not olden days Lagos, go tell your Tinubu like that. Completely clueless.
Buhari is even better that he made us know that he is more clueless than your Tinubu that is riding on ego.
I told them they will miss Buhari after Tifnunbu finishes with them. grin

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Ikaeniyan0: 11:12am On Aug 16, 2023
prophetfire:
Mister this news is a lie. Audio newspaper crashing. I do business that involves buying and selling in dollars daily.
Nothing crashed. That figure quoted there is a very pathetic lie. It's still above 900.
You're not the first nairalander that will make this kind of claim.
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by twosquare(m): 11:13am On Aug 16, 2023
Babathanks:

Una don start again ba?😉
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by fabolouz1(m): 11:15am On Aug 16, 2023
Should we now celebrate? If We stop importing all these items we can produce here ,the demand for forex exchange will drastically reduce and this in turn will make the local currency strong.
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by darealez(m): 11:19am On Aug 16, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
You wey no get money to buy dollar too dey talk cheesy

Only useless obi supporters don't like hearing good news about Nigeria.
Although I'm aware you're daft, but atleast if you have never had a deal with dollars, shut your damn mouth!

1 Like

Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by darealez(m): 11:21am On Aug 16, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
You're not the first nairalander that will make this kind of claim.
Atleast those of you who know zero about purchasing dollar are easy to unveil... Drop your parallel market plug dum!
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Ikaeniyan0: 11:24am On Aug 16, 2023
darealez:
Atleast those of you who know zero about purchasing dollar are easy to unveil... Drop your parallel market plug dum!
Only a dumb person like you will make this kind of claim about who you don't know about. So you already believed all the people claiming they use dollars for their business? 🤣

No wander people like you believed the fable that was spread about Buhari. Anyone can claim to be anything on nairaland dumbo
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Ikaeniyan0: 11:26am On Aug 16, 2023
darealez:
Although I'm aware you're daft, but atleast if you have never had a deal with dollars, shut your damn mouth!
You have not proven anything. Any fraustrated lowlife like you can claim to be anything on nairaland.
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Ikaeniyan0: 11:30am On Aug 16, 2023
darealez:
There's no where I claim to buy dollar in my post, or can you show me where I claimed to buy the us dollar? If you can't show me, then you will have to agree with me you're the foolish one grin
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Ikaeniyan0: 11:32am On Aug 16, 2023
darealez:
Please carry all this senseless screenshot comot my front. On the article, the reporter went to meet Aboki and he wrote the price they were calling in the article, you're here showing me nonsense screenshot from the comfort of your hut in the red mud republic.

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by LucemFerre: 11:34am On Aug 16, 2023
Everytime I see "CRASH" I go dey expect to see 100 naira to $1.

These people no even know wetin crash mean. Dollar bat eye una say e crash
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Lordofalmajiri(f): 11:55am On Aug 16, 2023
FOOTSOLDIER2:
Hahaha, lol. Na by media propaganda cheesy
E crash at least... From 945 to 921 cool
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Backpedal: 11:59am On Aug 16, 2023
tommy589:
Interesting.
Maybe implementing the policy of receiving naira value from diaspora remittances and other sources instead of dollar, would strengthen the naira and reduce the gap between official and parallel market rate

This will kill naira the more

Because the reason why the diaspora remittances spiked in the first place is because of the promise of collecting USD by the recipient

What the CBN needs to do is to scrap that restricted list and do a full float ....

But that's after five back to back good policy announcements by the govt
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Crysthaniel(m): 12:01pm On Aug 16, 2023
CBN should increase interest on Naira savings to over 200% people with dollar savings might be tempted to sell and buy Naira
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Geminiivory: 12:07pm On Aug 16, 2023
spiSeyi:

I talk am grin , good news is their bad news bad news is their good news

Keep fooling yourself.. that's reality .so deal.with it
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by RealEzee(m): 12:30pm On Aug 16, 2023
Emefiele is not there to blame,who go collect now na? angry

1 Like

Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Jlow2: 12:38pm On Aug 16, 2023
Na dem dem, dint they have the measure before it went up to 950?
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by tommy589(m): 12:51pm On Aug 16, 2023
Backpedal:

This will kill naira the more

Because the reason why the diaspora remittances spiked in the first place is because of the promise of collecting USD by the recipient

What the CBN needs to do is to scrap that restricted list and do a full float ....

But that's after five back to back good policy announcements by the govt

I am not sure naira is going to become weak or lead to reduction in remittances.

Unlike foreign investors expecting to have their returns back in Dollars. Diaspora remittances to Nigeria is huge. The purpose of most these diaspora remittances is to support family, friends etc. in payment for goods and services transacted in Naira.

Not certain how effective this step may work in the long run, but very sure of stability and the crash of parallel market in the first few months. It will also provides forex for manufacturers, while I am in support of restricting some importation
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by cutedharmee: 12:59pm On Aug 16, 2023
There's going to be panick selling and on the long run go high again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Want To Stop Being Dependent On Monthly Salary? This Is A Must See / After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? / What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.